April 23, 2024, 05:13:57 PM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 426556 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Fifa vice-president Jack Warner resigns
« Reply #840 on: June 20, 2011, 12:55:55 PM »
Somebody check Coop's!!!!

Nowhere to be seen!!!

Maybe he's reading but is too embarassed to post, who knows?!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Jack Warner Thread.
« Reply #841 on: June 20, 2011, 01:01:19 PM »
Hanged
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 20, 2011, 01:03:14 PM »
I predict a split between CFU and CONCACAF as the most politically convenient resolution. CFU would get a .5 berth and play CONCACAF 4th place team to qualify for future world cups. CONCACAF wont risk the chance of another Caribbean-based President who may do Jack's bidding.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 20, 2011, 01:04:44 PM »

Nowhere to be seen!!!

:devil:  Basket doh hold water

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 20, 2011, 01:06:06 PM »

Nowhere to be seen!!!

allyuh come ridin fuh de man arready
leeve mr coop alone nah......he mightn be on the side of the fence yuh like buh de man do yeoman service fuh he country when it come to football

.....now if yuh ride fuh mih pardner diamondtrim and he silk garments, I in dat ;)
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 20, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »
Hanged

Jack may have been hanged but it’s not game until accounts have been shown and either the players get their money or someone makes a jail for not paying up after losing the game!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 20, 2011, 01:25:16 PM »
I predict a split between CFU and CONCACAF as the most politically convenient resolution. CFU would get a .5 berth and play CONCACAF 4th place team to qualify for future world cups. CONCACAF wont risk the chance of another Caribbean-based President who may do Jack's bidding.

You really think Fifa would endorse a Concacaf split along those lines?  That would be the demise of Caribbean football, if you ask me.  Sad to say, but our Caribbean football administrators are lacking administratively.  No disrespect, but it is the truth.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 20, 2011, 01:29:09 PM »
Hanged

Jack may have been hanged but it’s not game until accounts have been shown and either the players get their money or someone makes a jail for not paying up after losing the game;)

That past hanging, that's when Jack will be f**ked.

IF that does happen.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 20, 2011, 01:35:16 PM »

Fifa still corrupt, jack still in government, anil roberts is still minister of sport and Oliver camps still president of TTFF

Trinbago football still in de same spot, but hopefully we could look back and say this is when jack stranglehold on TnT football ended and things changed for the better
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 20, 2011, 01:38:14 PM »
Hanged

Jack may have been hanged but it’s not game until accounts have been shown and either the players get their money or someone makes a jail for not paying up after losing the game;)

That past hanging, that's when Jack will be f**ked.

IF that does happen.

That’s when I’ll allow myself to celebrate!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 20, 2011, 01:38:47 PM »
Center of excellence will soon close. depending on who take over all fifa conference will stop....just to spite Jack.. What a sad day for Joe Public as well. No more free games for TnT national team , and money for foreign coach gone as well.

Man like you sufferin from ah serious case of helsinki syndrome.....

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 20, 2011, 01:42:41 PM »
Wow.....didn't really see this coming. Thought it would have been some long drawn out drama. Well yes. Now is Jacula himself all day every day in allyuh MC. Lord Fadah...

And Fifa drop all investigations presuming innocence? That sound like when you give yuh two week notice and gone so just in case yuh could come back later  :devil:

Look ting.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 20, 2011, 01:42:48 PM »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 20, 2011, 01:48:17 PM »
AH REACH

Brownie say she winning in Bim

GOOD RIDDANCE

Agree wit JDB he got careless but I could care less d cancerous organ has been taken out but d cancer has been spread through out we entire football. But glad dat he gone.

Now on to May 31st and d books.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 20, 2011, 01:51:13 PM »
Is he gone from Trinidad football too? :praying:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: June 20, 2011, 02:01:54 PM »

Unfortunately just the opposite!!

Now T&T taxpayers may be forced to pay for him giving up his FIFA sources of brown envelopes and world cup tickets for re-selling on the black market!!

Someone will have to pay for the short fall as Diamondtrim will need his regular supply of new silk suits!  ;)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 20, 2011, 02:05:03 PM »
This can either mean he has more time to 1. Continue raping our football, especially since it will be his main source of income now 2. Devote himself to turning around our football program for the better.
Hart for president

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 20, 2011, 02:07:50 PM »

Unfortunately just the opposite!!

Now T&T taxpayers may be forced to pay for him giving up his FIFA sources of brown envelopes and world cup tickets for re-selling on the black market!!

Someone will have to pay for the short fall as Diamondtrim will need his regular supply of new silk suits!  ;)

ent!! dais de problem right dey...he 'fire' 3 jobs in one shot, so now he down to just 4 he have time to concentrate on taxpayers $$ as the main income source
Lamborghinis expensive to fill & does drink gas fass fass

weary, brownie on she honeymoon arready?....she faddah had a shotgun in de weddin or wha?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 02:10:26 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 20, 2011, 02:10:26 PM »
This can either mean he has more time to 1. Continue raping our football, especially since it will be his main source of income now 2. Devote himself to turning around our football program for the better.

A leopard cannot change its spots!! Don't be a dotish bobolee!  ???

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 20, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
I have mixed feelings about this, to be honest.

Your reasons may differ from mine, but I was surprised to catch myself there too, especially where national football development is concerned.

The  CFU still has voting power so I'm not that concerned for that right now. But with all the problems plaguing the game from Pro-league to youth football its really not the best time to have a leadership vaccum, and inevitable infighting in the country. Then again we have not had competent leadership for a long time.

Not to mention the lack of a new generation of competent, experienced administrators (no succession planning by TTFF), or even the possibility that Jack and Co. will continue to exert undue, destructive influnce on the development of the game.

You worried about a leadership vacuum? Our entire football program is a vacuum! Any change can be good...so long as that change doesnt mean Jack devotes his entire energy to raping our football some more.
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 20, 2011, 02:13:59 PM »

A leopard cannot change its spots!! Don't be a dotish bobolee!  ???

Lol i didnt say that was the likely scenario...
Hart for president

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 20, 2011, 02:20:25 PM »

You worried about a leadership vacuum?

You actually think Jack will devote himself to making T&T football better?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 20, 2011, 02:30:28 PM »
My rejoicing on hold for many reasons:

-As long as the present administration is in power in the TTFF then Jack is still calling the shots

-As long as the present administration is in power in government Jack still has the ability to be an obstructive, if not destructive force locally, be it in politics or in sport.

-A FIFA probe promised to be damaging to him on both fronts and likely would have effected his removal from government, although that was not guaranteed given how this PP gov't continues to carry on without shame.

- This is good news for us in the long term, but in the short term it hardly helps TnT football as nothing really has changed, certainly no change for the better.  Whatever development funds were sent our way, very little actually trickled down to those doing the "development"... expect even less now, because FIFA ent sending none.

- From a regional and international standpoint this is devastating for our football.  Anti-Jack sentiments run so deep that there very likely will be a strong backlash against us... particularly if a non-CFU CONCACAF President emerges.  Blazer has already demonstrated that he has no respect for the CFU, and a handful of our own members are complicit in perpetrating this thought that the entire CFU is corrupt and untrustworthy.  As a consequence, it is likely that things will revert to how they were before Warner when Caribbean football was paid short shrift by the Mexican and Central American dominated Confederation... except now you have the US in the mix.  Expect plumb assignments and tournaments to be steered away from the region towards the US and Mexico.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 20, 2011, 02:35:33 PM »
Jack plan this since the scandal broke.Remember he said early nothing last forever?it was the first time in over 30 yrs Jack said that.He also said in de earlies if this means it was time to give up FIFA and concentrate on Trinidad and Tobago,so be it.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 20, 2011, 02:40:22 PM »
Well, it would really force the TTFF to get its house in order

So we would like to think...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 20, 2011, 02:51:12 PM »
I have mixed feelings about this, to be honest.
Me too.

Same here. I have a feeling this might put not only T&T but all of the CFU countries under a microscope. This is going to call for more FIFA policing on the administrators in the CFU. This has the potential of becoming an issue about the  "voting power" that the Caribbean has in FIFA. From what I understand, when it comes down to voting, the CFU countries usually vote together on any issue.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 20, 2011, 03:03:13 PM »
My rejoicing on hold for many reasons:

-As long as the present administration is in power in the TTFF then Jack is still calling the shots

-As long as the present administration is in power in government Jack still has the ability to be an obstructive, if not destructive force locally, be it in politics or in sport.

-A FIFA probe promised to be damaging to him on both fronts and likely would have effected his removal from government, although that was not guaranteed given how this PP gov't continues to carry on without shame.

- This is good news for us in the long term, but in the short term it hardly helps TnT football as nothing really has changed, certainly no change for the better.  Whatever development funds were sent our way, very little actually trickled down to those doing the "development"... expect even less now, because FIFA ent sending none.

- From a regional and international standpoint this is devastating for our football.  Anti-Jack sentiments run so deep that there very likely will be a strong backlash against us... particularly if a non-CFU CONCACAF President emerges.  Blazer has already demonstrated that he has no respect for the CFU, and a handful of our own members are complicit in perpetrating this thought that the entire CFU is corrupt and untrustworthy.  As a consequence, it is likely that things will revert to how they were before Warner when Caribbean football was paid short shrift by the Mexican and Central American dominated Confederation... except now you have the US in the mix.  Expect plumb assignments and tournaments to be steered away from the region towards the US and Mexico.

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: In full agreement, but hopefully the CFU can find its collective balls and limit the impact of vindictiveness vis-a-vis it voting/veto power.

Priorities for a new TTFF have to include a complete a purge of the old guard all the way from the administrative core right down to the stadium security companies and grounds crews.  And they they have to recognize that the good old days of manipulating the world  are done and move to suit the new realities. We will probably have a more difficult time qualifying out of CONCACAF youth tournaments, far less opening  a World Cup against the host nation again.

They won't be able to make money in the same way or in the same quantities so a strong relationship with the business community must be pursued.

As far as the short term effect on the local games goes...it could turn out to be very long term depending on how long it takes to remove or retard the influence of JW and his cronies, how much of finacial strain will be caused by the TTFF's funding and accounting discrepancies, and how long before people who know what they are doing emerge from the mess.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 03:07:08 PM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 20, 2011, 03:10:45 PM »
Well look bachanal here today!!!  I in Bim enjoying mih lil vacation (no Dutty ah not on mih honeymoon lawd fadder, Tallman yuh see what yuh start....  ::)) I walking in de people bus terminal in Bridgetown minding mih own business when de 12 pm news come on de radio announcing this thing.....well ah was done vex cuz mih phone eh roaming so no blackberry access (long story  ::)) and ah eh nowhere near ah internet connection so ah could log on here and palance....

Ah finally get ah hold of Weary (Patriot ah did call you too, yuh get mih message??)  and ah tell she to tell all yuh ah wining in Bim.....

Well since ah here in de flesh now....I might as well......

:wavetowel: :wavetowel: :flamethrower: :applause: :applause: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Get out of T&T football now yuh nasty, tiefing, tie tongue vampire and take Scamps, Rodent and de rest with you!!!!

Call mih when all yuh ready to pack......ah goh do it for free!!!!.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 20, 2011, 04:36:10 PM »
Warner's departure poses more questions than answers

David Bond | 17:23 UK time, Monday, 20 June 2011

So what does Jack Warner's resignation tell us about Sepp Blatter's promise to make Fifa more transparent?

On the one hand few who have observed Fifa's lack of accountability will be sorry to see Warner go after 30 years at the top of Fifa.

The former vice-president has been at the centre of many corruption storms and it is no surprise that, facing an ethics investigation into claims he arranged to bribe members of the Caribbean Football Union on behalf of the former presidential candidate Mohamed Bin Hammam, he chose to quit before he was pushed.

But in doing so he has denied football and Fifa the opportunity of a proper airing of the claims against him. In announcing his resignation on Monday, Fifa said all matters relating to the ethics committee investigation were closed with Warner presumed innocent (neat phrase, that).

This is Blatter's old Fifa at work. A deal done behind the scenes leaving us all wondering what really went on.

This is exactly what Blatter was promising to change when he was given another overwhelming vote of confidence by the football world in Zurich at the start of the month.

One Fifa member told me that he believed Warner's departure represented a "start". But I am not so sure.

What if Bin Hammam, the man accused of trying to buy votes with wads of dollar bills at an unofficial meeting in Trinidad last month, now also resigns? Will we ever hear the truth of what really went on?

What about Warner's promise of a tsunami? Did he ever really know anything about other Fifa members and has he now elected to keep his mouth shut to save his reputation and his political career back home?

What will now happen to all those Caribbean countries and officials who were paid the money and who are holding on to it? Will the investigation still go ahead?

Yes, Warner's departure from the executive committee of Fifa will do wonders to improve Fifa's image. But it still poses a lot of questions about the way Fifa operates.

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 20, 2011, 04:38:53 PM »
 :devil:de devil is gone  :beermug: :applause:

1]; } ?>