April 24, 2024, 05:20:13 AM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 426643 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Lasana Liburd reviews the Jack Warner story
« Reply #2100 on: April 21, 2013, 08:27:58 PM »
"The FBI, in all likelihood, would be next in line for its pound of flesh."

Ah need a front row seat for this one.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: April 21, 2013, 08:35:48 PM »
"The FBI, in all likelihood, would be next in line for its pound of flesh."

Ah need a front row seat for this one.

It better have a long front row. Nuff us have been waitin 4 this day.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: April 21, 2013, 10:05:03 PM »
Good article.
Fellas, excellent result for round 1. See how pressure does buss pipe that some naysayers say could nevah buss.
Now to get focused on planning round 2, the part that Jackulito fears while he is on de backfoot.
He must be made to pay for his shocking fraudulent financial activities. Extradition to the US would be ideal icing on the cake.
Sancho and company, go for the jugular.
It's going to be a long rough ride Jackulito while you're stuck in T&T fearing to travel anywhere beyond Tobago with potentially several frozen international assets and confined children being tormented day in day out because of you.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:40:43 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: April 22, 2013, 01:04:19 AM »
Well said. Thanks for your courage Lasana. T&T can learn a thing or two here.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack dimisses Concacaf probe PM STUNNED
« Reply #2104 on: April 22, 2013, 05:24:13 AM »
Solid read, Mr. Liburd!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Re: Re: Jack dimisses Concacaf probe PM STUNNED
« Reply #2105 on: April 22, 2013, 05:33:29 AM »
I feel saddened for my friends in T and T because your PM is going to be told what to do by foreigners. (Andrew Jennings)

Oh shit
indeed

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: April 22, 2013, 06:57:19 AM »
I feel saddened for my friends in T and T because your PM is going to be told what to do by foreigners. (Andrew Jennings)

Oh shit
indeed

... Ent. Hilarious.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: April 22, 2013, 07:07:13 AM »
“Together we aspire, together we are achieve” became “when it suits me I will conspire, when it suits me I will deceive” as Trinidad and Tobago hurtled down the international transparency index.

There will be a feeling of relief that Warner has finally left Cabinet. But he does not fall alone. He never operated in a vacuum.

Warner is a product of Trinidad and Tobago. His departure is not the end of our society’s longstanding romance with corruption. But, if the two-island republic looks inward, perhaps it might be the start of something more dignified for us all.

:applause: :applause:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: April 22, 2013, 07:17:14 AM »
Thanks to our footballers who stand up for what was right. History will remember them for what they sacrifice. History won't be kind on Warner though, Disgraced politician
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:19:29 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: April 22, 2013, 09:42:58 AM »
PM stunned! :bs: A PM have intelligent advisers, didn't anyone tell her from day one that it would only be a matter of time before JW tsunami come ah shore.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: April 22, 2013, 12:18:30 PM »
brilliant article by lasana liburd!

From Daaga to Roberts to Persad-Bissessar, he spotted a trait that runs deep in Trinidad and Tobago. It can be summarised in two words: “Me first.”

Trinidad and Tobago, despite over 50 years as an independent nation, still appears too politically immature as a people to see the link between corruption and hardship; unable to grasp that millions pocketed and wasted by politicians and their cohorts might have a direct relation to ill-equipped hospitals, unsafe roads, the loss of our gas subsidy,  inadequate basic services like water and, of course, the booming crime scourge.

Warner knew a population inclined more to self-preservation than communal love would turn a blind eye to its neighbour’s suffering once someone felt there was a dollar in it for him. And he preyed on Trinidad and Tobago’s selfish streak for decades.

there is far more here than meets the eye.

no wonder jack does not see himself as a thief. our entire society was his accomplice.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: April 22, 2013, 12:26:24 PM »
brilliant article by lasana liburd!

From Daaga to Roberts to Persad-Bissessar, he spotted a trait that runs deep in Trinidad and Tobago. It can be summarised in two words: “Me first.”

Trinidad and Tobago, despite over 50 years as an independent nation, still appears too politically immature as a people to see the link between corruption and hardship; unable to grasp that millions pocketed and wasted by politicians and their cohorts might have a direct relation to ill-equipped hospitals, unsafe roads, the loss of our gas subsidy,  inadequate basic services like water and, of course, the booming crime scourge.

Warner knew a population inclined more to self-preservation than communal love would turn a blind eye to its neighbour’s suffering once someone felt there was a dollar in it for him. And he preyed on Trinidad and Tobago’s selfish streak for decades.

there is far more here than meets the eye.

no wonder jack does not see himself as a thief. our entire society was his accomplice.

Brilliant 2 d nth power.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: April 22, 2013, 12:30:02 PM »
What country is so morally bankrupt as to be lectured to on matters of corruption by FIFA?

This line was special.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: April 22, 2013, 12:32:32 PM »
What country is so morally bankrupt as to be lectured to on matters of corruption by FIFA?

This line was special.

OUCH it is special in deed. Satan correcking sin eh equivalent to this.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: April 22, 2013, 12:47:17 PM »
This life eh easy nah...watching that Guardian newspaper of Jack in Kamla gallery, I wonder if there's anyone out there who genuinely feeling sorry for JW (apart from family/cronies/benefactors i.e)??

After all is said and done he gone from FIFA bigwig to propping sorrow before he get he marching orders in Phiilipines Trinidad and Tobago.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: April 22, 2013, 12:52:32 PM »
This life eh easy nah...watching that Guardian newspaper of Jack in Kamla gallery, I wonder if there's anyone out there who genuinely feeling sorry for JW (apart from family/cronies/benefactors i.e)??

A co-worker came in my cubicle this morning to help me with some IT stuff.  While here, she started up "....oh gosh ah feeling so sorry for Jack eh....."  hear nah world war 3 nearly break out!!!  ah run she out mih cubicle!!!   :cursing:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: April 22, 2013, 12:55:23 PM »
 :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: April 22, 2013, 12:57:49 PM »

After all is said and done he gone from FIFA bigwig to propping sorrow before he get he marching orders in Phiilipines Trinidad and Tobago.

When Rowley tell him choose 1 he say no I will have both now he has NONE. Arrogance and Greed is a deadly combination.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: April 22, 2013, 01:03:59 PM »

A co-worker came in my cubicle this morning to help me with some IT stuff.  While here, she started up "....oh gosh ah feeling so sorry for Jack eh....."  hear nah world war 3 nearly break out!!!  ah run she out mih cubicle!!!   :cursing:

It have real naive and dumb people dong dey, eh! Shims man!
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: April 22, 2013, 01:27:27 PM »

Yuh should have run her out of the building.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: April 22, 2013, 01:31:42 PM »

It have real naive and dumb people dong dey, eh! Shims man!
Which is why so many voted for him.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: April 22, 2013, 04:35:07 PM »
Jack Warner still denying it.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: April 22, 2013, 05:02:09 PM »
Jack attacking Kamla now
Youtube Channel

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #2123 on: April 22, 2013, 05:11:37 PM »
Jack attacking Kamla now

that statement has many meanings  :yellowcard: :banginghead:  ;D
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: April 22, 2013, 06:18:58 PM »
PM stunned! :bs: A PM have intelligent advisers, didn't anyone tell her from day one that it would only be a matter of time before JW tsunami come ah shore.

Look, the wajang whose head is full of rocks, Growley, made it clear in parliament that Jack should choose between his parliamentary duities or FIFA duties when the UNC/PP won election.'what f--k rockhard pitbull know!' Jack know how to deal with fifa bizness and could separate that from gov't bizness. Not the exact words, but  that is how the responses came out from his supporters. These people never follow football. The football loving public know of Jack's deviant behaviour from the late 70s. Pro-Pioneer, Arthur Suite, etc, using FIFA edict to protect him from gov't interference. The next thing we should demand from FIFA. Any FIFA official who wins or appointed political position HAS to relinquish his FIfa post. No ifs or buts.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: April 22, 2013, 09:00:59 PM »
Express

Jack may face more probes

Story Updated: Apr 22, 2013

Former UNC minister Jack Warner may be very vulnerable to investigation by the Integrity Commission and the Director of Public Prosecutions.

This is the view of former attorney general Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj.

Former Law Association president Dana Seetahal also believes that there may be issues in terms of the Code of Conduct of the Integrity Commission but needs to study the Concacaf Integrity Committee Report more fully to determine whether these issues rise to the standard of an offence.

Chairman of the Integrity Commission Ken Gordon did not want to say much.

Asked yesterday whether the findings of the Concacaf Integrity Committee as well as some of the information in the ongoing expose by head of the Express Investigative Desk, Camini Marajh, would now be matters of interest to the Integrity Commission, Gordon said, “I don’t know why you say whether they would now be of interest.”

Gordon directed the Express to the Integrity Commission’s last report, pointing out that there were some 70 matters being investigated. “That is a good starting point,” he said.

But Maharaj said there might be grounds for a civil and criminal case. He said with regard to the “very serious findings’ of the Simmons Committee and the information in Marajh’s articles, they give rise to possible civil wrong but also possible criminal action. And quite apart from this, it could give rise to grounds for an investigation. It would seem to me that the Attorney General of Trinidad and Tobago has responsibility as the guardian of the public interest to formally send the Simmons Report and the Camini Marajh article to the Commissioner of Police and also write to the Director of Public Prosecutions, sending him a copy, and also a copy to the Integrity Commission,” he said.

Seetahal said the findings of the Simmons Report dealt with actions involving a foreign association and Warner. “This would involve the offence of corruption under our law because corruption under our law would have to do with a State body,” she said, adding that it would not amount to an offence under our law. She said on the issues of “fraudulent conversion or misappropriation,” she would have to study the report in greater detail. She also pointed out that these findings were made without hearing from Warner, who chose not to give testimony. She said the Australian government’s position was interesting because they said they sent a certain amount of money to be used for a clear purpose and they were asking for accounting insofar as that purpose is concerned. On Marajh’s articles, she said once there are issues as to conduct in Trinidad and Tobago, then “our authorities should properly investigate it”. She said Warner must want to see an investigation to have these matters put to rest if he is innocent and they (the allegations) are all malicious as he says.

On the resignation, Seetahal said Warner did the right thing. “To continue would have been an embarrassment to the Government and bearing in mind that the entire Simmons report was made public internationally, it would have been an embarrassment for the country.

She said the report had not merely allegations, but “conclusions” of fraud. She said the former minister (Warner) must have recognised the angst the report would have caused many people, including the Prime Minister.

Maharaj said the resignation was long overdue. But up to 48 hours prior to the announcement of his resignation, Warner was saying that he was not going to resign, so the question was, what caused him to change his mind within the last 24 to 48 hours. Maharaj said it also showed that the Prime Minister was a very weak leader, because she should have taken steps months ago to have Warner removed from the Cabinet. He said the members of the Partnership collectively accepted Warner as a fit and proper member of the Cabinet. “So the entire Government is contaminated and this (issue) needs a fresh mandate from the population.”

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Jack-may-face-more-probes-204210771.html
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:45:58 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2126 on: April 23, 2013, 04:12:28 AM »
Bank Account Maze
Jack made up his own $$ rules
By Camini Marajh: Head, Investigative Desk

Part V of a Special Investigation

It was no secret that Austin Jack Warner, world football power broker and deep-pocketed political benefactor, made his own rules. The secret was his off-book transactions, misleading financial disclosures and maze of parallel bank accounts relating to all of the football bodies he was associated with.

Persons with knowledge of the situation and sensitive and long sought documents obtained by this newspaper reveal that Warner controlled a slew of official and secret bank accounts in the names of key football bodies, specifically, football’s ruling body for North and Central America and the Caribbean (Concacaf), the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) and LOC Germany 2006 Ltd.

A trusted and influential football figure considered above reproach, Warner maintained a tightly controlled power structure that he put in place which some say is still in force today.

No questions were asked and no explanations were provided, either to the executive staff that managed the affairs of the various football bodies or to the accountants and auditors who signed off the financial statements without qualification.

His accountant-in-chief and general man of business, Kenny Rampersad, a certified accountant of 3A Queen’s Park West, Port of Spain, facilitated and covered up the deceit.

He was also the beneficiary of all of the accounting briefs, from all of the football bodies, and in some cases, he was both bookkeeper and auditor.

Investigations by the Express found that Warner funnelled tens of millions of public and private sector money into parallel bank accounts, often held at the same branch as the official bank accounts.

For instance, the Republic Bank account on Tragarete Road, Port of Spain in which disgraced ex-AFC (Asian Football Confederation) president Mohamed bin Hammam wire transferred US$250,000 to Warner in 2008, was not known to CFU officials.

CFU officials had knowledge of only two accounts, a TT-dollar and US-dollar at that bank. All of the CFU accounts at that branch, official and secret, were controlled by Warner.

In the case of the secret CFU account, the International Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS), found evidence of commingling of private Warner money and CFU funds.

Read More

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 04:53:50 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #2127 on: April 23, 2013, 09:23:55 AM »

Congress of the People (COP) member and attorney Carol Cuffy-Dowlat believes the media influenced Jack Warner’s resignation as National Security Minister and United National Congress (UNC) chairman.
It had nothing to do with fraud and corruption levelled against Warner. No not that!!!!!!!!!! :pissedoff:

Rally round embattled former minister Jack Warner and come out in your numbers on Friday.
This was the call made by Health Minister Dr Fuad Khan yesterday who stood in defence of Warner saying that he should not have tendered his resignation but should have cleared his name against all the allegations made against him. :bs: :laugh:

One day after he was appointed Minister of National Security, Emmanuel George said he intends to tackle the crime problem “head-on”. Really? Says he wants to follow in Jack's footsteps. :laugh:

Daryan Warner in an interview with TV6 News yesterday said that he was both relieved and disappointed at his father’s resignation from the post of National Security Minister. :P

Acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams when asked if the police would be investigating allegations of fraud levelled at Warner, said the police only investigate allegations that have been reported to them. Called Jack a man of action. :bs: :cursing: :rotfl: :laugh:

PM does not direct her AG to conduct further investigations into the Integrity Committee findings.
AG is silent. DPP is silent. Minister of Justice is silent. Integrity Commission on vacation in plain sight.

Okay, where are the real law enforcement professionals
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:26:43 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: April 23, 2013, 10:02:16 AM »
Acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams when asked if the police would be investigating allegations of fraud levelled at Warner, said the police only investigate allegations that have been reported to them.

So, let me understand this clearly. The global press printing evidence of alleged fraud and a full 108 page report is available online, but because nobody has said "Mr Williams, I'd like to report Jack Warner for fraud" he cannot investigate?

So, how about sw.net do a petition reporting the allegations against Jack and ask him to investigate? After all, the poor man must be confused and very hurt that nobody has reported these crimes to him.

At least we now know that TTPS are not concerned with detecting crime.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: April 23, 2013, 04:33:22 PM »
Lasana on Sportmax zone now.
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>