April 24, 2024, 06:06:53 AM

Author Topic: In defense of Jack Warner  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In defense of Jack Warner
« on: January 13, 2006, 08:27:54 AM »
In defense of Jack Warner
Dr. Fuad Khan, MP for Barataria/San Juan

THE EDITOR (T&T Mirror):
THE recent public attacks on FIFA Vice-President and Special Advisor to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation, Jack Warner, were both unprecedented and unwarranted.

In fact, it reeks of latent discrimination and I am appealing to the powers-that-be to cease and desist this attempt.

The questioning and subsequent objection to Warner’s ownership of Simpaul’s Travel Agency and its exclusive right to sell World Cup tickets in Trinidad and Tobago and throughout the West Indies is not only a virulent attack on his person, but represents the tip of a wider conspiracy designed to keep certain people down.

This act on Warner’s part was not only a prudent business decision, but it demonstrates the ingenuity of a simple man trying to make it in a rough world, a world that is at times prejudiced against him.

This is one such occasion.

The entire negotiations were conducted above board and to insinuate ulterior motives is to impugn the character and integrity of a man who has already given much to this country.

Why should people question those motives?

Is it because he is a man of colour?

Those who draw their guns at Warner should investigate why banks and other financial institutions recommend particular legal firms (thereby keeping business within particular clique) when conducting negotiations for mortgages and other major financial transactions.

They should also investigate why TSTT was allowed to operate in a monopolistic environment for so long and why Spectacular Promotions were criticised for operating Carnival shows on the foreshore.

Now we have Marriot and MovieTowne in the same location and not a word from detractors.

It seems in this country, justice and fair play vary from race to race and from class to class.

What is good for one should be good for all and in this case, Warner, a simple Black man is trying to make it in legitimate business.

Why then should the issue of monopoly of the sale of World Cup tickets be controversial?

If it wasn’t for Jack Warner, this country would never have made it to the World Cup.

If he sees an opportunity to enhance his portfolio while providing a service, I believe that he should be given the chance to utilise this moment and make the best of it.

Fair is fair.

Why don’t these said people investigate all the other monopolies that exist within this country before they offer Warner up as a sacrificial lamb?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: In defense of Jack Warner
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 08:44:08 AM »
not one word in defense of Jack, just asking questions about other people.
more and more i am thinking that these fools think everybody just stupid and anything they say we go listen to as gospel.

how can anyone try to rationalize that nothing was wrong with Jack taking the allotment of tickets for TnT and exclusively selling them through his own travel agency, and at sky high prices???

and on the off chance that he did buy them from some agency, which i doubt cause now after the isht hit the fan, yuh cyah get tickets from Simpauls no more, but lets say he did, its still wrong to use your position in TTFF to force people to buy your packages so you can make a profit.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 10:18:05 AM »
I am appealing to the powers-that-be to cease and desist this attempt.

Jack: FIFA VP, CONCACAF Pres, TTFF special advisor, UNC vice-chair, etc.
Liburd, football supports at large: journalist and general public.

Who is the "powers-that-be" in this scenario?

The questioning and subsequent objection to Warner’s ownership of Simpaul’s Travel Agency and its exclusive right to sell World Cup tickets in Trinidad and Tobago and throughout the West Indies is not only a virulent attack on his person,

No one has questioned or objected to his owning a business. The objection is unfair business practices.
If the exclusive right had been obtained by a fair bidding process there would not be a problem.

but represents the tip of a wider conspiracy designed to keep certain people down.

Again who is "down" in this case: fans without tickets, or business man with monopoly?

This act on Warner’s part was not only a prudent business decision, but it demonstrates the ingenuity of a simple man trying to make it in a rough world, a world that is at times prejudiced against him.

Oooh the poor simple man, sob sob

The entire negotiations were conducted above board and to insinuate ulterior motives is to impugn the character and integrity of a man who has already given much to this country.

I have never seen an accounting of the bidding process for these tickets that Simpauls claims to have had from the TTFF or whatever source they claim to be getting them from. I don't consider that "above board"

Why should people question those motives?

Anyone with a half a brain.

Is it because he is a man of colour?
???  ???  ??? How does the race card get into this???? The majority of TnT football supporters, "the virulent attackers", are not the same race?

Those who draw their guns at Warner should investigate why banks and other financial institutions recommend particular legal firms (thereby keeping business within particular clique) when conducting negotiations for mortgages and other major financial transactions.

They should also investigate why TSTT was allowed to operate in a monopolistic environment for so long and why Spectacular Promotions were criticised for operating Carnival shows on the foreshore.

Now we have Marriot and MovieTowne in the same location and not a word from detractors.

It seems in this country, justice and fair play vary from race to race and from class to class.

What is good for one should be good for all and in this case, Warner, a simple Black man is trying to make it in legitimate business.

The above is all misdirection and beside the point

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 01:46:37 PM »
Himself to himself....

I does always hear about how much money Warner pump into TTFF and T&T football.  But I does always wonder how much he get back.  Years ago Waner talked about how much money TTFF was in the red...even when he was an administrator in TTFF...which was then TTFA.  Then get he big post in FIFA and get real money.  But now he is the Special Advisor, and he advises TTFF to sell him the contracts for all its dealings.  U-17 WC was the most glaring.  He buys TV rights for next to nothing and sells for millions.  The returns go to his pocket, not the TTFF coffers.  Why the hell TTFF didn't secure all the rights and contracts for deyself....Then he claims that TTFF owes him millions and if things don't go his way he will pull out of T&T football and demand what is owed to him.  He will never leave because TTFF is his gravy train.

He claims to have spent a lot of his personal funds on players and his club, which we have no reason to doubt.  But is it really his funds, or is it just him giving back some of the money he 'advised' the federation to allow him to get. 

TTFF supposed to get some money from this WC...somewhere in the millions, just for them three games.  I say take the money and pay off Warner and tell him to let we run we own thing.  Costa Rica, Mexico, USA could qualify for world cups past and present, and they doh have no Warner doing things for them.  By saying that we couldn't qualify without Warner, is like saying we cyah make a WC by just winning games.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 01:55:08 PM »
ah cant believe faud say dis? hes a close friend of my family and i know him personally and have spoken to him on many occasions, next time i speak to him i will have tuh ask him why he would even stand by a man juss bc hes unc? dis was neva de attitude of him b4

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 02:04:14 PM »
who else coming out next ..for or against JW, anansi? Once ah dog get ketch sucking egg, that dog branded for life as an egg sucker..

as ah pardna say..JW miss the boat on coming clean and cleaning up his image..
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 02:08:48 PM by Jumbie »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 09:58:47 PM »
Jumbie

You are so correct that Jack missed the boat. In Trini we does forget real quick so Jack was treated like a hero on th eteam victorious return from Bahrain. But in true JW style he showed his true villian colours and attempted to rob we BLIND.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack, you do not own T&T football
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 06:51:56 PM »
Letter to the Trinidad Guardian

I WOULD like to respond to a letter headlined, What’s wrong with Jack Warner’s monopoly.

In an article published by the Independent online edition dated January 17, the press external to T&T and Fifa have recognised that the connection between Warner and Simpaul’s Travel Service and the apparent move to profit from the Soca Warriors by Warner’s company is, quite simply, wrong.

The Independent quotes the following: “Following an uproar in Trinidad that Warner’s company could be profiteering at the expense of fans, Fifa has announced that they have appointed Ernst & Young as independent external auditors to monitor and evaluate the overall ticketing project for the 2006 World Cup.”

See the following link:

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/internationals/article339130.ece

Clearly, there is a conflict of interest in the matter of Simpaul’s Travel Service, Warner and the association with the World Cup. As an executive of Fifa, it would have been clear to Warner that such association is detrimental to his reputation and acts to undo the great reputation he has acquired via his association with football.

There is no doubt that Warner’s passion to elevate T&T football as far as it has reached is a major contributor to having football where it is today. But that does not give him the licence to make millions off such good fortune. The fact is we have seen other people do stranger things to make money.

So here is an appeal to Warner: You do not own football in T&T. You are an ambassador in the eyes of the world. Do not belittle yourself to make fast money. If anything, as a businessman, you should have stacked the business deals right when you ploughed your own money into football in T&T, maintaining transparency and integrity.

For all the good Warner has done and should rightfully be respected for, this incident is a black mark that he needs to bear. Step away from blatant personal gain, Mr Warner, it will only harm your good reputation.

Raymond Nanan
via e-mail
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Jack, you do not own T&T football
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 07:30:13 PM »
Step away from blatant personal gain, Mr Warner, it will only harm your good reputation.

I just doh understand how this man setting up himself over small money.
Doh know bout that good reputation....maybe is just so he go listen  :devil:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 09:08:36 AM »
who else coming out next ..for or against JW, anansi? Once ah dog get ketch sucking egg, that dog branded for life as an egg sucker..

as ah pardna say..JW miss the boat on coming clean and cleaning up his image..

Man you hit de nail on de head wid this comment. You know what Jack's position was in TTFF ...Secretary / Treasurer ...You know what position he holds in FIFAt from VP ?? vice President of de finance committee ..... de man has tasted eggs ...he eh tuning away from dat !

Money money money ... wah yuh tellin me bout reputation ..he eh studyin dat !

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 09:40:49 AM »
Himself to himself....

I does always hear about how much money Warner pump into TTFF and T&T football.  But I does always wonder how much he get back.  Years ago Waner talked about how much money TTFF was in the red...even when he was an administrator in TTFF...which was then TTFA.  Then get he big post in FIFA and get real money.  But now he is the Special Advisor, and he advises TTFF to sell him the contracts for all its dealings.  U-17 WC was the most glaring.  He buys TV rights for next to nothing and sells for millions.  The returns go to his pocket, not the TTFF coffers.  Why the hell TTFF didn't secure all the rights and contracts for deyself....Then he claims that TTFF owes him millions and if things don't go his way he will pull out of T&T football and demand what is owed to him.  He will never leave because TTFF is his gravy train.

He claims to have spent a lot of his personal funds on players and his club, which we have no reason to doubt.  But is it really his funds, or is it just him giving back some of the money he 'advised' the federation to allow him to get. 

TTFF supposed to get some money from this WC...somewhere in the millions, just for them three games.  I say take the money and pay off Warner and tell him to let we run we own thing.  Costa Rica, Mexico, USA could qualify for world cups past and present, and they doh have no Warner doing things for them.  By saying that we couldn't qualify without Warner, is like saying we cyah make a WC by just winning games.

i DON'T THROUGHLY AGREE BUT JACK HAS GAINED HIS MILLIONS FROM LOCAL FOOTBALL. HE PUTS HIS INVESTMENTS IN AND DRAWS ON A GREAT PROFIT MARGIN. HE  IS SHAKING ORU HAND AND  DIGGING OUT OUR EYE AT THE SAME TIME

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 03:28:00 PM »
All said and done..Football is a big money making business. Unfortunately we doh have the transparency and controls in place (TTFF etc) at the local level to manage this like it should be -result- $$ goes to Jack.. 

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 07:00:00 PM »
Where truetrini boy? I ent see him online in a while..

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 04:46:11 PM »
Jumbie

You are so correct that Jack missed the boat. In Trini we does forget real quick so Jack was treated like a hero on th eteam victorious return from Bahrain. But in true JW style he showed his true villian colours and attempted to rob we BLIND.

Yeah pal, Trinis have ah nine-months mentality...Charch did tell mih so ah long time ago.  We jes like fowl...we tend tuh forget dat we eat and drink...Trinis have fowl brains dey say...ah wonder wuh kinda ah brains Jack Warner have inside he skull?
One love...Leh we leave Jack Warner alone wid all he money...Saint Paul tell mih dat we will all die like dogs anyway...so if Jack is a big dog yuh know how much excuse dat he have tuh make for Saint Peter...Stalin say bun dem!!!! :-[

1]; } ?>