April 29, 2024, 01:07:39 AM

Author Topic: Dey Turning Presidents Grounds into a Botanical Garden  (Read 3231 times)

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Dey Turning Presidents Grounds into a Botanical Garden
« on: January 18, 2006, 09:15:01 AM »
Ah just read in de Guardian that they plan to turn Presidents grounds into a Botanical Garden for the new Prime Ministers Residence.
We jus qualify for de World Cup and de fus thing Manning looking tuh do is turn a football field  and the only real recreational park in de area into a garden.They  tell the residents to use de savannah.

Offline bill

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dey Turning Presidents Grounds into a Botanical Garden
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 09:22:15 AM »
sad if true... had quite a few fete matches dey in de past... more carib dan football doh

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 09:33:05 AM »
Used to have a couple sports days there when i was in primary school. Sad to see what going on now.

Whappen to the Botanical Gardens now? Its not enough?

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 09:41:30 AM »
I hope that is not true.  Superstar Rangers in trouble now.

You know how many youths come up from small on that ground from St. Anns, Cascade and Belmont?

Anton Pierre for example is a product of "grounds"

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 09:51:35 AM »
That ground has long been the home of Northern Rugby club (long before Superstar Rangers).

There are few grounds for rugby as it is.  This will be a serious blow.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 10:51:11 AM »
They never wanted people playing on that grounds we can’t put bleachers no lights for the field I’m not surprise 
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 10:52:58 AM »
meh under 16 team get ah cutarse dey b4 so i dont want that memory

fire fuh that grounds
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 10:57:01 AM »
meh under 16 team get ah cutarse dey b4 so i dont want that memory

fire fuh that grounds

Yuh obviously eh get over dat yet. :rotfl:

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 11:06:02 AM »
Don’t worry we put nuff lix on teams on that grounds you not the only one with bad memory’s even your boy hardest 
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 11:07:27 AM »
Don’t worry we put nuff lix on teams on that grounds you not the only one with bad memory’s even your boy hardest 

you doh have to tell me that i remember all ah dem perfectly.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 11:09:56 AM »
That ground has long been the home of Northern Rugby club (long before Superstar Rangers).

PantherX doh mean to offend you but there is nothing "serious" about Rugby in Trinidad when compared to football in a an area such as St. Anns.

Rugby in Trinidad continues to be an elitist sport with mostly upper class and upper middle class participation and support.  I understand that there may be a lack of suitable rugby grounds for rich yuppies and their friends to frolic on, but I think it pales in comparison to the need for receration grounds for disadvantaged children in areas such as St. Anns and Belmont.

That, PantherX, would be the serious blow.  I am sure that "the rich boys" could find somewhere else to play or pool resources to create a better place to play.  The ghetto youths doh have either option.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 01:17:50 PM »
Me old team Rangers still playing there?  If so, they go really have to use the Savannah again.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 01:24:34 PM »
it dat the same grounds that they played rugby on by the gate on st annes side?

yeah by hilton they

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 01:28:58 PM »
DAS f**kIN BULL SHIT
das d only place i duz go to train by myself an dey takin it away f**k dem!!
stewps
ruin my whole day

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 06:47:14 PM »

PantherX doh mean to offend you but there is nothing "serious" about Rugby in Trinidad when compared to football in a an area such as St. Anns.

Rugby in Trinidad continues to be an elitist sport with mostly upper class and upper middle class participation and support.  I understand that there may be a lack of suitable rugby grounds for rich yuppies and their friends to frolic on, but I think it pales in comparison to the need for receration grounds for disadvantaged children in areas such as St. Anns and Belmont.

That, PantherX, would be the serious blow.  I am sure that "the rich boys" could find somewhere else to play or pool resources to create a better place to play.  The ghetto youths doh have either option.

I see your ignorance is boundless Jahyouth.

People of all backgrounds play rugby.  Clubs such as Rainbow RFC (consisting entirely of rastafarians) Harvard Defense Force, YTC and Police must have changed in the 10 years I've been away since by your statement their membership must surely consist of "rich yuppies and their friends".

When I played our youth team consisted mainly of boys from Diego Martin Secondary (definitely an elitest institution) many of whom play for the first team today.

The camradrie and team spirit fostered by rugby is unmatched in any sport.  Anyone who has the courage the take up rubgy invariably falls in love with the game.

Just because rugby is a minor sport does not make it unimportant.

I wonder if Trini whites didn't play rugby (more than any other sport) if it would still be an elitest sport in your eyes?

I suggest that you crawl under the rock you spawned from and stay there until you are capable of sensible discourse.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 06:57:36 PM by PantherX »

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 08:47:44 PM »

Rugby in Trinidad continues to be an elitist sport with mostly upper class and upper middle class participation and support.  I understand that there may be a lack of suitable rugby grounds for rich yuppies and their friends to frolic on, but I think it pales in comparison to the need for receration grounds for disadvantaged children in areas such as St. Anns and Belmont.

That, PantherX, would be the serious blow.  I am sure that "the rich boys" could find somewhere else to play or pool resources to create a better place to play.  The ghetto youths doh have either option.

I see your ignorance is boundless Jahyouth.

People of all backgrounds play rugby.  Clubs such as Rainbow RFC (consisting entirely of rastafarians) Harvard Defense Force, YTC and Police must have changed in the 10 years I've been away since by your statement their membership must surely consist of "rich yuppies and their friends".

When I played our youth team consisted mainly of boys from Diego Martin Secondary (definitely an elitest institution) many of whom play for the first team today.

The camradrie and team spirit fostered by rugby is unmatched in any sport.  Anyone who has the courage the take up rubgy invariably falls in love with the game.

Just because rugby is a minor sport does not make it unimportant.

I wonder if Trini whites didn't play rugby (more than any other sport) if it would still be an elitest sport in your eyes?

I suggest that you crawl under the rock you spawned from and stay there until you are capable of sensible discourse.

Like I touch a nerve partner... doh study it.  must be have some truth to what I said for you to ketch so much horrors.

I stand by my statement that Rugby is primarily a white sport in Trinidad.  If you want to get technical, let us talk class and not race and specify that it is a sport that is played and followed religiously by majority upper class and upper middle class people.  fair enough?  Yes they try to expand the sport in high schools and everything, but the die hard rugby people in Trinidad are who?  Not anybody from East Dry River I can assure you of that.

And no, there is nothing wrong with that.  All I was saying is that President's Grounds is much more of a critical recreational resource for the young, economically disaadvantaged youth than it is for the typical rugger who has at his disposal more resources and can therefore access alternative locations much more easily.  Is that a questionable statement to make?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 09:01:53 PM by Jahyouth »

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 12:47:53 AM »
Manning is an arse if he let dat happen. Ah have so many memories of dat place and all de fellas dat used to play football dey from Rangers to de Radicals etc. Most of dem have nickname...to dis day ah cyah tell yuh most of dem first name or dey last. Regardless of who was playing Rugby dey, the fact is dat de Grounds had multiple uses. Windball Cricket...net ball way back in de day and pick up basketball until dem men mash up de ring and backboard.  Sometimes dem pick up games on Sunday was hot...men like Scott Rodriguez and Ronald Koo and dem used to visit wit dey padners and get dey arse cut bad bad...from mix up squad with Clayton Morris brothers, Kevin Moze etc. Colin Rocke and de Spalkman himself sweat dey before.  Boy...when de blasted ball go over de wall...we used to send Skelly or Skinny over de wall to get it...we figure dem was fine bone enough to get graze by bullets from de Prime Minister Guards...rather dan send fatman like Pie or Lumpy. Dem was the days. Botanical Gardens what? Pure 4kery.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 12:49:18 AM »
Clubs such as Rainbow RFC (consisting entirely of rastafarians) Harvard Defense Force, YTC and Police must have changed in the 10 years I've been away since by your statement their membership must surely consist of "rich yuppies and their friends".

Man I play good rugby sevens wid dem teams back in de days. Rainbows was always a pleasure to play against. In dem days really de only white players was from Queens Park, two white bros and an older fella. With one or two here and dey.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 08:55:07 AM »
Clubs such as Rainbow RFC (consisting entirely of rastafarians) Harvard Defense Force, YTC and Police must have changed in the 10 years I've been away since by your statement their membership must surely consist of "rich yuppies and their friends".

Man I play good rugby sevens wid dem teams back in de days. Rainbows was always a pleasure to play against. In dem days really de only white players was from Queens Park, two white bros and an older fella. With one or two here and dey.

Fair enough DCtrini, WestCoast and PantherX, I stand corrected

1]; } ?>