April 26, 2024, 08:26:11 AM

Author Topic: Beenhakker satisfied with build up plans.  (Read 7361 times)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenhakker satisfied with build up plans.
« on: January 18, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes.

National team head coach Leo Beenhakker has indicated his intentions of adding new blood to the “Soca Warriors” line up as they prepare to go into preparation gear ahead of June’s 2006 World Cup in Germany.
Beenhakker, in his first appearance for the local media since his return to Trinidad on Monday, that he will have maybe three new players in the squad to face Iceland on February 28 but is also aiming to protect the squad of players which took care of the job of getting T&T to its first ever World Cup.
Over the past few weeks, Beenhakker and assistant coach have been viewing some T&T talent in the UK Leagues and will continue to look at other local talent as he intends to have training camps here with players which he says he still needs to decide on.
“There are a few other players, new players that we saw. At least they all made an impression that they deserve a chance to demonstrate if they can be very valuable to the team yes or no. I will invite one or two of these guys for the Iceland game I will advise these guys without any guarantees and conclusions,” Beenhakker said.
“The actual situation in relation with the 23 players that will go to Germany is that normally when they are fit, and in good shape, when they play more regular with their clubs, about 15 or 16  from the have their ticket for Germany already,” he explained, adding that he hopes to find more left sided players and maybe younger ones because of the fact that only Avery John is left footed on the team currently and that there are still some veterans in the team who could be complimented by younger legs.
“That means that the door is still open for several players to step into the team.  It’s early now to say if we will have changes to the team and in that way we are still working on it.
“But once again, the most important part is to take care and to protect the actual team and to give them all the credit and all the respect and protect the team spirit. From one side the door is open and the other side the first option is with the players who did the job.”
His intention is to look at the home-based players alongside Rijsbergen and assistant Anton Corneal.
“First of all, we don’t have to forget that there several local players who were part of the team before that will now have the possibility to make the step to the team.  It’s a difficult situation because they have no club activities at the moment. What we will do now is give our attention to these players.
“Based on the job Anton did the last few weeks with the Under 21 and Under 23 players, we possibly have some interesting players who at the moment are still working, living and playing in the USA. We will give them the chance. Apart of that, you can imagine there are a lot of stuff to arrange around the World Cup and the preparations. We will have a lot of meetings with Mr Warner and the management team of the federation to arrange everything perfectly over the months of May and June,” the former Real Madrid coach added.
Responding to questions about his change of mind to play a final farewell match versus Peru in May after earlier saying he was against any matches in Port of Spain, Beenhakker said he understood fully that the people wanted to their team in action and as such, he saw no problem in fitting it into the preparation schedule.
“I have said from the beginning that listen, the World Cup will be played in Europe so that is normal that you make your preparations also in Europe and you look for opponents who have relation in their style and mentality of playing in relation to Sweden, England and Paraguay. On the other hand I understand very well that it is a very historic moment in T&T. There is a lot of interest from all sides to have a farewell game. At the moment Mr Warner is discussing with me and I agree. I have no problem to be here. But I am looking forward to have a great farewell game here in May.”
He’s also hoping the likes of Densill Theobald (Falkirk), Cyd Gray and Aurtis Whitley can make a good impression in Europe.
“First of all I am very happy for them to have the possibility to play overseas. For many of the guys here its a dream to play over there. What happened to Densill is great for him especially in relation to his age. Hopefully they can find a club there and realize their dreams I will manage them the same as the other overseas players and in that way it makes no difference for me. It’s the same with me. At least I know when they are there, they are fully training because the season will go on there they wont have any breaks. They will play their matches so it’s great stuff that they are there.”
He also reflected on the draw in relation to his arranging of preparations for June.
“I like the group very much. First of all, I wouldn’t say it’s an honour, but it’s always something special to play England for everybody who lives in the football world because England is team with great history and especially because most of the players are playing in England, it’s special to play them. Sweden is a very interesting opponent with a totally different style – a Scandanavian style but it’s  one of the better European teams Paraguay has the Latin American style of football and I like that.
“Most of all, on one side we came as the last team to qualify for the World Cup, we are the smallest team, but at the same time, we can have a good preparation for what will be three very tough matches to have any possibility to go to the second round. On the other hand, its not impossible,” he added, explaining that the team has had only four and five days prior to previous matches and he thinks it will benefit more now with an extended time for preparation.
Asked about whether he was satisfied with the way T&T’s preparation schedule has been drawn up, the Dutchman replied with a laugh: “Yes I am very satisfied because I did it myself so hopefully I’m satisfied about it.”
“We made, within the circumstances, the perfect preparation. We have a general schedule where we will start here on May 7/8, a few days before the Peru game. Then we go to England where we have found a wonderful location for 8 or 9 days. There will do a lot of fitness based on football so we won’t be running a marathon there. Then we have two weeks in Austria where it’s perfect conditions to work there with a fantastic pitch near the hotel. We have the chance to play four games there with three official friendly internationals and one against a club team. Then it’s easy from there to make our trip tour base camp in Germany. “In that way, in my opinion and  based on our experience, it’s absolutely perfect,” Beenhakker ended.
Local players upset with World Cup pay.
By: Nigel Simon (Guardian).
[/size]

Members of the national football team who played in the early rounds of the Concacaf qualifying matches leading up to the World Cup Finals are unhappy with their rewards.
The players met with members of the Football Federation, including team manager Bruce Aanensen, yesterday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium to discuss their concerns.
Some 55 team members will receive bonus payments for leading the team to its first World Cup Finals.
The total number of players represents those who were part of the national squad dating back to T&T’s first qualifying match against Dominican Republic on June 20, 2004 up to T&T’s 1-0 second-leg win over Bahrain in Manama on November 16 last year.
The players are to share just over US$1.6 million, part of the US $6 million Swiss francs, for qualification to Germany.
Among members of the T&T team who met with Aanensen were Anthony Rougier, Cornell Glen, Kerwyn Jemmott, Anthony Wolfe, Glenton Wolfe, Anton Pierre, Gary Glasgow, Nigel Pierre, Jerren Nixon, Kerry Baptiste, Scott Sealy, Brent Rahim, Duarance Williams, Jan-Michael Williams, Nigel Henry, David Atiba Charles, Errol Mc Farlane Jr, Michael Celestine and Arnold Dwarika.
Speaking on condition of anonymity, one player explained that the group of players understood fully that they were not there in the end.
“But at the same time, we feel that being there at the start of the journey was as important.”
Another touchy issue was that the players felt the T&TFF should have first made sure that everyone was happy with what they were getting before finalising a figure to be given to charity.
The T&TFF said that the players had decided that a balance of US $36,822 was for two local charities, one in Tobago and the other in Trinidad.
“We are not against giving money to charities, but we would have liked to meet with the representatives of the T&TFF before this was done.”
In the release from the T&TFF on Monday it was stated that the proposal which came after the first three final round matches when T&T held one point was presented to the players, and they all agreed that the players who were part of the final round squad would benefit from the amount.
Players who were part of the team in the second round (T&T had a first round bye) and semi-final round would also receive a bonus payment.
According to the release the overall structure of payment was once based on a points per match system and players’ overall international appearances which was mutually agreed upon by all parties involved.
In response, Aanensen explained that some of the players did not fully understand how the payments were worked out. “I believed some of them feel that they were entitled to a little more than they will be actually receiving.”
He added: “The players who were involved in the first round were not originally going to be part of the pay-out.
“An agreement was reached between the players representative and the T&TFF representative at the beginning of the second round of matches in terms of incentives and reward for the players.
“However Mr Warner felt he needed to reward everyone who was involved in the team’s journey to the finals.”
Asked if all the guys were happy at the end of the meeting the team manager said: “We are all human and it is only natural to feel that you deserved more that you got in the end.”
Canada cruises past Soca Princesses.
canadasoccer.com.

Canada’s U20 Women’s National Team began its road to the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Championship by doing just what was expected of them today when they dispatched of Trinidad and Tobago 7-1 in Veracruz, Mexico.
Canada almost found themselves down a goal inside the opening ten minutes when an indirect free kick from the top of the Canadian area sailed untouched into the back of the net. But the Panamanian referee correctly waved off the goal immediately.
The scare of going a goal down seemed to awaken the Canadians and shortly after, Lisa Collison started things rolling when she received a quickly taken free kick from the always clever Veronique Maranda and coolly slid her shot past the T&T ‘keeper for the opener.
Maranda, Aysha Jamani and Jodi-Ann Robinson then stretched the lead to four when they found the back of the net thrice in twelve minutes, virtually dashing any hopes the Soca Princesses had of stealing points in the tournament opener.
But it was Maranda’s goal that drew the most attention.
The University of Tennessee midfielder coaxed two T&T defenders toward her near the end-line, just outside the penalty area, then spun the first and chipped the ball just beyond the second. Before either could react, the St-Lambert native slammed her shot into the upper corner to the approval of everyone at the ground.
Though Trinidad & Tobago grabbed a goal back from the penalty spot in minute 57, the Canadians tacked on another three goals courtesy of two second half substitutes.
Kaylen Kyle reignited Canada’s offense in minute 78, and the pacy Rheanne Sleiman rounded off the contest with a brace in the final eight minutes.
“An energizing, offensive start to the tournament” was the way Canadian Head Coach Ian Bridge described the opener.
“We utilized our quick passing and our fast thinking strikers today and probably should have scored more than seven goals.
“Trinidad & Tobago challenged us with their pace and athleticism as well as a more direct approach in attack, but as long as we can continue to improve game to game, this young squad will be hard to beat.”
In the second Group A match, Mexico hammered Panama 10-0.
Canada will now prepare for its second match of the opening round against Panama on Friday, January 20 while tournament host-Mexico entertain Trinidad & Tobago in the second match of the day.

CAN:
1-Stephanie Labbe – 3-Sophie Schmidt-C, 4-Caroline Vanderpool, 7-Jodi-Ann Robinson (64: 6-Kaylen Kyle), 8-Veronique Maranada, 10-Amanda Cicchini, 11-Desiree Scott, 14-Aysha Jamani (87: 5-Emily Zurrer), 16-Paige Adams, 18-Eden Hingwing, 19-Lisa Collison (64: 13-Reanner Sleiman).

Booked:
Hingwing 58’, Kyle 89’

TRI:
1-Kimika Forbes – 2-Ayana Russell, 3-Anastasia Prescott, 4-Katrina Meyer (89: 14-Marissa Mohammed), 5-Kia Rigsby (45: 6-Jemilia Mathlin), 7-Dernelle Mascall, 8-Patrice Superville, 9-Maylee Attin-Johnson-C, 10-Aveann Douglas, 16-Christine Rose (45: 18-Stephanie De Souza), 19-Kennya Cordner.

Booked:
Rose 20’, Prescott 25’
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 04:44:57 AM by Flex »

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker satisfied with build up plans
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 05:09:35 PM »
Asked about whether he was satisfied with the way T&T’s preparation schedule has been drawn up, the Dutchman replied with a laugh: “Yes I am very satisfied because I did it myself so hopefully I’m satisfied about it.”

this is how a coach supposed to operate. Talk big and stand by what yuh say. Not because you from Tobago wherever ..... :devil:

Check de Danger

Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker satisfied with build up plans
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 05:11:18 PM »
Shaun Fuentes
Jan 18, 2006

We have the chance to play four games there with three official friendly internationals and one against a club team.  Then it’s easy from there to make our trip tour base camp in Germany.
“In that way, in my opinion and  based on our experience, it’s absolutely perfect,” Beenhakker ended

Well if dat is true...ah guess the beenie man know exactly what he doing...4 games 2 weeks before the WC, ah mean we can't ask for more than dat. let's hope it's quality teams...I know we pong the TTFF for now preparing the team...but Leo has it under control  ;D

Big Up Coach Leo!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker satisfied with build up plans.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 05:17:12 PM »
YES THE DON IS BACK! I feel so confident with him at the helm that we could go out there and give England a fight they would not forget

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 05:26:10 PM »
Whey all de men who was asking what he doing.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 05:33:23 PM »

Doh worry yuh go hear from dem.
Dem is the same ones saying that is the TTFF that settin the schedule and we ent have no friendlies. Yes just like I said before is Beenie

IS ALL BEENIE. He making all the rules, he runnin things. Now he make it clear and ah go reference he statement whenever man talkin chupidness bout what the TTFF doing or why we ent playin nobody. ASK BEENIE.

The man in charge. NO DOUBT.

Stop the paranoia people, allyuh know allyuh self :devil:

Relax and enjoy

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 05:39:29 PM »
“We made, within the circumstances, the perfect preparation. We have a general schedule where we will start here on May 7/8, a few days before the Peru game. Then we go to England where we have found a wonderful location for 8 or 9 days. There will do a lot of fitness based on football so we won’t be running a marathon there. Then we have two weeks in Austria where it’s perfect conditions to work there with a fantastic pitch near the hotel. We have the chance to play four games there with three official friendly internationals and one against a club team. Then it’s easy from there to make our trip tour base camp in Germany. “In that way, in my opinion and  based on our experience, it’s absolutely perfect,” Beenhakker ended.

ah like dat...that is real good to hear.  :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 05:47:24 PM »

Dem is the same ones saying that is the TTFF that settin the schedule and we ent have no friendlies. Yes just like I said before is Beenie

IS ALL BEENIE. He making all the rules, he runnin things. Now he make it clear and ah go reference he statement whenever man talkin chupidness bout what the TTFF doing or why we ent playin nobody. ASK BEENIE.

Relax and enjoy

steups...say what..believe dat if yuh like....I still mintin dat no coach should be seeking accomodations...steups.

And why he take so long tuh set up camp fuh de players who were inactive.

Allyuh damn freshwater trinis too accustomed tuh last minute ting.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 07:06:12 PM »

Relax and enjoy

steups...say what..believe dat if yuh like....I still mintin dat no coach should be seeking accomodations...steups.

agreed, camp should have been started b4 and we should have played the saudi tournament, so it would have saved beenhakker time from seeing the players that are locally based, he woulda already have had a final team for the first friendly, trinis from home 2 accustomed to the las minute ting, it doh work in the countries who progress

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 07:23:29 PM »
hardest left footed?  he used to play on the left wing for malick?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 07:59:06 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Over the past few weeks, Beenhakker and assistant coach have been viewing some T&T talent in the UK Leagues

“There are a few other players, new players that we saw. At least they all made an impression that they deserve a chance to demonstrate if they can be very valuable to the team yes or no. I will invite one or two of these guys for the Iceland game I will advise these guys without any guarantees and conclusions,” Beenhakker said.

Who are the few players kevin austin Shakes murphy and who else
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 08:00:22 PM »

Relax and enjoy

agreed, camp should have been started b4 and we should have played the saudi tournament, so it would have saved beenhakker time from seeing the players that are locally based, he woulda already have had a final team for the first friendly, trinis from home 2 accustomed to the las minute ting, it doh work in the countries who progress

What that have to do with Trinis ???

I would have loved to see we boys playin some warm up and preparations. But Beenie is working the way he accustomed to working. Is that simple.

It aint no Trini that come up with the schedule....it plain as Dutch.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 06:24:22 AM »
How is our preparations last minute. I think our prep stacks up well when compared to that of other nations. Beenhakker, like most Dutch people that I work with, pay attention to detail and put heavy emphasis on preparation and ground work.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 07:46:15 AM »
Canada’s U20 Women’s National Team began its road to the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Championship by doing just what was expected of them today when they dispatched of Trinidad and Tobago 7-1 in Veracruz, Mexico.

For a long time Jammal Shabazz has been involved with the women's team and to be quite honest his record sucks. We might beat the caribbean islands but when we square off against the rest of Concacaf we are abyssmal.

What can be done about this?  We may not take the women's game as seriously as we should. I not sure who is friend with Shabazz on this forum but he needs to go, he is not up to the task of training and getting these women ready for the big games. We will continue to see them get 3 goals and more until something radical is done.

MAYBE WE CAN GET NAKHID TO COACH!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 07:48:11 AM by grskywalker »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 08:17:47 AM »

For a long time Jammal Shabazz has been involved with the women's team and to be quite honest his record sucks. We might beat the caribbean islands but when we square off against the rest of Concacaf we are abyssmal.

What can be done about this?  We may not take the women's game as seriously as we should. I not sure who is friend with Shabazz on this forum but he needs to go, he is not up to the task of training and getting these women ready for the big games. We will continue to see them get 3 goals and more until something radical is done.

we cannot blame shabbazz soccer is the most played sport by girl 8-20  in canada i would say. the sport need to get more popular  in trinidad  among women first .
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 08:20:32 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 08:41:21 AM »

we cannot blame shabbazz soccer is the most played sport by girl 8-20  in canada i would say. the sport need to get more popular  in trinidad  among women first .

Point.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 09:09:59 AM »

Agree
The only beef I have with the womens program is, Shabazz is the only coach at all levels. I think there should be different coaches at different levels, so that the charges would have a varity of styles as well as experience..any defiencies of shabazz ( everybody has) will be present throughout the whole program..therefore variety and development other than through the training program could only occur by nature. and in a small pool as our women league, very difficult to have a complete team...in addition, the fact that more than half the team play foreign in a land the coach is not allowed to visit, he has very little input, control, or recognition of their senior development...thus I think at the least the senior team should have another coach.

I also think, he should have more training camps in Canada (jnr. champs), if he is allowed there, rather than Trinidad..

just as an e.g.
Trinidad has basically 1/2 women snr league..
Around this city, there are ~3 compt. leagues, with 3-4 divisions each, and more than 15 recreational regions with at least 10 teams each....so across the country...even if Canada is not able to choose it's best players, due to cracks or lack of funding...etc..etc, you would still be playing against formidable opponents with considerable experience...

All that being said, I must congratulate the Shabazz and the team on the effort..   

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 10:27:17 AM »
disapointed in the womens results.

I thought we would get only 2 or 3 from Canada or maybe a draw.
especially since they went Venezuela and played very well so preparation was decent.

I expect them to bounce back tie mexico and beat panama

Maybe Canada have a bomb squad  :'(

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 11:15:59 AM »
disapointed in the womens results.

I thought we would get only 2 or 3 from Canada or maybe a draw.
especially since they went Venezuela and played very well so preparation was decent.

I expect them to bounce back tie mexico and beat panama

Maybe Canada have a bomb squad  :'(

At this level of the game, Canada is one of the top 5 countries in the sport.  T&T coulda end up with 10.  The fact that 3 goals scored in the last 10 minutes or so shows improvement by the team to be some extent in terms of being competitive.  Without seeing the actual game, I can't say really comment on the play but from a comparison standpoint in terms of our women versus Canada, we are at the level of a Barbados or St Kitts going to play Mexico in a WCQ in Azteca stadium. 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 11:29:45 AM »
 The Women's team will do better in the future...We need better better youth programs for girls...I doesn't hear anything about national under 13 or under 15 girls team....There should be more leagues for girls and women...Go T&T

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2006, 11:33:08 AM »

Responding to questions about his change of mind to play a final farewell match versus Peru in May after earlier saying he was against any matches in Port of Spain, Beenhakker said he understood fully that the people wanted to their team in action and as such, he saw no problem in fitting it into the preparation schedule.

yuh damn liar, leo never said he was against a  home friendly. someone show me when he said that and ill eat my words. it was jack pullin the strings on these friendlies.
in fact, in the next couple of lines he says he has no problem being here and funtes tries to justify the above quote by showing beenie wants to play european teams, and ALSO play some in europe
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 11:36:53 AM by supporter »
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 11:46:57 AM »

Relax and enjoy

what last minute thing you referring to? the camps and planning are well in place. the only thing sounding typical trini is the impatience to have no long term planning.

man, some people want camps non-stop. the camp goin on now, it makes no diff whether it started up two days ago or two weeks ago. beenie is going to have the camp running efficiently.

leo cant be in 8 places at once. he knows his itinerary. he wasnt born yesterday.

he is going to take care of things the way he feels fit, and if he feels that our accomodation and training camps in austria are important to sort out then he's going to sort that out. if he didnt do that you'll have people here complaining about that camp and moaning why they aint have good facilities for the team in austria. steups.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 11:48:59 AM by supporter »
Hart for president

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2006, 04:40:45 PM »

Relax and enjoy

what last minute thing you referring to? the camps and planning are well in place. the only thing sounding typical trini is the impatience to have no long term planning.

man, some people want camps non-stop. the camp goin on now, it makes no diff whether it started up two days ago or two weeks ago. beenie is going to have the camp running efficiently.

leo cant be in 8 places at once. he knows his itinerary. he wasnt born yesterday.

he is going to take care of things the way he feels fit, and if he feels that our accomodation and training camps in austria are important to sort out then he's going to sort that out. if he didnt do that you'll have people here complaining about that camp and moaning why they aint have good facilities for the team in austria. steups.

So it alright tuh have man jes lying idle not playing ball for weeks?  Steups.

1]; } ?>