0 (0%)
Tottenham
0 (0%)
Shakhtar Donetsk
0 (0%)
Valencia
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: UEFA Champions League Thread  (Read 302549 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA Champions League Thread 2010-2011
« Reply #510 on: March 16, 2011, 10:03:56 PM »
 :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 17, 2011, 06:26:27 AM »
Small mag, the main thing that any of the remaining teams have going for them against Barca right now is that Barca have some inconvenient injury worries coming at the worst time.  Ah know yuh love yuh manu and yuh epl, but how in de WORLD you could say Chelsea and manu have the best chances of :rotfl: beating Barca and RM have none?!  You mad or wha?! Yuh should change your name to "Small Mad" oui!  Allyuh does really get tie up with how easy it does look when manu defending angainst these epl teams and others that 'fraid dem but....what you really think go happen when Messi pick up dah ball and start runnin', full speed, at the collective clumsiness that is carrick, fletcher, c**tmouth rio, Mr. "we don't like pretty football" thug-vidic, and the nex' wannabe thug evra and hot-headed raphael? (not to mention if he go back and pick up de ball anywhere NEAR rooney or paul "Swing Blade" scholes?) Please!  Pedro alone go give allyuh beans and doh let Pep give a hungry, bench-ridden Bojan a sweat either nuh.  Barca would be buzzin' 'round that defense like marabunta and van der saar would get abused. 
  Maybe valencia could provide allyuh wit a few seconds of relief when he get the ball and try to take on Adriano, and maybe ronani could feel he could take on Alves and then Pique but that is if allyuh midfield would even get a chance to relay the ball to either of them......wait, ah forget....scholes and he long-ball passes.  (Duhh!!....silly :nailbiting: me)
  Inter is the team with the best chance of beating Barca, jed and I would never say RM "have no chance" without wearin' a straight jacket......shit, if yuh sleep on Shaktar and all allyuh might end up wit bad dreams and as for Chelsea? we not on the best form to take on Barca right now so yuh could forget dat, too. (but we beatin' allyuh shit side, though)  :devil:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 06:35:16 AM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 17, 2011, 07:39:45 AM »
right right Jai and Mango...  so once Messi playing they automatically winning..  I hope Fergie, Carlo, Jose and Leonardo know that too... I bet the pre match speech is "fellas they have messi.. thats it.. we had a good run"

He is the best in the world and they are the best but If you wanna be the best you got to take out the best and thankfully me and United and any of the other teams arent pussies like allyuh. 

We welcome challenge and think on ways and formations and details how to get past not fold up and say they have messi ... f**k messi and f**k off

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 17, 2011, 07:52:21 AM »
I didn't realize that Real have had such a bad run, 7 years since the last 1/4 final spot!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 17, 2011, 07:53:07 AM »

I think Chelsea can beat Barca.. thats why I want to see them paired to get Barca out because on our day we can beat Chelsea in 2 legs or a final.. I think we can beat Barca too but I'd rather yall give it a go lol

VDS, Rafael,Rio,Vidic,Evra.. Scholes, Fletcher, Carrick..Valencia Rooney Nani

Small Mad, the only difference between that back 4 and the back 4 that get the cutarse in 2009 is Rafael. Whereas O'Shea started in that game at RB.

A fully fit and running Villa • Messi • Pedro combo will run rings around that back 4 any day of the week.

This is not West Brom and Wigan yuh defending against. It is only in England that Ferdinand is regarded as a world class defender, any other league in the world he will get eat up and Vidic is ah mad man that good for a penalty against a skillful team.

Man U reached the final in 2009 on the strength of a phenomenal C. Ronaldo, who, at that time was nullified by the Barca midfield and now you want to bring Nani and Valencia into this argument who are nowhere near the class of Ronaldo......steups, come nuh man Small Mad.

Més que un club.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 17, 2011, 07:59:16 AM »
Allyuh doh get on Small back for dat comment, he said Chelsea and Man U have the best chance, not that they have a good chance.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 17, 2011, 08:02:33 AM »
Allyuh doh get on Small back for dat comment, he said Chelsea and Man U have the best chance, not that they have a good chance.

exactly.. I agree they are the best and most probable to win it but 'm not scared of them or embarrassed to lose to them..I would like to challenge them and give them a go... it's football anything can happen

"2+2 in football isnt always 4..its mostly 3 or 5" - Don Leo

also from Fergie's mouth:
11:30 The boss was also asked about the possibility of been drawn with Barcelona in tomorrow's Champions League draw. He's a huge admirer of the Spanish champions, but says it's important not to fear them. "I don't think it's good tactics to go into how good they are and show a trepidation and apprehension about it. I don't think it's our way. You have to face the hurdle as it comes along. We've got the experience of playing against them recently - we knocked them out in the semi-final [in 2008] and lost the final in Rome [in 2009]. And it's virtually all the same players. It's an amazing thing that they very rarely change their team. That's a fantastic feat when you think of the number of games you play nowadays." (GT)

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 17, 2011, 08:37:15 AM »
i backing Shahktar!

if i were to back anyone else now that Arsenal have bowed out

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 17, 2011, 08:47:04 AM »

.....and even when yuh drawing from short straws for the longest one, it is neither manu nor Chelsea that draw the longest one.  I still saybelieve it is Inter that have the "best" chance to beat Barca.

Small Mad....I quoted more than just Messi eh, so doh have me dong as sayin' that Messi is going to single-handedly beat any side....but he IS Barca's key to success, so interpret it how yuh want.  But yuh better hope that all them yellow/red/cards/mistakeswes brown-waiting-to-happen defense bring they best game, no matter WHO allyuh draw.

Also, it is funny, ironic hypocritical and downright pitiful of alex feruson to talk about not playin' Barca like they 'fraid dem and mention the 2008 victory over them.  They get a nice/lucky goal off scholes shot and park up de bus in de second leg.  c'mon, SON!  Wha happ'm, fergie gettin' senile or wha?!  They didn't only just "lose" to Barca in '09, they got washed, hung out to dry and sent to the cleaners as well. (and still come back dutty.)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 17, 2011, 09:46:28 AM »
Nuff respect Real and Lyon.

After UEFA did not allow players in the Real Madrid vs Lyon match to wear shirts showing support for Abidal, who is going through treatment for a liver tumour, the players put on shirts after the match to demonstrate their support and good wishes for Eric Abidal.

Més que un club.

giggsy11

« Reply #520 on: March 17, 2011, 11:16:54 AM »
Well done Real; after all is just a game!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 17, 2011, 11:25:26 AM »
Real showed Real Class in support of Abidal  :applause: :applause:

Real are the first Mourinho team that plays with absolute style & "only for me" really worth watching. They were magnificent against Lyon.

As for the draw only a hunch but look for an Inter vs Real too appetizing for UEFA to ignore
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 17, 2011, 12:02:12 PM »
Real showed Real Class in support of Abidal  :applause: :applause:

Real are the first Mourinho team that plays with absolute style & "only for me" really worth watching. They were magnificent against Lyon.

As for the draw only a hunch but look for an Inter vs Real too appetizing for UEFA to ignore

Real classy move by Jose and his team and I dare say maybe even a necessary and well-timed one after the frayed nerve endings following Inter's elimination of Barca in the CL last year......I missed the game but I happy for Marcello....me and my Brejin (Real fan) been goin' back and forth for a long time about his worth.....I doh find the boy is as bad as people make 'im out...I always like him. (shit!  I like ANY dam Brazilian!  :D)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 17, 2011, 01:26:24 PM »
Current odds to win the CL

1. Barcelona 5/4
2. Real 9/2
3. Chelsea 6/1
4. Man U 15/2
5. Inter 10/1
6. Spurs 12/1
7. Shaktar 25/1
8. Schalke 50/1

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #524 on: March 17, 2011, 07:31:43 PM »
Real Respect .

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: March 17, 2011, 09:34:46 PM »
I wonder if the tables were turned, if a man like Messi would wear an 'Animo Ramos' jersey?

What a display of class and maturity... Proud day to be a Real fan!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 17, 2011, 09:40:04 PM »
I wonder if the tables were turned, if a man like Messi would wear an 'Animo Ramos' jersey?

What a display of class and maturity... Proud day to be a Real fan!

Why do you think the club slogan is "Mas que un club"?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 17, 2011, 10:36:27 PM »
what you really think go happen when Messi pick up dah ball and start runnin', full speed, at the collective clumsiness that is carrick, fletcher, c**tmouth rio, Mr. "we don't like pretty football" thug-vidic, and the nex' wannabe thug evra and hot-headed raphael? (not to mention if he go back and pick up de ball anywhere NEAR rooney or paul "Swing Blade" scholes?) Please!  Pedro alone go give allyuh beans and doh let Pep give a hungry, bench-ridden Bojan a sweat either nuh.  Barca would be buzzin' 'round that defense like marabunta and van der saar would get abused.

like in the world cup ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 18, 2011, 04:22:53 AM »
what you really think go happen when Messi pick up dah ball and start runnin', full speed, at the collective clumsiness that is carrick, fletcher, c**tmouth rio, Mr. "we don't like pretty football" thug-vidic, and the nex' wannabe thug evra and hot-headed raphael? (not to mention if he go back and pick up de ball anywhere NEAR rooney or paul "Swing Blade" scholes?) Please!  Pedro alone go give allyuh beans and doh let Pep give a hungry, bench-ridden Bojan a sweat either nuh.  Barca would be buzzin' 'round that defense like marabunta and van der saar would get abused.

like in the world cup ??

What about the World Cup, Big Mag?  You really still tryin' to use the World Cup to compare a Maradonna-run Argentina team against international opponents (cassava) to a Pep Guardiola-managed Barcelona at club level (pone) to say what?  To say that Messi running at defenders has no influence on his team's success?  I eh sure ah follow....help meh out nuh...what am I missing?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 18, 2011, 05:19:55 AM »
Inter Milan/Schalke
Chelsea/Man Utd
Real Madrid/Tottenham
Barcelona/Shakhtar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 18, 2011, 05:30:50 AM »
Real vs Spurs    vs  Barca vs Shaktar

Inter vs Schalke vs  Chelsea vs United

Tough draw but same for the rent boys... at least we go back to OT in the QF and SF should we get there

Lets have it!

MASSIVE

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 18, 2011, 05:41:02 AM »
Inter Milan/Schalke
Chelsea/Man Utd
Real Madrid/Tottenham
Barcelona/Shakhtar

Yuh eh waste no time!  Shalke havin' a good tournament but after what i see Inter pull off against Bayern, I eh seein' Shalke get past this experienced team. Chelsea will triumph over manu if we get we forwards to finish and we midfielders stay disciplined and don't give in to the battle atmosphere and rack up yellows and reds. Real will mash up Spurs' fairy tale run and make dem look bad in de process and Shaktar will give Barca some trouble but the weather will become less of a factor and Barca still comin' out on top.
  Unless my side improve thier current form drastically, Inter beatin' we and amazingly, another mourinho-coached team will meet Barca in a back-to-back semi-final.  Them two will pull out all the stops and will be the real "Final".  Barca, eventual champions.

Barca eking out a victory in the final.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 18, 2011, 05:45:46 AM »

Tough draw but same for the rent boys... at least we go back to OT in the QF and SF should we get there
Lets have it!

MASSIVE

Doh worry...we go gih yuh it and gih yuh it good! Yuh eh hadda beg!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 18, 2011, 05:53:47 AM »
hard luck chelsea  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 18, 2011, 06:39:08 AM »

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 18, 2011, 07:09:56 AM »
all my united bredrin dont count yuh chicks b4 they hatch.....was ah lickin alyuh plan to give we 2weeks ago and instead yuh suffer back to back PL defeats to spark talk of chelsea still having ah outside chance in d league still
so as far as CL all d banter and ting is normal but with chelsea squad @ full fitness and yours hitting ther bad patch of the season and with injuries i would be more cautious with d talk than usual.

All chelsea has to do is WIN d midfield battle ...cant allow Scholes to dictate the game as he is so good at doing and while i know nani and valencia more than capable i believe the wide tandems of malouda/cole and movement of anelka/torres along with the POWER of drogba against a depleted back line of Utd could be the difference maker. But like i say United cannot be allowed to dominate the midfield battle as they did first half at the bridge.

Not even that 2-1 score is satisfactory ....

ALL THAT BEING SAID....THE ATMOSPHERE @ THE BRIDGE and OLD TRAFFORD FOR THOSE 3 MEETINGS IN THAT MONTH WILL BE ELECTRIC.

Cheers fellas good luck to both teams and jus remember is just FOOTBALL

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 18, 2011, 08:21:10 AM »
Should Barca and Real progress to the semi-final round they would meet one another.

That is 2 games, plus El Clasico and the Copa Del Rey final still to be played.

Good time to be a spanish football fan.

Edit:
APRIL
Sun 3: J30 (A) Villarreal
Wed 6 Apr: UCL Qf-1L (H) Shakhtar Donetsk
Sat 9: J31 (H) Almería
Tue 12 Apr: UCL Qf-2L (A) Shakhtar Donetsk
Sun 17: J32 (A) Real Madrid
Wed 20: Copa del Rey final (N) Real Madrid
Sun 24: J33 (H) Osasuna (Valencia v LPB)
Tue/Wed 26/27 Apr: UCL Sf-1L (A) Real Madrid/Tottenham

MAY
Sun 1: J34 (A) Real Sociedad (LPB v Zaragoza)
Tue/Wed 3/4 May: UCL Sf-2L (H) Real Madrid/Tottenham
Sun 8: J35 (H) Espanyol (Sevilla v LPB)
Wed 11: J36 (A) Levante
Sun 15: J37 (H) Deportivo
Wed 18: UEFA Europa League Final in Dublin
Sun 22: J38 (A) Málaga
Sat 28: UEFA Champions League Final in London (Wembley) Inter/Schalke/Chelsea/ManUtd
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:33:27 AM by Disgruntled_Trini »

Més que un club.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 18, 2011, 08:24:27 AM »
Possibly 4 Classicos in 19 days.. drama

Hoping for Shaktar  vs Spurs in Semi 1 and United v Schalke in Semi 2

;D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Champions League quarter-finals Thread.
« Reply #538 on: March 18, 2011, 08:44:21 AM »
Quarter-final draw (5/6 and 12/13 April)

Real Madrid CF (ESP) v Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG)
Chelsea FC (ENG) v Manchester United FC (ENG)
FC Barcelona (ESP) v FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
FC Internazionale Milano (ITA) v FC Schalke 04 (GER)

Semi-final draw (26/27 April and 3/4 May)

1: Inter/Schalke v Chelsea /Manchester United
2: Madrid/Tottenham v Barcelona/Shakhtar

Final (28 May, Wembley)

Winner semi-final 2 v Winner semi-final 1

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1609215.html
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:46:03 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Champions League quarter-finals Thread.
« Reply #539 on: March 18, 2011, 08:48:47 AM »
1st leg - Tuesday 5 April 2011
Real Madrid CF - Tottenham Hotspur FC
FC Internazionale Milano - FC Schalke 04

1st leg - Wednesday 6 April 2011
Chelsea FC - Manchester United FC
FC Barcelona - FC Shakhtar Donetsk

2nd leg - Tuesday 12 April 2011
Manchester United FC - Chelsea FC
FC Shakhtar Donetsk - FC Barcelona

2nd leg - Wednesday 13 April 2011
Tottenham Hotspur FC - Real Madrid CF