March 28, 2024, 10:41:13 PM

Author Topic: trinidad should take an ssfl player to the world cup  (Read 3635 times)

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
trinidad should take an ssfl player to the world cup
« on: January 18, 2006, 06:00:56 PM »
 hey guys. i attended  one of the ssfl schools up until  just a few years ago.  i was of the opinion that we should take at least the best player prom the 2005 secondary schools FOOTBALL league(SSFL)-whoever he is- TO THE WORLD CUP 2006.  i un :)derstand that we want the best players possible. but it wouldnt hurt for the experience and for someone to build upon for the future world cups. hopefully they could let him sweat a game in germany.
     coming to think of it, they could do it every world cup.
           i'd like to know your opinions on this.......

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: trinidad should take an ssfl player to the world cup
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 06:03:28 PM »
Nice idea, but ah prefer we take someone from one of our youth team..like under 23, 20 or 17, they already make ah team and we could build from there.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

MickeyRat

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 06:07:24 PM »
Nice idea my friend but I think at this point in our 'very young' World Cup career, it would be best for our nation to take experienced players.

Until we start beating countries like Mexico, USA, and Cost Rica, we will always struggle, thus leaving us no alternative but taking the best.

Cheers!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 06:08:03 PM »
good idea

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 06:15:38 PM »
Nah. Not from SSFL. More like under 23's. A man that you almost sure to be in the senior team in aanother year or two.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 06:36:24 PM »
Fairytale idea. I could see it now

But NO

Beenie aint taking any player who ent adding something....the only youth that age I think he "might" take is the Dutch youth....and that is ah long long shot.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 07:06:19 PM »
i have ah good feeling julius and kevon kneves going
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 07:12:05 PM »
hmmmmmmmm  :thinking:

it may be risky but then again it may PAY off big time.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 07:38:27 PM »
 i like the opinoins so far, especially those who like the idea. to play devil's advocate, wouldn't world cup exposure give him a much better chance at a  top european league  contract?ok, they may not be that good, but its the principle. And it would be a very good incentive for the  schoolboys to work harder than they do right now - not taking away anything from them.
 we should work on that potential once we see it, not wait for them to  turn profesiional...

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 07:55:33 PM »
i like the opinoins so far, especially those who like the idea. to play devil's advocate, wouldn't world cup exposure give him a much better chance at a  top european league  contract?ok, they may not be that good, but its the principle. And it would be a very good incentive for the  schoolboys to work harder than they do right now - not taking away anything from them.
 we should work on that potential once we see it, not wait for them to  turn profesiional...

The best incentive for these school boys be Jones not even Yorke.

Jones was a schoolboy player just like them....he wasn't even a regular starter for W Connection but was able to take advantage of the opportunity that came his way. He played in almost every division since he been in England that short space ah time. That should motivate them to buckle down, work hard and give the PFL ah chance to grow with them and develop instead of running off to the US and gettin lost in that system.

Hopefullly the World Cup open up some doors for the youth to have another avenue to success and give birth to a generation....a generation that will aspire and achieve.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 07:58:04 PM »
We should take 3 or 4 youth players outside of the 23 squad to travel and train with the team.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 08:08:34 PM »
I agree with the travel and train but I dont see any coach in deh right mind giving a youth or that age and inexperience a sweat at a World Cup,....though i wish it would .....nah i cyah see dat happening...dat just ent happening

many good SSFL players but none are real standouts like Ronaldo was when he make de world cup.....england would not even dream of taking Theo Walcott....Rooney and Messi would not have made it unless they have professional ( and national) exposure and.... there are some really good youths in the Pro League, Jabloteh have some as young as fifteen and sixteen sweating with the senior team and as young as sixteen seventeen through to twenty dat play for the senior team already,....those are also good prospects as those youths already getting pro team exposure

i more agree wit morvantman, perhaps julius james or one of them might make de trip or some national U23 but not a ssfl player

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 08:37:18 PM »
I see some of u r thinking outside the box..good!!!!, but that can actually do more harm than good. The WC tourney is anything but a forum to develop players and this is one of the biggest differences between cricket and football with regarards to player development.  You can send an 18-19 year old on a WI tour and he can get some experience against a couple county sides etc. etc. but WC football different.

The WC is too short and intense.  Those SSFL players have to get battle hardened in the local pro leagues and others before we can expose them on the big stage. We dont want to send the wrong message, they have to pay their dues unless they are exceptional. I don't know, but do we have another Marcelle or Rocke out there???

Having said this ,I would not fault Beenie if the inclusion of a couple SSFL players means that this is the best 23 that T&T have to offer. Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 08:42:29 PM by College »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 10:45:44 PM »
We should take 3 or 4 youth players outside of the 23 squad to travel and train with the team.

That makes a little more sense.

Cause unless the SSFL player is exceptional (in which case his inclusion will be a matter of talent), I dont see how putting a SSFL player, who is out of his depth at that level, is going to help:
1. the teams cause.
2. the player's development.

And all the talk about getting a big contract through playing at the World Cup is very naive.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 01:40:28 AM »
Any pick for this WC should be purely based on talent and advantages brought to the team, if a SSFL player or for that matter any other youth player bringing that to the team then they should be in Beenhakker's plans.
However just bringing in a player for a trip to Germany is nonsense.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 05:44:35 PM »
hey guys. i attended one of the ssfl schools up until just a few years ago. i was of the opinion that we should take at least the best player prom the 2005 secondary schools FOOTBALL league(SSFL)-whoever he is- TO THE WORLD CUP 2006. i un :)derstand that we want the best players possible. but it wouldnt hurt for the experience and for someone to build upon for the future world cups. hopefully they could let him sweat a game in germany.
 coming to think of it, they could do it every world cup.
 i'd like to know your opinions on this.......

Madness.  We have men onthe under 23 that ain't getting that experience, but need it for the next campaign, and you talking bout taking ah schoolboy to get ah sweat in Germany.  Dem fellas cyar even compete with they counterparts in Mexico, Germany, Italy and co., but yuh talking bout rushing them to the senior level.  Ah cyar espouse such a proposal.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 06:21:47 PM »
If you can find a player in TnT with similar abilty to one Wayne Rooney (Born:  24 Oct 1985 ) then by ALL means I am sure Leo WILL take him.

how bout the Dutch U-17 player?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 06:25:41 PM »
If you can find a player in TnT with similar abilty to one Wayne Rooney (Born:  24 Oct 1985 ) then by ALL means I am sure Leo WILL take him.

how bout the Dutch U-17 player?

De man ask about ah SSFL player, not ah young professional.  We don't have that at home, cause our structure is not presently suited to churning out such talent that is ready for the big step.  We have talent, but it is usually still unrefined at that age.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 06:27:02 PM »
i guess it makes sense
but we really do need the best team possible taking a man up dey to bench eh helping nobody

1]; } ?>