March 28, 2024, 11:17:31 AM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 423794 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Fifa vice-president Jack Warner resigns
« Reply #870 on: June 20, 2011, 04:46:27 PM »
:devil:de devil is gone  :beermug: :applause:

The best trick the Devil ever pulled off is to make folks believe he doh exist!!
Once Camps & the current TTFF administration is in place he is still able to control and strangle our football!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:09:04 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 20, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »
beginning of the end , next election he will be out of office
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 20, 2011, 05:11:41 PM »

Are you living in Chaguanas West?  ::)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:48:34 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 20, 2011, 05:13:14 PM »
trinis really dont know what they want jack gone finally and some having mixed doubt asking what will happen to we football and all kinds of nonsense, if you think that Jack spent his own money on TNT football then you must need you head examined, that money allocated to trinidad and toabgo football, where will our football be without jack well where are with him, at the bottom looking up with that i say be gone satan good bye adios so long and is only so long before they get you out of that big budget ministry

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 20, 2011, 05:16:50 PM »
Is he gone from Trinidad football too? :praying:

Unfortunately just the opposite!!

Now T&T taxpayers may be forced to pay for him giving up his FIFA sources of brown envelopes and world cup tickets for re-selling on the black market!!

Someone will have to pay for the short fall as Diamondtrim will need his regular supply of new silk suits!  ;)

ent!! dais de problem right dey...he 'fire' 3 jobs in one shot, so now he down to just 4 he have time to concentrate on taxpayers $$ as the main income source
Lamborghinis expensive to fill & does drink gas fass fass

weary, brownie on she honeymoon arready?....she faddah had a shotgun in de weddin or wha?

well his lawyer on Tv6 just say he's still head of the CFU and TTFF. steupssssssssss. With him idle i wont be suprise to see a govt scandal  down the road. calder hart x5

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 20, 2011, 05:21:45 PM »

No way! He's actually appearing to do a very good job. His local PR machine is excellent. He only has 2 problems now. If Gibbs investigates and finds something incriminating, which while I feel that evidence could be found, I don't feel it will implicate Jack, and secondly, if the judge orders a forensic audit of TTFF & LOC accounts. This is more likely to bring his downfall. Regardless of whether TTFF settle with the players, the judge has certain evidence confirming that TTFF and LOC submitted inaccurate accounts twice to the courts. This means they either submitted a different set of accounts to the Inland Revenue or they also submitted innaccurate accounts. As I understand it, Camps is ultimately responsible for TTFF & LOC accounts, however, as Jack was head of LOC, he would have had to sign off on those accounts, and it was he that supplied the accounts to the players in a meeting. That will be a tough one to get out of.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 20, 2011, 05:23:05 PM »
According to FIFA, if he operates in any football overseen by FIFA, the investigation will re open!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 20, 2011, 05:26:59 PM »
trinis really dont know what they want jack gone finally and some having mixed doubt asking what will happen to we football and all kinds of nonsense, if you think that Jack spent his own money on TNT football then you must need you head examined, that money allocated to trinidad and toabgo football, where will our football be without jack well where are with him, at the bottom looking up with that i say be gone satan good bye adios so long and is only so long before they get you out of that big budget ministry

:whistling:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 20, 2011, 05:38:45 PM »

No way! He's actually appearing to do a very good job. His local PR machine is excellent. He only has 2 problems now. If Gibbs investigates and finds something incriminating, which while I feel that evidence could be found, I don't feel it will implicate Jack, and secondly, if the judge orders a forensic audit of TTFF & LOC accounts. This is more likely to bring his downfall. Regardless of whether TTFF settle with the players, the judge has certain evidence confirming that TTFF and LOC submitted inaccurate accounts twice to the courts. This means they either submitted a different set of accounts to the Inland Revenue or they also submitted innaccurate accounts. As I understand it, Camps is ultimately responsible for TTFF & LOC accounts, however, as Jack was head of LOC, he would have had to sign off on those accounts, and it was he that supplied the accounts to the players in a meeting. That will be a tough one to get out of.

I could be the PP downfall as well
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 20, 2011, 05:41:19 PM »
if jack even self watch at ah football i tellin...a live football a dead football football on sportsmax or football in sports & games i want u far far faaaaaaaaaaaaar from football...stay home and knock some PES..not FIFA eh...PES...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 20, 2011, 05:51:06 PM »
if jack even self watch at ah football i tellin...a live football a dead football football on sportsmax or football in sports & games i want u far far faaaaaaaaaaaaar from football...stay home and knock some PES..not FIFA eh...PES...

:rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 20, 2011, 05:52:44 PM »
SCOBBY

Post of d decade.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 20, 2011, 05:52:52 PM »
In the context of Trinidad and Tobago football, is this good or bad?

I originally thought the answer would have been easy but having thought it through, i still am not sure

No effect... we remain shite

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 20, 2011, 06:11:49 PM »
Greetings,

Forgive my absence, albeit temporary in its nature, for I was engaged not only in research of potentially 'tsunamic' proportions, but also deeply entrenched in the pursuit of truth.

Knives have been sharpened and wielded, ready to be, painfully, and in some cases, blissfully, introduced to the apparent profligate Jack Warner. His resignation has now led to the retreat of the weapons to the safe repose of their scabbards. Not surprisingly, as the reality of a FIFA now far removed from Jack's influence, a CONCACAF now without his guidance, and perhaps even a TTFF and CFU without his benevolence, those of us who wielded the very weapons initially intended not to wound, but rather to sound the death knell of one our own, have now began to question the future of local football without their favorite target.

How ironic.

How ironic indeed. The man who evoked the strongest of ires in us, now has us pondering our footballing future. For those who believe that this future will be bright, there are as many, or even more, who would think the proverbial darkness will inevitably befall us.

Ahhhh Jack...my faith is not lost in you, your acumen or your propensity to rise like the phoenix.

As the hypocrites amongst us slowly crawl out of their holes to openly, and in hiding, question what they thought needed no enquiry, we all simultaneously await your next step.

I need no convincing................

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 20, 2011, 06:13:59 PM »

Are you living in Chaguanas West?  ::)

Arima  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: June 20, 2011, 06:24:10 PM »

You have to be some kinda imps if you think anybody here really questioning Jack's removal/departure itself, rather than the means by which it was achieved.  The concerns for our football has less to do with Jack himself being gone and more to do with whom his successors would be under the current circumstances.  To question the misgivings is to betray a critical lack of analysis... but is Trinidadians we talking about here so that kinda redundant.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 20, 2011, 06:34:05 PM »
Greetings,

Forgive my absence, albeit temporary in its nature, for I was engaged not only in research of potentially 'tsunamic' proportions, but also deeply entrenched in the pursuit of truth.

Knives have been sharpened and wielded, ready to be, painfully, and in some cases, blissfully, introduced to the apparent profligate Jack Warner. His resignation has now led to the retreat of the weapons to the safe repose of their scabbards. Not surprisingly, as the reality of a FIFA now far removed from Jack's influence, a CONCACAF now without his guidance, and perhaps even a TTFF and CFU without his benevolence, those of us who wielded the very weapons initially intended not to wound, but rather to sound the death knell of one our own, have now began to question the future of local football without their favorite target.

How ironic.

How ironic indeed. The man who evoked the strongest of ires in us, now has us pondering our footballing future. For those who believe that this future will be bright, there are as many, or even more, who would think the proverbial darkness will inevitably befall us.

Ahhhh Jack...my faith is not lost in you, your acumen or your propensity to rise like the phoenix.

As the hypocrites amongst us slowly crawl out of their holes to openly, and in hiding, question what they thought needed no enquiry, we all simultaneously await your next step.

Bro, we can't do any worse. We have been "showered" with Jack's financial blessings for years, and just look at the state we are in. Our national team is no where to be seen. Our 'pro-league" which produce most of the players is kind of here nor there. Our development program is not satisfactory. All Jack supporters don't even go to football. How come he can't convince them to support local football. He has been in football for over 30 years and yet half the pop. don't give 2 hoots about football.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:39:11 PM by Deeks »

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 20, 2011, 06:38:10 PM »
Greetings,

How ironic.

You like drama .. two three men expressed concern about our football in the Jackless future and yuh talking as if the majority of the forum holding they head and bawling because Jack "resign".  Jack is a boss...ent?

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 20, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »
Minus de bribe money, who going and bank roll we football now?  The Corporate Sponsors doh want to step up because dey eh want to put dey money in no black hole. As long as JW running tings in T&T, dat will not change. Countries getting their teams in order and we football still in crisis. I feel he get bribe out so as not to rat on dem in de tsunami dat he promise.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 20, 2011, 06:53:34 PM »
Greetings,

How ironic.

Us 'hypocrites are glad that Jack is gone. But the manner of his retirement leaves sensible to people to ask where to next? Where are the brilliant young administrators that have been groomed to take over the reins? How will the TTFF handle the inevitable power shift at this critical time? There is no answer because Jack and friends never thought they would be unceremoniously turfed from FIFA.

Not to mention the question as to whether Jack will be offering any unilateral 'guidance' in the future. Your father has money to burn. We have to assume he will continue to manipulate the game with his dollars and his 'benevolence as you put it. You seem to think the handwringing is because Jack is gone. Its not, its because he's not gone far enough.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 20, 2011, 07:13:59 PM »
Greetings,

How ironic.

Us 'hypocrites are glad that Jack is gone. But the manner of his retirement leaves sensible to people to ask where to next? Where are the brilliant young administrators that have been groomed to take over the reins? How will the TTFF handle the inevitable power shift at this critical time? There is no answer because Jack and friends never thought they would be unceremoniously turfed from FIFA.

Not to mention the question as to whether Jack will be offering any unilateral 'guidance' in the future. Your father has money to burn. We have to assume he will continue to manipulate the game with his dollars and his 'benevolence as you put it. You seem to think the handwringing is because Jack is gone. Its not, its because he's not gone far enough.

If Jack is gone anywhere for now its off his rocker but what does that meant?! Camps has been off his rocker for years now but he is still in charge of the TTFF!  ::)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 07:16:21 PM by Socapro »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 20, 2011, 07:39:56 PM »
Question:  "Where are the brilliant young administrators that have been groomed to take over the reins?"

Answer:  Daryll & Daryan Warner

Truth is, one of the biggest failings of Jack and TTFF is the failure to create a true football legacy to take over from them. However, in their defence, when you look at most FIFA delegates and most national FA leaders, most tend to be in their 60's, 70's or even 80's. Guess these people just don't want to let go of their power. But, as in politics, this trend will change eventually. Remember when the world was led by old people, but its quite common now for Presidents & Prime Ministers to be in their 40's or early 50's.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 20, 2011, 07:47:29 PM »
Isn't Jack still adviser to the TTFF and so is business as usual ? or has he resigned this position ? has he also resigned his position in the east zone of the TTFF ? Finally can anyone tell me what has changed between yesterday when Jack said he eh so no reason to resign  ..and today ?
I just cant keep up wid de events in T&T . We used to be known as a 9 day wonder ...I think we now could safely say we are a two day wonder ....two days for manning ...two days for sacha ...2 days for warner ...i wonder who will be next ?

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: The Jack Warner Thread.
« Reply #893 on: June 20, 2011, 08:41:45 PM »
De pack eh have no ace, who get rid of them?
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: June 20, 2011, 08:46:52 PM »
Thank you Lord.  :praying:

Some miscellaneous thoughts:

1. Massive, massive piece of news! A veritable untouchable was Jackula, as was sincerely suggested by the likes of Coop's and others of that mindset, with Jackula in fact retreating from his most treasured power-job, painfully depriving himself of containers, cartons and potentially huge caches of brown envelopes of corrupting megamilliions of influence, because the campaign against him, he jess couldn't handle. What a ting! Folks here on the blog, ... take some credit please. Well done in teaching the doubters. Massive.
2. Understand too that unravelling the empire of a tyrant is not likely to happen overnight. So be patient in allowing Jackula and the little Jackulito Jrs to go dow in notches and not just in 1 big cataclysmic fall. It's sad in a way for some to watch such a pathetic retreat after all the robber talk of false bravado, but it just reinforces how important it is to go fuh de jugular when somebody must be removed and doh get distracted by the tactical responses.
3. Jackula is in BIG trouble and trust meh, he is in serious panic mode as he has nevah been on the defensive like this, when even more trouble is coming with the June 30th inquiry. He is praying to to escape this TTFF account books hearing by some technicality. No problem. The target must be Jackula and /or Scamps and /or Rodent. The first 2 is the big prize. Focus people. Jackula eh sleeping good. Wickedness coming to an end. A new day is possible for our ballers.
4. Yes the sons of Jackula are on the horizon but them is joke compared to Papa Jackula.
5. Scampito has been weakened. Now is the time. The timiing couldn't be better. Hoping for his resignation as the some of secret funds dry up would be the sweetest piece ah news dread.
6. TTFF will be forced to be a more  transparent, accountable, productive, less Godfaddah dependent, body.

More later. ... and stay tuned to all de events ... as plenty more about to happen people!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 09:25:30 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Jack Warner Thread.
« Reply #895 on: June 20, 2011, 08:49:16 PM »
A great day. Wow!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: June 20, 2011, 09:01:19 PM »
JACK QUITS FIFA
By ANDRE BAGOO
Tuesday, June 21 2011

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,142575.html

A CASE of bribery against Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner will not be pursued in light of his resignation from world football governing body FIFA. His resignation, announced yesterday, left questions over what happened at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in May at a meeting of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) lingering.

In a statement issued yesterday, Warner insisted that his resignation was to spare FIFA as well as the CFU and Concacaf further “acrimony and divisiveness.” In a quick response, the United National Congress (UNC), of which he is chairman, has publicly offered its support for him. (SEE PAGE 5A). The UNC is the main political party that makes up the governing People’s Partnership coalition government.

“This decision is by my own volition and self-determination; albeit it comes during the sequel to the contentious Mohammed bin Hammam meeting in Port-of-Spain in May with CFU delegates,” Warner said.

“I am convinced and I am advised by counsel, that since my actions did not extend beyond facilitating the meeting that gave Mr bin Hammam an opportunity to pursue his aborted bid for the FIFA presidency, I would be fully exonerated by any objective arbiter.

“I have, nonetheless, arrived at the decision to withdraw from FIFA affairs in order to spare FIFA, CONCACAF and in particular CFU and its membership, from further acrimony and divisiveness arising from this and related issues.”

FIFA yesterday announced in a statement on its website that it has accepted the resignation and that the bribery allegations are dropped. “As a consequence of Mr Warner’s self-determined resignation, all ethics committee procedures against him have been closed,” FIFA said. The organisation made a point of stating that there were no findings against Warner, adding, “the presumption of innocence is maintained.”

“FIFA regrets the turn of events that have led to Mr Warner’s decision. His resignation has been accepted by world football’s governing body, and his contribution to international football and to Caribbean football in particular and the CONCACAF confederation are appreciated and acknowledged,” FIFA said.

Warner and fellow FIFA member Mohammed bin Hammam were among four persons suspended last month after they were accused of giving or offering bribes of TT$252,000 (US$40,000) to the 25 members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) at a May meeting at the Hyatt Hotel, Port-of-Spain. The total sum involved was $6.3 million (£1 million) according to a report to the FIFA ethics committee.

Questioned at a media event at Mausica over whether he came to a deal with FIFA, Warner said, “Mr Bagoo, you could say this is a deal. Whether I tell you so or not you will say what you have to say. I don’t make deals. I don’t make deals with FIFA.”

By letter dated Friday, Warner tendered his resignation as FIFA vice-president, Concacaf president and CFU president. In his resignation letter to FIFA, which was quoted by US business channel Bloomberg yesterday, Warner pledged to cooperate with the investigations which will continue in relation to bin Hammam.

“I reaffirm my offer of cooperation with the FIFA ethics committee in the resolution of the ongoing investigations into alleged irregularities pertaining to the recent visit of Mohammed bin Hammam to Port-of-Spain to meet with CFU delegates,” Warner said

In an interview with Bloomberg, Warner said he had been “hung out to dry” and had lost the enthusiasm to carry on with holding his football portfolios. He accused the Concacaf general secretary Chuck Blazer of undermining him.

“I have lost my enthusiasm to continue,” Warner told Bloomberg. “I’ve been hung out to dry continually and I’m not prepared to take that.”

He added, “Had we announced in Miami (the) Concacaf support for (Sepp) Blatter (in the FIFA presidential elections), all this would never have happened...The general secretary that I had employed, who worked with me for 21 years, with the assistance of elements of FIFA has sought to undermine me in ways that are unimaginable.”

The timing of Warner’s resignation however drew negative inferences from some who noted that the committee will not be able to make a determination in relation to his case. Under Swiss association law, the FIFA ethics committee may only govern affiliated members, some argued.Warner began his day yesterday at about 8.30 am, privately visiting the site of the Marsicans Steel Orchestra at the Arima Old Road to inspect damage done by the Mausica River due to heavy rainfall. He later held a meeting at his ministerial offices at Richmond Street, Port-of- Spain, at noon with his attorney Om Lalla, spokesperson Hema Ramkissoon and Roy Augustus.

In an indication of his resolve to send a clear signal that he is now immersing himself completely in ministerial duties, Warner later called the media out to tour the same area again, four hours later. He initially declined to field questions on FIFA, referring all questions to his attorney Om Lalla. He later responded to questions, appearing sombre and reflective. Warner said he would not change his position of accepting only $1 of his $14,000 ministerial salary, a position he famously adopted after taking office.

“That does not change,” he said. “Why should that change?” He added, “I have work to do here. I have come here to do that. I came to see about the problems of Arima.”

Warner’s exit from FIFA goes someway towards solving a dilemma his dual posts have held for Government.

From the very beginning he was criticised for holding on to his FIFA vice-presidency in the face of a convention which holds that ministers give up private business affairs upon assuming public office. The Cabinet, on the strength of four legal opinions, opted to allow Warner to maintain both posts.

The recent finding of a case against him in relation to the May CFU meeting at the Hyatt, however, placed strains on the PP Government, dividing opinions in the Cabinet. Congress of the People MPs–including deputy political leader Prakash Ramadhar–had called on Warner to “step aside” pending the FIFA ethics committee hearing.

At the same time, Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar stood by Warner, saying he was innocent until proven otherwise. But the risk of a finding adverse to Warner has loomed large. Until, now.

Warner’s attorney Om Lalla yesterday said FIFA, as a private organisation based at Switzerland, is under no obligation to comply with requests made by Police Commissioner Dwayne Gibbs for information over the incidents of May 10 to 11 at the Hyatt.

“With my withdrawal from service in international football, I shall, henceforth, be concentrating exclusively on my lifelong commitment to the service of the people of Trinidad and Tobago, currently as chairman of the major party in our governing coalition and as a Cabinet Minister in the Government of our Republic,” Warner added in his statement.“I am gratified that FIFA has acknowledged my service to international and regional football over several decades.”

Speaking with reporters on the allegations against him, Warner said all will soon be revealed.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 20, 2011, 10:16:33 PM »
Perhaps now our football could chant:

"We will rise...we will rise....we will rise..."

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: June 20, 2011, 11:40:21 PM »
Jacks farewell speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzJY96m3lkg

The look at 1.57 says it all.  U think Jack studying allyuh.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: June 20, 2011, 11:48:48 PM »
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>