April 25, 2024, 10:28:44 PM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 427127 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wired868 examines the audacity of Jack Warner
« Reply #1800 on: September 19, 2012, 05:15:03 PM »
Shouldn't this be in the general section ?

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #1801 on: September 20, 2012, 04:37:24 PM »
http://tunein.com/radio/i955-FM-s50075/ 

Tony Harford and wireed868 on right now with Andre Baptiste
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: September 20, 2012, 05:49:54 PM »
According to Harford his association with Jack is over, and the money situation so bad that Anton Corneal and all had to look for an alternative source of income to put food on the table. The favoured sons are now swallowing some bitter pills.

Football is in complete shutdown mode, and ironically at a time when we have a 'golden generation of young footballers coming up. Their talent is being squandered and they will be reduced to another lost generation.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Warner says he got World Cup TV Rights for $1
« Reply #1803 on: September 26, 2012, 02:46:21 AM »
Leading companies acquire Concacaf broadcast rights
T&T Express Reports.
Sep 25, 2012.

A deal to market the region's football to most parts of the world has been reached between two leading sports promotions companies and CONCACAF.

The joint bid from World Sport Group and Traffic Sports for the confederation's international media rights has been accepted, CONCACAF announced in a statement, yesterday.

"This is yet another broadcast agreement that will contribute to elevating our properties as global brands while expanding the reaches of our football," said CONCACAF president, Jeffrey Webb.

The two-year pact was reached after assessments of the bids by a three-man CONCACAF Evaluation Committee, comprising president of the Grenada Football Association Cheney Joseph, Canadian Soccer Association president Victor Montagliani and Costa Rica Football Association president Eduardo Li.

Under terms of the deal, World Sport Group and Traffic Sports have the right to market CONCACAF football in all territories outside of the CFU and Latin American region.

The agreement includes full-match and highlight television broadcast rights for the 2013 Gold Cup, CONCACAF's biennial championship for national teams, the 2012/13 and 2013/14 editions of the CONCACAF Champions League, the UNCAF Copa Centroamericana, as well as next year's CONCACAF Men's Under-17 and Under-20 Championships.

World Sport Group is Asia's leading sports marketing, media and event management company, while Traffic Sports USA, based in Miami, is a football event management company.

Over the years, Traffic Sports has had the rights to competitions in the CFU region.

CONCACAF officials are anticipating a significant increase in revenue, as a result of this new joint initiative between Traffic Sports and World Sport .

—CMC

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Jack Warner Thread.
« Reply #1804 on: September 27, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »
Posted on WIRED868  27th September

Mr. Kenneth Gordon

Chairman

The Integrity Commission of Trinidad & Tobago

3rd & 4th Floors, UTC Financial Centre

82 Independence Square

Port of Spain

Dear Mr. Gordon,

We write to enquire on the status of requests we made of the Integrity Commission via letters dated April 2, 2012 and July 26, 2012 (enclosed for ease of reference) with regard to the pursuit of investigations into matters involving Mr. Jack Warner.  We are thankful for your letter dated August 8, 2012 acknowledging receipt of the latter.

We respectfully reiterate our belief that urgent consideration be given to pursuing these matters. 

In light of the assertions by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) which included the suggestion that Mr. Warner might have held an account(s) where funds may have been co-mingled, we call on you to, if within your scope of authority, request from all banks in Trinidad & Tobago, any and all information on accounts to which Mr. Warner was and remains a signatory so that a forensic audit can be conducted. 

The supporting documentation provided with the September 27th letter raises grave concerns about a Local Organizing Committee (LOC) Germany 2006 bank account over which it seems Mr. Warner had exclusive control.  This account was found to be active as recently as 2009.

We look forward your response.

Respectfully,

Kirk Waithe

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warner: I never made money from football
« Reply #1805 on: October 09, 2012, 03:58:14 AM »
Warner: I never made money from football.
T&T Newsday Reports.

NATIONAL Security Minister Jack Warner yesterday alleged mismanagement at the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation as he sought to explain a letter written by him urging Sports Minister Anil Roberts to not authorise funds to the entity.

On Friday, Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley raised the issue of a letter dated April 20 from Warner, then Works Minister, to Roberts. Rowley said this letter in relation to TTFF funding came amid a FIFA ban of Warner, pending probe into FIFA bribery allegations.

Warner yesterday said he never gained from football at any stage in his career.

“At no point in time have I ever tried to make money on football in Trinidad and Tobago,” Warner said. “I was not banned from football anywhere by anyone at anytime.

No one banned me from football. I have been in football for 29 consecutive years. And everything I have done in my life have been for football. Nobody before me has done more than what I have done for football in this country. And it will take a long time for anybody after me to do that.”

Warner’s statements came amid lingering questions over allegation of bribery in relation to the 2011 FIFA presidential elections in which he has failed to deny handing out thousands in cash to members of the Caribbean Football Union at a meeting at the Hyatt Regency, Port-of-Spain.

Warner was also involved in a FIFA ticketing scandal where a travel agency tied to his family was alleged to have profited. He was reported to have been made to pay a fine.

While Warner said he was never banned, he was in fact suspended from football last year, during the probe of the bribery investigations, shortly before he quit his plush post as FIFA vice-president in a move which triggered FIFA (for unclear reasons) to end its investigations against him.

Warner also was heavily criticised in a ruling of the Court of Arbitration for Sport for administering a secret US-dollar football bank account.

Years ago, Warner was criticised for overselling a highly-anticipated football match at the National Stadium.

Warner accussed the TTFF of mismanagement, in particular its president Tony Harford. He criticised Harford for taking a 15 percent fee on $11 million in funding, contrasting this with NIB’s 1.5 percent fee for billions in projects.

“I thought it was wrong to charge 15 percent,” Warner said. “I don’t care what anybody says it was wrong. And that has to change.”

Warner did not say whether fees should inversely relate to the scale of sums under management. He also criticised the rental of a property at Anna Street, Woodbrook, for $46,000 a month. He said he, and his family, housed the TTFF rent free at Dundonald Street for four years.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner: I never made money from football
« Reply #1806 on: October 09, 2012, 05:37:00 AM »
“At no point in time have I ever tried to make money on football in Trinidad and Tobago,” Warner said. “I was not banned from football anywhere by anyone at anytime.

Just one for you...

Explain Simpaul yuh dutty stinking lying mudder cnut!  :pissedoff:

Warner did not say whether fees should inversely relate to the scale of sums under management. He also criticised the rental of a property at Anna Street, Woodbrook, for $46,000 a month. He said he, and his family, housed the TTFF rent free at Dundonald Street for four years.

and yuh fncking lie!!  :cursing:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 05:38:47 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: October 09, 2012, 05:41:55 AM »
Wow is he for real. Lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: October 09, 2012, 05:47:01 AM »
T&T Newsday Reports.

Warner accussed the TTFF of mismanagement, in particular its president Tony Harford. He criticised Harford for taking a 15 percent fee on $11 million in funding, contrasting this with NIB’s 1.5 percent fee for billions in projects.

“I thought it was wrong to charge 15 percent,” Warner said. “I don’t care what anybody says it was wrong. And that has to change.”

Who get it wrong...the reporter or Warner ?  ???
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: October 09, 2012, 06:26:49 AM »
Remraw, haul yuh lyin' arse!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #1810 on: October 09, 2012, 06:49:57 AM »
The sky is green.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: October 09, 2012, 07:13:19 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cYkqMT6HKD0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cYkqMT6HKD0</a>
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: October 09, 2012, 09:25:38 AM »
So jack never made money from Simpauls or the Center of Excellence?

Diversionary tactics/panic notwithstanding, the issue is not whether you made money or not. Why is the acting prime minister who had claimed to have completely left football behind him now so interested in who runs the cfu?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:38:06 AM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner misquotes himself over controversial letter to Sport Minister
« Reply #1813 on: October 09, 2012, 09:28:45 AM »
Warner misquotes himself over controversial letter
By Mr Live Wire (Wired868.com)

National Security Minister Jack Warner further highlighted the importance of Wired868’s existence yesterday when he misquoted himself during his budget contribution yesterday.

Warner claimed to have told Sport Minister Anil Roberts, in a letter on government letterhead, that: “and therefore I would suggest that you tell them (TTFF) the gravity of the situation that it may even affect their funding.”   

Had the former FIFA vice-president first refreshed his memory by reading Wired868.com, he should have remembered that his words actually were:

“I wish to recommend that no support be provided to the TTFF… I suggest therefore that the government of Trinidad and Tobago do not contribute one cent to any organisation that fails to support the progress of its people.”

Just to be clear, Warner suggested that the organisation which does not support its people is the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) due to its unwillingness to back his friend Harold Taylor—believed to be at least 79-years-old—for the post of Caribbean football president. Incidentally, Warner removed Taylor from a CFU executive post, seven years earlier, on the grounds that he was too old.

Warner was not referring to the Sport Ministry that funds events for private clubs like the Queen’s Park Cricket Club while coaches, taxi drivers, caterers and tutors involved with the national football teams go unpaid. And he certainly did not mean the football body under his watch, which refused to honour commitments to 23 World Cup 2006 squad members and Chaconia Gold medal recipients.

Mr Live Wire knows how much Warner despises shoddy journalism and he must have been livid about misquoting himself. And, worryingly, the National Security Minister knows where Warner lives.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 05:49:25 AM by Flex »

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: October 09, 2012, 09:41:18 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cYkqMT6HKD0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cYkqMT6HKD0</a>

that's ahh good one  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: October 09, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
Remember when the under 17 world cup was hosted in Trinidad in 2002 when your restaurant coal pot was the only company could sell food in the stadiums
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Warner misquotes himself over controversial letter to Sport Minister
« Reply #1816 on: October 09, 2012, 09:45:42 AM »
Lol this man jokey yes
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: October 09, 2012, 10:23:16 AM »
He right...he eh make no money from football, he TAKE money from football!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: October 09, 2012, 10:24:28 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh gorsh, I am weak....

Good one Jack. There is that Trini sense of humour that I love.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: October 09, 2012, 11:21:32 AM »
is this the laugh for the day????

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: October 09, 2012, 11:23:13 AM »
Warner misquotes himself over controversial letter

Posted Tuesday 9 October 2012 by Mr. Live Wire in Good Morning

National Security Minister Jack Warner further highlighted the importance of Wired868 after he misquoted himself during his budget contribution yesterday.

Warner claimed to have told Sport Minister Anil Roberts, in a letter on government letterhead, that: “and therefore I would suggest that you tell them (TTFF) the gravity of the situation that it may even affect their funding.”

Had the former FIFA vice-president first refreshed his memory by reading Wired868.com, he should have remembered that his words actually were:

“I wish to recommend that no support be provided to the TTFF… I suggest therefore that the government of Trinidad and Tobago do not contribute one cent to any organisation that fails to support the progress of its people.”

Just to be clear, Warner suggested that the organisation which does not support its people is the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) due to its unwillingness to back his friend Harold Taylor—believed to be at least 79-years-old—for the post of Caribbean football president. Incidentally, Warner removed Taylor from a CFU executive post, seven years earlier, on the grounds that he was too old.

Warner was not referring to the Sport Ministry that funds events for private clubs like the Queen’s Park Cricket Club while coaches, taxi drivers, caterers and tutors involved with the national football teams go unpaid. And he certainly did not mean the football body under his watch, which refused to honour commitments to 23 World Cup 2006 squad members and Chaconia Gold medal recipients.

Mr Live Wire knows how much Warner despises shoddy journalism and he must have been livid about misquoting himself. And, worryingly, the National Security Minister knows where Warner lives.
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #1821 on: October 09, 2012, 11:46:02 AM »
Lord deliver us from this shameless FOKK!!!!
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: October 09, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »
i had a rather loud  chuckle that progressively grew while reading that

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: October 09, 2012, 12:04:05 PM »
He right...he eh make no money from football, he TAKE money from football!

Big Up!

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

giggsy11

« Reply #1824 on: October 09, 2012, 12:44:05 PM »
T&T Newsday Reports.

NATIONAL Security Minister Jack Warner yesterday alleged mismanagement at the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation as he sought to explain a letter written by him urging Sports Minister Anil Roberts to not authorise funds to the entity.

On Friday, Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley raised the issue of a letter dated April 20 from Warner, then Works Minister, to Roberts. Rowley said this letter in relation to TTFF funding came amid a FIFA ban of Warner, pending probe into FIFA bribery allegations.

Warner yesterday said he never gained from football at any stage in his career.

At no point in time have I ever tried to make money on football in Trinidad and Tobago,” Warner said. “I was not banned from football anywhere by anyone at anytime.

No one banned me from football. I have been in football for 29 consecutive years. And everything I have done in my life have been for football. Nobody before me has done more than what I have done for football in this country. And it will take a long time for anybody after me to do that.”

Warner’s statements came amid lingering questions over allegation of bribery in relation to the 2011 FIFA presidential elections in which he has failed to deny handing out thousands in cash to members of the Caribbean Football Union at a meeting at the Hyatt Regency, Port-of-Spain.

Warner was also involved in a FIFA ticketing scandal where a travel agency tied to his family was alleged to have profited. He was reported to have been made to pay a fine.

While Warner said he was never banned, he was in fact suspended from football last year, during the probe of the bribery investigations, shortly before he quit his plush post as FIFA vice-president in a move which triggered FIFA (for unclear reasons) to end its investigations against him.

Warner also was heavily criticised in a ruling of the Court of Arbitration for Sport for administering a secret US-dollar football bank account.

Years ago, Warner was criticised for overselling a highly-anticipated football match at the National Stadium.

He is correct-he didn't TRY, he was successful in making money from Trnidad football!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: October 09, 2012, 01:00:35 PM »
this man suffering from convenient amnesia.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: October 09, 2012, 01:10:41 PM »
oh god oh....

we is real cacaholes yes

good fuh we
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: October 09, 2012, 01:53:48 PM »
Poor Jack, he forgettin how to lie about he lies.

Horner go still be he ride or die chick tho.
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: October 09, 2012, 02:59:25 PM »
offtopic

eh dutty wey u does come up wit dem ..........errrrrrr..........."facts"............... jed ???
I pity the fool....

Offline Tierra

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football unites
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: October 09, 2012, 04:26:51 PM »
"Warner yesterday said he never gained from football at any stage in his career".----------- :rotfl:

Mark 8:36 What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul ?

1]; } ?>