March 28, 2024, 11:27:17 PM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 423858 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: The Jack Warner Thread.
« Reply #960 on: June 22, 2011, 11:26:53 AM »
Nothing noble about Warner’s FIFA resignation
Caribbean360.com.

Former prime minister Patrick Manning has described as “pure self-preservation”, the decision by Austin ‘Jack’ Warner to resign from posts in international football amid bribery allegations, and has insisted that Warner be removed as Works and Transport Minister.

“Resigning was neither noble nor self-sacrificial,” Manning said in a statement yesterday. “He jumped before he was pushed.”

The former Trinidad and Tobago leader made his comments a day after it was confirmed that Warner had stepped down as Vice President on the executive of world football’s governing body FIFA, President of CONCACAF and President of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU).

Warner said he reached his decision to withdraw from FIFA affairs in order to spare the organisation, CONCACAF and CFU and its membership, from further acrimony and divisiveness arising from the bribery allegations and other related issues.

“With my withdrawal from service in international football I shall, henceforth, be concentrating exclusively on my lifelong commitment to the service of the people of Trinidad and Tobago, currently as Chairman of the major party in our governing coalition and as a Cabinet Minister in the Government of our Republic,” he said.

But Manning suggested that if Warner had not resigned, FIFA’s Ethics Committee would have pursued the charges against him and he may have been found guilty.

“He would then have had to be fired from the Cabinet…His resignation might therefore be construed as a confession of guilt. The whole world knows it. Nobody is being fooled. Warner is now stripped bare for all to see. He stands in naked disgrace before the entire international community,” said the former prime minister in the last People’s National Movement (PNM) administration.

Manning said Warner caused the twin-island republic to be humiliated, but yet continues to hang onto office, “carelessly eroding T&T’s hard-earned global reputation”.

“It is selfishness of the most abominable kind,” he said. “Jack Warner has brought shame and ignominy to Trinidad and Tobago. For this violation of the innocent citizens of our country, the Prime Minister Mrs Kamla Persad-Bissessar has a moral duty to remove him forthwith from the Cabinet. Jack Warner must go. Enough is enough. Trinidad and Tobago must now stand up”.

“I intend to suggest a certain move to the Parliamentary caucus of the PNM to deal, in Trinidad and Tobago's Parliament, with the behaviour of Jack Warner. I wish to go even further because we must completely distance ourselves from the FIFA culture of cronyism and corruption,” he continued.

Following Warner’s resignation, FIFA said that all Ethics Committee procedures against him in relation to the bribery allegations have been closed “and the presumption of innocence is maintained.”

Warner had been suspended, along with Asian federation chief Mohamed bin Hammam and two CFU, pending the probe.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #961 on: June 22, 2011, 11:28:57 AM »
Exclusive: Warner feared for political career in Trinidad if FIFA had found him guilty
By Andrew Warshaw (insideworldfootball).

Jack Warner resigned from FIFA for fear of being banned for life and having his political career wrecked in the process, according to reliable sources close to world football's biggest ever bribery scandal.

As the former FIFA vice-president continued to maintain his innocence, highly placed sources have also told insideworldfootball that under Swiss law, the charges against Warner had to be dropped once he no longer had any involvement in footballing matters.

Twenty-four hours after Warner threw in the towel with the net closing in around him, it emerged that he would not have been able to maintain his powerful position in Caribbean politics with the case against him strengthening.

Warner, who was one of football's most powerful administrators, is Minister of Works and Transport in Trinidad and Tobago and apparently decided as early as last Friday (June 17) to resign from FIFA after receiving the 17-page "reasoned decision" of the Ethics Committee.

He had already been suspended by the Committee, the same sanction meted out to Asian Football Confederation President Mohamed Bin Hammam with whom Warner is claimed to have colluded in offering $40,000 (£24,000) cash bungs to 25 Caribbean member nations.

"The Ethics Committee made it clear Warner was going to lose by detailing violations of the Code of Ethics," said one informed source who has been involved in the case from the start.

"They went into every detail.

"Our understanding is that Warner actually submitted his resignation on Friday just after receiving the reasoned decision.

"Warner knew there would have been a very clear and concise guilty verdict at the end of the process.

"That would have caused him to be thrown out of Government."

As the worst bribes-for-votes crisis in FIFA's history intensified, Warner, who will now be replaced as President of CONCACAF, said he would be prepared to die rather than meet with former FBI Director Louis Freeh, the man charged by the Ethics Committee with leading the full investigation.

Warner said he would be willing to help FIFA but would not speak to Freeh because of his ties to the United States from where Chuck Blazer (pictured above right with Warner and Blatter), the CONCACAF general secretary who blew the whistle on Warner, also hails.

Blazer had asked Chicago-based lawyer John Collins, also from the US, to compile the initial report detailing the allegations against Bin Hammam and Warner.

"I will die first," Warner told Bloomberg.

"If FIFA wants me to cooperate I will do that but not with Freeh."

Warner quit saying he had felt undermined by officials within FIFA, not least Blazer with whom he has not spoken for over a month.

He claimed he had been "hung out to dry" following the infamous meeting he had organised for bin Hammam in Trinidad on May 10-11, ostensibly so that the Qatari could lobby for votes against Sepp Blatter for FIFA President.

But that was not the version given to insideworldfootball.

"The Ethics Committee clearly knew the Trinidad meeting was a set-up," said the afore-mentioned source.

With the bribery case against him still ongoing, Bin Hammam is understood to be digging in his heels rather than follow in footsteps of his alleged partner in crime even though FIFA dropped all charges against Warner, a move that came as a surprise to the organisation's inner sanctum.

FIFA imposed a virtual news blackout following their initial statement but one high-ranking administrator told insideworldfootball: "Apparently under Swiss law, technically FIFA no longer have jurisdiction in terms of disciplining Warner.

"That may be true but the case against him should have been concluded.

"To turn around and say they can't do it just because Warner is not a member any more is not in the interests of FIFA or the public.

"Maybe Warner giving evidence against Bin Hammam was part of the deal."

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 22, 2011, 11:39:57 AM »
he resign and dey still do the report and the world knows now the report found him GUILTY but who cares in Trinidad is business and usual for the cabinet minister.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 22, 2011, 11:42:17 AM »
he resign and dey still do the report and the world knows now the report found him GUILTY but who cares in Trinidad is business and usual for the cabinet minister.

ENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 22, 2011, 12:57:24 PM »
When they charge Warner son (ticket or leave it, for those who forgot) was he a part of FIFA? So how come now that JW resign they cannot investigate him? How in one instance they can investigate and charge someone not invovled in FIFA, but on the other hand they cannot.  :bs:

That situation was as different as night and day.  Obviously they had leverage over Simpaul because Jack Warner was involved... if his son didn't cooperate Jack would have had to pay with either money or his position.  Additionally, it was FIFA tickets that was illegally resold... it was either he pay or they could have taken him to court.  Here FIFA has no leverage over Jack.  It really not that difficult to understand how that situation different from this one.

??? ???
Then why suspend him and then he resign and cause all that bachanal if they have no leverage?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 22, 2011, 02:13:44 PM »
When they charge Warner son (ticket or leave it, for those who forgot) was he a part of FIFA? So how come now that JW resign they cannot investigate him? How in one instance they can investigate and charge someone not invovled in FIFA, but on the other hand they cannot.  :bs:

That situation was as different as night and day.  Obviously they had leverage over Simpaul because Jack Warner was involved... if his son didn't cooperate Jack would have had to pay with either money or his position.  Additionally, it was FIFA tickets that was illegally resold... it was either he pay or they could have taken him to court.  Here FIFA has no leverage over Jack.  It really not that difficult to understand how that situation different from this one.

??? ???
Then why suspend him and then he resign and cause all that bachanal if they have no leverage?
Easy!! They suspended him when they still had leverage over him. Once he resigned the no longer had any leverage.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: June 22, 2011, 02:36:19 PM »

No report was needed. Warner himself admitted what he did. He said that is the way FIFA does business. Yuh think is coincidence Trinidad host all dem football  tourmaments, the Center of Excellence was built, everything fone involved "favours," sometime money pass, tournaments awarded, gifts given.
He ent do nothing out of the ordinary way FIFA do business, the mistake he make was not being with the right "friends" on this one. He back the wrong side.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: June 22, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »
Apparently Jackula release a statement concerning today's allegations in the international press. As I am receiving this second hand I cannot confirm its authenticity:

Wednesday 22nd June 2011.

For Immediate Release

STATEMENT BY JACK WARNER

THE CIRCULATION OF A DOCUMENT PURPORTING

TO BE THE DECISION OF THE FIFA ETHICS COMMITTEE, WHICH IS CURRENTLY CONSIDERING CHARGES OF BID-RIGGING IN FIFA'S RECENT PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

It has come to my attention that an anonymous source is circulating to selected international media, a document dated June 17 purporting to be the FIFA's Ethics Committee "decision" into its ongoing investigation of alleged bid-rigging in the run up to the recent FIFA presidential election. I have been reliably informed that the purported "decision" document was neither released by nor was its circulation authorized by FIFA. As far as I have been able to establish, the purported FIFA Ethics Committee report which is being scurrilously circulated is merely a summary of the considerations on which the FIFA Ethics Committee decided on provisional suspensions and its call for a full hearing involving the subjects of the allegations on bid rigging.

It is instructive to note that the investigation into these allegations is still ongoing and therefore any suggestion that the report being circulated is the final conclusion of the FIFA Ethics Committee is both misleading and false. Everyone must therefore be well aware that this document is not the Ethics Committee Final Report.

In accordance with due process, the Secretariat of the FIFA Ethics Committee dispatched four copies of the conclusions of the preliminary investigation into FIFA bid-rigging, which took place on the end of May, directly to me. I am advised that one copy was sent to me by fax (which copy I am yet to receive), one by courier, DHL, one to my lawyer, with the fourth, being sent to me in care of CONCACAF office in New York. The copies sent to me and my attorney could not possibly have been accessed by any scurrilous party bent on the malice manifestly intended in the anonymous leaks to the media in an investigation that is still ongoing.

I can only therefore conclude that this development is part of an ongoing malicious agenda to destroy the cohesion which has made the Caribbean Football Union a factor to be reckoned with in FIFA affairs; and thus diminish CFU's significance in various areas of FIFA decision making.

Yesterday, in announcing my self determined resignation from the positions I held in world football, FIFA confirmed that its Ethics Committee procedures of which I was a subject had been discontinued.

In its statement, FIFA took pains to emphasize that the presumption of my innocence is maintained.

It is now evident that there are those in a section of the FIFA fraternity who are not only pathologically mendacious, but in the face of FIFA's stated position and its voluntary recognition of my contribution to world football and by definition to FIFA, will stop at no length to destroy my legacy and destabilize the Caribbean region whose interests I have always vigorously advocated.

Despite the attacks of division neither the Caribbean nor I will allow all that we stand for to be destroyed.

I expect that these vicious attacks will continue but I will confront them head on every time they arise. Let me once again reiterate for the sake  of those with hidden agendas; I, Jack Warner did not partake in the distribution of any cash gifts to my members.

I hope for the good of the game ,good sense will prevail or at least I will continue to live in hope.

Regards
Jack Warner
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 22, 2011, 04:39:02 PM »
Interesting but hasn't Jack already stated that this is the normal way that FIFA does business?

Why is he now trying to deny that he was involved in distribution of the cash!

So who facilitated the meeting then? Is JW now trying to have us believe that he was unaware of what was going down?  ::)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 22, 2011, 04:43:54 PM »
^^^^^
When I first read it I had to stop halfway, I was laughing too hard to continue.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 22, 2011, 04:51:41 PM »

??? ???
Easy!! They suspended him when they still had leverage over him. Once he resigned the no longer had any leverage.

Still don't make sense, because at the time I believe that JW was not "part of Simpauls" if I remember correctly. His son and wife(?) Maureen was name to the Simpaul company. Therefore, technically JW had nothing to do with that, solidfied by FIFA charging the son and not Warner.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: June 22, 2011, 04:53:48 PM »
Interesting but hasn't Jack already stated that this is the normal way that FIFA does business?

Why is he now trying to deny that he was involved in distribution of the cash!

So who facilitated the meeting then? Is JW now trying to have us believe that he was unaware of what was going down?  ::)

A practice which is specifically prohibited by FIFA regulations by the way.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 22, 2011, 07:12:53 PM »
"Four witnesses stated that Warner told the CFU delegates on May 11 that the ''money for the 'gifts' allegedly distributed the day before had been apparently provided by Mr Bin Hammam'', the document states."

JACK:  "Let me once again reiterate for the sake  of those with hidden agendas; I, Jack Warner did not partake in the distribution of any cash gifts to my members."

Note the language....he did not partake in the distribution. This is not the same as saying "I knew nothing about it."

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: June 22, 2011, 07:29:06 PM »
Again, we seem to have totally opposing views (and clear understanding of the subject). In most major organisations a dismissal for financial irregularities would usually mean loss of all benefits. This includes in Britain, MP's, civil servents (including police) judges etc. You never heard of the armed services court marshalling someone and they lose their pension? Again, and I'm getting real tired of this now, I never said Warner was guilty of anything. However I do believe that usual practices are not being followed. A) I still maintain a financial crime may have been comitted in T&T and as this is in the public forum there should be an investigation and if need be, people should be charged, b) FIFA began an investigation and regardless of anyone resigning, it should continue investigating all parties it originally deemed worthy of such an investigation.

Yes our understanding is certainly different and apparently YOU'RE not very clear... all the examples you cite are public or government positions.  Being accused of bribery or financial impropriety is a CRIMINAL OFFENSE when you're a public employee... this was explained to you two weeks ago when you didn't even know that bribery was not a crime.  FIFA is a private organization and short of committing a crime... and unless provided for in the terms of employment, being accused of an ethical issue will normally not cost you your pension.  

You also fail to understand that FIFA has no jurisdiction over Jack Warner once he resigned.  They can go thru the motions and investigate but without having him there cooperating by answering questions it will be a waste of time.  Even if they DO investigate him and find him guilty of an ethical violation... what is the end result... banning him after he's already resigned? You're now claiming that this took place "in a public forum"... since when is a private meeting at a private hotel, by private parties equal a "public forum"?  You and others are on a mission to get Jack by any means necessary, no matter how you back away from it.  If that means a waste of public resources by Gibbs, or a waste of private resources by FIFA it doesn't matter to you... as long as they investigate.
        Aye alyu Coops is back !!!!!! nice post Bakes :applause: ,i'm so glad you are able to respond to these guys without getting annoyed,it's really frustrating when i read some of these posts,i'm sorry i had to take a break and missed out on what has been going on,i'm still laughing at those who insist the Jack should be destroyed,don't say i didn't tell you all but keep up the good fight. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 22, 2011, 08:02:23 PM »
Aye welcome back Coop's!!  ;D

I was genuinely worried!!  :whew:

Btw Coop's didn't I tell you that the longest rope has an end?!

But don't worry we are not quite at the end just yet, I want to see if you are correct about those TTFF 2006 World Cup accounts never being show and if your boy is prepared to interfere with the affairs of the TTFF for FIFA to have a reason to re-open bribery investigations!!  8)

Ah man here already say if JW only look at a football, he tellin'!  >:(

You need to read back some ah them sweet posts yuh miss since yuh been hiding and waiting for Jack's tsunami!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:17:51 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: June 23, 2011, 06:25:57 AM »

But don't worry we are not quite at the end just yet, I want to see if you are correct about those TTFF 2006 World Cup accounts never being show and if your boy is prepared to interfere with the affairs of the TTFF for FIFA to have a reason to re-open bribery investigations!!  8)

You need to read back some ah them sweet posts yuh miss since yuh been hiding and waiting for Jack's tsunami!  ;)
        Thanks for welcoming me back with open arms,you makeing me  :rotfl: you know the Coops don't hide from nobody,i have nothing to hide,i must say i missed you all because my days away was never the same,i know i have a lot of catching up to do but i'm not worried,i like how my boy Bakes explaining things,is just that there are peeps who still think regardless of what Jack must be wiped off the face of the earth,again i understand everybody's feelings on the various issues,don't be agaisnt me because of my views.       

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: June 23, 2011, 08:43:15 AM »
http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/martynziegler/~GYtgM

Martyn Ziegler

WARNER RESIGNATION 'SAME RESULT AS A BAN' - ETHICS COMMITTEE MEMBER
By Martyn Ziegler, Chief Reporter, Press Association Sport
One of the members of FIFA's ethics committee insists the consequences for Jack Warner are the same as if he had been convicted of corruption - that he is out of football.
A report of the committee leaked to the Press Association yesterday said there was overwhelming evidence that Warner, who quit all football activities on Monday, was "an accessory to corruption".
There was anger after FIFA then dropped the bribery investigation against him and said the 68-year-old is "presumed innocent" but Sondre Kaafjord said the outcome was the same as a ban.
Kaafjord, one of the five-man panel who provisionally suspended Warner and fellow FIFA member Mohamed Bin Hammam on bribery charges last month, told Press Association Sport: "The result is the same as if he had been banned by us - he's out of football. If we had sentenced him or banned him the result would have been just the same.
"If Warner were to take part in football again, the case will be re-opened immediately."
Kaafjord, who until last year was the president of the Norway Football Federation, said FIFA had no choice but to drop the investigation once Warner had quit - but confirmed the ethics committee's report's conclusions and said the Trinidadian had agreed to be a witness in the on-going case against Bin Hammam.
Both Bin Hammam and Warner have consistently denied any wrongdoing.
Kaafjord added: "We concluded on May 29 that there was enough reason to suspend him for 30 days. It means that there was a probability that he was guilty.
"But in judicial language until you are actually found guilty you are presumed to be innocent. That is a basic principle of law.
"We are not entitled to go further with the investigation according to Swiss law - if he is not any more a member of the association any more we have no right to go further.
"But the investigation will continue because Mr Bin Hammam is part of the same case and Mr Warner has said he will be a witness in the Bin Hammam case."
The ethics committee report says there is compelling evidence that Bin Hammam paid money to delegates of the Caribbean Football Union while he was campaigning for the FIFA presidency, and that Warner facilitated these payments.
Kaafjord added: "The question is about what happened in Trinidad on May 10 and 11, what was going on there. They were accused of having giving envelopes with dollars to participants."
He also confirmed that any officials who received the cash gifts - of 40,000 US dollars per association, according to the report - could also face disciplinary action.

Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: June 23, 2011, 09:24:46 AM »

Thanks for welcoming me back with open arms,you makeing me  :rotfl: you know the Coops don't hide from nobody,i have nothing to hide,i must say i missed you all because my days away was never the same,i know i have a lot of catching up to do but i'm not worried,i like how my boy Bakes explaining things,is just that there are peeps who still think regardless of what Jack must be wiped off the face of the earth,again i understand everybody's feelings on the various issues,don't be agaisnt me because of my views.       

We love you Coop's as you have contributed to our football history on & off the field!  :-*
But we don't love how yuh always ready to defend Jack despite all the evidence of how he has strangled the development of local football over the years!!  :-[
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:26:58 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 23, 2011, 09:36:15 AM »
http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/martynziegler/~GYtgM

Martyn Ziegler

WARNER RESIGNATION 'SAME RESULT AS A BAN' - ETHICS COMMITTEE MEMBER
By Martyn Ziegler, Chief Reporter, Press Association Sport
One of the members of FIFA's ethics committee insists the consequences for Jack Warner are the same as if he had been convicted of corruption - that he is out of football.
A report of the committee leaked to the Press Association yesterday said there was overwhelming evidence that Warner, who quit all football activities on Monday, was "an accessory to corruption".
There was anger after FIFA then dropped the bribery investigation against him and said the 68-year-old is "presumed innocent" but Sondre Kaafjord said the outcome was the same as a ban.
Kaafjord, one of the five-man panel who provisionally suspended Warner and fellow FIFA member Mohamed Bin Hammam on bribery charges last month, told Press Association Sport: "The result is the same as if he had been banned by us - he's out of football. If we had sentenced him or banned him the result would have been just the same.
"If Warner were to take part in football again, the case will be re-opened immediately."
Kaafjord, who until last year was the president of the Norway Football Federation, said FIFA had no choice but to drop the investigation once Warner had quit - but confirmed the ethics committee's report's conclusions and said the Trinidadian had agreed to be a witness in the on-going case against Bin Hammam.
Both Bin Hammam and Warner have consistently denied any wrongdoing.
Kaafjord added: "We concluded on May 29 that there was enough reason to suspend him for 30 days. It means that there was a probability that he was guilty.
"But in judicial language until you are actually found guilty you are presumed to be innocent. That is a basic principle of law.
"We are not entitled to go further with the investigation according to Swiss law - if he is not any more a member of the association any more we have no right to go further.
"But the investigation will continue because Mr Bin Hammam is part of the same case and Mr Warner has said he will be a witness in the Bin Hammam case."
The ethics committee report says there is compelling evidence that Bin Hammam paid money to delegates of the Caribbean Football Union while he was campaigning for the FIFA presidency, and that Warner facilitated these payments.
Kaafjord added: "The question is about what happened in Trinidad on May 10 and 11, what was going on there. They were accused of having giving envelopes with dollars to participants."
He also confirmed that any officials who received the cash gifts - of 40,000 US dollars per association, according to the report - could also face disciplinary action.

I hope them CFU delegates who accepted cash gifts realise they better send it back fast or risk ending up like JW!! 8)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 23, 2011, 11:25:39 AM »
Ah feel a song coming on (Wothless rythem)....

Ah winning down they, ah feeling so niiicce... sooo nice...... so nice...
Ah winning down they, ah feeling so niiicce... sooo nice...... so nice...

Ah just feeeeel like....
Jack just get bull by FIFA for ah million dollars...
They want to talk, let them talk.
They want to fart, let them fart....
They want to belch, let them belch...
Wop, whap, wha them they....

I saaaaaay,
Right now ah just wothless and FIFA moving breathless...
Now Jack cant beat-up he chest.....
And he fear he get ah-rest.....
He get fired by text..
I saaay....

Right now we just wothless....
We have no more flickin pest....
We footballers them go get ah rest...
And we go finally see de best.....

Jack say that he dont get pay.....
And how he want to stay....
As minister of weh country....
But when he done with weh...
He go kill we country....
...Countray...
.....Contrray....

I ssaaayy.....
We finally get ride of de pest....
He put FIFA in ah mess...
But now we country will get bless.....

FIFA pay him millions.....
To reeeeesign...
reeeeesign....
reeeeesign....

He not out of de woods...
He get to greedy....
Now is time...
To see Jack behind bars....
We beg de Warriors...
To dont settle de case....
De case....
De case...
Just go for de kill...
And put him behind bars, behind bars...

I saaayy....
We finally get ride of de pest....
He put FIFA in ah mess...
But now we country will get bless.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: June 23, 2011, 11:32:28 AM »

??? ???

Still don't make sense, because at the time I believe that JW was not "part of Simpauls" if I remember correctly. His son and wife(?) Maureen was name to the Simpaul company. Therefore, technically JW had nothing to do with that, solidfied by FIFA charging the son and not Warner.
Now you confusing me. At what time you talking about? I was talking about his recent suspension and resignation in a follow up to your question about why suspend him and then he resigns... You seem to be confusing that with your previous Simpauls question which I was not dealing with.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fifa vice-president Jack Warner resigns
« Reply #981 on: June 23, 2011, 12:07:48 PM »

Would love to be a fly on the wall if we can put Jack, Chuck & Jennings in the same room right now with Jennings with a mic in his hand seeking interviews with both Jack & Chuck about bribes & corruption!  :P
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:12:24 PM by Socapro »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: June 23, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »

??? ???

Now you confusing me. At what time you talking about? I was talking about his recent suspension and resignation in a follow up to your question about why suspend him and then he resigns... You seem to be confusing that with your previous Simpauls question which I was not dealing with.

Ok, cool, thought you were dealing with both of them together as Bakes said they are not related to each other.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 23, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »

Ok, cool, thought you were dealing with both of them together as Bakes said they are not related to each other.

If you read my comments closely you would see that I addressed both your concerns already.  Just last month a check of the corporate registry listed Jack and Maureen Warner as Directors... although Jack deny it.... just like he denying that he guilty.... just like he deny he made any deal with the players.  So if he was listed last month how yuh could say he wasn't part of Simpaul's in 2006?  He founded the company, take a break for the World Cup and only recently start back up with it?  Make some kinda sense nah man.  Aside from that, I also said they had leverage over the son because FIFA could easily have threatened to take action against Jack, since it is obvious that Simpaul get the tickets thru the TTFF aka Jack.  That and they coulda sue Simpaul's for illegally re-selling their tickets... aka theft.  It have many different ways they could have forced Simpaul's hand.... but none so blind as those who would not see.  If you still insist that (to use my term) FIFA has leverage on Jack now and didn't back then, then so be it.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 23, 2011, 01:30:19 PM »
Warner: My new role is problems of T&T.
By: Yvonne Baboolal (Guardian).

A better heading would have been:

Warner: My new role is problems of T&T prisions.

:devil:

How about "My new role is problems for T&T".

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #985 on: June 24, 2011, 05:35:17 AM »
Member of FIFA Ethics Committee: No doubt about guilty verdict against Warner
By: ASHA JAVEED and NIGEL SIMON (Guardian).

Had he not quit his FIFA’s vice-presidential post, Jack Warner would have been found guilty of corruption.

That’s the conclusion of a member of FIFA’s Ethics Committee, Sondre Kaafjord. He insisted the consequences for Warner are the same, as if he had been convicted of corruption—that he is out of football.

A report of the committee leaked to the Press Association on Wednesday said there was overwhelming evidence that Warner, who quit all football activities on Monday, prior to a leaked report to  the Association Press which concluded he was “an accessory to corruption.” For his part, Warner has condemned the leak of the report as part of an ongoing “malicious agenda” to destroy the cohesion of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU).

But Kaafjord’s comments didn’t mirror Warner’s skepticism. “The result is the same as if he had been banned by us—he’s out of football...If we had sentenced him or banned him, the result would have been just the same,” he told the Press Association.

“If Warner were to take part in football again, the case will be reopened immediately.” Kaafjord, a former president of the Norway Football Federation, told the Press Association that FIFA had no choice but to drop the investigation once Warner had quit—but confirmed the Ethics Committee’s report’s conclusions and said Warner had agreed to be a witness in the ongoing case against bin Hammam. Meanwhile, Qatari bin Hamman insists there’s no wrongdoing on his part despite the report stating there is “overwhelming evidence” that he used bribery in his presidential campaign.

With Warner’s ressignation from FIFA, only bin Hammam stands accused of paying money to delegates of the CFU in exchange for votes at the Fifa presidential election on June 1. The Qatari pulled out of the running for presidency once the allegations of bribery emerged, leaving Sepp Blatter to run and be re-elected, unopposed, for a fourth term. Bin Hammam, 62, will face Fifa Ethics Committe.

The allegations arose after bin Hammam entertained members of the CFU on May 10-11 at the Hyatt, Trinidad, during his failed Fifa presidential bid. The report says there is compelling evidence that bin Hammam paid money to CFU delegates and that Warner facilitated these payments. Both Warner and bin Hammam were provisionally suspended on May 29.

“We concluded on May 29 that there was enough reason to suspend him for 30 days...It means that there was a probability that he was guilty,” said Kaafjord. Kaafjord claims Warner had no choice but to quit football as he would have been thrown out of the game for his part in the bribery scandal at FIFA.

“But in judicial language until you are actually found guilty you are presumed to be innocent...That is a basic principle of law,” he said. “We are not entitled to go further with the investigation according to Swiss law —if he is not a member of the association any more we have no right to go further.

“But the investigation will continue because bin Hammam is part of the same case and Warner has said he will be a witness in the bin Hammam case.” On Monday, Warner stunned the football fraternity by resigning from his Fifa position, as president of the Caribbean Football Union and as president of Concacaf.

As a result, he was cleared of all bribery allegations and left FIFA “presumed innocent.” However, Kaafjord said the outcome was the same as a ban. Warner had said his resignation from his football posts would allow him to focus on his duties as T&T’s Works and Transport Minister.

On Wednesday, Warner pointed out that after his “self-determined resignation,” FIFA discontinued its Ethics Committee procedure with the presumption of maintained innocence.

“It is now evident that there are those in a section of the FIFA fraternity who are not only pathologically mendacious, but in the face of FIFA’s stated position and its voluntary recognition of my contribution to world football and by definition to FIFA, will stop at no length to destroy my legacy and destabilise the Caribbean region whose interests I have always vigorously advocated,” he stated.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: June 24, 2011, 07:14:35 AM »

Had he not quit his FIFA’s vice-presidential post, Jack Warner would have been found guilty of corruption.

That’s the conclusion of a member of FIFA’s Ethics Committee, Sondre Kaafjord. He insisted the consequences for Warner are the same, as if he had been convicted of corruption—that he is out of football.

A report of the committee leaked to the Press Association on Wednesday said there was overwhelming evidence that Warner, who quit all football activities on Monday, prior to a leaked report to  the Association Press which concluded he was “an accessory to corruption.” For his part, Warner has condemned the leak of the report as part of an ongoing “malicious agenda” to destroy the cohesion of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU).

But Kaafjord’s comments didn’t mirror Warner’s skepticism. “The result is the same as if he had been banned by us—he’s out of football...If we had sentenced him or banned him, the result would have been just the same,” he told the Press Association.

“If Warner were to take part in football again, the case will be reopened immediately.” Kaafjord, a former president of the Norway Football Federation, told the Press Association that FIFA had no choice but to drop the investigation once Warner had quit—but confirmed the Ethics Committee’s report’s conclusions and said Warner had agreed to be a witness in the ongoing case against bin Hammam. Meanwhile, Qatari bin Hamman insists there’s no wrongdoing on his part despite the report stating there is “overwhelming evidence” that he used bribery in his presidential campaign.

With Warner’s ressignation from FIFA, only bin Hammam stands accused of paying money to delegates of the CFU in exchange for votes at the Fifa presidential election on June 1. The Qatari pulled out of the running for presidency once the allegations of bribery emerged, leaving Sepp Blatter to run and be re-elected, unopposed, for a fourth term. Bin Hammam, 62, will face Fifa Ethics Committe.

The allegations arose after bin Hammam entertained members of the CFU on May 10-11 at the Hyatt, Trinidad, during his failed Fifa presidential bid. The report says there is compelling evidence that bin Hammam paid money to CFU delegates and that Warner facilitated these payments. Both Warner and bin Hammam were provisionally suspended on May 29.

“We concluded on May 29 that there was enough reason to suspend him for 30 days...It means that there was a probability that he was guilty,” said Kaafjord. Kaafjord claims Warner had no choice but to quit football as he would have been thrown out of the game for his part in the bribery scandal at FIFA.

“But in judicial language until you are actually found guilty you are presumed to be innocent...That is a basic principle of law,” he said. “We are not entitled to go further with the investigation according to Swiss law —if he is not a member of the association any more we have no right to go further.

“But the investigation will continue because bin Hammam is part of the same case and Warner has said he will be a witness in the bin Hammam case.” On Monday, Warner stunned the football fraternity by resigning from his Fifa position, as president of the Caribbean Football Union and as president of Concacaf.

As a result, he was cleared of all bribery allegations and left FIFA “presumed innocent.” However, Kaafjord said the outcome was the same as a ban. Warner had said his resignation from his football posts would allow him to focus on his duties as T&T’s Works and Transport Minister.

On Wednesday, Warner pointed out that after his “self-determined resignation,” FIFA discontinued its Ethics Committee procedure with the presumption of maintained innocence.

“It is now evident that there are those in a section of the FIFA fraternity who are not only pathologically mendacious, but in the face of FIFA’s stated position and its voluntary recognition of my contribution to world football and by definition to FIFA, will stop at no length to destroy my legacy and destabilise the Caribbean region whose interests I have always vigorously advocated,” he stated.

oh dear,what's de next move from the cabinet minister

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: June 24, 2011, 07:57:04 AM »

oh dear,what's de next move from the cabinet minister

River lime at Valencia. Anil where yuh big mouth how come it eh open on this?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 24, 2011, 02:48:08 PM »
Is he out of TT/TTFF/TTFA completely or what? We want a definitive answer with Bakes affidavits signature on it!!!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 24, 2011, 03:43:36 PM »

“If Warner were to take part in football again, the case will be reopened immediately.” Kaafjord, a former president of the Norway Football Federation ...

Now watch here. If Warner so much as watch a football hard, is report we reporting he tail.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 04:41:17 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>