0 (0%)
Tottenham
0 (0%)
Shakhtar Donetsk
0 (0%)
Valencia
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: UEFA Champions League Thread  (Read 297876 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Champions League Thread (Bayern Munich v Real Madrid).
« Reply #1200 on: April 24, 2012, 06:14:03 PM »
Real Please don't pull a barca tomorrow
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Champions League Thread (Chelsea v Barcelona).
« Reply #1201 on: April 24, 2012, 07:34:21 PM »
This game remind me of the Portugal - Greece Euro final. One team have the ball and can't get through the wall of players.
The 1st leg was backs and Drogba, this leg is just backs.

The concentration required is incredible. Barca just playing it around waiting for the mistake, or the one defender to fall asleep.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 2012 Champions League Thread (Chelsea v Barcelona).
« Reply #1202 on: April 24, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »
This game remind me of the Portugal - Greece Euro final. One team have the ball and can't get through the wall of players.

The concentration required is incredible. Barca just playing it around waiting for the mistake, or the one defender to fall asleep.

That mistake happened on the penalty call. Chelsea play a defensively sound game. To me barca needed to take shots, they seemed clueless, as though they didn't know any other way to play which is bad.
Youtube Channel

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 24, 2012, 07:58:23 PM »

That mistake happened on the penalty call. Chelsea play a defensively sound game. To me barca needed to take shots, they seemed clueless, as though they didn't know any other way to play which is bad.
        You can't say that about Barca,that's the best team is the world with the best player in the world  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 24, 2012, 08:00:59 PM »

They don't have the personnel to play any other way. Throwing crosses in vs 10 men in the box is as good as giving it away if you have nobody who could trouble the defense. And long range shooting (and there was more of it than normal for barca) needed someone who could produce that kinda result. Who was the last person in a barca shirt with a deadly long-range shot? Ronaldinho?

I also think Barca cause their own problems by crowding the area giving themselves no space to work.

A good indication of the discipline in defense was that there were no real free kick opportunities. With the exception of the penalty, no threatening dead-ball situations.

Barca clearly need a big body who could rumble with the fellas in the opponents area. I wonder if Kenwyne Jones could habla espanol?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:02:44 PM by Bitter »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 24, 2012, 08:32:42 PM »
Did I not say that it would be a Bayern - Chelsea final. Chelsea played heart and soul and that is what football is all about. Although I am a Chelsea /  Barca fan , I am one for the underdogs. Hopefully Torres will gain his confidence from this goal. When Messi missed the penalty I said the football gods are at work.

Mash yuh brakes with that Bayern - Chelsea final talk.
Well I for sure did say it and I even said that the only team ah fraid was Bayern so I go mash gas. With all de yellow cards ah dont know how we go pull it off but it have men to play is just where to make dem play. 
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 24, 2012, 08:55:03 PM »
Just for you Disgruntled....

<a href="http://www.footytube.com/v/MTE1MzYy" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.footytube.com/v/MTE1MzYy</a>

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 24, 2012, 10:48:48 PM »
83% possession and they lose to Chelsea. 72% possession and they lose to Real. David Villa had 12 goals in 26 games before he went down with injury. They keep relying on Messi to score all the time and now he is human for this week. They need another out and out striker. This is a Club dat does pelt way men like Et'o and Ibrahimovich without batting an eye lid.  Ah hope dey come down to earth now. At de same time, dat kinda dull football dat Real, Chelsea & AC Milan put down by playing so deep and stacking up defensively and being physical is de same damn thing dem Europeans does complain about when dey playing against lesser known countries in de World Cup. Is actually funny to see some of the best soccer brains in Europe using the same tactics and not putting their usual stamp on de game as they normally do offensively for fear of making mistakes and being punished by Barca. Jes an observation. Real smelling de Trophy now but dem Germans eh going down so easy. Dey going an play dull football too so dat dey could play at home in de Final. Dis game go be good too.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 24, 2012, 11:33:32 PM »
Great game and unbelievable result.  I woulda never in a million years seen this coming so congrats to both my teams for putting on a show.  The only sad part at this point is that Chelsea going in to the final with a LOT.....a LOT of players missing to to injuries and boneheaded-ness.  I still don't know what Ramires get a yellow card for but he will most definitely be missed.  There is still hope that Cahill and Luiz can get fit in time for the final because if is RM we facing.....dat go be worries! Hard luck, Barca, it just wasn't in the cards.  Cannot say enough about the performances that shithong, Petr Cech, put in over the two legs.  He was absolutely brilliant. 

Barca keeper is ah Clown, he eh no goalkeeper to have. I find he rel naive. That goal with Torres I drop kicking Torres in he chest. He pulling he hand away so as not to bring Torres down, did he not just saw Messi missed a PK. What a noob.

I totally agree with you Elan i was thinking the same thing. I guess he aint a team player and the sad thing is he is the teams worst player. Man was thinking ill miss the final and not considering that if torres score there will be no final.

Your criticisms would be fair if there were more time on the clock and if Barca were only up 1-0 or 2-0 at that point.  If Valdes woulda fouled, conceded a penalty, had himself sent off for Pinto, have Pinto save the penalty.....chelsea were still going through at that point and the likelihood of Barca scoring at that point is no guarantee, so how is he at fault for anything there?  I doh understand how man could pointedly bypass calling John Terry a noob to come and call Valdes a noob under them circumstances.  That just not makin' any sense.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 25, 2012, 12:05:58 AM »
Great game and unbelievable result.  I woulda never in a million years seen this coming so congrats to both my teams for putting on a show.  The only sad part at this point is that Chelsea going in to the final with a LOT.....a LOT of players missing to to injuries and boneheaded-ness.  I still don't know what Ramires get a yellow card for but he will most definitely be missed.  There is still hope that Cahill and Luiz can get fit in time for the final because if is RM we facing.....dat go be worries! Hard luck, Barca, it just wasn't in the cards.  Cannot say enough about the performances that shithong, Petr Cech, put in over the two legs.  He was absolutely brilliant. 

Barca keeper is ah Clown, he eh no goalkeeper to have. I find he rel naive. That goal with Torres I drop kicking Torres in he chest. He pulling he hand away so as not to bring Torres down, did he not just saw Messi missed a PK. What a noob.

I totally agree with you Elan i was thinking the same thing. I guess he aint a team player and the sad thing is he is the teams worst player. Man was thinking ill miss the final and not considering that if torres score there will be no final.

Your criticisms would be fair if there were more time on the clock and if Barca were only up 1-0 or 2-0 at that point.  If Valdes woulda fouled, conceded a penalty, had himself sent off for Pinto, have Pinto save the penalty.....chelsea were still going through at that point and the likelihood of Barca scoring at that point is no guarantee, so how is he at fault for anything there?  I doh understand how man could pointedly bypass calling John Terry a noob to come and call Valdes a noob under them circumstances.  That just not makin' any sense.   

It woulda been an outfield player in goal, Barca already made 3 subs.
They woulda loved to see Puyol suit up. :laugh:

Edit: I woulda loved.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:01:07 AM by Peong »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 25, 2012, 12:28:14 AM »
I've watched that Torres goal at least 25 time now, still gettin goosebumps  ;D

De funny ting is dat Torres played $hit last night, defensively he was getting mashup and de only reason he scored is cuz he was out of position lol. incredible night  :beermug:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 25, 2012, 12:31:24 AM »

It woulda been an outfield player in goal, Barca already made 3 subs.
They woulda loved to see Puyol suit up. :laugh:

tanx fuh d correction. Puyol mad enough to be d one to suit up!  :D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 25, 2012, 05:06:03 AM »
I watched the replay last night cuz I didn't see the first half live and wanted to take een the drama again from the start.  That was a game!!!.....oh lawd!!  THAT is why I love football!!......Messi hit the post twice, throw way ah penalty, Barca up by 2 goals and looking to breeze een de final, Captain fantastic get sent off, things looking bad for Chelsea at that point, Torres of all people on de field for 15 mins and score, Messi on de field for 180+ and didn't.....

Lawd ah love football!!!!..... :drool: :drool:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 25, 2012, 06:10:03 AM »
Chelsea should be congratulated. Well done!

Personally I don't like that type of football, especially when one has one
of the most expensive squads assembled. All said I guess the end justify the means.

No need for over analysis, Barca did not finish their chances. It has been the same for the last
three games.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 25, 2012, 06:23:22 AM »
Bayern or Real will cure my pain..
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: April 25, 2012, 06:43:50 AM »
of the most expensive squads assembled. All said I guess the end justify the means.

Bora Milutinović woulda be proud of that game plan and execution.
Even though I don't like the clog-ball, I would show a tape of that game to any team I was coaching for them to understand what you could do when you follow the game plan and maintain discipline and concentration.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: April 25, 2012, 07:02:54 AM »

No need for over analysis, Barca did not finish their chances. It has been the same for the last
three games.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, yuh spot on with all your comments...so i look forward to a 'great' final of 'backs and forwards' sigh:(

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: April 25, 2012, 07:23:24 AM »
Real smelling de Trophy now but dem Germans eh going down so easy. Dey going an play dull football too so dat dey could play at home in de Final. Dis game go be good too.

Good too?  This game will be better than the Barca game! (in pure footballing terms).... Bayern will not play dull I doh think - it not in their DNA - too many ballers in that side and their manager is a football purist - not a Mourinho/Di Matteo type... They might be a little more conservative as they have a lead and they on the road, but I expect them to still come out and play football and of course Madrid will too because we need to win.  The first leg was a great match and this one might be even better.  Can't wait. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:29:56 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: April 25, 2012, 08:37:30 AM »
Mourinho laid the blueprint for beating Barca some years ago, teams very well know what they need to do to beat them.
Thing is, only a handful of teams have the quality to carry out that plan - Chelsea & Madrid. Man Utd, Milan, Bayern also maybe, but it not in their nature to play so defensive, that why Man Utd get wash up in them 2 finals. Same goes for when Arsenal play Barca.

This whole philosophy to neutralise Barca is the same thing teams did in the WC vs Spain, look at how all them games went, almost like last night, and Spain won most games 1-0 en route to the final. Anytime you have decent players who pack in defense, its gonna be very hard for anyone to break them down. It is clear that vs Barca, you do not play with a high line. And they have to accept it that their tactics need more variety, as more and more teams will get the discipline to do what Madrid, Chelsea and Inter 2 years ago did.
The 2 goals Barca scored last nite were when Chelsea were forward and retreating. Once their backs were to the goal and set defensively, it was a different story.

I feel Spain will get some some serious stress in the Euros, as teams like Holland, Germany and lesser extent Italy have the quality to neutralise them.
What these teams doing vs Barca is what Beenhakker drilled into us when we played superior opponents in the WC.
I hope Guardiola leave Barca, take on a new challenge, cause he has won everything there is to win with them.
Over this season, they have shown a lack of freshness, they miss Villa bad, polus they just took a dip in form at the crucial time. And after all them excuses, they shlda still won this series very comfortably with the chances they created...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: April 25, 2012, 08:43:46 AM »
Mourinho laid the blueprint for beating Barca some years ago, teams very well know what they need to do to beat them.
Thing is, only a handful of teams have the quality to carry out that plan - Chelsea & Madrid. Man Utd, Milan, Bayern also maybe, but it not in their nature to play so defensive, that why Man Utd get wash up in them 2 finals. Same goes for when Arsenal play Barca.

UTD disappoint me last 2 finals , they did it in the semis back in 09 and it worked.
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: April 25, 2012, 08:49:55 AM »
Madridismo!!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/scglu7Nmcus" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/scglu7Nmcus</a>
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: April 25, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
Like both teams.
Will prefer a Madrid - Chelsea final to see Madrid demolish the Blues, but I feel Bayern have a good chance today because of one main reason - MANUEL NEUER . Best keeper in the world.
But whoever win today I feel winning the competition.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: April 25, 2012, 10:05:16 AM »

Oook......   ???   :-\   Did you follow the game?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 25, 2012, 10:06:26 AM »

three games.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, yuh spot on with all your comments...so i look forward to a 'great' final of 'backs and forwards' sigh:(

YOu could cry boy, why did you all not beat Barca....stueps.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1224 on: April 25, 2012, 10:15:08 AM »
Barca is a one dimensional team. The bitches aint even change they style of attack even though it clearly was not working

This is from the “No Plan B” school of thought that everybody does run to when a successful team lose. Barcelona’s play was good enough to create multiple chances in both games. Messi miss a penalty for Godsake, yuh can’t get more clear then that.

The only plan that fall through for Barcelona is their small suqad strategy. Good for getting team with 11 men playing telepathically every week, not so good for keeping quality back-up strikers happy and integrated in the squad.

With Villa fit or a decent back-up central striker in the mix Barcelona this is a different tie. All credit to Chelsea, deserved win and injuries is part of the game that teams must anticpate, but the idea that Barcelona style was somehow deficient is a stretch.

We have seen teams play with 10 men behind the ball countless times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. It is does not equate tactical mastery over Barclona.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:32:23 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: April 25, 2012, 10:16:50 AM »
Barca only have plan A .....and in football u need a plan b or c sometimes ......in the end they were play with six in d middle ...messi, xavi,inesta,puyol and busquets...... No focal point how they miss a real frontman.... Pep out-coached two games in a row

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 25, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
Eva had a nice game. :) coming off d bench. Grins
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 25, 2012, 10:36:38 AM »
Like both teams.
Will prefer a Madrid - Chelsea final to see Madrid demolish the Blues, but I feel Bayern have a good chance today because of one main reason - MANUEL NEUER . Best keeper in the world.
But whoever win today I feel winning the competition.

*cough*

San Iker!!!!

Take yuh time.  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 25, 2012, 10:39:56 AM »
Barca only have plan A .....and in football u need a plan b or c sometimes ......in the end they were play with six in d middle ...messi, xavi,inesta,puyol and busquets...... No focal point how they miss a real frontman.... Pep out-coached two games in a row

Barcelona never needed a Plan B or C before.

At times during the game I wondered why Alves didnt try to take on his man and go to the by-line to upset the formation of the Chelsea defence.

It was just a predictable collect, fake and then pass back to the men on top the box. They couldve also tried shooting from on top the box alot more with the space that was given. A deflection could go anywhere and upset the defensive formation when a man have to throw his frame to intercept or try to recover a loose ball. In fact i think thats kinda how their 2nd goal came about.

I was also upset when Torres came on for Drogba because it upset the formation and Chelsea almost paid immediately from the offside goal when Torres was out of position. Drogba was doing an excellent defensive job before that but i guessing he was roast.

Nobody mentioned that just before that Drogba also escape a 2nd yellow for a deliberate hands in the midfield that was completely missed by the referee.

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 25, 2012, 10:40:22 AM »
I feeling a score draw ....main reason being robben like nothing more than goin back somewhere to show of what he is about ....watch out for d robben show today

1]; } ?>