0 (0%)
Tottenham
0 (0%)
Shakhtar Donetsk
0 (0%)
Valencia
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: UEFA Champions League Thread  (Read 300422 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League
« Reply #1590 on: September 20, 2012, 10:18:26 AM »
I didnt watch Italian football much last year but last night I was astonished that Juve is the best Serie A has to offer. They were shite. I cah believe we let them come back from 2 goals down....if Mata had started, or come on earlier, we would have given dat side a serious blowout. There is no way that Juve side would have even qualified for Europe if they were playing in the Premiership.

But last year Chelsea was the best the PL had to offer...you cah talk at all.

Always ready with some imps talk, Chelsea was the best in EUROPE!!!  In the league we were mediocre.  Saying chelsea was the best in the Prem last year is just bullshit that design to allow yuh to bump yuh gum daz all.  Your super great side and all the others flopped!  People could say fluke, luck or whatever bullshit, the reality is Chelsea win and except for Barca and Inter fans, none ah allyuh teams eh been winnin one f**k!

As fuh Juve, dem was lucky to ketch we when Mikel was playing under par because any other day they get blaze.  Juve as they are currently playing is ah shit side.  And doh geh tie up I does watch Serie A so me eh wah hear no asshole talk bout who does watch what neither

::)
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: September 20, 2012, 10:20:49 AM »
Chelsea is Shite too, doh fool yuhself...

i doh understand him...chelsea flukes their way CL title and even this season they aint impressive imo...style changed notably but they aint impressive..is that the best hundreds of millions have to offer?

Just because they spend money on some midget talent in midfield he feel dey reach. Chelsea's continued reliance on Terry and Lampard will have dem going no where. Plus they still have one forward, one winger, a million midfielders and a weak defense.

I under no illusion Chelsea not solid dis year, torres is not the future, we need somebody more dynamic at d top...at d very least dey should consider Torres as lost money, park him on d bench and give moses and sturridge extended runs together... I saw someting useful there against QPR, they should try and develop it............was never impressed by the torres buy........even wit d "new" style of play we should try to find a new battering ram for when we cant pick d locks.....still doh fancy pushing fulltime tikki takka or whatever this is
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: September 20, 2012, 10:21:34 AM »
Ent! As they say Monkey can't see their own tail. Like dem still bazodee from the cut ass Atletico give dem.

I personally thought Juve did well to go to Stamford Bridge and earn a point, especially going down two goals after 40 mins.  Outside of Oscar (and the opening 5 mins) Chelsea eh do shit.  Torres did a great job looking disinterested and the only steady threats came from Oscar, and to a lesser extent Hazard.  Cech was also very good in both his shot stopping and command of the box... but other than that can't really think of anybody who impressed in a blue shirt.  Conversely, I thought Asamoah, Marchisio and Quagliarella was boss for Juve... also liked the shift put in by the German on the right wing (RB?).  Chelsea had their moments but I thought Juve bossed the middle and if not for some timely interventions by Cech Juve woulda win... the one play where Ivanovic tried to play the trap and get caught comes to mind and there was at least one other.  I dunno what game Ryan was watching to call Juve 'shite'.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: September 20, 2012, 10:21:49 AM »
yuh could roll dem from now til next year when allyuh go be singin is allyuh year again caw allyuh eh winnin nutten dis year yet again ;D

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: September 20, 2012, 10:42:24 AM »
Ryan boy....sometimes ah think yuh does jes be fillin' een dat giddy void dat Small Mag does leave behind when manu not on top dey game....I really didn't watch too much Italian football either and I would be the first to admit I doh like Juve ah-TALL...but I would really never go as far as to call dat side a shite side (and really believe what ah sayin').......unless yuh was REALLY jes' on kicks and I misread yuh. I know a lot of us does really feel that the BPL is the best thing since man invented the wheel but please don't let it be news to you that the rivalries between all them teams in all them other leagues around Europe (and the world) are just as intense and "hate"-filled and competitive and combative as anything the Premiership has to offer....and Juventus survived a whole season last year without defeat.  Yes, we know we had our feet on their necks early on in the game, but considering how OUR Chelsea does play....that was no comfort for me....and I would really wait and see how we play in Turin and how the group plays out to the end before letting the crowing start.  No scene eh, bredda, I jes sayin'.....

*ah did forget to remind yuh though....ah hope yuh see what I was talking about as far as men "taking their shots when they have them" is concerned....Lampard could re-establish some of his old value by taking a page outta some ah dem men books from Match Days 1 & 2.*
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:52:51 AM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: September 20, 2012, 11:01:49 AM »
Let common sense reign. Juve is a good side and they have a really good defence with men having the ability to read the game well. Mikel had a bad day and the midfield was not feeding Torres who was isolated. I still think we are playing too slow and need to up the tempo. The coach needs to get his starting line up right but I guess it is early season.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: September 20, 2012, 11:31:03 AM »
Let common sense reign. Juve is a good side and they have a really good defence with men having the ability to read the game well. Mikel had a bad day and the midfield was not feeding Torres who was isolated. I still think we are playing too slow and need to up the tempo. The coach needs to get his starting line up right but I guess it is early season.

I am willing to bet that RDM is constantly going through a selection nightmare with men like Lampard figuring to be (most times) a mandatory inclusion and Abramovic on the prowl.  I don't envy him and I can only wonder if there are any of his peers that do...The team (including players out on loan) is now flooded with midfielders.  Young ones, old ones, artful and mechanical ones.....and STILL no wingers to talk about. The transformation they are trying to bring about maybe won't come about as quickly as some may like.
That equalizer yesterday was a killer.  From Mikel, to Terry, to (a lesser  extent) Cech, they all could have done better.   

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: September 20, 2012, 11:55:31 AM »

Champions of Europe son, doh fool yuhself  ;)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: September 20, 2012, 11:59:05 AM »
I didnt watch Italian football much last year but last night I was astonished that Juve is the best Serie A has to offer. They were shite. I cah believe we let them come back from 2 goals down....if Mata had started, or come on earlier, we would have given dat side a serious blowout. There is no way that Juve side would have even qualified for Europe if they were playing in the Premiership.

well thats it..you didnt watch much italian football last year...the way we have started the season, even in pre-season juve fans will tell u its in stark contrast to last year..something is not clicking..players uncharacteristically making unforced errors, bad passes and we lack the intensity we had last season...we aint find our rhythm that we had...we will still manage to get results because we know how to grind out results and we literally never say die..

the juve have last year would have brought down the bridge i could bet all the money in mih unit trust account on that..

Well, the way you say they started is exactly what I saw last night, so that clears up some of my confusion  :beermug:

Cuz I eh lying, they were very, very average yesterday

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: September 20, 2012, 12:01:16 PM »

Stueps , Athletico didn't get the message  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: September 20, 2012, 12:02:03 PM »

well thats it..you didnt watch much italian football last year...the way we have started the season, even in pre-season juve fans will tell u its in stark contrast to last year..something is not clicking..players uncharacteristically making unforced errors, bad passes and we lack the intensity we had last season...we aint find our rhythm that we had...we will still manage to get results because we know how to grind out results and we literally never say die..

the juve have last year would have brought down the bridge i could bet all the money in mih unit trust account on that..

Well, the way you say they started is exactly what I saw last night, so that clears up some of my confusion  :beermug:

Cuz I eh lying, they were very, very average yesterday

And they still hold allyuh 2-2 at home, so what that make Chelsea?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: September 20, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »

I am willing to bet that RDM is constantly going through a selection nightmare with men like Lampard figuring to be (most times) a mandatory inclusion and Abramovic on the prowl.  I don't envy him and I can only wonder if there are any of his peers that do...The team (including players out on loan) is now flooded with midfielders.  Young ones, old ones, artful and mechanical ones.....and STILL no wingers to talk about. The transformation they are trying to bring about maybe won't come about as quickly as some may like.
That equalizer yesterday was a killer.  From Mikel, to Terry, to (a lesser  extent) Cech, they all could have done better.   

Big goal, dat!!! Clinical - albeit somewhat "lucky" - to nutmeg 'Keep.

I caught the game mid-stream and found merit in Chelsea's movement of the ball in the middle of the park ... but as ah was being seduced, I thought about about the relatively disproportionate lack of production in the final third.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: September 20, 2012, 12:19:46 PM »
Ent! As they say Monkey can't see their own tail. Like dem still bazodee from the cut ass Atletico give dem.

I personally thought Juve did well to go to Stamford Bridge and earn a point, especially going down two goals after 40 mins.  Outside of Oscar (and the opening 5 mins) Chelsea eh do shit.  Torres did a great job looking disinterested and the only steady threats came from Oscar, and to a lesser extent Hazard.  Cech was also very good in both his shot stopping and command of the box... but other than that can't really think of anybody who impressed in a blue shirt.  Conversely, I thought Asamoah, Marchisio and Quagliarella was boss for Juve... also liked the shift put in by the German on the right wing (RB?).  Chelsea had their moments but I thought Juve bossed the middle and if not for some timely interventions by Cech Juve woulda win... the one play where Ivanovic tried to play the trap and get caught comes to mind and there was at least one other.  I dunno what game Ryan was watching to call Juve 'shite'.

I agree that Chelsea were mediocre. Our build up play was decent but our threat inside the box was limited since Torres simply didn't provide the attacking threat a centre forward should. No shots on goal - his mental issues are the same as last season. I thought Oscar was encouraging but he is not in Mata or Hazard's class yet.  We suffered from not having Mata on the pitch, had he started instead of Oscar we would have rinsed out that Juve side.

To me, Juve seriously lacked pace and quality - constantly giving away the ball and missing easy passes. Pirlo was useless. His role was clearly to trail the attack and orchestrate it from afar but noone ever passed the ball to him and he never really went looking for it. Marchiso and Vidal were decent but for me that was it. I expected a lot better from the champions of Italy. Of all the big European sides I have seen at Stamford Bridge in recent years - Inter, Barca, Valencia, Porto, Marseille etc - that was easily the weakest. Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:21:44 PM by Ryan »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: September 20, 2012, 12:24:05 PM »

Atletico aren't Champions of Europe  :beermug:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: September 20, 2012, 12:34:45 PM »
Whatever Ryan, enjoy the ride lol.

Just noticed fsc and Espn carrying europa league games
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: September 20, 2012, 12:35:01 PM »

But more deserving of the title...too bad the Spanish league is so competitive they couldn't qualify for the Champions League.  ;)
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: September 20, 2012, 12:46:14 PM »

But more deserving of the title...too bad the Spanish league is so competitive they couldn't qualify for the Champions League.  ;)

Yep, they deserved to win the Super Cup. But us Chelsea fans accept no imitations  :beermug:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:49:40 PM by Ryan »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: September 20, 2012, 12:49:20 PM »
Then why are the fans of Chelsea?  ???
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: September 20, 2012, 01:00:27 PM »
I agree that Chelsea were mediocre. Our build up play was decent but our threat inside the box was limited since Torres simply didn't provide the attacking threat a centre forward should. No shots on goal - his mental issues are the same as last season. I thought Oscar was encouraging but he is not in Mata or Hazard's class yet.  We suffered from not having Mata on the pitch, had he started instead of Oscar we would have rinsed out that Juve side.

To me, Juve seriously lacked pace and quality - constantly giving away the ball and missing easy passes. Pirlo was useless. His role was clearly to trail the attack and orchestrate it from afar but noone ever passed the ball to him and he never really went looking for it. Marchiso and Vidal were decent but for me that was it. I expected a lot better from the champions of Italy. Of all the big European sides I have seen at Stamford Bridge in recent years - Inter, Barca, Valencia, Porto, Marseille etc - that was easily the weakest. Just my opinion.

Vidal is another one who I thought played very well... Pirlo seemed a shell of his former self.  There was one play where he collected the ball deep, shield Mikel like he on the playground... without so much as even looking at him, then lay off a pass.  I start to say to mihself "Pirlo is still ah boss"... not a good two mins later he give the ball away, fuhget who intercept (Hazard?), but he made the pass to Oscar for his turn and golazo.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: September 20, 2012, 01:53:37 PM »
Then why are the fans of Chelsea?  ???

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: September 20, 2012, 04:40:06 PM »

not a german, a swiss..asamoah is not a LWB or LW but they playing him there because we didnt get a proper LWB and he willing to sacrifice...he's a beast but yesterday wasnt one of his best games..

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: September 20, 2012, 04:45:59 PM »

Vidal is another one who I thought played very well... Pirlo seemed a shell of his former self.  There was one play where he collected the ball deep, shield Mikel like he on the playground... without so much as even looking at him, then lay off a pass.  I start to say to mihself "Pirlo is still ah boss"... not a good two mins later he give the ball away, fuhget who intercept (Hazard?), but he made the pass to Oscar for his turn and golazo.

i blame our management. pirlo has been playing full 90s since last september including euros...he needs a break..thats when i think pogba will be given his chance..d yute strong..passing range exceptional venom in his shots..strong tackler..and confident...he can more than deputise for pirlo and to me a less of a liability in the defensive phase than pirlo...

had we played isla instead of lichsteiner u would have seen a different game as isla is more dynamic and can beat his man and full of pace..but he aint too long coming off a serious injury..

vidal is a boss and will be a legend at this club along with marchisio. we didnt reject a 60mil bid for the two from bayern for nothing!

giggsy11

« Reply #1612 on: September 20, 2012, 06:48:42 PM »

Very interesting point of view regarding Jose not being a tactician. I think the writer makes some interesting points.

Mourinho playing a dangerous game

September 19, 2012

By Dermot Corrigan, Spain Correspondent Soccernet

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho had his first answer ready when he sat down in the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu press room about half an hour after the final whistle of Wednesday night's thrilling 3-2 Champions League Group D win over Manchester City.
The opening question came from an English journalist and was, predictably, about how the Madrid coach had felt as he slid across the Bernabeu grass on his knees to celebrate Cristiano Ronaldo's 90th-minute winner.

"Running through my brain was the sight of computer screens and everything that was ready to be published being deleted and journalists having to write again," Mourinho said. "But the celebration does not matter - what matters is the match, the way people that love football around the world enjoyed it for sure."

Once he had got his initial jab at his critics in the Spanish media out of the way, the press conference went on as normal. Mourinho praised his players for "fighting like animals until the last minute" and having the character and ambition not only to come back twice but to then also keep going for the win after equalising with time running out.

That was all fair enough - these factors had been key to Madrid winning the game. And Mourinho, as a coach, is maybe the best around at instilling this type of mentality into individual players, and especially into teams. At Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan and now Real, he has shown he is an excellent motivator and team-builder, an astute selector of players, perhaps, and a masterly controller of dressing rooms, definitely.

But nobody in Madrid (except a very few with axes to grind) claim Mourinho does not have all these very useful coaching qualities. What he is more often accused of is a lack of tactical acumen. This is a big issue in Spain, particularly at the moment, given how many see that a particularly innate Spanish (and/or Catalan) genius has invented a new tactical way of playing which is just better than any other way of winning football matches. And it looks as though this slight actually does hurt the self-proclaimed 'Special One'/'Only One'.

Back in his Chelsea days, some in England viewed Mourinho as an innovative thinker on the game, but there was little subtlety to his Premier League-winning teams. They played fast, aggressive, physical and successful, football; they were excellent at overpowering teams and either smashed them to pieces or ground out results.

Mourinho's most famous 'tactical' move from that era was the half-time treble substitution which involved removing a full-back when Chelsea were losing to a smaller team. If that didn't work, there was the trick of throwing on teenage defender Robert Huth as an emergency centre-forward. Even Huth's current boss at Stoke, Tony Pulis, does not see that as a tactical innovation worth copying.

Mourinho's reputation as a tactician is most often based on the 2009-10 Champions League semi-final, when his ten-man Inter team held on to defeat Barcelona 3-2 on aggregate with an outstanding defensive display in the Camp Nou second leg after midfielder Thiago Motta had been sent off in the first half hour.

The most important tactical move in that tie, however, came in the first game at the San Siro, when Inter went for Barca's suspect defence and Wesley Sneijder pulled them apart.

The Serie A side's rearguard action in the second leg was less planned (obviously, as they didn't know they'd be down to ten men). It also relied on some very poor Barca finishing and especially a refereeing error when Bojan's injury-time strike, which would have sent the Catalans through on away goals, was harshly ruled out for a Yaya Toure handball.

At Madrid, although there has been plenty of success and records broken, there has been even less evidence of tactical genius. Following his team's 5-0 thrashing at the Camp Nou in November 2010, Mourinho cooked up a number of different schemes to try to undo Josep Guardiola's Barcelona, but for over a year the most effective were the ugly ones which involved physically intimidating Barca with Pepe in a midfield destroyer role.

None of these really worked (Copa del Rey final aside) until midway through last season, when Madrid's players finally got their way and were allowed to go at the Barca defence and prove they could take them on man for man.

Mourinho's tactical genius is rarely seen against other La Liga sides. Last season's Real were, unusually for such an expensive collection of players at a big club, a counter-attacking team. They almost always overcame Spanish rivals through their fitness, commitment, spirit and, most of all, individual talent. Not just Guardiola, but also Unai Emery of Valencia, Marcelo Bielsa of Athletic, Marcelo Pellegrini of Malaga and even Jose Ramon Sandoval at Rayo Vallecano out-thought Mourinho in games, but Madrid were able to see off all their teams through an Iker Casillas save, a Sergio Ramos tackle, a Xabi Alonso pass, a Mesut Ozil assist or, most often, a Cristiano Ronaldo goal.

Madrid often had to come from behind in games, and their players often seemed to remove tactics completely and turn matches into an attacking showdown which Ronaldo and co almost always won.
The one occasion on which they were really unable to do this was the Champions League semi-final, when Bayern Munich's better organisation and game intelligence helped them through to a penalty shoot-out victory.

This season, those individual elements are not working as well (in La Liga), with the players below their physical and mental top levels, and Madrid as a team have struggled badly.
Against Getafe last month, Mourinho sent on three attacking substitutes and finished the game with five forwards on the pitch, but it was Luis Garcia's decision to bring on the previously little-used Adrian Colunga to run at Raul Albiol which won the game for his side.

During the 1-0 defeat at Sevilla last weekend, Mourinho also changed things during the game, but to little effect, ending with midfielder Sami Khedira at right-back, even though the player himself has since admitted he had never played there before.

This is not to say that Mourinho is not brilliant at what he does - just that he is no master tactician. Compared to Bielsa, Emery, Guardiola, Pellegrino, and now Tito Vilanova, he is neither a deep thinker on the game nor a designer of particularly inventive schemes or systems. That does not have to matter - there are many ways to win in football. But it still seems he would like to be. Towards the end of his press conference on Wednesday night, he shared his description of how the game had gone.

"In the first half they were very defensive, they could play with one striker in (Carlos) Tevez and three in the midfield, but in the second half they scored and the game was more open," he said. "I started with (Michael) Essien and Khedira to the left and right of Alonso in midfield and ended with (Luka) Modric and Ozil. It was a very good match for the crowd, but also for the people who understand football deeply, as the game was rich."

The game was indeed "rich" - but in incident, not tactical genius. If anyone won the battle of coaching minds, it was City's Roberto Mancini, whose midfield slowly took control of the game. This was especially so after Mourinho withdrew Essien (at 0-0) and Toure was free to set up the opening goal and generally dominate the proceedings, at least until he tired towards the end and (as the Italian lamented in his press conference) City began to sit deep and invite Madrid closer to goal, where their talented individuals could finally make a difference.

Mourinho's initial selection or changes did not win the game for his team, they almost lost it. It was some individual brilliance from Benzema and Ronaldo (and some dodgy goalkeeping on both goals from England's No.1 Joe Hart) that saw his team turn it around. His claim that those who "understand football deeply" would see how he had decided the game just does not hold up.

Nor does his answer to Wednesday night's final question, when he decided to gloat at the journalists who had been forced to quickly revise their match reports as the game turned in the closing stages.
"I know what you were going to say," he said. "He is crazy playing Varane (instead of Ramos) and leaving out all his creative players. (Gonzalo) Higuain does not score in the Champions League. Coentrao is fresher than Marcelo. I know all that was prepared." Then, already on his feet and turning from the desk: "Bad luck."

This overlooked the fact that Ramos was missed as Madrid conceded two preventable goals, and that Higuain had again squandered at least two simple chances at 0-0. There was no time for those present to put these points to Mourinho, but they could at least console themselves with the knowledge that, generally speaking, they were not suffering at all from "bad luck".

On the contrary, having a personality as compelling and colourful as Mourinho managing one of the world's top clubs is good luck for everyone involved in football, and especially journalists. This Madrid team must be one of the most entertaining sides to watch, and cover, that the game has ever seen. But the coach is no tactical genius, however much he'd like to be.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA Champions League 2012/2013
« Reply #1613 on: September 25, 2012, 03:50:35 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yeZuEmnNh6M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yeZuEmnNh6M</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

giggsy11

« Reply #1614 on: September 25, 2012, 05:30:30 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yeZuEmnNh6M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yeZuEmnNh6M</a>

Because Dwight played for and was succesful with United, he will always have a job talking about dem. He sounded composed and articulate. He sounded more English than Shaka. I wonder why he always wearing silver or grey on tv? Somebody tell him it will make him pop on tv with his complexion?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: September 28, 2012, 07:41:41 AM »
Last year Real draw Lyon, Ajax and Zagreb. No disrespect but Ajax are not what they were for years now and Lyon & Zagreb were easy pickings.

Real only have to worry about City. Ajax would be easy pickings and Dortmund could be tricky, but should not be any trouble, they finished last in the Arsenal group last year.
Dortmund topping that group

Only if you turn the papers upside down ;D

I wouldn't sleep on Dortmund.  They didn't have a good showing in Europe last year, but they are a tough opponent -especially on their home turf... They destroyed Bayern going and coming last season in Germany... They can def take points off people . 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: October 02, 2012, 05:34:25 PM »
Sucks to be him  :'( Dislocated Elbow

Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: October 02, 2012, 05:41:17 PM »
He'll be fine... the elbow is deceptively easy to hyperextend.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: October 02, 2012, 06:37:44 PM »

That depends on a lot of factors. I don't think that was a hyperextension from the pics. Looks like a break and dislocation.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 02, 2012, 06:42:02 PM »

That depends on a lot of factors. I don't think that was a hyperextension from the pics. Looks like a break and dislocation.

Nah, hyperextension... bend it back more than it should.  Dislocation is a more severe hyperextension, so that might be more accurate.  The elbow is a joint though, it can't break  ;D
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:47:43 PM by Bakes »

1]; } ?>