March 28, 2024, 04:09:42 AM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 423751 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Fifa vice-president Jack Warner resigns
« Reply #900 on: June 21, 2011, 12:35:01 AM »
jack gorner

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 21, 2011, 01:42:00 AM »
Quite frankly my biggest concern is who will pay Pfister. There I said it. allyuh bring it out of meh. Yes like one said; when yuh dismantling an empire it does take time. In the interim as their is no legacy we are as good as doomed. Is it worth.. I'm sure somewhere in a utopian society I would say yes but as it stands in this world of scoundrels I dam well worried. I feel Brown Sugar will suffer the most in this debacle because ah don't think we goin Brasil anymore.. ;D ;D and so the mantra has died!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 21, 2011, 01:57:53 AM »
I hear camps and shaun fuentes now working Cepep

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #903 on: June 21, 2011, 05:28:47 AM »
Warner: My new role is problems of T&T.
By: Yvonne Baboolal (Guardian).

Hours after an announcement was made yesterday of Jack Warner’s resignation as FIFA vice president, the Works and Transport Minister said he had no regrets whatsoever about the decision.

In fact, Warner pledged renewed commitment to the Government and the people of T&T, saying  he felt “more revitalised than ever to work for this country.”

Asked by members of the media if he had regrets about resigning his post as vice president of the world football body which he held for 30 years, Warner said: “None whatsoever. Don’t worry about me too much. I’m okay.

“My new role is in the Cabinet and the People’s Partnership. My role is to look after the problems of the Government and the people of T&T. “I always said if it comes to a choice between FIFA and country, I’ll choose country.”

Warner made the comment around 5.30 pm yesterday while checking out a collapsed wall at the side of the Marsicans Steel Orchestra’s panyard on the Arima Old Road. He initially refused to answer questions from the media about his resignation, referring journalists to his lawyer Om Lalla. “I came here to see about this problem (the collapsed wall). That is my basic and most important role.”

Only when pressed, did he give in. Warner dismissed demands for his resignation by Opposition leader Dr Keith Rowley as unsubstantiated calls from “dying politicians who want to get a place in the sun.”

He said Caribbean football would not suffer as a result of his resignation and suggested we “wait and see” who would replace him as  FIFA vice president. Lalla said FIFA had dropped all charges against Warner, who was accused to paying bribes to delegates at a Caribbean Football Union meeting to vote for former FIFA presidential candidate Mohammed bin Hammam.

“He has been cleared,” Lalla said. He added all footballing activities had been put to rest by Warner and he had moved on. “He has come back with renewed spirit. There will be a lot of action on the political front now,” the attorney promised.

Lalla said Warner’s resignation was separate and apart from FIFA’s decision to vindicate him. He added: “The investigation was an ongoing exercise and they have made a determination. “They have made what we consider an appropriate decision.” Lalla said he was not sure that Warner consulted with Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar before he resigned.

About Jack Warner

Jack Austin Warner was born in Rio Claro, South Trinidad, on January 26, 1943.   Warner, his three sisters and two brothers were almost single-handedly brought up by their mother, Stella, a simple, hard-working woman with a firm belief in God.

The young Warner attended the St Theresa’s Roman Catholic School, Rio Claro, and later when his parents moved to Longdenville in 1953, he was transferred to the primary school in the area.  Warner got a scholarship from Trinidad Clay Products to attend the College of St Phillip’s and St James which in 1958 was changed to Presentation College, Chaguanas.

He later attended the Mausica Teachers Training College and the University of the West Indies where he obtained his degree in history in 1967.  He became the TTFA secretary in 1973 where he stayed for the next 16 years until he tendered his resignation in 1990.

During that period, Warner became the strongman of football in the country. He also served as president of the Caribbean Football Union and special adviser to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation and was re-elected as President of CONCACAF at the Congress in Antigua on May 9, 2004.

In the 2007 general election Warner contested the electoral constituency of Chaguanas West. He swept the polls with a landslide victory.  He tallied some 11,140 votes; with the nearest rival trailing with some 5,280.

Warner fought the election as one of the Deputy Leaders of the UNC, having won that position some two years before, in the internal elections of the party. He has so far, become one of the frontline speakers for the Government in Parliament.

Career history and accomplishments

• Teacher (history): Polytechnic Institute, Port-of-Spain 1970-1993;
 • elected general secretary of the Caribbean Football Union in 1978;
 • elected president of the Caribbean Football Union in 1983;
 • elected president of CONCACAF in 1990;
 • appointed special adviser to the Trinidad and Tobago Federation in 1990;
 • vice president of FIFA in 1997; and,
 • founded the Professional Football League in Trinidad and Tobago in 1999.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 21, 2011, 06:03:12 AM »
It good for de bitch....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: The Jack Warner Thread.
« Reply #905 on: June 21, 2011, 06:22:00 AM »
Caption This Guys....   :devil:

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 21, 2011, 06:26:15 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxJIJMUkAqw&feature=related

A Who seh Jack dun....  dey want tuh test d rocket launcher Jack.... ;D
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 21, 2011, 06:49:09 AM »
if jack even self watch at ah football i tellin...a live football a dead football football on sportsmax or football in sports & games i want u far far faaaaaaaaaaaaar from football...stay home and knock some PES..not FIFA eh...PES...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Boy yuh make mih morning!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 21, 2011, 06:52:35 AM »
“He has been cleared,” Lalla said   Interesting that Mr Lalla is prepared to lie, or at least distort the truth in public. Jack has been cleared of nothing...he just bought his way out as usual.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 21, 2011, 08:24:12 AM »
Quite frankly my biggest concern is who will pay Pfister. There I said it. allyuh bring it out of meh. Yes like one said; when yuh dismantling an empire it does take time. In the interim as their is no legacy we are as good as doomed. Is it worth.. I'm sure somewhere in a utopian society I would say yes but as it stands in this world of scoundrels I dam well worried. I feel Brown Sugar will suffer the most in this debacle because ah don't think we goin Brasil anymore.. ;D ;D and so the mantra has died!

D same peeps who pay d Don and d fella wit d fro my tax dollars.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 21, 2011, 08:27:57 AM »
I did not realise That jack let this money pass in Trinidad.

As a govt minister you cannot be at the center of this type of drama.  You have to do that stuff outside trindad jurisdriction.

Let us see if kamla and them will kick him out or if his funding the party will protect him.

This may also be the end of the coalition govt.

They run on the platform of cleaning up corruption and look at what is going down.

All we need now is for the Sheik to make a public statement or some peons to start talking.

btw how did this money get into the Country

Did somebody take a bank withdrawal of that much US or did someone walk through the airport with money in a suitcase?

things getting more and more serious.....

" They cant hang my Jack"
 :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 21, 2011, 08:29:58 AM »

AT LAST - With Beyonce singing in the background.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 21, 2011, 08:33:17 AM »
if jack even self watch at ah football i tellin...a live football a dead football football on sportsmax or football in sports & games i want u far far faaaaaaaaaaaaar from football...stay home and knock some PES..not FIFA eh...PES...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Boy yuh make mih morning!!!!

Dat is d best quote I read I eh go lie.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 21, 2011, 08:45:36 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AGFMLdNrBQ

...Leave People Business alone and mind OWN!!
Ah say it, how ah see it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: June 21, 2011, 09:50:28 AM »
I did not realise That jack let this money pass in Trinidad.

As a govt minister you cannot be at the center of this type of drama.  You have to do that stuff outside trindad jurisdriction.

Let us see if kamla and them will kick him out or if his funding the party will protect him.

This may also be the end of the coalition govt.

They run on the platform of cleaning up corruption and look at what is going down.

All we need now is for the Sheik to make a public statement or some peons to start talking.

btw how did this money get into the Country

Did somebody take a bank withdrawal of that much US or did someone walk through the airport with money in a suitcase?

things getting more and more serious.....

" They cant hang my Jack"

Boy, KND boy, where you been? Check the topic on bin Hammam....all 21 pages!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 21, 2011, 09:52:21 AM »

Its been a long, 30 year journey, but ah finally reached the place I was destined for.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 21, 2011, 10:07:36 AM »
So wait  if  Bin Hammam is found guilty of bribery and also  CFU officials Debbie Minguell and Jason Sylvester  .. Warner can be expelled from  parliament i presume ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 21, 2011, 10:31:32 AM »
Nope. Unless they specifically name Jack, he is not guilty by association. He can just say how disapointed he is in them and then give them jobs in Min of W&T.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 21, 2011, 10:33:33 AM »
Nope. Unless they specifically name Jack, he is not guilty by association. He can just say how disapointed he is in them and then give them jobs in Min of W&T.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 21, 2011, 10:50:17 AM »

"Ay!!, look de guard drop ah shilling oui, lemmih see how ah could snatch dat before lights out"
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 21, 2011, 11:02:56 AM »
So wait  if  Bin Hammam is found guilty of bribery and also  CFU officials Debbie Minguell and Jason Sylvester  .. Warner can be expelled from  parliament i presume ...

Bribery within a private organization is only a violation of said organizations bylaws if so stated.  It is not a criminal act in any way shape or form within it's current context.  So if they are removed it will simply be a PR measure rather than removal for any breach of law or office of goverment in T&T.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 21, 2011, 12:19:12 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EOkIzsWwL4o&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/EOkIzsWwL4o&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 21, 2011, 05:25:46 PM »
Jack Warner to receive five-figure Fifa pension for life  

Owen Gibson guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 21 June 2011 23.00 BST

Jack Warner could collect £23,000 a year into his 90s courtesy of Fifa's pension pot for former executive committee members. Jack Warner, the controversial former Fifa executive committee member who was at the heart of a corruption investigation until he resigned this week, is set to pick up a five-figure annual pension for life as a result of his decision to stand down.

According to Fifa's annual financial report, the world football governing body has accrued a pension pot of $16.8m (£10.3m) to pay a pension to all long-serving members of its executive committee.

"The provisions cover the future costs of the pension plan for members of the Fifa executive committee," says a note to the accounts. "An annual pension payment will be made to all long-serving Fifa executive committee members retiring from 2005 onwards."

Warner, long embroiled in a range of corruption allegations but wielding huge power as president of Concacaf, easily meets the criterion of having served on the executive committee for more than eight years. The Trinidadian, suspended when Fifa announced an investigation into claims – denied by him – that he facilitated a meeting where Sepp Blatter's presidential challenger, Mohamed bin Hammam, allegedly offered $40,000 bribes to each of 25 members of the Caribbean Football Union, has served on the committee since 1983.

Under Fifa's rules, the pension will be paid for as many years as Warner has served on the executive committee meaning that the 68-year-old can expect to collect it until he is 96.

Under the formula used by Fifa to calculate the pension, it is believed that Warner's annual payment could be as much as £23,000 a year.

"As a consequence of Mr Warner's self-determined resignation, all ethics committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained," Fifa said on Monday.

Meanwhile, Bin Hammam intends to continue to fight the bribery allegations that plunged the election campaign, eventually won by Blatter as the only candidate, into controversy and farce.

The 62-year-old Qatari has told friends that he will not follow Jack Warner's example and resign from Fifa and escape the outcome of the investigation.

The independent investigation, headed by the former FBI chief Louis Freeh, has until mid-July to reach a verdict.

Warner has said he will co-operate with Fifa but not with Freeh's investigation. "I will die first. Not me. If Fifa wants me to co-operate I will do that but not with Freeh," he told Bloomberg.

"I'm not going to back a complaint made by an American and investigated by Americans and an attempt to put it on American soil because the complaint is from Miami. I don't back this farce."

Fifa also said on Tuesday there were "no pending issues" between Blatter and the secretary general, Jérôme Valcke, who in a leaked email made public by Warner appeared to accuse Qatar of having "bought" the 2022 World Cup.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 21, 2011, 05:31:02 PM »
The British need to get a f**king life.  What does Jack Warner's FIFA pension have to do with anything?  steups

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 21, 2011, 07:28:58 PM »
The British need to get a f**king life.  What does Jack Warner's FIFA pension have to do with anything?  steups

Well, some people may consider this a travesty. Imagine, if you will, that there was mitigating evidence against Warner and FIFA offered him a deal: resign and we will drop the investigation. Now in this imaginary scenario, this would mean that Warner is being rewarded to the tune of a possible £23,000 p.a. for being found guilty.

Now this is all supposition, but it would be typical of FIFA to do this.

From the viewpoint of transparency, FIFA should have continued their investigation. Whether the person under investigation resigns or not, if they believed an investigation was required, that investigation should continue.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out with bin Hammam still being investigated, along with the CFU members. However, as I have commented all along, I don't think there will be any evidence against Jack, unless someone specifically names him.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 21, 2011, 07:59:31 PM »

Well, some people may consider this a travesty. Imagine, if you will, that there was mitigating evidence against Warner and FIFA offered him a deal: resign and we will drop the investigation. Now in this imaginary scenario, this would mean that Warner is being rewarded to the tune of a possible £23,000 p.a. for being found guilty.

Now this is all supposition, but it would be typical of FIFA to do this.

From the viewpoint of transparency, FIFA should have continued their investigation. Whether the person under investigation resigns or not, if they believed an investigation was required, that investigation should continue.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out with bin Hammam still being investigated, along with the CFU members. However, as I have commented all along, I don't think there will be any evidence against Jack, unless someone specifically names him.

It's a sick obsession... is what it is.   Regardless as to whether Jack is guilty or not, that has nothing to do with his pension.  Unless FIFA has some policy which says "an ethical finding of guilt will result in forfeiture of pension" then the one one has nothing to do with the other.  And mind you, that would be the case within an transparent and ethical organization... let alone FIFA.  You know better than I that the British sporting media has a fixation with Jack Warner.  I am far from being some anglophobe, but to hear the British tell it their shit don't stink... just everyone else's.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 21, 2011, 08:21:28 PM »

It's a sick obsession... is what it is.   Regardless as to whether Jack is guilty or not, that has nothing to do with his pension.  Unless FIFA has some policy which says "an ethical finding of guilt will result in forfeiture of pension" then the one one has nothing to do with the other.  And mind you, that would be the case within an transparent and ethical organization... let alone FIFA.  You know better than I that the British sporting media has a fixation with Jack Warner.  I am far from being some anglophobe, but to hear the British tell it their shit don't stink... just everyone else's.

I kinda with you here... i was now studying what he pension have to do with anything and I don't find the amount is anywhere near obscene neither...

however i glad the british media obsessed... because them doing de wuk that the trini media fraid to do...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 21, 2011, 08:27:21 PM »
I kinda with you here... i was now studying what he pension have to do with anything and I don't find the amount is anywhere near obscene neither...

however i glad the british media obsessed... because them doing de wuk that the trini media fraid to do...

I don't disagree... but they achieved their objective, he's out of FIFA.  I am one of Jack's biggest critics but the way they hounding every little thing about him they almost threatening to turn him into a sympathetic figure.  They knew all this shit about him before they tried to buy his support and he ended up stabbing them in the back.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 21, 2011, 08:34:57 PM »
FIFA release Jack Warner Q&A

Trinidad Guardian Published: Tue, 2011-06-21 16:09 

FIFA have released the following Q&A detailing some key issues surrounding vice president Jack Warner's resignation.

Q. How was Mr Warner's resignation notified to FIFA?

A. Through a letter to the FIFA ethics committee.

Q. Is Mr Warner's resignation with immediate effect?

A. Yes

Q. How does the resignation affect FIFA and CONCACAF? What will be the procedure to replace Mr Warner on the FIFA executive committee?

A. Please see article 30, paragraph seven of the FIFA statutes: "Any member of the executive committee who no longer exercises his official function shall be immediately replaced by the confederation or associations which appointed him for the remaining period of office."

For CONCACAF matters, please contact CONCACAF.

Q. Does Mr Warner's resignation mean he won't now be investigated by the FIFA ethics committee?

A. He will be investigated as a witness but not as an accused party. He has offered his support to the ethics committee in their continued investigation.

Q. Please could you expand on the reason(s) for the FIFA ethics committee procedures against Jack Warner being dropped?

A. Please see article one of the FIFA code of ethics which says "this code applies to all officials". According to Swiss association law, FIFA only has jurisdiction on its affiliated members. If a person leaves or resigns from an association, FIFA has no jurisdiction on that person anymore. Hence the ethics committee had legally no other option than to close the proceedings. However, should that person come back to football, the investigation would be automatically re-opened.

Q. Will FIFA examine Mr Warner's role in the affair, if as he says, he intends to continue to help FIFA with its inquiries?

A. Yes.

Q. Has he been offered some kind of immunity?

A. No.

Q. Could you also confirm whether any of the CFU countries could still face disciplinary action as a result of the FIFA ethics committee inquiry or whether that inquiry was just connected to the four people who were named as being under investigation?

A. Please note that the current investigation launched by the FIFA ethics committee is still ongoing. Should any violation of the FIFA code of ethics be established, appropriate decisions would then be taken.

Q. What's the status of [suspended AFC president Mohammed] Bin Hammam's appeal request?

A. Mr Bin Hammam's appeal against the provisional ban has been received. The case will be submitted to the FIFA appeal committee in due course.

Q. On May 29, the FIFA ethics committee stated that Mr Mohammed Bin Hammam and Mr Jack Warner would be initially suspended for 30 days. Will the investigation be extended, and for how long?

A. We also informed at that time that the provisional suspension could be extended for another 20-day period.

Q. Are the investigations completed in the case of Mr Bin Hammam and Mr Warner?

A. Please note that the current investigation launched by the FIFA ethics committee is still ongoing and the provisional suspension of Mr Bin Hammam is still in place. We cannot speculate on the outcome of the main procedures.

However, as mentioned in today's FIFA media release: "As a consequence of Mr Warner's self-determined resignation, all ethics committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained." However, Mr Warner will be heard as a witness.

Q. What does "the presumption of innocence is maintained" mean?

A. If a person was not found guilty and such a decision became final and binding, the presumption of innocence is maintained. This is a basic principle in law.

Q. Have you received the same resignation from Mr Bin Hammam?

A. No.

1]; } ?>