April 19, 2024, 06:10:10 PM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 426080 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Fifa vice-president Jack Warner resigns
« Reply #810 on: June 20, 2011, 10:07:59 AM »
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Sadly it means Warner will continue to run TT football but with no ass licking (bribe) how will TT football manage?

Perhaps this will be the catalyst to get rid of him and the TTFF puppets wholesale.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 20, 2011, 10:19:02 AM »
Jack resigning from FIFA doh mean nothing as it relates to T&T Football. He still in charge and the one pulling all the strings...when that stop then I go be happy!

Big Up!

:thumbsup:

When the players get their money, Camps resigns and JW is no longer Special Advisor to the TTFF then and only then we will have cause to celebrate that T&T football has been released from the stranglehold and can start to move forward!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 11:15:51 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 20, 2011, 10:29:25 AM »
is he going to move out of the Centre of Excellence?

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 20, 2011, 10:35:28 AM »
Jack Warner Resigns - Big Soccer

After persistent rumors all weekend long, FIFA Soccer News Topics announced this morning that Vice President Jack Warner has resigned.

In a negotiated deal, FIFA is dropping the investigation of Warners' activities in connection with the Port-of-Spain Soccer News Topics Bribe-o-Rama on May 10 & 11.

I think it's probably more accurate to say - although I haven't seen this particular verbiage - that, since obviously the affair cannot possibly be investigated without looking into Warners' role, FIFA has agreed not to publish a finding in his case.

Warner has agreed to quit all of his positions in International soccer, including Vice President of FIFA, President of CONCACAF, President of the Caribbean Football Union, member of the FIFA Executive Committee and, of course, Special Advisor to the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation.

Here's the entire statement from FIFA:

Jack A. Warner has informed FIFA about his resignation from his posts in international football.

FIFA regrets the turn of events that have led to Mr Warner’s decision.

His resignation has been accepted by world football’s governing body, and his contribution to international football and to Caribbean football in particular and the CONCACAF confederation are appreciated and acknowledged.

Mr Warner is leaving FIFA by his own volition after nearly 30 years of service, having chosen to focus on his important work on behalf of the people and government of Trinidad and Tobago as a Cabinet Minister and as the Chairman of the United National Congress, the major party in his country’s coalition government.

The FIFA Executive Committee, the FIFA President and the FIFA management thank Mr Warner for his services to Caribbean, CONCACAF and international football over his many years devoted to football at both regional and international level, and wish him well for the future.

As a consequence of Mr Warner’s self-determined resignation, all Ethics Committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained.

That sound you just heard was the starters' pistol beginning the mad scramble for the posts and the power he's leaving behind.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 20, 2011, 10:48:41 AM »
There's your bombshell right there  :o
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 20, 2011, 10:50:27 AM »
Jack Warner Resigns - Big Soccer

After persistent rumors all weekend long, FIFA Soccer News Topics announced this morning that Vice President Jack Warner has resigned.

In a negotiated deal, FIFA is dropping the investigation of Warners' activities in connection with the Port-of-Spain Soccer News Topics Bribe-o-Rama on May 10 & 11.

I think it's probably more accurate to say - although I haven't seen this particular verbiage - that, since obviously the affair cannot possibly be investigated without looking into Warners' role, FIFA has agreed not to publish a finding in his case.

Warner has agreed to quit all of his positions in International soccer, including Vice President of FIFA, President of CONCACAF, President of the Caribbean Football Union, member of the FIFA Executive Committee and, of course, Special Advisor to the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation.
Here's the entire statement from FIFA:

Jack A. Warner has informed FIFA about his resignation from his posts in international football.

FIFA regrets the turn of events that have led to Mr Warner’s decision.

His resignation has been accepted by world football’s governing body, and his contribution to international football and to Caribbean football in particular and the CONCACAF confederation are appreciated and acknowledged.

Mr Warner is leaving FIFA by his own volition after nearly 30 years of service, having chosen to focus on his important work on behalf of the people and government of Trinidad and Tobago as a Cabinet Minister and as the Chairman of the United National Congress, the major party in his country’s coalition government.

The FIFA Executive Committee, the FIFA President and the FIFA management thank Mr Warner for his services to Caribbean, CONCACAF and international football over his many years devoted to football at both regional and international level, and wish him well for the future.

As a consequence of Mr Warner’s self-determined resignation, all Ethics Committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained.

That sound you just heard was the starters' pistol beginning the mad scramble for the posts and the power he's leaving behind.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 20, 2011, 10:53:12 AM »
Thanks for the years Jack.

I never thought I would see this day.

Would be interested to see How Central America and the US try to convince the West Indians who should take over. Hopefully a west Indian can win again.

Maybe the Jamaican.

The West Indies has the votes but how do they keep together.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 20, 2011, 11:01:39 AM »
Center of excellence will soon close. depending on who take over all fifa conference will stop....just to spite Jack.. What a sad day for Joe Public as well. No more free games for TnT national team , and money for foreign coach gone as well.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 20, 2011, 11:06:11 AM »
Tweet from Martyn Ziegler

FIFA say under Swiss law no longer have jursidiction over Warner, will re-open inquiry if he returns to football & has no immunity offered.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 20, 2011, 11:11:33 AM »
Jack Warner's statement on resignation.

FINAL   STATEMENT

By   letter dated June 17, 2011, and effective on that date - as confirmed by the   world football governing body - I resigned the positions I had long held as   FIFA Vice President, President of CONCACAF and President of the Caribbean   Football Union.

This   decision is by my own volition and self-determination; albeit it comes during   the sequel to the contentious Mohammed bin Hammam meeting in Port of Spain in   May with CFU Delegates.

I   am convinced, and I am advised by Counsel, that since my actions did not   extend beyond facilitating the meeting that gave Mr. bin Hammam an opportunity   to pursue his aborted bid for the FIFA presidency, I would be fully exonerated   by any objective arbiter.

I   have, nonetheless, arrived at the decision to withdraw from FIFA affairs in   order to spare FIFA, CONCACAF and, in   particular, CFU and its   membership, from further acrimony and divisiveness arising from this   and related issues.

I   am gratified that FIFA has acknowledged my service to international and   regional football over several decades.

It   is also a special source of satisfaction to me that during my tenure,   capacities and facilities in the Caribbean were upgraded to levels that   enabled the region to host several FIFA World Cup Finals.

I   sincerely hope that the Caribbean Football Union will continue to fight above   its weight in FIFA and CONCACAF affairs.

With   my withdrawal from service in international football, I shall, henceforth, be   concentrating exclusively on my lifelong commitment to the service of the   people of Trinidad and Tobago, currently as Chairman of the major party in our   governing coalition and as a Cabinet Minister in the Government of our   Republic.

I   shall continue to encourage the youth of the Caribbean and the world to deepen   their involvement in football, which has lifted so many young people out of   hopelessness and risk to personal achievement, while bringing glory to their   respective countries.

Respectfully   submitted

Jack   Warner

June 20,   2011

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #820 on: June 20, 2011, 11:12:51 AM »
This is like Capone going down on Tax Evasion, they finally get him on something. I wonder if he will still be parroting talk about him not facilitating the bribes.

Said it earlier, Jack get careless. This operation was too brazen (not as brazen as ticket or leave it) and it seems he didn't even care to check if he was bribing willing conspirators.

With all of that though, he woulda still get off if Blazer didn't put in the legal homework before bussin the mark and if FIFA it wasn't during this relatively bad media period that FIFA experiencing.

Will be interesting to see if he will try to prop up a puppet to continue taking advantage of the CFU numbers or if the CFU is now fractured so much that they will let the north and central americans take over.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 20, 2011, 11:22:15 AM »
Burrell vs Blazer in the octagon....Blatter is the ref.
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 20, 2011, 11:23:43 AM »
Center of excellence will soon close. depending on who take over all fifa conference will stop....just to spite Jack.. What a sad day for Joe Public as well. No more free games for TnT national team , and money for foreign coach gone as well.

When last have we played any team of note in a friendly anyway?

As far as I know it’s the Ministry of Sports (aka T&T taxpayers) and not JW acquired bribe money that is being used to pay Pfister!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 20, 2011, 11:23:50 AM »
I now printing up meh 'Free Jack Warner' tee shirts. oh well
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 20, 2011, 11:25:47 AM »
I now printing up meh 'Free Jack Warner' tee shirts. oh well

Diamondtrim say he go still buy ah box
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: June 20, 2011, 11:51:45 AM »
http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/media/newsid=1455834/index.html

FIFA scandal
Warner: I've been hung out to dry
June 20, 2011
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Jack Warner, who quit his post as FIFA vice-president on Monday, claims he has been ''hung out to dry'' and insists the giving of gifts has been part of FIFA culture during his 30 years in the organisation.

Warner was also president of the CONCACAF federation of countries from the Caribbean and north and central America until he was reported to FIFA by CONCACAF's general secretary Chuck Blazer and became the focus of an investigation into corruption in world football's governing body.

Warner told Bloomberg: ''It's not unusual for such things to happen and gifts have been around throughout the history of FIFA. What's happening now for me is hypocrisy.

''I have lost my enthusiasm to continue. The general secretary that I had employed, who worked with me for 21 years, with the assistance of elements of FIFA has sought to undermine me in ways that are unimaginable.

''This is giving the impression that FIFA is sanitising itself. I've been hung out to dry continually and I'm not prepared to take that.''

Warner insisted in a statement he would have been exonerated by the ethics committee.

He said: ''This decision is by my own volition and self-determination; albeit it comes during the sequel to the contentious Mohammed Bin Hammam meeting in Port of Spain in May with CFU Delegates.

''I am convinced, and I am advised by counsel, that since my actions did not extend beyond facilitating the meeting that gave Mr Bin Hammam an opportunity to pursue his aborted bid for the FIFA presidency, I would be fully exonerated by any objective arbiter.

''I have, nonetheless, arrived at the decision to withdraw from FIFA affairs in order to spare FIFA, CONCACAF and, in particular, CFU and its membership, from further acrimony and divisiveness arising from this and related issues.

''I am gratified that FIFA has acknowledged my service to international and regional football over several decades.

''It is also a special source of satisfaction to me that during my tenure, capacities and facilities in the Caribbean were upgraded to levels that enabled the region to host several FIFA World Cup finals.

''I sincerely hope that the Caribbean Football Union will continue to fight above its weight in FIFA and CONCACAF affairs.

''With my withdrawal from service in international football, I shall, henceforth, be concentrating exclusively on my lifelong commitment to the service of the people of Trinidad and Tobago, currently as chairman of the major party in our governing coalition and as a Cabinet Minister in the Government of our Republic.

''I shall continue to encourage the youth of the Caribbean and the world to deepen their involvement in football, which has lifted so many young people out of hopelessness and risk to personal achievement, while bringing glory to their respective countries.''

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 20, 2011, 11:52:50 AM »
Ooh Guuude!  Nothing lasts forever Jack. This is only the beginning.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 20, 2011, 12:03:27 PM »
I have mixed feelings about this, to be honest.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 20, 2011, 12:04:22 PM »
Now we could purge the TTFF of dem inept administrators and really get this thing going.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 20, 2011, 12:05:17 PM »
Me too.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 20, 2011, 12:06:08 PM »
Now we could purge the TTFF of dem inept administrators and really get this thing going.
Keep dreamin buddy. that iz ah different animal altogether.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 20, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »

Well, it would really force the TTFF to get its house in order and stop waiting on hand-me-downs from Warner.  The reliance for funding seems to have shifted to the gov't for now, but with a change in regime, the TTFF could see some hard times, unless they install some competent officers and embark on a program of transparency and accountability.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 20, 2011, 12:08:34 PM »
Keep dreamin buddy. that iz ah different animal altogether.

Really alluding to this potentially being a catalyst for change.  I could see Camps and others eventually throwing in the towel too, but there will have to be pressure on the administration.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:21:49 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 20, 2011, 12:10:56 PM »
I want to hear it from JW's lips that he is no longer Special Advisor to the TTFF and is no longer pulling stings to keep Camps in his lifelong position as President of the TTFF and then I may have cause to start celebrating!

Next chapter: The TTFF must show proper accounts for the 2006 World Cup finals and our 2006 World Cup players must get their full bonus money or whoever steal their money must make ah jail!

The end of this on his month should be interesting! Will the TTFF finally show proper 2006 World Cup accounts?  :mackdaddy:

JW's drinking pardner Coop's already say there's no way on earth that's happening!!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:50:49 PM by Socapro »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 20, 2011, 12:19:42 PM »
I notice he eh put special adviser to the TTFF ... BUT ANYWAY HE GONE HE GONE HE GONE YES now CAMPS
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 20, 2011, 12:20:42 PM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/929245/warner-quits-fifa-as-bribery-charges-dropped?cc=3888

Warner resigns from FIFA post
June 20, 2011
By ESPNsoccernet staff

FIFA have confirmed that vice president Jack Warner has resigned from all his positions in international football and that an investigation into bribery allegations against him have been dropped.

Jack Warner: Has quit FIFA and CONCACAF
Warner, who was also head of the CONCACAF federation, had been suspended along with Asian federation chief Mohamed bin Hammam over accusations of bribery during the presidential election.

World football's governing body said the investigation against Warner, the longest-serving member of FIFA's executive committee, had "been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained''.

FIFA released a statement which read: "Jack A. Warner has informed FIFA about his resignation from his posts in international football. FIFA regrets the turn of events that have led to Mr Warner's decision.

"His resignation has been accepted by world football's governing body, and his contribution to international football and to Caribbean football in particular and the CONCACAF confederation are appreciated and acknowledged.

"Mr Warner is leaving FIFA by his own volition after nearly 30 years of service, having chosen to focus on his important work on behalf of the people and government of Trinidad & Tobago as a Cabinet Minister and as the Chairman of the United National Congress, the major party in his country's coalition government.

"The FIFA executive committee, the FIFA president and the FIFA management thank Mr Warner for his services to Caribbean, CONCACAF and international football over his many years devoted to football at both regional and international level, and wish him well for the future.

"As a consequence of Mr Warner's self-determined resignation, all ethics committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained.''

However, Damian Collins, the Tory MP who has been campaigning for FIFA reforms, condemned the decision to drop the investigation into Warner.

He said: ''This just shows FIFA can't be trusted to do it by themselves. The whole investigation has been a complete farce. There have been stories of countries refusing to take part in the inquiry. Jack Warner has gone from protesting his innocence to resigning from FIFA, who now drop the inquiry into him.

''There has been no proper investigation by FIFA - that's the most serious thing. It's a bigger question than Jack Warner's role, it's about the integrity of the organisation. I don't see why this should be the end of the investigation just because he has resigned.''

Warner and Bin Hammam were suspended last month after they were accused of giving or offering bribes of $40,000 to the 25 members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU). The total sum involved was $1 million according to a report to the FIFA ethics committee.

Affidavits sent to the ethics committee testify that Warner told the CFU members at the special meeting in Trinidad on May 10 and 11 the cash had been provided by Bin Hammam, who was then running for FIFA president.

Bahamas FA vice-president Fred Lunn said he had been given the cash in a brown envelope which he photographed before returning.

Lunn said in his affidavit that the following day "Mr Warner stated that he had instructed Mr Bin Hammam to bring the cash equivalent of any gift he had intended to bring for the people attending this meeting.

"Mr Warner then stated that the money could be used for any purpose... for grassroots programs or any purpose the individuals saw fit.''

The president of the Surinam FA, Louis Giskus, also confirmed earlier this month that he was given $40,000 in a brown envelope as a gift. A number of other associations have told investigators that they too were given the cash. Some kept it, others returned the money.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 20, 2011, 12:46:28 PM »

Big time! Jack has essentially received immunity from FIFA while casting himself as the victim of hypocrisy. With his money, he will continue to be the king maker in the region. Brilliant move on his part.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 20, 2011, 12:46:53 PM »
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."
Samuel Johnson
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 20, 2011, 12:50:51 PM »

Your reasons may differ from mine, but I was surprised to catch myself there too, especially where national football development is concerned.

The  CFU still has voting power so I'm not that concerned for that right now. But with all the problems plaguing the game from Pro-league to youth football its really not the best time to have a leadership vaccum, and inevitable infighting in the country. Then again we have not had competent leadership for a long time.

Not to mention the lack of a new generation of competent, experienced administrators (no succession planning by TTFF), or even the possibility that Jack and Co. will continue to exert undue, destructive influnce on the development of the game.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 20, 2011, 12:52:27 PM »
Somebody check Coop's!!!!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>