April 25, 2024, 03:26:47 PM

Author Topic: No Vagrants  (Read 2751 times)

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
No Vagrants
« on: January 16, 2006, 11:08:52 AM »
So I was on my way to work this morning and as I glanced to my left I saw what looked to be graffiti on the galvanize that surrounds what is supposed to be the construction site of the ASSESSMENT CENTRE FOR THE SOCIALLY DISPLACED.

Now there was a whole in the sign; I do not know who they managed to get up there to make the whole but the person or persons who did this were determined to get there point across. Along the galvanized that surround the building were messages spray painted.

They were large enough for anyone to see.

NO VAGRANTS

COMMUNITY CENTRE
DAYCARE
FIRE STATION
HEALTH CENTRE

These were all the things that the protester/s thought should go on that spot.

If you did not see it this morning and for all my foreign forumites let me try to explain where this site is or the proposed site.

It is right after the John John towers as you make your way east. Right after the flyovers and opposite the market. If you know where the Winston Spree Simon Life centre is the site is the vacant lot that has been there for years, right on the corner.

So I saw that and I was just thinking what's more important?

Assessing the socially displaced or a community centre, health centre or fire station for the ppl of John John & T& T

I'm not sure yet, Why can't we have both?

What do you guys think?

That is if you cared enough to finish read this long winded post about what I saw this morning going to work.

Andre boy I think I changing it - " I not tired, " not yet anyway. :)

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No Vagrants
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 11:31:31 AM »
All of the suggestions are good but the Center for the Socially Displaced is something I think is too long overdue. The fire service needs a overhaul, yuh cyah have another station with no trucks, poorly maintained equipment and dry hydrants.

A place where the socially displaced could go for help and possibly get assiastance and training to rejoin the community and make a contribution is an admirable pursuit. In the US there are companies that assist the govenment and get grants to hire former prisoners who have learned trades in jail and they provide many services to the community. I myself have a full service contact on my house with them for a little over $100US a year which covers maintainance and service to all my applicances, electrical and plumbing. These former prisoners really cannot get jobs outside but have an opportunity to keep their pride and not pay for their mistakes throughout their lives.

Training those who are socially displaced to help themselves and regain their dignity has all my support. I do however agree that the other suggestions mentioned are needed in that area. Hopefully with the windfalls from oil they won't be long in coming.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 12:08:15 PM »
put up ah health center/place fuh food fuh de vagrants and dem.

r u talking bout right after servol they?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 01:55:32 PM »

food and health is one thing but helping some of dem to get back on their feet.

It could have a kitchen and clinic at the center in addition to a training area.

I remember when i was growing up we used to send the rattan furniture to the Center for the Blind to get repaired and going in there ansd talking with some of the people you see the joy in them feeling that they can contribute. Its a hard fact in TnT that disabled people don't have the chances that a disabled person in the US would have. Having a skill and ability to earn your own way goes a long way to rebuild a person's dignity.

In case anyone was wondering where i was coming from. My mom is on the fundraising board on the Center for the Blind for a few years now and I have met and talked to people who care about making everyone there feel like they have hope.

I really wish whatever is built makes a difference.

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 02:49:22 PM »

If you are talking about the Winston Spree Simone Life Centre as the servol then yes there. Think about it as if you were travelling to Morvant from POS right on the MAin road it's the first corner you come to just before Citrus Growers and just after John John.

I really wish whatever is built makes a difference.

I really hope so too and I hope it doesn't last for a month and just shuts down or for a regime and the next government decides that it is obsolete.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 05:42:13 PM »
i remember telling meh teacher bout that in primary school and nutting change.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 06:31:52 PM »
de flyover doh have ah name but iz right after the towers and them past john john dey before success

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 10:07:04 PM »
yep ;D

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 05:06:14 PM »
Well the last time ah visit POS ah couldn't believe mih eye.  Six young strong Afro-Trinis were seen hauling out stuff from ah garbage truck as it was turning into the La Basse on Beetham...ah vagrant was seen fighting up with garbage inside ah disposal bin near to the great twin towers...the place nasty, nasty, the toilet in the airport stink, stink...the face basin stand bite up, bite up as though somebody vex with the place, no toilet paper, no soap tuh wash yuh hand. Ah guess dat "we like it so."  I doh like it so...if some people want tuh continue tuh live in latrine well dat good for dem...all dey missing is a shining latrine lizard around dey neck.  Wuh wrong wid Trinidad...we talking development buh many of our politicians are blind with power...and hustling kickbacks. Tings eh looking up at all every where ah pass...wid all the windfall of oil dollars ($US60/barrel).  Now Ato gone and join ah set ah people dat he eh know about...wuh happen? He run out ah mind or what.  If Roy throw from dey how come Ato gone dey?  Every damn ting in T&T topsy-turvy...thank God for the SocaWarriors who have done more than expected in helping out ah bad situation.  Ah love T&T buh the  place need rel help...help tuh mobilise people for productive service...everybody sitting dong expecting dat somebody else go do someting...we have tuh pull together to at least patch up the Humpty-Dumpty that we created. :(

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 06:23:09 PM »
de sign say work at own risk

jah ah man have to have rell belly to put up ah vagrant centre they

TrinInfinite

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 09:10:09 AM »
ah health centre and place of refuge should have been done a long time ago behind de bridge, at least paint over de plannings and fix de bulidings, de delapatation is rediculous, everytime i back to de east dry river de area gettin even more run down, we govt dont do nothin 4 we people behind de bridge >:(

1]; } ?>