0 (0%)
Tottenham
0 (0%)
Shakhtar Donetsk
0 (0%)
Valencia
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: UEFA Champions League Thread  (Read 297871 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: UEFA Champions League 2012/2013
« Reply #2190 on: May 24, 2013, 11:35:55 PM »
Gus Johnson’s Crash Course
By SAM BORDEN (New York Times)

LONDON — Just after noon Thursday, Gus Johnson walked into the Back Room, an English tavern on Old Park Lane here. He sat at a table by the window beneath framed newspaper pages and old album posters, and began rummaging through his backpack.

He dumped out a pile of markers — blacks, blues, greens and reds — and took out a ruler and a large manila folder. He spread the folder open and drew lines on it, dividing it into two sections. “This is the bible,” he said.

On Saturday, Johnson will do the play-by-play for the Champions League final at Wembley Stadium, the biggest assignment in what he calls his freshman year as a soccer broadcaster for Fox. The two sides of the folder are his “boards.” All sports announcers use some variation of this setup as their chief reference during a game. The boards will be laid out in front of him at the stadium, with information on Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund at his fingertips.

Johnson is a self-admitted soccer novice — “I didn’t know a 4-4-2 from a 747 when I started this,” he said — so creating the boards has become a critical part of his preparation. He began digging through the markers, searching for a few other colors. As he did, he fell into what has become his way to pass the time this week: rattling off the names of the players, drawing out their pronunciations in an attempt to train his tongue.

“Ilya GOON-de-wahn. GOON-de-wahn. GOON-de-wahn,” he said, referring to Ilkay Gündogan, a Dortmund midfielder. He kept going. “Schweinsteiger. Le-van-doski. Subotic. Subotic. Subotic. Schmelzer. Schmelzer. Schmelzer. Santana. That’s easy.”

He hesitated. “PEEZ-check. PEEZ-check. Blaszczykowski. Yup, that’s going to be the tough one,” he said. “That and Grosskreutz.”

As a waiter brought a soda, Johnson said the Dortmund player’s name several more times. “GROSS-kroitz. GROSS-kroitz. GROSS-kroitz,” he said. Finally, he looked around, laughing. “Look at this,” he said. “We got Austrian, Spanish, Swiss, French, Croatian. I’m like James Bond over here.”

Earlier this year, Johnson was viciously criticized on social media after he repeatedly mispronounced Barcelona midfielder Andrés Iniesta’s name in a match (as EE-ya-nesta), and he takes responsibility for the misstep. If anything, it has motivated him to work harder as he readies himself to call a game that is the rough equivalent of soccer’s Super Bowl, if the Super Bowl routinely featured players with multiple Z’s, umlauts and diereses in their names.

He shrugged and cackled. “Could I get a Smith from Detroit? Please?”

Johnson understands the seeming absurdity of the situation; he was a star basketball and football announcer, known for his spasmodic eruptions during CBS’s coverage of the N.C.A.A. men’s basketball tournament. Then he left for Fox and in his second year was thrust into an international sport with a rabid and passionate fan base that was used to hearing a British accent call the action. “I knew I’d get shot before I walked in the door,” he said. “Maybe justifiably.”

He went on: “But it’s like the Jack Kent Cooke quote, ‘Criticism is like walking in the rain — once you’re wet, what’s another drop?’ Plus, all I can worry about is preparing. ...” He trailed off, focusing on the contents of his bag.

He pulled his hand out of the backpack suddenly. “Ha!” he said. “Yellow!”

Johnson pointed to his boards. “I’m doing Dortmund now and I think they’re going to wear the yellow-and-black uniforms, so I want to do this side in the bumblebee,” he said. Then he went quiet for a few minutes as he began to scrawl over the folders.

Still in a Learning Phase

While preparing to broadcast a Southern California-Syracuse football game in 2011, Johnson was visited in the booth by Eric Shanks, the president of Fox Sports. Shanks casually mentioned that Fox was planning to make an aggressive bid to acquire the television rights to the World Cup in 2018 and 2022.

Johnson, unsuspectingly, said, “That’s great, good for us.” But then Shanks asked if Johnson would ever be interested in calling soccer. Johnson looked up.

“I said: ‘Soccer? SOCCER?’ ” he recalled. “I definitely wasn’t expecting it.”

Johnson, understandably, was unsure, especially because global travel would take him away from his 9-year-old son. But Nick Bernstein, a close friend of his since the late 1990s, and others encouraged him to accept the challenge. The network was clearly taking a risk, eschewing a British voice or an established American soccer announcer like J. P. Dellacamera in the hope that Johnson would develop quickly and become its signature voice on soccer.

Johnson recognizes he is still in the learning phase, and he recruited Bernstein, who played soccer at Dartmouth, to be his primary teacher.

“I knew it was going to be hard as soon as he told me what was going on,” Bernstein said. “But I said to him, ‘How do you not go on this journey?’ It’s a chance to see the world. I was honored to come along.”

Bernstein signed a part-time contract with Fox (he said his title was associate producer), and he is essentially Johnson’s right-hand man: tutor, counselor, study guide preparer, fact checker.

They spent much of their first flight to Europe more than a year ago wading through a five-page memo produced by Sky Sports on soccer’s murky offside law. They muddled through the first few broadcasts with Bernstein continually sliding pieces of paper in front of Johnson as prompts. They sat with the famed English broadcaster Martin Tyler last month, watching the Real Madrid-Dortmund second leg semifinal match from a hotel in Barcelona.

That evening, both men said, was important in Johnson’s development. Tyler was gracious in answering Johnson’s questions about calling a game, and Bernstein said he recalled Johnson asking Tyler where he focused his eyes during corner kicks. Tyler said he quickly identified who was taking the kick, but then looked away from the ball and scanned the penalty area, looking particularly for players who might be trying to time a run and sweep in at the near post.

About two weeks later, Wigan won the F.A. Cup final with a stunning 91st-minute goal by midfielder Ben Watson, who sprinted to the near post, met a looping corner kick and headed the ball into the net. Johnson, clearly prepared for the possibility, delivered a dramatic, ecstatic call that met the gravity of the moment. For Johnson, and everyone who has helped him, it was rewarding.

“He’s really impressed me with his retention,” said Jamie Trecker, a senior editor at FoxSoccer.com who has worked with Johnson here and at other game sites. “A lot of people have criticized him because he doesn’t speak with an English accent. He would get a fairer shake if people actually listened to what he was saying.”

A Sense of Isolation

There is an element of loneliness to Johnson’s new job. When he was doing the N.C.A.A. tournament, if he sat in a coffee shop in Louisville or Kansas City, fans would come up to him and shout one of his catchphrases like “Rise and fire!” or “I get buckets!” Johnson loved it.

In Europe, though, he works in relative anonymity. He has been recognized just once, he said — “We were in Manchester and there were some Man United fans who were visiting from America, and they said, ‘Hi, Gus!’ ” — but otherwise he receives little feedback from the public, save for the reviews of his performances, many of which have been scathing and can be found on the Internet. (One Web site, EPLTalk.com, noted that 69 percent of tweets about Johnson’s performance on a Barcelona-Bayern Munich game were negative.)

Like many American journalists and broadcasters, Johnson quickly realized that working conditions in Europe are far different from those in the United States. Climate-controlled press boxes with midfield views are rare; at Camp Nou, Barcelona’s stadium, Johnson and other commentators were essentially on the roof, and a large speaker next to Johnson partly obscured his view.

Ian Darke, a veteran British soccer announcer who calls games for ESPN, said navigating the gantry — essentially a mount for a crane, where broadcasters often work — can be a challenge. “You don’t necessarily know what you’re going to get,” Darke said. “It certainly isn’t the same in every stadium.”

There is also little to no access to players and coaches before or after games in Europe, making it difficult for a newcomer like Johnson to increase his institutional knowledge of the teams he is covering. Before calling an N.F.L. game, even one involving the New England Patriots and their monosyllabic coach, Bill Belichick, Johnson could spend time at practice and talk to people involved in the game, gaining fresh material to use in the broadcast. In European soccer, that notion is laughable. Johnson will call Saturday’s game having spent zero time talking with either team.

“There are no excuses,” Johnson said. “It’s just different. And that’s something I’m figuring out.”

There is a history of American announcers being castigated by American soccer fans, most notably in 2006, when ESPN made Dave O’Brien, a baseball announcer, its lead voice for the World Cup with little time for him to prepare. Not surprisingly, he was flayed for his performance. In recent years, Darke has been the (British-sounding) voice of the United States team for ESPN.

“For me, I think most fans believe that it doesn’t matter whether the announcer came from the U.K. or the U.S.A. or Timbuktu, as long as they’re good,” Darke said. “I don’t know Gus, but I respect what he’s trying to do because it isn’t easy; it’s a 90-minute ad-lib, really. Just think about that.”

Sitting at the Back Room, his boards filling up, Johnson agreed with that description. Soccer is unlike any other sport, he said, because “there are no commercials, no ins and outs, no dumb graphics.” Johnson expects to return to college football in the fall and is likely to do college basketball for Fox, too, since the network will broadcast the Big East next season.

But soccer remains his primary focus. Fox has been supportive in this early stage, Johnson said, and there will be more Champions League next season, and the F.A. Cup, too. Fox also broadcasts the Gold Cup and the Women’s World Cup in 2015, and the 2018 World Cup is not so far off.

It is a lot for any broadcaster to consider, let alone one who, for the moment, just wants to say Grosskreutz correctly as he brushes his teeth each morning.

“You can’t hide in soccer,” he said. “For 90 minutes you just get to broadcast the game with hardly any break built in.”

Johnson turned back to his boards.

“It’s nice,” he said. “Nice, and scary.”

giggsy11

« Reply #2191 on: May 25, 2013, 03:02:06 AM »
Gus Johnson’s Crash Course
By SAM BORDEN (New York Times)

LONDON — Just after noon Thursday, Gus Johnson walked into the Back Room, an English tavern on Old Park Lane here. He sat at a table by the window beneath framed newspaper pages and old album posters, and began rummaging through his backpack.

He dumped out a pile of markers — blacks, blues, greens and reds — and took out a ruler and a large manila folder. He spread the folder open and drew lines on it, dividing it into two sections. “This is the bible,” he said.

On Saturday, Johnson will do the play-by-play for the Champions League final at Wembley Stadium, the biggest assignment in what he calls his freshman year as a soccer broadcaster for Fox. The two sides of the folder are his “boards.” All sports announcers use some variation of this setup as their chief reference during a game. The boards will be laid out in front of him at the stadium, with information on Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund at his fingertips.

Johnson is a self-admitted soccer novice — “I didn’t know a 4-4-2 from a 747 when I started this,” he said — so creating the boards has become a critical part of his preparation. He began digging through the markers, searching for a few other colors. As he did, he fell into what has become his way to pass the time this week: rattling off the names of the players, drawing out their pronunciations in an attempt to train his tongue.

“Ilya GOON-de-wahn. GOON-de-wahn. GOON-de-wahn,” he said, referring to Ilkay Gündogan, a Dortmund midfielder. He kept going. “Schweinsteiger. Le-van-doski. Subotic. Subotic. Subotic. Schmelzer. Schmelzer. Schmelzer. Santana. That’s easy.”

He hesitated. “PEEZ-check. PEEZ-check. Blaszczykowski. Yup, that’s going to be the tough one,” he said. “That and Grosskreutz.”

As a waiter brought a soda, Johnson said the Dortmund player’s name several more times. “GROSS-kroitz. GROSS-kroitz. GROSS-kroitz,” he said. Finally, he looked around, laughing. “Look at this,” he said. “We got Austrian, Spanish, Swiss, French, Croatian. I’m like James Bond over here.”

Earlier this year, Johnson was viciously criticized on social media after he repeatedly mispronounced Barcelona midfielder Andrés Iniesta’s name in a match (as EE-ya-nesta), and he takes responsibility for the misstep. If anything, it has motivated him to work harder as he readies himself to call a game that is the rough equivalent of soccer’s Super Bowl, if the Super Bowl routinely featured players with multiple Z’s, umlauts and diereses in their names.

He shrugged and cackled. “Could I get a Smith from Detroit? Please?”

Johnson understands the seeming absurdity of the situation; he was a star basketball and football announcer, known for his spasmodic eruptions during CBS’s coverage of the N.C.A.A. men’s basketball tournament. Then he left for Fox and in his second year was thrust into an international sport with a rabid and passionate fan base that was used to hearing a British accent call the action. “I knew I’d get shot before I walked in the door,” he said. “Maybe justifiably.”

He went on: “But it’s like the Jack Kent Cooke quote, ‘Criticism is like walking in the rain — once you’re wet, what’s another drop?’ Plus, all I can worry about is preparing. ...” He trailed off, focusing on the contents of his bag.

He pulled his hand out of the backpack suddenly. “Ha!” he said. “Yellow!”

Johnson pointed to his boards. “I’m doing Dortmund now and I think they’re going to wear the yellow-and-black uniforms, so I want to do this side in the bumblebee,” he said. Then he went quiet for a few minutes as he began to scrawl over the folders.

Still in a Learning Phase

While preparing to broadcast a Southern California-Syracuse football game in 2011, Johnson was visited in the booth by Eric Shanks, the president of Fox Sports. Shanks casually mentioned that Fox was planning to make an aggressive bid to acquire the television rights to the World Cup in 2018 and 2022.

Johnson, unsuspectingly, said, “That’s great, good for us.” But then Shanks asked if Johnson would ever be interested in calling soccer. Johnson looked up.

“I said: ‘Soccer? SOCCER?’ ” he recalled. “I definitely wasn’t expecting it.”

Johnson, understandably, was unsure, especially because global travel would take him away from his 9-year-old son. But Nick Bernstein, a close friend of his since the late 1990s, and others encouraged him to accept the challenge. The network was clearly taking a risk, eschewing a British voice or an established American soccer announcer like J. P. Dellacamera in the hope that Johnson would develop quickly and become its signature voice on soccer.

Johnson recognizes he is still in the learning phase, and he recruited Bernstein, who played soccer at Dartmouth, to be his primary teacher.

“I knew it was going to be hard as soon as he told me what was going on,” Bernstein said. “But I said to him, ‘How do you not go on this journey?’ It’s a chance to see the world. I was honored to come along.”

Bernstein signed a part-time contract with Fox (he said his title was associate producer), and he is essentially Johnson’s right-hand man: tutor, counselor, study guide preparer, fact checker.

They spent much of their first flight to Europe more than a year ago wading through a five-page memo produced by Sky Sports on soccer’s murky offside law. They muddled through the first few broadcasts with Bernstein continually sliding pieces of paper in front of Johnson as prompts. They sat with the famed English broadcaster Martin Tyler last month, watching the Real Madrid-Dortmund second leg semifinal match from a hotel in Barcelona.

That evening, both men said, was important in Johnson’s development. Tyler was gracious in answering Johnson’s questions about calling a game, and Bernstein said he recalled Johnson asking Tyler where he focused his eyes during corner kicks. Tyler said he quickly identified who was taking the kick, but then looked away from the ball and scanned the penalty area, looking particularly for players who might be trying to time a run and sweep in at the near post.

About two weeks later, Wigan won the F.A. Cup final with a stunning 91st-minute goal by midfielder Ben Watson, who sprinted to the near post, met a looping corner kick and headed the ball into the net. Johnson, clearly prepared for the possibility, delivered a dramatic, ecstatic call that met the gravity of the moment. For Johnson, and everyone who has helped him, it was rewarding.

“He’s really impressed me with his retention,” said Jamie Trecker, a senior editor at FoxSoccer.com who has worked with Johnson here and at other game sites. “A lot of people have criticized him because he doesn’t speak with an English accent. He would get a fairer shake if people actually listened to what he was saying.”

A Sense of Isolation

There is an element of loneliness to Johnson’s new job. When he was doing the N.C.A.A. tournament, if he sat in a coffee shop in Louisville or Kansas City, fans would come up to him and shout one of his catchphrases like “Rise and fire!” or “I get buckets!” Johnson loved it.

In Europe, though, he works in relative anonymity. He has been recognized just once, he said — “We were in Manchester and there were some Man United fans who were visiting from America, and they said, ‘Hi, Gus!’ ” — but otherwise he receives little feedback from the public, save for the reviews of his performances, many of which have been scathing and can be found on the Internet. (One Web site, EPLTalk.com, noted that 69 percent of tweets about Johnson’s performance on a Barcelona-Bayern Munich game were negative.)

Like many American journalists and broadcasters, Johnson quickly realized that working conditions in Europe are far different from those in the United States. Climate-controlled press boxes with midfield views are rare; at Camp Nou, Barcelona’s stadium, Johnson and other commentators were essentially on the roof, and a large speaker next to Johnson partly obscured his view.

Ian Darke, a veteran British soccer announcer who calls games for ESPN, said navigating the gantry — essentially a mount for a crane, where broadcasters often work — can be a challenge. “You don’t necessarily know what you’re going to get,” Darke said. “It certainly isn’t the same in every stadium.”

There is also little to no access to players and coaches before or after games in Europe, making it difficult for a newcomer like Johnson to increase his institutional knowledge of the teams he is covering. Before calling an N.F.L. game, even one involving the New England Patriots and their monosyllabic coach, Bill Belichick, Johnson could spend time at practice and talk to people involved in the game, gaining fresh material to use in the broadcast. In European soccer, that notion is laughable. Johnson will call Saturday’s game having spent zero time talking with either team.

“There are no excuses,” Johnson said. “It’s just different. And that’s something I’m figuring out.”

There is a history of American announcers being castigated by American soccer fans, most notably in 2006, when ESPN made Dave O’Brien, a baseball announcer, its lead voice for the World Cup with little time for him to prepare. Not surprisingly, he was flayed for his performance. In recent years, Darke has been the (British-sounding) voice of the United States team for ESPN.

“For me, I think most fans believe that it doesn’t matter whether the announcer came from the U.K. or the U.S.A. or Timbuktu, as long as they’re good,” Darke said. “I don’t know Gus, but I respect what he’s trying to do because it isn’t easy; it’s a 90-minute ad-lib, really. Just think about that.”

Sitting at the Back Room, his boards filling up, Johnson agreed with that description. Soccer is unlike any other sport, he said, because “there are no commercials, no ins and outs, no dumb graphics.” Johnson expects to return to college football in the fall and is likely to do college basketball for Fox, too, since the network will broadcast the Big East next season.

But soccer remains his primary focus. Fox has been supportive in this early stage, Johnson said, and there will be more Champions League next season, and the F.A. Cup, too. Fox also broadcasts the Gold Cup and the Women’s World Cup in 2015, and the 2018 World Cup is not so far off.

It is a lot for any broadcaster to consider, let alone one who, for the moment, just wants to say Grosskreutz correctly as he brushes his teeth each morning.

“You can’t hide in soccer,” he said. “For 90 minutes you just get to broadcast the game with hardly any break built in.”

Johnson turned back to his boards.

“It’s nice,” he said. “Nice, and scary.”

Loud f*rkin steups!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: May 25, 2013, 08:35:46 AM »
Bakes you is setup man yes :)

Anyway, like I does tell players when ah playing or coaching, don't be predictable, don't be the guy who always holds the ball everytime yuh get, mix it up so the opponent never knows what to expect...predictability is BORING ;)

Oh, and let's go Gus, you will do great my BROTHA!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: May 25, 2013, 08:57:49 AM »
Bakes you is setup man yes :)

Anyway, like I does tell players when ah playing or coaching, don't be predictable, don't be the guy who always holds the ball everytime yuh get, mix it up so the opponent never knows what to expect...predictability is BORING ;)

Oh, and let's go Gus, you will do great my BROTHA!

Gareth Bale and Arjen Robben are quite predictable.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: May 25, 2013, 09:26:50 AM »

That evening, both men said, was important in Johnson’s development.

Yuh mean to tell me, he couldna call on one of the esteemed HU ballers? :devil:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: May 25, 2013, 10:40:45 AM »

That evening, both men said, was important in Johnson’s development.

Yuh mean to tell me, he couldna call on one of the esteemed HU ballers? :devil:

He calling on all the big men with big name.....and is the basics he cyah get right.  Simple spanish names he gardener coulda teach him to pronounce properly ("Dah-veed" not "Day-vid"; "Een-ee-esta" not "Ee-in-esta" or "Ee-en-esta" and "Muller" not "Moooh-ler")....but who is going to teach him his poor timing....or that he doh have to scream and shout for every shot or ball that seems to be heading in the general direction of the goal area? Men takin' bad shots that clearly going overbars from the time it leave man foot and he screamin' like if he leading a battle charge with chaos all around him. 

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: May 25, 2013, 11:07:33 AM »
This is what pisses me off.....they will never bring a novice to do basketball or football but a big game like this they bring a man with no passion for the game

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: May 25, 2013, 11:45:28 AM »
Disrespect
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline mouie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: May 25, 2013, 12:20:22 PM »
Any live feeds for this game.

giggsy11

« Reply #2199 on: May 25, 2013, 12:48:14 PM »
Salt again fuh dis jumbie name Robben!

giggsy11

« Reply #2200 on: May 25, 2013, 12:50:29 PM »
First non recorded CL final since 2008 and they have these two shithounds on the mike! 

giggsy11

« Reply #2201 on: May 25, 2013, 01:01:31 PM »
Forget the other 10 men on each team, I looking forward tuh enjoying the keepers in action!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: May 25, 2013, 01:02:08 PM »
Dortmund looking like they ent down with conventional wisdom.

Bayern decimate all before them whole season and now looking like Wigan playing Man City
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: May 25, 2013, 01:12:33 PM »
Forget the other 10 men on each team, I looking forward tuh enjoying the keepers in action!

You ent lie! We watching 2 of the best getting plenty of action.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: May 25, 2013, 01:21:15 PM »
Go Dortmund!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: May 25, 2013, 01:25:48 PM »
Robben just had a look that is so familiar...that look I am used to seeing on the faces of them born right-footers (like meh self) trying to play the ball with their left foot.  :D

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: May 25, 2013, 01:26:36 PM »
Right now, I don't think the Bundesliga could ask for a better advertisement.
This game have pace, skills, drive, directness, great goalkeeping, swarming defense and two teams that don't like each other.
All it missing is goals.

giggsy11

« Reply #2207 on: May 25, 2013, 01:28:25 PM »
Go Dortmund!

DHW please  give Mouie ah link. It will be last one fuh the year. ;)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: May 25, 2013, 01:28:58 PM »
Right now, I don't think the Bundesliga could ask for a better advertisement.
This game have pace, skills, drive, directness, great goalkeeping, swarming defense and two teams that don't like each other.
All it missing is goals.

And some good English commentary!   :D

giggsy11

« Reply #2209 on: May 25, 2013, 01:29:56 PM »
Match soundin sweet in German! :)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: May 25, 2013, 01:30:07 PM »
A tale of two keepers, thus far.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:35:33 PM by Bitter »

giggsy11

« Reply #2212 on: May 25, 2013, 01:34:15 PM »
bookmark!

http://nutjob.eu/index.html

Thank you Bitter-hope Mouie comeback on tuh catch the second half.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: May 25, 2013, 01:34:27 PM »
A tale of two keepers, thus far.

Just said the same on FB a couple mins ago... great match so far.

giggsy11

« Reply #2214 on: May 25, 2013, 02:09:51 PM »
Good refreein! Dortmund! Gotze need tuh sit his arse down and be quite!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 02:11:30 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: May 25, 2013, 02:10:51 PM »
Dat referee is VERY generous to have not given Dante a second yellow on dat foul.

giggsy11

« Reply #2216 on: May 25, 2013, 02:12:22 PM »
Dat referee is VERY generous to have not given Dante a second yellow on dat foul.

Nah we doh need the match tuh geh spoil. But Dante need tuh watch he self!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: May 25, 2013, 02:13:49 PM »
Dante lucky he still in the game.

This game keeps getting better!

giggsy11

« Reply #2218 on: May 25, 2013, 02:18:54 PM »
Keeper boi! The ref from where?