April 28, 2024, 09:53:34 PM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 428271 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Jack Warner Thread.
« Reply #450 on: November 29, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »
Brownsugar,
Ah not talking bout de teefing coz I cyah prove dat but lehwe focus just on his position,ah sure if you put yuh mind to it you too could become a big man in a World Organization.I always believe half of what I see and nothing of what I hear,meh farda used to always say dat.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 29, 2010, 03:27:56 PM »
If yuh did post de pic in de wonder woman costume like ah tell yuh, the slip ups would stop :devil:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 29, 2010, 05:23:26 PM »
Brownsugar,
Ah not talking bout de teefing coz I cyah prove dat

YET!!!......stay tuned......

Tell mih something, why the TTFF after 4 years still cyar produced AUDITED accounts for the year 2006??  hhhmmmmmm......where there is smoke there is fire mih boy.....

As for him reaching where he is. I have no problem with hard work and making an honest living.....but if you feel Jack Warner reach where he is because he didn't stab somebody in dey back and yes facking tief, you is....look why de hell I does even bother with you....

I feel you is Camps ya know......Steups!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 29, 2010, 05:45:17 PM »
just cool,
what you have said bout J.Warner is probably exactly what I said about the man about 1 year ago,I was immediately described a UNC supporter by many on this MB.I really dont care what people say but I will continue to give the man credit for the position he has attained in one of the biggest and riches organisation in the world.There is a programme on BBC1 to-nite at 8.30pm,FIFA'S Dirty secret,its all about teefing...its not only JW.
I wonder if people think that JW just strolled into his present position,as a black man from a small country that must have taken a lot of strength and hard work,he should be a role model for every citizen of Trinidad and Tobago

Frico,
             yeah right. A role model!!! manipulate and trample your own people. When the players(Pro-Pioneers) trying to set up a own inter Caribbean pro-league, you read the riot act and tell them he will ask FIFA to ban them. Why because he cyah get peace of the action. For a FIFA man with all the power and bravado, why is his country's football total tou-tou. Frico you know how long jack running TT football. Since about 79. You don't think is time for a f-----g change??????????????????? Because of the democractic institutions in this country, they voted out the PM and installed a new one. Can we say the same about the TTFF special advisor, who was elected by democractic means but runs the TTFF like a f------g dictator. A role model who uses the FIFA mafia to cover his misdeeds and squeeze his countymen's balls.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 29, 2010, 05:53:52 PM »
If yuh did post de pic in de wonder woman costume like ah tell yuh, the slip ups would stop :devil:

Laaawwddd Dutty, I now seeing this....

you too could become a big man in a World Organization.

uuuuuuummmmm why would a man choose a user name like "Brownsugar"??..... ???
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 29, 2010, 06:25:14 PM »

..unless he is ah sweet man ?  :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 29, 2010, 07:28:33 PM »

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 29, 2010, 09:09:54 PM »
Warner to meet Prince William in Zurich
Published: 29 Nov 2010

Fifa Vice President Jack Warner left Trinidad yesterday for Zurich to attend what is arguably the most highly anticipated Fifa Executive Committee meeting of the decade. On December 2, 22 members of Fifa’s Executive Committee will vote to determine the host nations of the 2018 and 2022 World Cup tournaments. Warner, who is the longest serving Vice President of Fifa is considered to be most influential football administrator in the Western Hemisphere. Warner will be in Zurich from the 29th November -3rd December and is scheduled to meet with British Prime Minister David Cameron over lunch. President of the English FA, Prince William has also requested a meeting with the 67-year-old Trinidadian football administrator. Warner is also expected to meet with former US President Bill Clinton as well as with Prime Minister Putin of Russia once again - all of these world leaders will be in Zurich this week to lend support for their various bid teams.

Prime Minister Cameron extended the invitation to the Fifa Vice-President during a telephone conversation two weeks ago. Cameron will be the second British Prime Minister to lobby Warner on the English bid’s behalf. In November 2009 Warner, who earlier this year was appointed Minister of Works and Transport in Trinidad & Tobago’s new Government, also had a private meeting with Gordon Brown. Nelson Mandela also courted Warner, the President of Concacaf, during South Africa’s successful bid for the 2010 World Cup, travelling to Trinidad in 2004 to meet him. The much sought after Warner is still keeping his cards close to his chest saying “I remain undecided as to which nation will get Concacaf’s vote.” Warner described the English Bid as impressive but admitted the competition is stiff for all bidders.

“All nations have made impressive presentations. On December 2nd it will come down to who is able to convince the Executive Committee.

I am still undecided as to whom we will support, but the Concacaf family will vote together. I have stated it openly and I will reiterate for the 2022 World Cup, the USA has Concacaf’s full support.” Warner added: “ The football fraternity has received intense criticism and scrutiny over the last month. Despite the past we must now work together to restore the confidence in the sport and its administrators. The Fifa President was right when he said a few days ago that it was a sad time for football. But nevertheless we must look to the future. “The voting process is free, fair and democratic. It is the embodiment of all that is great about our beautiful game. Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be. We understand the importance of the December 2nd vote. “The eyes of the world will be watching and I am certain we will all do what is best for the game.”
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 29, 2010, 11:24:52 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 30, 2010, 05:39:19 AM »

Cue Dinho!!!  :devil:....oh lawd dem English shameless dread, shameless!!....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 30, 2010, 06:06:31 AM »

Wedding invitation he gone 2 collect he eh trust TTPOST. Dat is all that is all that is all.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #461 on: November 30, 2010, 06:14:09 AM »
London 'Guardian' questions Warner's word.
T&T Express Reports.

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner, British Prime Minister David Cameron's would-be lunch guest, faces the embarrassment of a high court judgment over his broken promises to Trinidad and Tobago's 2006 World Cup squad, the London Guardian reported yesterday.

The report continued:

Cameron has been attempting to woo Warner, who as CONCACAF president controls three votes in the World Cup 2018 bid process, and had invited him for lunch at No10 Downing Street.

Cameron's office said last week that it had been postponed due to "scheduling difficulties" but that the two hoped to have lunch when they meet in Zurich.

That will enable Warner, who has been a vociferous critic of last night's scheduled Panorama programme on FIFA, to concentrate on the ruling from a judge in Port of Spain over how the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation should redress the string of broken promises he made to the 2006 players over their World Cup bonuses which have still not been received.

And as Cameron seeks Warner's pledge, before Thursday's vote in Zurich, to support England 2018, Shaka Hislop, who was the players' lead negotiator in 2006, believes Warner has not kept his word. England might take note.

"Warner made promises," said Hislop. "We were told we would get 50 per cent of all the commercial money. When we were eventually told what that would be it was TT$5,000 [£492.86] a man – which we knew it could not be. There were contracts made that we signed with Adidas and a number of other companies around Trinidad and Tobago.

"The TTFF was happy to brag about the size of those contracts. We made our feelings known and questioned Jack Warner's accounting skills. The TTFF is about Warner and almost no one else. I felt very let down. It was our proudest moment as a football nation and once the offer was made of TT$5,000 a man we felt desperately let down. It was a slap in the face of everything we had done and how we had made the country feel."

Pitched into England's 2006 World Cup group, the Soca Warriors were making their first appearance at the tournament finals, drawing with Sweden, losing narrowly to England before bowing out against Paraguay.

Warner, who is described as the "special adviser" to the TTFF and is not on its board, denies the matter has anything to do with him.

"I have nothing to say about that, it is nothing to do with me. I never appeared in court, I never gave a speech about it; it was for the federation. I have nothing to do with that. It doesn't bother me even remotely," he said.

A previous high court judgment found the FIFA vice-president was "at all material times the authority of the TTFF" in the negotiations with players over their World Cup bonuses.

The players believe they should have been due closer to £260,000 each and the high court will rule on Friday whether to force the TTFF to prepare audited accounts of the sums it received in relation to the 2006 World Cup.

The players have also pressed for a US$6m (£1.87m) interim payment from the TTFF.

"Anyone who has followed Trinidadian football knows that transparency is a huge issue," said Hislop. "No one knows what comes in and what goes out. There are huge cheques from the government and no one knows what comes in and where it goes."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

giggsy11

« Reply #462 on: November 30, 2010, 08:34:15 AM »
just cool,
what you have said bout J.Warner is probably exactly what I said about the man about 1 year ago,I was immediately described a UNC supporter by many on this MB.I really dont care what people say but I will continue to give the man credit for the position he has attained in one of the biggest and riches organisation in the world.There is a programme on BBC1 to-nite at 8.30pm,FIFA'S Dirty secret,its all about teefing...its not only JW.
I wonder if people think that JW just strolled into his present position,as a black man from a small country that must have taken a lot of strength and hard work,he should be a role model for every citizen of Trinidad and Tobago

I am sure hard work and strength has gone into making him the most powerful Trinidadian out there, but don't forget the  heavy dose of ruthlessness, heartlessness and narcissism that is part of his DNA. He has uses his power to keep the status quo going so as to maintain his lofty status. He also found an organization where he could further cultivate and enhance all that he stands for. 

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 30, 2010, 08:49:38 AM »

Ent!!...I feel if he request ah wine from Kate and Elizabeth at de wedding reception dey go oblige
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

giggsy11

« Reply #464 on: November 30, 2010, 08:57:11 AM »

Ent!!...I feel if he request ah wine from Kate and Elizabeth at de wedding reception dey go oblige

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Or even a las lap with Kate!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Corruption in FIFA - The Jack Warner Story
« Reply #465 on: November 30, 2010, 07:56:16 PM »
The Corruption in FIFA - The Jack Warner Story
sportdw.blogspot.com

In the first part of this series, we were introduced to the President of CONCACAF – the Trinidadian Jack Warner. Warner was the man who was involved in substituting a mysterious woman – the wife of the head of the Jamaican Football Federation – into the place of the absent Haitian delegate in the 1996 FIFA Congress.

He is one of Sepp Blatter’s closest friends and allies in football. “A wonderful and loyal friend. He is very competent and I just have to say that Jack is one of the top personalities in the world of football,” is how Blatter would describe the controversial Warner.

However, his popularity does not reach quite such heights in his own backyard. In Trinidad, he is described by many as a dictator, who has built his power at the expense of others and who has used his position within FIFA to serve his own financial goals. He has been called a ‘clown’ and a ‘disgrace’ by Roy Keane, and is deeply unpopular with the Trinidad and Tobago national team players for reasons we shall see later.

When meeting the Queen at Buckingham Palace, he complained to her that British companies were failing to spend their sponsorship money on football in Trinidad and Tobago. He has supported the corrupt former UNC government in the country, and estimates suggest that through his FIFA connections, he has amassed a fortune of almost £20m.

His first role in football came as the general secretary of the Trinidad Football Association. He immediately entrenched his power by setting up numerous organisations filled with his people, who could exercise voting rights should he come under threat from a competitor. He rapidly spotted a chance for further promotion when he ran for the presidency of the Caribbean Football Union, which came with the added prize of a seat on the FIFA Executive Committee.

One of the first instances where Warner came in for criticism over his seemingly insatiable desire to profit from football was back in 1989. Trinidad & Tobago were one result away from their first ever appearance in the World Cup. They needed only a point against the mighty Americans in Port of Spain to reach the global showpiece.

Jack Warner announced that extra tickets would be printed for the game and that alcohol restrictions within the ground would be lifted. The capacity of the stadium was 28,500. The local paper accused Warner of printing over 45,000 tickets.

Due to the crush of people, the ground was opened early. People crowded into the ground, filling every seat and aisle, whilst the bars served a roaring trade. Jack Warner relaxed in the VIP lounge with his pre-match drink, oblivious to the chaos outside.

Thousands of angry fans, who had spent their money on tickets to Trinidad’s biggest match in living memory, were stuck outside, unable to get into the ground. Opinion turned against Warner, who became the target of the crowd’s anger. The minibus carrying the Trinidad players was unable to get through the crowd, and in the end, the players had to be carried over the heads of the masses and into the stadium.

In the days following the chaos, Jack Warner had to backtrack on his original report to FIFA where he claimed that he had sold 43k tickets for the match. In a press briefing later, he claimed that they had only sold the 28,500 tickets that the stadium could cope with, and the turnstile figures of 34,834 were clearly wrong.

Soon, the government became involved, appointing an independent commission to look into the events. The words of the head of the commission speak strongly about Warner:
“Did Warner believe he was God or merely think he was running the country?”

Following the incident, Jack Warner resigned as head of the country’s football association, but had ambitions of a far greater nature. He was in negotiations with Chuck Blazer, commissioner of the American Soccer League, to challenge for the presidency of CONCACAF and become one of the most powerful men in world football.

He eventually won the election with 16 votes compared with 10 against him. Despite the fact that the other candidates had all withdrawn, he was still only able to get just over 60% of the vote.

We now fast forward twelve years to 2001. Jack Warner had managed to manipulate FIFA into awarding the U17 World Cup to Trinidad & Tobago. He named himself chairman of the tournament organising committee, an appointment that was approved by FIFA’s six-man finance committee (of which Jack Warner was a senior member) and the executive committee (of which Jack Warner was a vice-president). So, in other words, he appointed and then approved himself to organise a tournament that he had awarded to his home country.

Five new stadia were built by companies linked to associates of Jack Warner. When technical staff from the broadcasting companies visited the new stadia, they discovered that roof beams and cables would obstruct the cameras views of the pitch. When they tried to question Warner and FIFA over this, they were sidelined.

All the food and beverage contracts for the new stadia were awarded to a local restaurant business. Seems legitimate at first glances. However, if we look at the owner of the local business, we find the name Daryan Warner. Jack Warner awarded these lucrative contracts to his son.

The fifteen teams that were travelling in to compete in the tournament needed a travel agency to arrange their flights and accommodation. On the recommendation of Warner, Simpaul’s Travel service, a family-owned travel agency, was awarded the deal. And which family was it owned by? You guessed it, the Warner family.

That is not all. FIFA were experimenting with introducing kiosks in hotel lobbies to enable fans to access instant reports and breaking news. The contract was with a company called Semtor, and with the help of Blatter, Warner forced through the deal worth around US$2m. The catch? The project manager for Semtor was none other than Daryan Warner, who picked up a check for US$60k as ‘management liaison between all web initiative consultants.’

We now head forward in time again to late 2005. Trinidad & Tobago have just qualified for the World Cup for the first time after Dennis Lawrence’s header beat Bahrain to send them to Germany. The only way that Trinidadians can get tickets for their team’s first round matches? Simpaul Travel Services. The company owned by Jack Warner.

For a hefty fee of £2,730.53, fans would get tickets for the three group stage games and shared accommodation. According to a Trinidad journalist, Simpaul Travel were making a profit of over £1,700 on each package sold. Indeed, the Independent newspaper in England suggested that Warner could make a profit of over £10m on his country’s ticket allocation.

A privately appointed committee was responsible for handling the sponsorship and merchandising for the team. Following a request from a London-based business, they requested a fee of US$80k, plus 5% of gross sales of the proposed merchandise. And who could the representative of this mysterious private committee be? Daryll Warner – another of Jack’s sons. How convenient.

Indeed, FIFA regulations even stated that packaging tickets with other services is not permitted. So, Warner’s own company was completely ignoring FIFA’s own rules, whilst he was accused selling FIFA tickets for his own personal profit.

And what of the players? They had been promised 50% of the commercial profit revenues during their qualifying matches and their World Cup matches in Germany. Warner’s own accountant drew up the accounts, but had mysteriously lost the copies of the hotel bills amongst others. No problem. They simply estimated the cost (higher of course), and moved on. He also decided that a third of the sponsorship money was really intended for the 2010 World Cup campaign, thus reducing the total pot by over £360k.

Overall, in excess of TT$173m (£17.4m) flowed into the coffers of the Trinidad & Tobago accounts from that campaign, with 50% of the revenues going to the players involved. So, how much did each player receive? A whopping £492.86. Shaka Hislop wrote to Warner complaining that “you have continually proven yourself heavily biased and opinionated in this matter.” Each player should have received in the region of £260k each. Significantly higher than the almost £500 they were actually offered.

A judgement in the courts concerning that case is expected in the coming hours or days, but it begs the question as to what happened to all the money that seems to have disappeared. Unseen costs? Lost in transit? Or possibly lining the pockets of various officials?

So while Jack Warner has controlled Caribbean football and CONCACAF with his almost dictator-like reign, he and his sons and friends have all been doing very nicely out of the money that should have been invested in football in Trinidad and the local fans. Is this really the type of man that we want in a senior position of power in the beautiful game?

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 30, 2010, 08:38:35 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Or even a las lap with Kate!

:rotfl:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner hands England bid boost
« Reply #467 on: November 30, 2010, 11:27:53 PM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=847616&sec=global&cc=5901

ESPNsoccernet: Global 

Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Warner hands England bid boost

FIFA powerbroker Jack Warner has handed England's 2018 World Cup bid a significant boost after meeting Prime Minister David Cameron by praising English football's international development work.
Jack Warner (pictured with Sepp Blatter) is said to be key to England's bid. (GettyImages)

• Warner key to success
• Brewin: Losing bid but principles kept
• Beckham confident over bid
• Arshavin: World Cup will change Russia
• Asia chief denies Iberia support
• England bid in serious doubt

Warner had a 20-minute meeting in a suite in Zurich's Baur au Lac hotel at which England 2018's David Dein was also present.

The FIFA vice-president, who is also a senior government minister in his native Trinidad, talked about the changing global political climate as well as England's bid. Warner's vote is pivotal to England's hopes - as president of CONCACAF he should be able to deliver a block of three votes to one bid.

Warner said: ''The British Prime Minister understands the importance and power of football. He reiterated his government's commitment to the World Cup and spoke extensively about England's legacy programme.

''A World Cup isn't a one-off event. It is an investment in a country and its people. It is an event which must be seen as a catalyst for social transformation in any nation. The power of football to unite the world can never and should never be underestimated.

''Prime Minister Cameron articulated and reaffirmed England's support to the developing football nations. Over the last decade England has supported not only CONCACAF but all federations in their development activities and I must commend the Prime Minister and the FA for that.''

Cameron also met FIFA executive committee members Marios Lefkaritis and Mohammed bin Hammam as well as the Emir of Qatar.

After meeting Cameron, Warner spoke to USA president Barack Obama on the phone and guaranteed his support for USA's 2022 bid.

Warner added: ''President Obama understands the importance of sport but more importantly he understands the global appeal of football and all this beautiful game represents.

''President Obama commended CONCACAF on all it has achieved under my leadership and I thanked him for his kind sentiments. He emphasised the fact that the US is ready to host this World Cup and that his government is fully behind the bid team.

''He asked for my support in their quest to host the World Cup in 2022. It is a request which I will acquiesce to. The CONCACAF family remains united behind its own, the US is our member. Like the principles of our game we cannot turn our back on our family. I will say it again for the 2022 World Cup CONCACAF is behind the USA.''

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 01, 2010, 05:12:19 AM »
Yuh know what killing me with the English??  Their facilities alone already make them miles ahead of the competition, yeah dey expensive no arse for me to travel to but dey really shouldn't have to grovel like this....its sickening to watch....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #469 on: December 01, 2010, 05:15:47 AM »
Warner gives Obama nod for US World Cup
By WALTER ALIBEY (Newsday).

UNITED States (US) President Barack Obama held talks with vice president of FIFA Jack Warner yesterday, after which Warner pledged his support for the US bid to host the 2022 World Cup.

Obama’s discussions with Warner, FIFA’s longest serving vice president, came via telephone soon after Warner met with British Prime Minister David Cameron in Zurich, Switzerland at the Baur au Lac Hotel, not too far from FIFA’s headquarters where voting will take place tomorrow.

Warner, the Works and Transport Minister in the People’s Partnership Government, holds the power of three crucial CONCACAF votes which would determine the hosts of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

Talks with Obama came as a major boost for the US, CONCACAF football giants, as Warner had already held audiences with former US president Bill Clinton. He also met with Obama in the US on July 27, 2009. Concerning the US bid, the 67-year-old Warner stated publicly that CONCACAF had already committed itself to support the Americans. “The CONCACAF family remains committed behind its own,” Warner said.

The US is in a toss-up with Japan, Australia, Qatar and South Korea for the 2022 World Cup while England is facing stiff competition for the right to stage the 2018 tournament by Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and Russia.

The US hosted the World Cup back in 1994 when their team was booted out in the round of 16 by the eventual winners Brazil. Should the US be given the chance to host the 2022 World Cup there would be a lot more to gain with their team making regular appearances at the quarter-final rounds of subsequent World Cups and their economy in dire need of a boost.

Warner, who is also a long serving president of CONCACAF and the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), described talks with Obama as enlightening and added the US President not only understood the power of sport but also the global appeal for football. (See Page 46A)

Obama later commended CONCACAF and all it achieved under the leadership of Warner and stated his country is ready to host the 2022 World Cup.

Meanwhile, Warner expressed his pleasure with the England bid in an earlier release but noted the final outcome would depend on which country could convince the FIFA executive committee the most tomorrow.

Warner met with Prince William over the past three days before his talks in Zurich with Cameron yesterday. According to a statement, Warner and Cameron spoke on a number of issues, among which was the changing global political climate, apart from the 2018 World Cup. Afterwards both men exchanged phone numbers.After the meeting, Warner, who is also Special Adviser to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), said Cameron reiterated his government’s commitment to the World Cup.

He described England’s bid as a legacy programme and said a World Cup was not a one-off event but an investment in a country and its people.

According to Warner, Cameron reaffirmed his country’s support to developing football nations, a job England has done by assisting not only CONCACAF but regional federations in the past through the English Football Association. (FA).
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 01, 2010, 05:46:51 AM »
Yuh know what killing me with the English??  Their facilities alone already make them miles ahead of the competition, yeah dey expensive no arse for me to travel to but dey really shouldn't have to grovel like this....its sickening to watch....
         :rotfl: Is not only the English,why you so hard on them,USA and Russia doing the same thing,you not seeing the big picture it's more than just Football,check the politics involved.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 01, 2010, 05:49:30 AM »
         :rotfl: Is not only the English,why you so hard on them,USA and Russia doing the same thing,you not seeing the big picture it's more than just Football,check the politics involved.

Oh gorm man Coop's you self...is ENGLAND!!!  There shouldn't even be a contest.... ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #472 on: December 01, 2010, 06:54:06 AM »

They have to grovel. These bids have little to do with infrastructure and actual readiness.

The English fighting a losing battle. the funny thing is nobody talking about 2022. By rights it should be USA or Australia but Qatar have a deal cut for those supporting Spain in 2018 to support them in 2022.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 01, 2010, 07:11:04 AM »
What a splendid ambassador for our country.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

giggsy11

« Reply #474 on: December 01, 2010, 07:11:59 AM »
Jack Warner have these grown arse men dance like puppets to the beat of his drum and just doing all kinds of things just tuh be considered for the World Cup. Fascinating but so pitiful! I wonder if some of it is payback. I am sure dey hate his black arse more than we do!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 01, 2010, 07:16:52 AM »
What a splendid ambassador for our country.

When u use frico dictionary and u look up Role Model a picture of Jack does pop up.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner slams Boyz for pay protest
« Reply #476 on: December 07, 2010, 01:14:02 PM »
Warner slams Boyz for pay protest
Jamaica Gleaner
Audley Boyd, Assistant Editor - Sport
FORT-DE-FRANCE, Martinique

The Reggae Boyz have come in for some stinging criticism from regional football boss Austin 'Jack' Warner for their stance against the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) during the just-concluded Digicel Caribbean Cup.

Additionally, he has promised to change current regulations to facilitate the replacement of players in future tournaments, should such a situation arise again.

After beating Antigua and Barbuda 2-0 in their opening match, the Jamaican team issued the JFF an ultimatum to be paid total per diem of US$1,200 plus 80 percent of any cash prize won, or they would have withdrawn.

However, Captain Horace Burrell, president of the cash-strapped JFF, used his own funds to meet their per diem demands.

Speaking to the local media here after Jamaica won the title, Warner, who is the CONCACAF and Caribbean Football Union president, said: "First of all, I congratulate Jamaica on their success."

Afterwards, he lambasted the Jamaica football team, saying, "national pride must take precedence over mercenary feelings."

"I have felt in many ways the pain of Captain Burrell, because what he had to go through to reach this stage, for me it was tough," said Warner.

"To be held to ransom, and in my humble view, to be blackmailed by a team is unacceptable, and I want to say to you that the pain he has felt I feel for him, for the Caribbean, because it is a precedent that will be set in the Caribbean, unless we begin to stop it at this point in time."

Continuing Warner, who is also a FIFA vice-president, said: "In fact, I have told him even the rules shall be amended to facilitate countries bringing in teams at the last minute that face this situation.

"National pride must take precedence over money. National pride must take precedence over mercenary feelings and in that context, therefore, I'm pained. But at the end of the day, Captain stood up as a big man and he has saved the day; and today, Jamaica and the whole Caribbean are happy, not because Guadeloupe have lost, but because in my humble view, a bona fide country has won and therefore football in the Caribbean has been saved, also."

Warner, who made the championship presentation, said: "Guadeloupe put up a very good game. In fact, I would challenge any country in CONCACAF to play against Guadeloupe and believe it is a walkover."

Jamaica earned US$120,000 for retaining the title - their fifth overall - and Warner says it will be disbursed to the JFF within 15 days.

"Normally it (prize money) takes 30 days, but I will pay in 15 days because all he (Burrell) has to get is about US$14,000, and if those guys were so desperate. And by the way, the guys who are desperate are the guys who make the most money in football, not local Jamaicans you know. Before they die, I will pay it in 15 days so as to save their lives," said Warner.

The Trinidad and Tobago Transport Minister also commented on his team's performance, saying they will have to 'restructure.'

Regional championship

With eight titles, the Trinidadians have won the regional championship the most, but they were eliminated in the group round-robin phase.

"We played badly and we paid the price for playing badly," observed Warner. "Trinidad and Tobago now has to sit down and restructure its football. A meeting has been called for December 11 with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation and I'll be there. We're going to look at the football and see what are the short-term and long-term plans."

He added: "We can't continue the way we are going, and we can't survive if even we get four places in the World Cup, as I believe we will get. We will not, of course, survive on the present team we have, or the structure or system we have, and therefore we have to sit down ..."
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner slams Boyz for pay protest
« Reply #477 on: December 07, 2010, 02:15:39 PM »
LOUDDDDDDDDDDD
STEUPSSSSSSSSSS

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 07, 2010, 02:25:27 PM »
December 11th is DDay for Latapy

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 07, 2010, 02:39:07 PM »
Of course Warner doh like dat, crooks doh like to pay out money.
f**k off Jack Warner, f**k de f**k off.

1]; } ?>