April 24, 2024, 03:42:38 AM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 426633 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Jack Warner Thread.
« Reply #2520 on: June 12, 2015, 02:51:36 PM »

We this .... We that ......!!! Who is We, here? Not me! Maybe you voted for the party who put him in them positions. .......
WE is Trinidad & Tobago. No one man is an Island.. When the warriors win (or lose) is not them alone make that accomplishment. I unfortunately do not have opportunity to vote, but as you might know/remember Deeks, I got exiled to foreign, cause I don't let the chips fall where they may, if I'm in a position to express a protest. My parents probably saved my life, by allowing me different perspectives, helping me make better choices in who, what and when to stand up.
ps: I not vex.. remember I said, and meant, I rather we don't go World Cup. Yet, I didn't wish bad on the final decision made. WE went World Cup.

I understand the collective we. We put aside our differences for a cause.  But the minute UNC brought Jack on board,I at least, wanted nothing to do with them. Like I said before, the staying power of this forum was energize by the evil ways of Jack. How the hell you, me, we could embrace a political macajuel like Jack. We see what this man did with the Warriors. All the goodwill of 06 WC went thru the window like a tsunami when Jack treated the boys like shit. The irony of all irony, was Patos giving them 1 million each for their heroic performance in Germany.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: June 12, 2015, 03:09:10 PM »
from galvanize tv

Some body need to tell him de truth what the means.

Hall Yuh Dutty Mudda C00nt

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: June 12, 2015, 10:37:17 PM »

More U.S. TV fun. Keith Olbermann

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtGeAd3TtPY

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2523 on: June 14, 2015, 07:55:31 AM »
Ganja found at PM's home...and we hid it
By Denyse Renne (Express).

SMOKEOUT

Former national security minister Jack Warner has admitted he and former deputy commissioner of police Mervyn Richardson were part of a plan to bury the alleged discovery of marijuana at the Phillipine home of the Prime Minister on April 12, 2013.

The Prime Minister was in New York, USA, at the time.

Warner also named Gary Griffith, then adviser to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal as being part of the plan to ensure there was no criminal probe into the alleged marijuana discovery.

Richardson, when contacted yesterday morning by the Sunday Express, refused to comment on the allegation made against him by the Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader and Chaguanas West MP.

In a statement dated June 6, 2015, submitted to Justice of the Peace Anthony Soulette, who stamped and signed it, Warner outlined how Richardson came to Parliament and told him about the alleged drug find.

Warner's statement forms part of a dossier of documents and taped conversations he has promised to deliver to selected attorneys for safe keeping to expose corruption in the Government.

Warner is currently on bail and will re-appear at the Port of Spain Magistrates' Court on July 9. He has indicated he will be contesting any request by the US to have him extradited to answer charges of racketeering and money laundering.

The indictment against Warner follows four years of investigations by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) authorities into allegations of “rampant and systemic” corruption and rich self-dealing by FIFA officials.

On June 3, the US requested, through Interpol, that Warner and five other officials be placed on “red notice”.

Richardson retired from the Police Service in November 2013 and has been retained by the National Operations Centre as its strategic co-ordinator of Multi-Agency Co-ordinating Group. He has had his leave bought out on two occasions by the Government.

While in the Police Service, he headed several high-profile investigations, among them Emailgate.

The Sunday Express asked Richardson yesterday:

Mr Richardson, it is our information that you went to Parliament while it was in process on April 12, 2013, and met with Warner, where you informed him that four ounces of marijuana had been found outside a window of the PM's Phillipine home.

Richardson: I wouldn't comment on that.

Sunday Express: Do you recall that happening?

Richardson: I wouldn't be commenting on those matters.

Sunday Express: Is it that it didn't happen or you can't remember?

Richardson: Ms Renne, I said I will not be commenting on those matters.

Sunday Express: Shortly after this discovery, you left the service and were placed in charge of the Rapid Response Unit. Were you part of a cover-up, and this position your payment?

Richardson: Ms Renne, I would not be commenting on those matters. Have a great day.

On Friday evening, the Sunday Express was shown a copy of the police diary entry, which stated 113 grammes of marijuana were found on the Philippine premises around 7 a.m. on April 12, 2013, during a routine patrol.

Warner, in his statement to the JP, said Richardson came to Parliament on April 12, 2013, while a sitting was in progress and they went into a private room at the Parliament.

He said, “The DCP informed me that the PM's security officers at her residence in Phillipine had found that morning a packet containing 4 ozs of marijuana outside a window of the PM's Phillipine home, and according to DCP Richardson, based in the amount it can be for the purpose of trafficking”.

Warner said he was told by Richardson that Snr Supt of Special Branch Gary Gould was in charge of the Prime Minister's detail and he (Richardson) would speak to Gould.

“I immediately called Dr Roodal Moonilal, Leader of Government Business, from the Parliament and asked him how we should deal with this matter,” Warner wrote.

Moonilal advised that the Prime Minister be called and told what occurred since she was in New York at the time, according to Warner.

Warner said he did so and “the PM seemed surprised and said that she should return home immediately and asked whether she should return home and resign”.

“She then spoke with DCP Richardson, who again informed her of what he had told me.

“I prevailed upon her not to resign, but that we (Moonilal, Richardson, Captain Gary Griffith, who had been informed, and I) would use our best efforts to bury it and up to today we did.”

Contacted last Friday by the Sunday Express, Warner said he would not comment at this time, except to say, “I will be revealing more at my meeting on Thursday night. I promised the PM, the gloves are off.”

Countless calls to Persad-Bissessar and Moonilal on Friday and yesterday, as well as several text messages seeking a comment, went unanswered.

The Sunday Express also contacted press officer Francis Joseph, who said he would try to obtain a response from Persad-Bissessar, but up to press time last night there was no response.

The questions posed to the Prime Minister:

• Good morning Mrs Persad-Bissessar. I am writing an article for tomorrow's paper and would like a comment from you. On or around April 2013, four ounces of marijuana were found at your Phillipine home. Can you confirm or deny?

• Did Mr Mervyn Richardson have a conversation with you regarding this find?

Special Branch head: Richardson didn't tell me anything

The Sunday Express contacted Gary Gould yesterday morning. Gould is currently a DCP and also the deputy head at Special Branch.

Asked whether he knew about the find at the Prime Minister's residence in April 2013, Gould said, “I'm not aware of this.”

Quizzed on whether Richardson relayed this information to him, Gould said no.

Asked whether he was sure Richardson never informed him of the find, given that he (Gould) headed the Special Branch at the time, Gould said, “Something like that, I would have remembered being told to me.”

The Sunday Express asked whether it was mandatory such a report should have come to him. Gould say yes.

Contacted yesterday morning, acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams said he needed an opportunity to look into the matter.

“I have to look at the records of 2013 and I have no access to those records now. I'm sure if it's Special Branch, there would be records,” Williams said.

Griffith responds: Ask the police

In an e-mailed response sent yesterday evening, Gary Griffith refused to confirm or deny he was privy to the alleged incident.

He instead told the Sunday Express to check with the police.

He said when he operated as a minister of National Security, “I am obliged to still stress that it would be inappropriate to make any statement on any such allegation.

“Based on this report, it would be the police who should comment on this allegation. Having said that, let me make it abundantly clear it is impossible for any Government official to give any police officer an order to cover up any matter that warrants a police investigation or a possible charge for someone committing a criminal offence. They have no authority to do so.

“The Police Service comes under the Ministry of National Security for administration, policy and logistics support services.

“It is not in any remote way under the authority of Government officials, inclusive of National Security, National Security Council or Office of the Prime Minister, for operational purposes, which includes investigations and reporting a crime.

“For any further information reference the above, the T&T Police Service is the best avenue to answer any further questions.”

Edited text of the statement by Jack Warner

My name is Jack Austin Warner.

I was elected to Parliament on May 24, 2010, for the Chaguanas West constituency, copping the highest number of votes for any one candidate in that election.

On June 1, 2010, I was appointed Minister of Works and Transport, and later Minister of Works and Infrastructure.

On June 25, 2012, I was appointed Minister of National Security, a post from which I resigned on April 20, 2013. Prior to this, I had acted as Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago on no less than four occasions. In fact, I was the first minister to be appointed by the Prime Minister to act for her when she had to travel in August 2010.

As Minister of National Security, the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service was one of the agencies under my portfolio.

On Friday, April 12, 2013, DCP Mervyn Richardson came to Parliament (where sitting was in progress) and called me out. We went to a private room in the Parliament, where the DCP informed me that the PM's security officers at her residence in Philippine had found that morning a packet containing 4 ozs of marijuana outside a window of the Prime Minister's Philippine home, and according to DCP Richardson, based on the amount, it can be for the purpose of trafficking.

DCP Richardson also advised me that Senior Superintendent Special Branch Gary Gould was in charge of the Prime Minister's security detail and that he would speak to him.

I immediately called Dr Roodal Moonilal, Leader of Government Business, from the Parliament and asked him how we should deal with this matter.

He suggested that I should immediately call the Prime Minister overseas in New York and inform her, which I did.

The Prime Minister seemed surprised and said that she will return home immediately and asked whether she should return home and resign.

She then spoke with DCP Richardson, who again informed her of what he had told me. I prevailed upon her not to resign, but that instead we (Moonilal, Richardson, Captain Gary Griffith, who had been informed, and I) would use our best efforts to bury it, and up to today we did.

All of the above can be easily corroborated in the following ways:

1. By seeking the advice of Senior Superintendent Gary Gould, Head of the Special Branch;
2. By inspecting the police diary for the morning of April 12, 2013;
3. By seeking the advice on the matter from DCP Mervyn Richardson and Captain Gary Griffith. Consistent with his current behaviour, it will serve no useful purpose to interview Dr Moonilal;
4. TSTT (Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago) or DCP should be able to produce pictures of the marijuana which picture Richardson had on his mobile phone.

Respectfully submitted,
Jack Warner
Member of Parliament
Chaguanas West Constituency
June 6, 2015

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: June 14, 2015, 08:30:07 AM »
Breds, 4 oz outside the window? Is this a joke or what?

Ganja found at PM's home...and we hid it
By Denyse Renne (Express).

SMOKEOUT

Former national security minister Jack Warner has admitted he and former deputy commissioner of police Mervyn Richardson were part of a plan to bury the alleged discovery of marijuana at the Phillipine home of the Prime Minister on April 12, 2013.

The Prime Minister was in New York, USA, at the time.

Warner also named Gary Griffith, then adviser to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal as being part of the plan to ensure there was no criminal probe into the alleged marijuana discovery.

Richardson, when contacted yesterday morning by the Sunday Express, refused to comment on the allegation made against him by the Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader and Chaguanas West MP.

In a statement dated June 6, 2015, submitted to Justice of the Peace Anthony Soulette, who stamped and signed it, Warner outlined how Richardson came to Parliament and told him about the alleged drug find.

Warner's statement forms part of a dossier of documents and taped conversations he has promised to deliver to selected attorneys for safe keeping to expose corruption in the Government.

Warner is currently on bail and will re-appear at the Port of Spain Magistrates' Court on July 9. He has indicated he will be contesting any request by the US to have him extradited to answer charges of racketeering and money laundering.

The indictment against Warner follows four years of investigations by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) authorities into allegations of “rampant and systemic” corruption and rich self-dealing by FIFA officials.

On June 3, the US requested, through Interpol, that Warner and five other officials be placed on “red notice”.

Richardson retired from the Police Service in November 2013 and has been retained by the National Operations Centre as its strategic co-ordinator of Multi-Agency Co-ordinating Group. He has had his leave bought out on two occasions by the Government.

While in the Police Service, he headed several high-profile investigations, among them Emailgate.

The Sunday Express asked Richardson yesterday:

Mr Richardson, it is our information that you went to Parliament while it was in process on April 12, 2013, and met with Warner, where you informed him that four ounces of marijuana had been found outside a window of the PM's Phillipine home.

Richardson: I wouldn't comment on that.

Sunday Express: Do you recall that happening?

Richardson: I wouldn't be commenting on those matters.

Sunday Express: Is it that it didn't happen or you can't remember?

Richardson: Ms Renne, I said I will not be commenting on those matters.

Sunday Express: Shortly after this discovery, you left the service and were placed in charge of the Rapid Response Unit. Were you part of a cover-up, and this position your payment?

Richardson: Ms Renne, I would not be commenting on those matters. Have a great day.

On Friday evening, the Sunday Express was shown a copy of the police diary entry, which stated 113 grammes of marijuana were found on the Philippine premises around 7 a.m. on April 12, 2013, during a routine patrol.

Warner, in his statement to the JP, said Richardson came to Parliament on April 12, 2013, while a sitting was in progress and they went into a private room at the Parliament.

He said, “The DCP informed me that the PM's security officers at her residence in Phillipine had found that morning a packet containing 4 ozs of marijuana outside a window of the PM's Phillipine home, and according to DCP Richardson, based in the amount it can be for the purpose of trafficking”.

Warner said he was told by Richardson that Snr Supt of Special Branch Gary Gould was in charge of the Prime Minister's detail and he (Richardson) would speak to Gould.

“I immediately called Dr Roodal Moonilal, Leader of Government Business, from the Parliament and asked him how we should deal with this matter,” Warner wrote.

Moonilal advised that the Prime Minister be called and told what occurred since she was in New York at the time, according to Warner.

Warner said he did so and “the PM seemed surprised and said that she should return home immediately and asked whether she should return home and resign”.

“She then spoke with DCP Richardson, who again informed her of what he had told me.

“I prevailed upon her not to resign, but that we (Moonilal, Richardson, Captain Gary Griffith, who had been informed, and I) would use our best efforts to bury it and up to today we did.”

Contacted last Friday by the Sunday Express, Warner said he would not comment at this time, except to say, “I will be revealing more at my meeting on Thursday night. I promised the PM, the gloves are off.”

Countless calls to Persad-Bissessar and Moonilal on Friday and yesterday, as well as several text messages seeking a comment, went unanswered.

The Sunday Express also contacted press officer Francis Joseph, who said he would try to obtain a response from Persad-Bissessar, but up to press time last night there was no response.

The questions posed to the Prime Minister:

• Good morning Mrs Persad-Bissessar. I am writing an article for tomorrow's paper and would like a comment from you. On or around April 2013, four ounces of marijuana were found at your Phillipine home. Can you confirm or deny?

• Did Mr Mervyn Richardson have a conversation with you regarding this find?

Special Branch head: Richardson didn't tell me anything

The Sunday Express contacted Gary Gould yesterday morning. Gould is currently a DCP and also the deputy head at Special Branch.

Asked whether he knew about the find at the Prime Minister's residence in April 2013, Gould said, “I'm not aware of this.”

Quizzed on whether Richardson relayed this information to him, Gould said no.

Asked whether he was sure Richardson never informed him of the find, given that he (Gould) headed the Special Branch at the time, Gould said, “Something like that, I would have remembered being told to me.”

The Sunday Express asked whether it was mandatory such a report should have come to him. Gould say yes.

Contacted yesterday morning, acting Commissioner of Police Stephen Williams said he needed an opportunity to look into the matter.

“I have to look at the records of 2013 and I have no access to those records now. I'm sure if it's Special Branch, there would be records,” Williams said.

Griffith responds: Ask the police

In an e-mailed response sent yesterday evening, Gary Griffith refused to confirm or deny he was privy to the alleged incident.

He instead told the Sunday Express to check with the police.

He said when he operated as a minister of National Security, “I am obliged to still stress that it would be inappropriate to make any statement on any such allegation.

“Based on this report, it would be the police who should comment on this allegation. Having said that, let me make it abundantly clear it is impossible for any Government official to give any police officer an order to cover up any matter that warrants a police investigation or a possible charge for someone committing a criminal offence. They have no authority to do so.

“The Police Service comes under the Ministry of National Security for administration, policy and logistics support services.

“It is not in any remote way under the authority of Government officials, inclusive of National Security, National Security Council or Office of the Prime Minister, for operational purposes, which includes investigations and reporting a crime.

“For any further information reference the above, the T&T Police Service is the best avenue to answer any further questions.”

Edited text of the statement by Jack Warner

My name is Jack Austin Warner.

I was elected to Parliament on May 24, 2010, for the Chaguanas West constituency, copping the highest number of votes for any one candidate in that election.

On June 1, 2010, I was appointed Minister of Works and Transport, and later Minister of Works and Infrastructure.

On June 25, 2012, I was appointed Minister of National Security, a post from which I resigned on April 20, 2013. Prior to this, I had acted as Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago on no less than four occasions. In fact, I was the first minister to be appointed by the Prime Minister to act for her when she had to travel in August 2010.

As Minister of National Security, the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service was one of the agencies under my portfolio.

On Friday, April 12, 2013, DCP Mervyn Richardson came to Parliament (where sitting was in progress) and called me out. We went to a private room in the Parliament, where the DCP informed me that the PM's security officers at her residence in Philippine had found that morning a packet containing 4 ozs of marijuana outside a window of the Prime Minister's Philippine home, and according to DCP Richardson, based on the amount, it can be for the purpose of trafficking.

DCP Richardson also advised me that Senior Superintendent Special Branch Gary Gould was in charge of the Prime Minister's security detail and that he would speak to him.

I immediately called Dr Roodal Moonilal, Leader of Government Business, from the Parliament and asked him how we should deal with this matter.

He suggested that I should immediately call the Prime Minister overseas in New York and inform her, which I did.

The Prime Minister seemed surprised and said that she will return home immediately and asked whether she should return home and resign.

She then spoke with DCP Richardson, who again informed her of what he had told me. I prevailed upon her not to resign, but that instead we (Moonilal, Richardson, Captain Gary Griffith, who had been informed, and I) would use our best efforts to bury it, and up to today we did.

All of the above can be easily corroborated in the following ways:

1. By seeking the advice of Senior Superintendent Gary Gould, Head of the Special Branch;
2. By inspecting the police diary for the morning of April 12, 2013;
3. By seeking the advice on the matter from DCP Mervyn Richardson and Captain Gary Griffith. Consistent with his current behaviour, it will serve no useful purpose to interview Dr Moonilal;
4. TSTT (Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago) or DCP should be able to produce pictures of the marijuana which picture Richardson had on his mobile phone.

Respectfully submitted,
Jack Warner
Member of Parliament
Chaguanas West Constituency
June 6, 2015

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 10:50:33 AM by Flex »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: June 14, 2015, 03:05:49 PM »
4oz is a good bit, Deeks. It only sounding small
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2526 on: June 14, 2015, 03:29:16 PM »
FA fear FBI probe with troubling questions in FIFA scandal after schmoozing former vice-president Jack Warner, a trip to Prince Charles' home and a £135,000 sweetener
dailymail.co.uk.

It was in late April 2000 that Jack Warner arrived in England from Trinidad for his latest visit to see his friends at the Football Association and enjoy their hospitality, as England’s bid to host the 2006 World Cup moved up a gear.

On landing in London, Warner, a FIFA vice-president, long-time key player within the world governing body and a man with three vital CONCACAF votes in his pocket, was guided to a special flight to Manchester, where he was a guest of honour at Old Trafford as United beat Chelsea 3-2.

Dwight Yorke opened the scoring. Dan Petrescu and Gianfranco Zola put Chelsea ahead. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Yorke sealed the three points.

Warner, then 57, flew back south for a government dinner in his honour hosted by Chris Smith, the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport.

It was a lavish occasion in private rooms at the Tower of London. The FA then laid on a helicopter for Warner, who hopped aboard with Sports Minister Tony Banks and took a sightseeing trip across the capital, landing at Wembley for an exclusive look at the FA’s plans for the new stadium.

An official FA report later spoke of the ‘warm relations’ by then established between Warner and FA chairman Geoff Thompson.

So warm, in fact, that the very same trip, the FA said, ‘resulted in the signing and issue of a declaration of intent under which the FA, over a five-year period, would extend further help with the development of football in the Caribbean and Central America’.

The precise cost of this initiative is not public, nor have the FA been able to put a figure on it. It is not itemised in FA accounts. It is estimated at somewhere between hundreds of thousands of pounds and low millions.

It is not believed to have involved straight cash handouts, although cash was spent on various sponsorship and functions for Warner’s pet projects back then and over many years since.

Such largesse from the FA can be interpreted in several ways. At one extreme it is altruistic development funding for a needy part of the global game. At the other it is bribery.

The truth is almost certainly found in the grey middle ground, where support and rewards in football politics have for so long gone hand in hand.

Another episode of FA ‘charity’ now seems likely to come back to bite them — the writing-off of a £135,000 debt owed to the FA by friends of Warner at the Jamaica FA.

Negotiations for that write-off of a 2006 debt intensified in 2008 at exactly the same time Warner sought another favour from the FA as they prepared to bid to host the 2018 World Cup.

Warner wanted England to play a friendly in Trinidad against his national team, ostensibly to help celebrate the centenary of the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation.

It went ahead and the TTFF earned six-figure sums from ticket sales and more from TV rights for a game in which England were captained by David Beckham. Warner paraded Beckham around the pitch, basking in the reflected glory.

The Jamaican FA were run by Warner’s close friend Horace Burrell, and the issue of the £135,000 was ‘kicked into the long grass’, sources say, because to have written it off then might have looked like a sweetener to please Warner. Burrell always maintained it was written off in 2008.

The Mail on Sunday has established it was finally, secretly written off by the FA in early 2012, although it is not mentioned in the accounts.

Warner is now wanted by the authorities in the USA on a variety of corruption charges. He plans to fight extradition from Trinidad but had to surrender his passport at his local police station last week.

As and when he is forced to go to America and starts talking to investigators, it is considered likely he could share everything he knows about football’s favour culture. The £135,000 deal will inevitably come up.

One former high-ranking FA insider told the MoS: ‘I know the FBI are going to come after us. It’s just a matter of time.’

Another FA source, still working at Wembley, expects the issue to be ‘an embarrassment to the FA rather than a major problem’.

The reality is that Warner has been receiving favours from the FA for almost two decades, and for much of that period the FA regarded him as an ally, even a confidant and sounding board.

Certainly he was seen that way when England were bidding for 2006, and the FA made sure he felt he was valued.

In January 2000, they paid for England manager Kevin Keegan to attend a coaching seminar in Trinidad and meet CONCACAF officials.

The following month, England’s 2006 bid leader, Alex McGivan, took Sir Bobby Charlton to meet CONCACAF officials at the Gold Cup in Los Angeles.

The same month Tony Banks was ordered at short notice to go to Trinidad, where Prince Charles was paying an official visit, to make sure His Royal Highness spent time with Warner and his friends.

Warner had previously been to Prince Charles’s Highgrove House home in Gloucestershire on a trip arranged by the FA.

Using royalty and even Prime Ministers to flatter and influence FIFA officials has become par for the course.
Five years ago, England notoriously sent Charles’s son William as well as David Cameron and Beckham to glad-hand members of FIFA’s executive in Zurich before they voted on the 2018 World Cup.

Infamously, a number of voters told them to their face they would support England and then betrayed their vows. Such is football politics.

In 2000, while Warner was in England on his chopper visit, Sir Geoff Hurst was simultaneously sent on a trip to four Caribbean Islands to meet Warner allies.

The FA reported later: ‘Football leaders there were greatly appreciative of Sir Geoff’s visit but made plain their needs for developmental help.’

In May 2000, England’s bid team asked the British ambassador to Washington, Sir Christopher Meyer, to visit New York and lobby Warner’s closest ally on FIFA’s executive, Chuck Blazer.

The American has already cut a deal with the FBI and pleaded guilty over his role in the current corruption case.

The same month England’s 2006 bid team were involved in ‘heavy branding and sponsorship’ of a CONCACAF meeting in Nassau.

Another unspecified sum was spent on arranging a dinner, with Garth Crooks as compere and Charlton, Hurst and John Barnes among the speakers. Warner and FIFA president Sepp Blatter were the main guests.

Paying for Warner’s supper became a habit of the FA. When the FA were bidding for the 2018 World Cup, they sponsored a $55,000 (£35,000) gala dinner for the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) which the summary of Michael Garcia’s FIFA corruption probe said was to ‘curry favour’ with Warner.

The same report said England’s bid team ‘often accommodated Mr Warner’s wishes in apparent violation of bidding rules and the FIFA Code of Ethics.’

Other examples cited included helping a friend of Warner with a job opportunity in the UK, helping for unspecified favours related to a club he owned in Trinidad and hosting a training camp for the TTFF Under-20s in England in 2009.

Bid sources at the time and now insist they did nothing wrong in the course of courting the votes of Warner and other delegates and say such behaviour was standard practice and within the rules.

They also rightly point out that when Garcia went looking for evidence of corruption in the Russian and Spanish bids for 2018 he was given no access to information or any help; yet on that basis they were effectively deemed clean.

One lesson might be that if you are going to be chummy with somebody long established as corrupt, you should do it discreetly. The FA may yet live to rue cosying up to Jack Warner so much for so long.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2527 on: June 15, 2015, 05:49:13 AM »
The empire that Jack built.
By Suzanne Sheppard (Guardian)

Jack’s million$: Guardian probes under-fire ILP leader’s assets

In recent days, investigative news reports have estimated Warner’s wealth to be approximately $1 billion. However, it is difficult to gauge the full extent of his fortune since assets are scattered across a very diverse range of business operations, as well as several local and overseas bank accounts.

He is a former schoolteacher whose ascent to positions of power in world football and T&T politics began when he became secretary of the T&T Football Association in 1973.

Austin “Jack” Warner rose from humble beginnings in Rio Claro in south Trinidad, to become president of Concacaf, vice president of Fifa, as well as a senior cabinet minister in the People’s Partnership (PP) administration of Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar. Along the way, he also developed a large family-owned business empire, with establishments across T&T.

there are various ventures, many of them very lucrative, in which Warner, his wife Maureen, and their two sons Darryl and Daryan are listed as directors and majority stakeholders. The Warner family has been under intense scrutiny ever since their patriarch was indicted on May 27 by the US Department of Justice for a series of offences including racketeering, fraud and money laundering. He has also been placed on a wanted persons list by Interpol.

The Independent Liberal Party (ILP) political leader and Chaguanas West MP is currently out on bail, fighting attempts to have him extradited to the United States to face charges. Warner’s two sons have already pleaded guilty to corruption charges and are co-operating with United States investigators. Daryan agreed to forfeit more than US$1.1 million as part of his plea bargain on charges of wire fraud, money laundering and evading financial reporting laws.

Never a stranger to controversy, Warner’s wealth increased as he gained more influence and higher administrative positions within the governing body for football. In 2011, at the time when he parted company with Fifa, Warner’s wealth had been estimated at US$50 million. He and his family reportedly own or have significant stakes in a large number of businesses, ranging from security firms to catering, janitorial services and publishing, as well as vast real estate holdings.

Here are the Jack Warner holdings that we were able to verify:

The Centre of Excellence

Said to be worth US$2.5 million, the multi-purpose facility is currently the subject of a legal dispute between Warner and Fifa. Warner has denied the football organisation’s claim that the facility, which is located in Macoya, was signed over to his family. However, documents obtained by the T&T Guardian in 2013 showed that it is jointly owned by two companies—CCAM and Company Ltd and Renraw Investments Ltd—both part of the Warner family’s business empire. Renraw is “Warner” spelt backwards.

Fifa said it has taken legal steps to recover the ownership of the centre which was a gift from its Brazil-born former president Joao Havelange to the Caribbean Football Union.

Originally intended to be a state-of-the-art training and learning facility for use by Concacaf members, the Centre of Excellence includes the 6,000-seat Marvin Lee Stadium with a full-sized practice field and two mini-fields; the Ken Galt Hall which can accommodate a maximum of 800 people; the Joseph Sepp Blatter Hall with a capacity of 2,000; the Nelson Mandela Room; Le Sportel Inn, which has 44 rooms; Garden Sanctuary; Guillermo Canedo Hall which accommodates a maximum of 6,500; and the Andre Kamperveen Hall.

Simpaul Travel Services Ltd

Established by Warner and his wife, Maureen, in 1997, the company has its main offices at St Vincent Street in Port-of-Spain. Its motto is: We are not a travel agency that does football, we are a football company that happens to work in the travel industry.

The agency secured all of the travel business of the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) during the time when Warner was special adviser to the local football body and his associates, Oliver Camps and Richard Groden, were top TTFF officials. Groden secured Simpaul’s credentials with Fifa’s Ticketing Office (FTO) by naming the agency as the official tour operator of the TTFF.

The agency first came into the spotlight following T&T’s qualification for the 2006 World Cup in Germany when it was investigated by Fifa. According to reports, starting in June 2005, the travel agency was used to sell thousands of World Cup packages of rooms and tickets to agents around the world.

It was further alleged that Warner and his son Daryan, who is listed as managing director of Simpaul, cleared a profit of at least £500,000 on 5,400 tickets for England, Mexico and Japan World Cup matches. However, Warner was subsequently cleared of those allegations by Fifa’s Ethics Committee.

The agency later surfaced in another football controversy when former Fifa presidential candidate Mohamed bin Hammam, in defence of charges brought against him by Fifa’s Ethics Committee, claimed he transferred $2.3 million to the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) to cover travelling and accommodation expenses of delegates at a two-day CFU meeting at the Hyatt Regency in Port-of-Spain. The travelling expenses and bookings were done via Simpaul.

Concacaf’s T&T offices

Among Warner’s many real estate assets in Port-of-Spain is the office building on St Vincent Street, which houses the local operations of Concacaf. The regional football body reportedly pays him nearly US$750,000 a year in rent for that office space.

Emerald Apartments and Plaza

In 1998, the Warner family purchased the Scarlet Ibis Hotel in St Augustine for $6 million and transformed the aging six-storey hotel into elegantly appointed two and three-bedroom apartments and penthouses. Company records show the facility as being run by Warner’s elder son, Daryl.

Kantac Plaza

Located at 131 Eastern Main Road in Warner’s hometown, Arouca, it houses several businesses including the offices of Sunshine Newspaper and Joe Public Football Club.

Joe Public FC

Jack Warner is listed as owner of the popular football club with Darryl as managing director and Vijay Bahgan and Sam Phillips as directors.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2528 on: June 15, 2015, 05:52:09 AM »
Take it to the FBI.
By Anna Ramdass (Express).

In dismissing allegations by Jack Warner that he was involved in covering up marijuana found at her private residence two years ago, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar yesterday challenged Warner to take his information to the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and local police.

“More lies and distractions which I have placed in the hands of my lawyers, should Mr Warner have any information about any wrong doing he should take it to the police and the FBI,” the Prime Minister told the Express.

Warner submitted a statement dated June 6, 2015 to Justice of the Peace Anthony Soulette in which he claimed that on Friday April 12, 2013, former deputy Commissioner of Police Mervyn Richardson came to the Parliament and informed him (Warner) that a packet containing four ounces of marijuana was found outside a window of Persad-Bissessar's private Phillipine residence.

Warner, who was National Security Minister at the time, stated that he called Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal who advised him to contact the Prime Minister who was in New York at the time.

Warner claimed when he contacted the Prime Minister, she was surprised and enquired whether she should return home immediately and resign.

He claimed further that he advised Persad-Bissessar to not resign as he and others- Richardson, Moonilal as well as former national security adviser Gary Griffith - would cover up the ganja find.

Allegations untrue

Legal sources close to the Prime Minister said that Warner's allegations were untrue because Persad-Bissessar was never out of the country when the marijuana was allegedly found at the house.

The Express checked the archives which show that Persad-Bissessar left Trinidad on April 14, 2013, for New York where she was scheduled to address the United Nations on Monday June 15 on “The UN and Global Economic Governance”.

A release from the Office of the Prime Minister was issued to the media giving notice of Persad-Bissessar's departure.

The Express was told by officials close to the PM that Warner's allegations were confusing as they questioned how the Prime Minister could say she should return home and resign when she was in the country.

It was also pointed out that the Prime Minister accepted Warner's resignation on April 20, 2013 – following a report from Sir David Simmons who headed FIFA's Ethics Committee which stated Warner was involved in financial impropriety- days after his alleged cover up of the marijuana find.

This is the third set of allegations that Warner has revealed after declaring on May 28, 2015, that “the gloves are off” and he intends to go after Persad-Bissessar and expose her and members of the People's Partnership Government.

“Kamla, having jailed me…as of tonight, the gloves are off!” Warner had said hours after he was released from prison where he was forced to spend the night due to problems in securing his $2.5 million bail.

Following his threat, on June 4, 2015, Warner claimed there was a link between the funding of the People's Partnership 2010 campaign and FIFA and he was going to put this in a dossier of documents to give to local and foreign authorities through attorneys.

Via his Sunshine newspaper, Warner has published cheques amounting to $1.7 million that was paid to Ross Advertising. A week later Warner published cheques amounting to some $56,000 allegedly paid to a realtor to rent a house in Santa Margarita for Persad-Bissessar and her sister Vidwatie during the 2010 campaign as Warner claimed Persad-Bissessar complained of being tired.

The Prime Minister has to date denied all of Warner's allegations saying she never received any funding from him and his statements were false and meant to distract.

“The Express story is a smokescreen, the real story is Loretta Lync,” said Moonilal yesterday, adding that Warner keeps evading the issues hanging over his own head.

Warner is wanted by the United States authorities for charges of money laundering, fraud and racketeering. He is also listed on Interpol's most wanted list. Warner intends to fight extradition requests and is moving full steam ahead to lead his Independent Liberal Party (ILP) to contest the September 7 general election.

Persad-Bissessar has already signalled to party members to not be distracted by Warner's stories.

The Prime Minister will be delivering the feature address today at the United National Congress (UNC) meeting at Rienzi Complex, Couva at 7p.m.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: June 15, 2015, 12:38:53 PM »
This keeps getting better and better
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QrG2hr-HsbA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QrG2hr-HsbA</a>

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:17:39 PM by soccerman »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: June 15, 2015, 01:40:05 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Jack getting old boy...he not thinking the movements thru at all..yuh go up against professional shit-talkers and win.. Oliver will eat him raw..or is that renraw ?  :devil:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 01:42:13 PM by maxg »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: June 15, 2015, 02:26:26 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Jack getting old boy...he not thinking the movements thru at all..yuh go up against professional shit-talkers and win.. Oliver will eat him raw..or is that renraw ?  :devil:

:thumbsup:

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: June 15, 2015, 03:47:09 PM »

:rotfl: "I see your dramatic music and I raise you....fire"  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I don’t know Jack
« Reply #2533 on: June 16, 2015, 08:30:22 AM »
I don’t know Jack
By Mark Lyndersay (T&T Guardian)

A couple of decades ago, I set off from the Guardian’s offices and walked a few blocks to Jack Warner’s offices higher up St Vincent Street. I was mildly intimidated by the assignment, which was to provide images for a business story by my late friend and colleague, Terry Joseph. I was insulated from much of the impact of my subject’s considerable fame through my lifelong disinterest in sports generally and football in particular.

It was striking to look at the videos featuring Mr Warner which have become part of popular culture recently. I pulled up some scans I’d done from that shoot for my archives, and it was almost surreal how similar his office and desk setup are now to the one I encountered. The technology has marched on and newer gear surrounds him now, but he affects the same sense of a man surrounded by work who confidently keeps it under control with an iron grip and steely will.

In 2006, about 15 years after I’d had my first and only encounter with him, Warner was the vice-president of FIFA, president of Concacaf, a special adviser to the TTFF, a successful businessman and a key political figure as the deputy political leader of the UNC. Today, he is, according to the United States government, a wanted man with an indictment awaiting him should he ever set foot on their soil and a red listed person of interest at Interpol.

In the face of all this deadly seriousness then, it’s a little hard to understand how everything became so bitterly funny. Some of it has to do with Warner’s presence and uniquely Trinidadian approach to things. Whatever else he has been in his life, he offers an intense focus on whoever he happens to be dealing with, as I discovered on that assignment.

Unhappy with the determinedly sedate executive spaces he offered for the photography, I suggested that we head outside to get the plexiglas half-dome of the Concacaf logo and the sharp geometries of the building into the frame. To do this, I had to lie down in the drain just off to his left and he took direction well.

As I walked into his office afterward to collect the remainder of my gear, he reached into a desk drawer and took out a Fifa tie and pin and offered it to me, complimenting me on my approach to my work. For many years afterward, that tie remained a part of my cycle of executive nooses during that phase of my life and a pleasant reminder of my encounter with a great man.

Of course, I didn’t really know jack about Mr Warner, just his reputation and the evidence of my encounter with him. Now, Warner occupies a unique space in the global discussion about Fifa corruption, one that apparently defies even the best comedians. When John Oliver decided to take on Jack Warner on his home turf, his clever, almost reverential assault on the former Fifa honcho never seemed to pick up steam.

At least part of that stemmed from Oliver’s unwillingness to tease the nation that’s tacitly supported Jack Warner for decades, but a large part of it has to do with Warner’s Teflon imperviousness to being the butt of a joke.

John Oliver’s made for global consumption segment on TV6, The Mittens of Disapproval are On, withered in the face of Jack Warner’s home-hewn response, a tour de force of hilarity, which pitted the embattled former executive against his own considerable speech impediment, an incomprehensible script and the swelling roar of music stolen from upcoming composer Greg Dombrowski.

Like one of those truly strange onions that crop up from time to time, Jack Warner resists ready peeling, you get the skin off, think you’re into the meat of the thing, only to find another mutant skin under it. It’s easy now to get all hot and bothered about shame and embarrassment and that nebulous place, “the international stage,” but T&T failed the most basic of questions that an investigator might ask about all of this.

What did we know? How long did we know it? And what did we do about it? The answers, of course, are all of it, all along and nothing. Because even after all these accusations, I really didn’t know Jack and chances are, neither did you.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: June 16, 2015, 08:56:06 AM »
Like I saw on a post. For a football man Jack can't dribble at all.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA scandal: The search for 'fighter' Jack Warner
« Reply #2535 on: June 16, 2015, 01:43:35 PM »
FIFA scandal: The search for 'fighter' Jack Warner
By Harry Reekie (CNN)

As we passed the fourth industrial complex en route from Port of Spain airport to the hotel, I was shaking my head. This just couldn't be right.

Sensing the consternation, my newest friend Ramesh -- a sage taxi driver if ever you met one -- jumped in unprompted.

"Most tourists get the ferry to Tobago. Trinidad is a place to do business. What brings you here?"

Our business, of course, was "Mr. Warner," as Trinidadians refer to arguably the island's most notorious resident.

My journey had started the previous week in Zurich after news broke of the arrests of a number of FIFA executives at dawn.

Sepp Blatter was re-elected. Sepp Blatter resigned. Each day there was a new development that has woven a tapestry of allegations and revelations to touch every continent on the planet.

Seemingly at the center of that tapestry was Warner. And despite his steadfast denial of any wrongdoing, there were countless questions that needed to be asked. CNN would do its best to do just that.

Which was why we were getting a tour -- together with U.S.-based colleagues Robyn Curnow, Nicol Nicolson and Jose Armijo -- of Port of Spain's industrial estates.

The charges against Warner are extensive.

He resigned from the FIFA Executive Committee in 2011 after being accused of several counts of corruption in the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups. However, after being banned from football administration worldwide, all investigations into those allegations were dropped.

All that changed when Warner was one of 14 executives charged by the U.S. Justice Department over alleged racketeering, wire fraud, money laundering and bribery. The U.S. has formally requested his extradition, and judicial proceedings in Trinidad have already begun.

As we crawled towards the city center, Ramesh put us on the phone to his daughter -- a local reporter, who in turn gave me two direct numbers for Warner.

As it turned out, they were the same as two I had been given by a colleague in London. The chances of them being genuine suddenly seemed much more likely.

Calls were made to both of the numbers. No answer, but messages were left nonetheless. A contact had also given us Warner's personal email address. Again, no reply to our request to talk to him.

Warner's business interests have spread throughout Trinidad, which provided other possible avenues of inquiry.

The 72-year-old owns a professional football team called Joe Public in the district of Tunapuna. He also has control of one of the island's newspapers, Sunshine, and owns a restaurant.

Ramesh also told us that Warner's house was located in the Five Rivers area of Arouca -- although we would have to sniff out which one it was.

Another possibility was Trinidad's Parliament. The day before we arrived, Warner -- a prominent opposition MP in Trinidad -- had been laughed at by some peers in the chamber after yet again vowing to "unleash an avalanche of evidence" to clear his name.

But this being a Saturday, he wouldn't be in Parliament for another 48 hours.

There was also Warner's political constituency of Chiguanas West. It was there that he had danced at a public rally only hours after being released from prison the previous week.

Our driver didn't know the area well, so it took 30 minutes of circling in the heat before we located a ramshackle building with several crumbling signs outside.

Next to advertisements for ultrasound testing and corrective footcare, a sign for "OFFICE OF THE MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT FOR CHAGUANAS WEST" stood out imposingly.

As we walked up the stairs, the office manager came out and started stonewalling us. "Is he here?" asked Robyn. "Yes, and he asks that you respect his privacy," came the reply.

Warner was holding a "clinic" for his constituents -- a drop-in center where residents could talk face-to-face with their MP about local issues. Unfortunately face-to-face didn't stretch to questions about multiple allegations of serious fraud from journalists.

After a couple of interviews with junior staff members and constituents, we were unceremoniously kicked out.

Other broadcasters came and went, before a team from Sky News in the UK arrived to join us in the wait for Warner to leave. His car was directly outside, so he had to leave at some stage.

Ultimately it was a fruitless five hours.

After countless attempts to get back in, even calling through the window at one stage, we realized any faint hopes of our man deciding to talk to CNN were in vain.

Warner is happy to publish rambling video messages when it suits him, but it became pretty clear that this was not a man ready to be asked questions by the media. Questions he has still never answered publicly.

Warner is not a free man, though.

A stipulation of his bail agreement forces him to check in at his local police station every Monday and Thursday.

He cannot leave the country, and once all the evidence is presented to the Trinidadian Attorney General by the U.S. authorities, Warner will likely face an extradition hearing as soon as August. That was confirmed to us by the Attorney General the following morning.

It seems likely that if Warner does have an "avalanche" of evidence, he is likely to need it in court to prove his innocence.

Among all the turmoil, he also has an upcoming Parliamentary re-election campaign to fight later this year.

So where does Warner stand in the court of public opinion in Trinidad?

Some utterly detest him and many of those in positions of authority feel he has brought shame on his own country, yet speak to his constituents and you hear a different story.

"I tell you what ... Jack may have got some things wrong," said Raymond, another taxi driver.

"But for every mistake, he's done 10 great things for people on this island. He's a fighter is Jack. He'll come back from this, just like he always has done."

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2537 on: June 17, 2015, 01:52:17 AM »
Prove it, Prime Minister!
By Gail Alexander (Guardian).

That’s the challenge thrown out to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar yesterday by embattled Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader Jack Warner, who also accused acting Police Commissioner Stephen Williams of not speaking the truth on the alleged ganja which Warner claims was discovered on the PM’s property on April 12, 2013.

Warner, who claimed he had spoken to the PM on it at the time while she was in the US, says she must prove she was in T&T and must also prove there was no “weed” in her house.

“...And she must also tell T&T about her closeness to (sacked minister) Anil Roberts and the reason for that,” he added at a Centre of Excellence, Macoya, media briefing yesterday.

He said the PM, Williams and retired deputy commissioner of police Mervyn Richardson were “lying on the matter” and Williams was trying to “cover up for Kamla...”

“Why?” Warner added, calling for Williams to “do his job, go to the (police) station (in question) and take the (station) diary.

“If the deputy commissioner of police doesn’t speak the truth, who will? And he says it’s all about politics,” he said, also accusing Richardson of “doing a good job covering up.”

Warner called the briefing to talk about fall-out following his weekend allegation that four ounces of ganja were allegedly found on a ledge outside a window on the PM’s Palmiste property in 2013.

He claimed Richardson had told him that on April 12, 2013, when it was allegedly found. He was national security minister at the time.

He claimed he called the People’s Partnership’s Dr Roodal Moonilal on it and he suggested Warner speak to the PM, who was in the US.

Warner claimed he spoke to Persad-Bissessar and she asked if she should return home and resign and he prevailed on her not to, while himself Moonilal and Richardson “buried” the matter.

Yesterday, Warner said the PM’s adviser in 2013, Gary Griffith, wasn’t involved in the cover-up but was later told of it. He, however, revealed tapes of conversations on the issue he had with Griffith and who also “bad talked” the PM.

Warner said he always had a “gut feeling” the day would come when he would have to “show T&T who the Prime Minister is, who Richardson is and who Jack Warner is,” so he kept tapes for a day like that.

Warner said he was talking of the alleged ganja issue now since it was time for re-election and Persad-Bissessar “is unfit to be re-elected... this is the tip of the iceberg, I ent start yet!”

He said he didn’t say anything until now since he had been hoping for some kind of investigation to close the chapter and since there was none, he did so.

He also added there was a point in time when he would have given his life for the PM, since he thought she was a victim of the cabal — “Ramlogan, Suruj, Moonilal, Sharma” — and had not replied to PP attacks.

But he said when the US issued an arrest warrant for him and “my Prime Minister tell the AG to sign it and ‘go for him, I said that can’t be the cabal. So my eyes opened and this ‘Teflon’ Prime Minister had to be exposed.”

Warner said he was compelled to speak yesterday because Griffith had called him last Sunday on the ganja story but since then everything had been done to discredit him, including the acting CoP’s statement on the matter.

He also said he was speaking out since Express reporter Denyse Renne had been “demonised”, including by colleagues in the same paper, he claimed, for writing last weekend’s story.

Warner detailed how he called Renne on his way home after he left the Parliament last Friday (when elections were announced).

He said she said she was in Moruga but he told her to wait for him in San Juan, since he had something to give her. He said he met her there later and gave her a June 6, 2015, affidavit he had done by Justice of the Peace Anthony Soulette on the matter.

In defending Renne and saying she was treated unfairly, Warner challenged yesterday’s Express report by Anna Ramdass which stated that according to the T&T Gazette, the appointment of MP Winston Dookeran, who acted for the PM when she went to the US in April 2013, was effective April 14. He claimed the instrument of appointment was issued April 12.

The Chaguanas MP detailed futile efforts he made in seeking records from the VIP Lounge, Foreign Affairs and NY Consulate to ascertain the PM’s location during the period. He said Parliament staff said she was not in Parliament on April 12, 2013.

He added: “It’s not my burden to prove the PM was out of T&T but she has to prove she was in T&T and up to now she hasn’t proved this.”

Warner claimed Richardson showed him a picture on his phone of the alleged ganja evidence. He said it would be easy for TSTT to check Richardson’s phone records on this.

He said he was told the officer in the station in question took a picture but would not name the officer or station and urged the media to follow it up.

He also took issue with a US judge who urged people to support the PM.

Warner said he would be playing the tapes he had compiled at all ILP meetings — in South tomorrow — and will be holding three public meetings weekly.

He said if his revelations had caused so much “confusion and back-biting... wait until the others come out.” He claimed sentry diaries at the Diplomatic Centre residence were also changed.

Warner, who refused to answer football issue queries, said he intended to have his day in court on that and answer there. He denied any Panama trip with a minister in 2010.

Last night there was no statement from the Prime Minister’s office on Warner’s claims. Also contacted by the media last night, Moonilal said he preferred not to comment.

Griffith taped discussing issue

Chaguanas MP Jack Warner said yesterday that after “flawed” reports in the Express and from the acting CoP, he had to use the tapes he allegedly recorded with Griffith to prove his case.

In the first the voice recording, which Griffith yesterday confirmed was his, he said the PM comes to Parliament and stays in her officer there and goes home and that her weekends are from Friday night to Wednesday, so when the PP came to ask for another five years, people had to ask if they wanted a five-day weekend. The voice is also heard telling Warner they both have enough “ammo” on the PP.

In another tape, which Warner claimed was made last weekend, Griffith insisted he was not involved in a cover-up on the weed issue and had not spoken to the PM.

He said the police would have to speak on the issue and the onus was on them — Richardson and Garth Gould — of the Special Branch, to “come clean and admit they” found something.”

Griffith is also heard telling Warner he would not deny that he knew about the issue but could not say it was marijuana.

In a third tape, both continue to debate the matter, with Griffith saying he could not come forward on the matter and Warner is heard asking if he should call reporter Renne and tell her to call Griffith.

In another tape made yesterday morning, Griffith is heard asking Warner if he had heard the acting Cop’s statement on the issue and deciding what to say, with Warner saying: All you have to do Gary is tell the truth.”

Warner also revealed text messages between himself and Griffith.

VIDEO: - Jack Warner's Press Conference (Audio)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:58:23 AM by Flex »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: June 17, 2015, 06:00:29 AM »
Kamla want you to prove your dribbling skills! Jack!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: June 17, 2015, 06:15:39 AM »

WARNER RELEASES PHONE RECORDINGS

https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153407365722996/

Jack Warner has produced phone recordings of a conversation between him and Gary Griffith about the alleged drug find at the prime minister's private home.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: June 17, 2015, 07:11:17 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qu4S5QnkKe0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qu4S5QnkKe0</a>
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: June 19, 2015, 08:54:28 AM »
Jack, your son is on the phone
Patrick Hoyos (Barbados Nation).

WATCHING Jack Warner try to turn the tables on former political allies by alleging the involvement of FIFA in Trinidad and Tobago's 2010 election political campaign was like watching paint dry.

The eight-minute paid political broadcast, carried, on major TV stations in T&T recently, allowed Mr Warner to cast his predicament in a purely political mould. He spoke as one betrayed by those he had trusted to protect him from the long arm of the law, now reaching unfairly into T&T to pluck him out of his comfort zone.

But, said Zealous Jack, he had been prepared for that day too. Envelopes had been sent out, and he dramatically (yawn) released their recipients to do their worst with them.

It seems that the main point of The Gloves Are Off, as Mr Warner's TV address was titled, was to warn Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar that if she won't keep the wolves from his door, he would set a fresh pack of them at hers.

It was little wonder to me then that the United States Justice Department should ask Interpol to place him—earlier that day—on its Red Notice list, one of only two of the charged FIFA executives, plus four marketing executives linked to the scandal.

If Mr Warner is hoping that three little birds will turn up outside his doorstep, singing sweet songs, with one of them clutching what looks like a passport with his picture in it, the Red Notice should make it easier for police to arrest him wherever he may turn up.

Listening to Melancholy Jack tell his tale of betrayal and warn of his now-burgeoning desire for revenge over his public excoriation, you might not think that anyone else was involved.

This conceit of Jack Warner's—that he is the innocent bystander who, unfairly gored by the rushing bull, is now ready to do some damage of his own—will soon be tested in the real world, as those envelopes containing all that explosive stuff reach their intended targets.

It is, of course, exactly what the US Justice Department wants. They want Jack to sing. Their top mark has not yet been charged with anything.

But it has nothing to do with his own case, around which, it seems, the evidence net may have fully closed.

According to an article by Stephanie Clifford in the New York Times of June 3, Mr Warner's deputy during the 20-odd years he was president of CONCACAF, Chuck Blazer, in his 2013 guilty plea said that: “I and others on the FIFA executive committee agreed to accept bribes in conjunction with the selection of South Africa as the host nation for the 2010 World Cup.” He also said that he “and others agreed to accept bribes and kickbacks in conjunction with the broadcast and other rights” to several Gold Cup tournaments, a regional championship.

Mr Blazer, the Justice Department said, became a co-operating witness and this had included secretly recording conversations.

You know who else became co-operating witnesses, presumably for similar reasons? Daryan and Daryll Warner, Jack's sons.

Writes Ms Clifford: “When each of the Warner sons secretly pleaded guilty in 2013, the judge outlined their co-operation agreements with the Government. They agreed to participate in undercover activities, hand over documents, regularly meet with prosecutors, testify when requested, and not divulge their co-operation to anyone without the express permission of prosecutors.”

So while Mr Warner may still somehow “escape” from his current “situation” in T&T, I don't think he will be able to escape the “co-operation” with justice of his ex-deputy and his own two sons, themselves trying desperately to avoid as much jail time as possible.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: June 19, 2015, 12:15:53 PM »
Scampito, Rodent & Uncle Tim, you're next.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: June 20, 2015, 08:16:39 PM »
Local banks and dirty $$ dealings
By Camini Marajh

For over a decade, indicted football jefe and former high ranking government minister Austin Jack Warner sold tens of millions of US dollars to legitimate local businesses in contravention of the Exchange Control laws of this country.

Those currency trades involving alleged dirty money were done through several local banks which have come under scrutiny of US prosecutors investigating a US$150 million world football bribery scheme.

That Warner used several local banks to conduct his business, had a plethora of bank accounts, conducted cash raids on football accounts under his control or sloshed funds through a maze of parallel football and personal bank accounts is not new.

Those details were revealed in a special investigative series published in this newspaper two years ago.

New and significant, however, is the possible money laundering local banks allowed to take place, according to a US law enforcement source with knowledge of the situation.

New questions are being asked about the banks compliance measures; customer due diligence and record keeping in connection with the well-known international football figure and former acting prime minister whose high public-profile automatically placed him on a financial institutions PEP (politically exposed person) watch-list for a higher degree of financial scrutiny.

US investigators are looking into how tens of millions of US dollars were banked, shifted around and then disappeared altogether and why the local financial system, including the banks, Board of Inland Revenue (BIR) and Central Bank regulators failed so dramatically to flag possible decades-old money laundering, tax evasion and other financial crimes allegedly committed by Warner.

Maze of bank accounts

In laying out a sweeping corruption case against 14 defendants, including Warner, US prosecutors have detailed allegations of corrupt transactions and kickbacks going through a maze of bank accounts in dozens of different jurisdictions over two decades involving top officials in football’s governing body, FIFA.

From Switzerland and Qatar to Trinidad and Tobago and the Cayman Islands, a substantial number of those corrupt transactions passed through the local banking system, according to the US Department of Justice (DOJ), despite tightened and stringent anti-money laundering (AML) and terrorist financing rules issued by the global intergovernmental body, Financial Action Task Force (FATF) which came into force in 2010.

What is emerging from the US DOJ investigation into the FIFA corruption scandal is a portrait of failed regulation which Warner used to enrich his family business empire. US sources, speaking on condition of strict anonymity, revealed that ongoing criminal investigations have turned up a series of suspicious banking activity at three local banks, specifically State-owned First Citizens (FCB), Intercommercial Bank Ltd (IBL) and Republic Bank Ltd (RBL).

Investigators are said to have flagged the routing of millions of dollars from football accounts held at RBL to private-Warner controlled accounts at FCB.

Warner is said to have emptied out millions from Concacaf, Caribbean Football Union (CFU) and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) bank accounts via USD bank drafts made payable to FCB.

US$2 million in USD bank drafts

Banking sources say this sort of circuitous cash transfers via a payee account in the name of a bank is highly “unusual”.

Ved Seereeram, a former Citi-banker and financial analyst said: “At best, it is a suspicious transaction. The bank should not allow it.” Close to US$2 million of these transactions are said to have passed through FCB’s accounts, according to sources.

On June 12, Sharon Christopher, deputy CEO in charge of corporate administration at FCB, declined to comment on the specific question relating to RBL-issued USD bank drafts made payable to the state-owned bank.

Her stock response to questions relating to FCB’s role in the unfolding Warner corruption story was: “First Citizens is a financial institution that conducts its affairs in strict accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which we operate, including anti-money laundering laws. Accordingly, First Citizens will not knowingly facilitate any criminal activity whatsoever, including money laundering.”

Larry Howai, who traded in his CEO job at the national bank in 2012 for a government post in Finance as Minister of the Economy and on whose watch a lot of these US-flagged transactions took place, responded this way to whether FCB was perhaps overly accommodating to the former government minister: “Transactions are handled by branch or unit that is dealing with any account not by executive so I would not be familiar with any transaction. I am sure that the bank would have at all times observed procedures.”

On the question of whether FCB followed regulatory practices as required by the FATF-issued AML-regime, Howai, who left FCB with a golden handshake, said: “I know that the bank established an Operational Risk Unit to ensure compliance with regulators so it would be unlikely that it did not comply.”

Theft of Haiti money

US sources say Warner used an array of tactics to camouflage his alleged theft of football funds including US$750,000 in emergency aid intended for earthquake-devastated Haiti in 2010.

FIFA’s donation of US$250,000 was wire transferred into a TTFF account at RBL on January 18, 2010. A second donation of US$500,000 from the Korean Football Association was paid into a Concacaf account at RBL on February 4, 2010.

Approximately US$700,000 of that emergency relief money ended up in Warner’s pocket, according to sources. About US$155,000 was sold in currency trades to the JTA Group and International Shipping Ltd (ISL). Another $100,000 was routed through a Daryan Warner company called, We Buy Houses.

Warner’s two sons, Daryan and Daryll, have also been indicted by US prosecutors on corruption charges related to the FIFA bribery case. Both have pleaded guilty to a variety of fraud and money-laundering charges. Only US$50,000 of the emergency aid money destined for the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere reached the Haitian football federation.

During his heyday when he ruled the football world – he had effective control of Concacaf, CFU, TTFF and Loc Germany— ­­ Warner is reported to have controlled 79 USD and TT accounts held in local banks.

The accounts were held in the names of miscellaneous and parallel privately-owned companies, football bodies and personal accounts held in his name.

FCB has refused to comment on reports that it has stonewalled a court order for the production of bank records or that it provided deficient information relating to Warner-conducted transactions, including a lack of supporting documents on wire transfers and source of funds declarations.

The bank’s deputy CEO, Christopher, maintained: “We are bound by the laws of client confidentiality from discussing any matter related to any person/entity who may conduct business with us.”

The bin Hammam bribe

Still, the growing stockpile of evidence shows that Warner moved tens of millions of US dollars around the local banks with apparent ease.

In the case of the US$1.2 million kickback from football pal and Qatari billionaire Mohamed bin Hammam, it took two failed wire transfer attempts through international correspondent banks before the money was paid directly to a Warner Intercommercial bank account.

US banks twice red-flagged the transaction and demanded a more detailed explanation for the US$1.2 million wire transfer payment to the two Warner boys and personal Warner assistant from bin Hammam’s private company, Khalid Electrical and Mechanical Est (kemco) in July 2011.

As reported previously, bin Hammam also failed in a second attempt to send the money to Warner’s Cayman account in the name of J&D International.

He succeeded on the third try to Intercommercial Bank Chaguanas branch. Former CEO of IBL, Krishna Boodhai, the last director standing in Clico, refused comment when contacted by the Sunday Express. “I have absolutely no comment to make on this matter,” he said.

US authorities have reportedly flagged a number of transactions at the Indian-owned bank, including the bin Hammam US$1.2 million kickback paid to Warner for arranging the 2011 cash-for-votes CFU meeting at the Hyatt hotel in Port of Spain.

Warner has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing and has just as often refused to provide any explanation about any of the allegations made against him. He has also proclaimed his innocence on US charges of wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering.

Millions in $100 bills

Huge cash deposits in TT$100 bills made to a personal bank account at Intercommercial are said to be engaging the attention of investigators following Warner’s money trail.

In the six month period between September 2012 and February 2013, Warner, then the minister of national security, is reported to have deposited TT$2.5 million in cash. The source of funds is listed as commercial rental income from the disputed Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence (CoE) and other unnamed businesses.

The Sunday Express was told Warner banked more than TT$9 million in cash 100 bills to one of six Intercommercial bank accounts between August 2011 (following his resignation from all football bodies in the wake of the bin Hammam bribery scandal) and January last year.

Source of funds filings list the cash deposits as “rental income from property”.

Banking sources say the cash deposits raise an obvious red flag. They say the large cash deposits usually come from supermarkets and casinos. The CoE derives its income from trade shows, concerts, conferences and weddings, among other things.

New CEO at IBL, Nigel Romano, insists that Intercommercial has complied with all of the requirements of the AML regime but was unable to comment on specific transactions because of client confidentiality. “Under the law we cannot tell you we flagged specific transactions,” he said, saying, “We feel very comfortable that we have complied and did what we were supposed to do.”

Asked if IBL was comfortable accepting bin Hammam’s money after US banks twice refused it in 2011, he said Intercommercial was not informed of those prior attempts to wire funds from Doha, Qatar.

He said Intercommercial was not informed by the international correspondent banks of the failed attempts and noted that: “It is something we will have to take up.”

Suspicious bank activity

He said Intercommercial was scrupulous in its record keeping and “sometimes go further” and ask customers for documentation to support the source of funds declarations.

Without giving any details, Romano said there have been instances when the bank rejected transactions and made the requisite suspicious activity report to the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) which last year reported 617 suspicious transactions, up from the previous year’s figure of 554.

Romano declined to talk about the large cash deposits made by Warner, saying only that Intercommercial always try to up its game in relation to PEP or high risk customers.

Intercommercial account number 373 498 0401 in the name of Jack Warner also received cheque payments from the Chaguanas West Constituency Office. Warner is the Member of Parliament for Chaguanas West and is said to be the sole signatory of the RBL held bank account, said sources.

Another transaction under scrutiny of US prosecutors is the US$10 million bribe payment made to a Warner-created dummy programme called the African diaspora legacy in exchange for votes in favour of South Africa hosting the 2010 World Cup.

Bribe from South Africa

Three wire transfers from FIFA’s UBS account in Zurich, Switzerland, were paid into two Warner-controlled football accounts at Republic Bank Ltd (RBL), namely CFU and Concacaf. And as reported previously by this newspaper, a significant portion of the 2008 kickback went towards settling credit card debt and a personal loan, among other things. More than half of the SA bribe was disposed of in currency trade sales with JTA and ISL.

Chairman of RBL Ronald Harford said Republic was “reviewing transactions one by one to see if there was any laxity in any way”.

Michelle Palmer-Keizer, another RBL official said a lot of the transactions under review by US authorities, including the FIFA US$10 million deposit predated the AML rules. She said, however, the bank has red- flagged transactions and have had follow-up enquiries from the FIU and the police Financial Investigations Bureau (FIB).

A legal source, who preferred not to be quoted, said the FIU should be given investigatory and prosecutorial powers to go after white collar criminals. The agency operates as a repository for suspicious activity reports. Investigations are conducted by the FIB whose head, Superintendent Wendy Wilkinson said the agency’s secrecy rules prohibits her from saying anything.

There have been little or no convictions for white collar crime in Trinidad and Tobago.
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rio Claro backs Jack
« Reply #2544 on: June 21, 2015, 09:21:46 AM »
Rio Claro backs Jack
By Shaliza Hassanali (T&T Guardian)

In the eyes of Rio Claro residents, Jack Warner is seen as a man of the people, a fighter, a Robin Hood, a doer of no wrong, and a rebel with a cause.

Warner is idolised in the community where he spent the first ten years of his youthful life with his humble family. Warner, his three sisters and two brothers were single-handedly raised their mother, Stella. Residents claimed the childhood stories they heard about him has been nothing but favourable and elightening.

Warner, 72, is among nine Fifa officials and five corporate executives charged by the US Department of Justice with running a criminal enterprise that involved more than $150 million in bribes. Having contested the request by the United States to have him extradited to answer charges of racketeering and money laundering, the former Fifa vice president has been placed on a “red notice” by Interpol since June 3. Currently on bail, Warner will re-appear at the Port-of-Spain Magistrates' Court on July 9.

On his Facebook page, Warner described his mother as a “simple, hard working woman with a firm belief in God.” Warner stated that it was perhaps this upbringing which cemented his fighting spirit and led him to became one of the most successful businessmen in the Caribbean as well as a well-loved politician.

On Tuesday, a calm pervaded Elie Street, where Warner once lived with his siblings and mom in a small wooden structure. Most of the houses on the street were shut tight. The two government offices—the Ministry of Sport and Ministry of Gender, Youth and Child Development—which were opened for business, stood on the land once occupied by Warner’s family.

“Jack did not live very long here. He spent just a few years on this street. This is the story I heard when I came here to live on the street in 1960,” said one man, who identified himself as Tyson.

Tyson said during Warner’s stay in the village, he attended the St Theresa’s Roman Catholic School in Rio Claro.

Warner, in giving a brief history of his past life on social media, said in 1953 his parents moved to Longdenville where he was transferred to a primary school in that area.

“It is here I got first-hand taste for rural life, an experience that has brought value to my role as parliamentary representative,” Warner wrote.

From there, it was no stopping Warner who became one of the most powerful figures in global football.

‘He went out of his way to help people... UNC fighting him down’

On bustling High Street, near the Rio Claro Transit Hub, People’s National Movement supporter Elsa Edwards, 73, of San Pedro, described Warner as a good man who went out of his way to help people, not only in the district he grew up in, but the entire country.

“I have nothing bad to say about Warner. He is a good man,” Edwards blurted out.

Edwards said Warner was a man of the people, and she would not like to see him make a jail in his twilight years.

“I hope he gets off on the charges he is facing,” Edwards said.

The pensioner said Warner’s Independent Liberal Party was becoming a spoiler and threat for the United National Congress (UNC) who was now grasping at straws as the September 7 general election draws closer.

Nearby, 58-year-old Carol James, of First Street, Enid Village, said though she never met Warner personally, the few stories she heard in the community was always pleasant.

“I never hear a bad word about that man. He spent a few years here and never left a bad impression. Warner did a lot for football and his country,” James said.

Bharath Basdeo, one of several taxi drivers working on the hub said it pained his heart when he heard that Warner had to spend the night in prison.

“It was unbelievable for me because this is where he grew up. It’s disheartening,” Basdeo said, shaking his head in disbelief.

In the last three weeks, Basdeo said, Warner has not been looking his normal self.

“You could see it in his face....he has been walking around with a defeated and dejected look. He no longer walks with his shoulders upright. You can see worry written all over his face.”

Basdeo said Warner has been putting on a brave face for his supporters and the country. “I feel really sad for him. I don’t think he has done anything wrong.”

A stone’s throw away, Seeraj Premnarine, of Navet Village, said Warner was now a target by the UNC—the same party he funded for the 2010 general election.

“He shared his money with the party. Jack gave freely and helped many. Now the UNC fighting him down every chance.

“I like Jack. To me, he is a fighter...a rebel with a cause. I still can’t believe a man of his calibre and status grew up here. He has put little Rio Claro on the map.

“There are numerous stories on the Internet which showed that Warner grew up here. They saying he is a Robin Hood.”

Premnarine said he was not “bothered or perturbed” by Warner’s pending charges.

“As long as it is not our money he stole, I don’t care. Jack will go down in history books...”

‘Smart, bright like a bulb’

Clear Water Road resident, Samdai Sooknanan, 81, spoke highly about Warner, who she decribed as a “people’s person.”

Sooknanan’s husband Jagdeo, who died 22 years ago, was one of Warner’s primary school classmates. She said her husband often spoke about the fond memories he shared with Warner while growing up.

“They were close friends in and out of the classroom. They cooked, ate and limed together. I never heard any complaints from my husband and the community about Jack. My husband used to tell me Jack was smart, bright like a bulb, and would reach far. I live to see that. It’s a pity how he has fallen. He is good man. I don’t care what people say. I believe he’s innocent. I hope he walks free.”

Sooknanan said Warner’s love for Indians people started in Rio Claro and to this day, he still believes in them.

Sooknanan said after Warner formed the ILP, she met him in a political meeting and reminisced about the good times Jagdeo shared with him.

“I don’t like how Jack is being treated. He is not looking good. The politics getting dirty and dangerous,” said Sooknanan, a mother of 16.

‘No weapon formed against him shall prosper’

Along Guayaguayare Road, Hensley Alexander, 62, believes Warner was set up by people in the country as his charges were perfectly timed for the 2015 election campaign.

“They are just trying to tarnish Jack’s good name and pull him down to get rid of him, but I standing with Warner. No weapon formed against him shall prosper,” said Alexander.

Vendor Narine Mahabir, of Deven Drive, said Warner never turned his back on Rio Claro people.

“He gave generously. Jack pumped money into a lot of football leagues in the community. People in here profited from his wealth. Jack looked out for everybody. I don’t know him to be a bad man or villain as they are making him out to be,” said Mahabir, a father of three.

Mahabir said Warner was made a scapegoat in the Fifa scandal.

“If Warner was a White man they would not have touched him. Besides, I don’t know why the USA getting into Fifa business in the first place. I think Warner is going to fight them to the bitter end.”

Mahabir said he hoped Warner would not be extradited to America, fearing he would not get a fair trial.

“The USA will try to set him up and nail him to the cross.”

Mahabir said his father, Seebachan Mahabir, who died in 1991, attended the same primary school with Warner. He said he never heard his father criticise Warner.

He said while Warner has to face the courts to answer charges, taxpayers’ money was being wasted in Trinidad.

He said one case involves a multi-million dollar contract that was awarded for the construction of a wall and box drain in the community.

“The kickbacks people getting from this contract cost more than the wall and box drain itself. But they want to make Warner look like the bad guy when everybody filling their pockets,” Mahabir said.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2545 on: June 22, 2015, 05:15:51 AM »
AG: No US extradition request as yet for Warner.
By Rickie Ramdass (Express).

IT has been close to one month since a provisional warrant was issued for the arrest of Independent Liberal Party (ILP) leader and former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner, but up to Thursday, the Office of the Attorney General had not received any request for Warner to be extradited to the United States, where he is wanted on wire fraud, racketeering and money laundering charges.

In a brief telephone interview yesterday, AG Garvin Nicholas said up until Thursday his office did not receive any formal request from the United States government for Warner's extradition.

He explained there was still time for the request to be made, given the United States has up to 60 days from the time the warrant was issued to do so.

Warner is currently on $2.5 million bail after surrendering himself to Fraud Squad officers on May 27, after learning the warrant was issued for his arrest.

He is being represented by a battery of attorneys, including Fyard Hosein SC, Nyree Alphonso, Rishi Dass and Anil Maharaj.

Warner will next appear before Chief Magistrate Marcia Ayers-Caesar in the Port of Spain Court on July 9.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: June 23, 2015, 06:31:24 PM »
Jack Warner's press conference earlier today

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gbPRCVuokg8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gbPRCVuokg8</a>
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: June 23, 2015, 07:52:58 PM »
Under all joke... Jack and this Jit Hardeen fella need to be real careful, especially over the course of the next few months.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: June 23, 2015, 09:15:49 PM »
If JW's flow was more "fluid", this content would be more "marketable". But at least we know what he's been doing in his spare time ... working on production values. :devil:

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: June 23, 2015, 11:09:07 PM »
There is something perplexing, sinister and self aggrandizing about the manner in which this is all unfolding. In one breath, the man is proclaiming that he is now standing up to corruption and advocating for integrity - throwing out literary allusions" not that I love .... Les but I love TnT more" , apologies to Shakespeare, Julius Caesar. Oh spare the attempts at platitudes of ethical practice - and then in one breath almost take solace in how ypu acquired evidence by taping a conversation while one is under duress and in the case of Gary Giffith without his consent and knowledge! Lawd how could you bold face so stand up for the champion of justice and  righteousness? And what motivated this? Ooooo after you felt betrayed and after a night of reflection at a "hotel"- nah ah eh believing that a tiger just lost he stripes just so!  Nah me thinks there is more to this stance!

Puzzling , when you consider that he claimed to have submitted this information to the Integerity Commission two years ago!  Puzzling in that back then there was no public declaration or public desire to come straight and denounce the corruption. Puzzling in the manner in which evidence was gathered- what was the reasoning back then? Is it conceivable that one knew that one day his fate may depend on deeds like this?

Sinister in the timing and the motive- like a tru Shakespearean tragic hero-  moved by revenge, susceptible to human frailties: ( pick one) pride, jealousy, envy, greed arrogance, desire for power, feelings of infallibility and betrayal ( et tu KPB)!

There is also a " self seeking self righteous " holier than thou"  grandstanding that almost seems to create this martyr like complex - " I am ding this for the good of the nation" I must rid TnT of this wicked plague of corruption. What happens here in TnT is far more greater than an international scandal and I must be the one to stop it as I was the one who put the wicked one in power!  Ah a rose by any other name is still a rose! Pot calling the kettle black is simply foolishness at the end of the day. JW is finding out that cockroach has no business in hen party!
On a final note, given the "climes " in TnT is not this stance paramount to calling for the actualization of threats? Would that choice be nobler to pursue than waiting for the time of extradition?  Would the alternative  rectify all wrongs in the public eye and public sympathy be overflowing ?
Instead of being castigated as a rouge and suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous fortunes, I could see how speaking with reckless abandon and calling on almost inciting threats could be an underlying motive here.
Whatever the strategy, this is making for one heck of a "political soap opera " of tsunami like proportion I look forward to waking each day  and reading each day for another episode  of " Another World" " Days of our Lives" or " As the Stomach turns"  or as lyrics from an older Kaiso " woe is me shame and scandal in the " party" yuh friend is yuh enemy and yuh never know ah say woe is me ah getting betrayed by the people who ah thought was fuh me"
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:23:54 PM by AB.Trini »

1]; } ?>