March 28, 2024, 04:07:21 PM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 423820 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Jack Warner Thread.
« Reply #1050 on: July 07, 2011, 08:48:29 PM »
Ahh Bakes, you're off your meds again. The only red herring being offered is located in your absolutely stupid response.

You claim to have "never said" there is no difference between "convenience" and "opportunity" but then you go ahead and state there is "no substantive difference between what I termed "convenience" and what you(me) termed "opportunity".

You can compare my reading comprehension to a five year old all you want but you're just plain wrong on that piece of tata you wrote. 

Your original statement seemed to say that those who have recently decided to speak out against Jack are less than virtuous and are only chirping because it is convenient to do so. I disagreed and said the opportunity to speak out and get results availed itself, whether it was convenient or not. Jack can still hurt a number of people through his influence. That is the gist of my argument and why I think your belief on their motives is misplaced. The terms we favor are not interchangeable nor is your viewpoint the same as mine. In fact, I didn't even state your initial viewpoint was wrong; I just disagreed. But you are wrong about there not being a (substantive) difference between opportunity and convenience. Since it seems beneath you to refer to the dictionary here are the two definitions. Please read once you've taken your head out of your ass.

A. op·por·tu·ni·ty
   /ˌɒpərˈtunɪti, -ˈtyu-/ Show Spelled[op-er-too-ni-tee, -tyoo-] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties.
1.an appropriate or favorable time or occasion: Their meeting afforded an opportunity to exchange views.
2.a situation or condition favorable for attainment of a goal.
3.a good position, chance, or prospect, as for advancement or success.

B.con·ven·ience
   /kənˈvinyəns/ Show Spelled[kuhn-veen-yuhns] Show IPA
–noun
1.the quality of being convenient;  suitability.
2.anything that saves or simplifies work, adds to one's ease or comfort, etc., as an appliance, utensil, or the like.
3.a convenient  situation or time: at your convenience.

There is nothing convenient about whistleblowing on a very powerful figure who still has friends.

All that I need to say can be summarized by responding to this... there is nothing at all contradictory about what I said.  I'll briefly reiterate, I never said the two terms mean the same thing... ignore the terms that we assigned to the motive (me "convenience", you "opportunity") and from a substance standpoint ("substantively") we are saying the same thing.  Not that "convenience" and "opportunity" means the same. It's really not that difficult to understand... but understandably you're having problems with it.  I appreciate you cutting and pasting from the dictionary though... apparently you needed the exercise.

Of course now, X amount of responses later we're no longer saying the same thing because you've changed your tune.  Whereas before you said "Never before has the opportunity existed to make a charge stick....the opportunity to act upon Jack's numerous infractions (alleged) simply did not exist because he held too much power."  Not the opportunity to speak out... the opportunity to act and "make it stick" is what you said.  If 'virtue' is what motivated them then whether the complaints bear fruit or not, the same way they aired the infractions now they could have aired them in the past.  Now your tune change to "the opportunity to speak out and get results availed itself, whether it was convenient or not."

Call me obnoxious, stupid... call what I write "tata" all you want, the impotency of your words is evidently lost on you.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:57:46 PM by Bakes »

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 07, 2011, 10:07:11 PM »
All that I need to say can be summarized by responding to this... there is nothing at all contradictory about what I said.  I'll briefly reiterate, I never said the two terms mean the same thing... ignore the terms that we assigned to the motive (me "convenience", you "opportunity") and from a substance standpoint ("substantively") we are saying the same thing.  Not that "convenience" and "opportunity" means the same. It's really not that difficult to understand... but understandably you're having problems with it.  I appreciate you cutting and pasting from the dictionary though... apparently you needed the exercise.

That's where you are getting tripped up. What you and I were saying was NEVER the same thing. You were questioning the whistleblowers motive and I was not. It's not that hard to understand but the cutting and pasting the definitions should allow even you to understand the difference between the two terms and how they are used.

Of course now, X amount of responses later we're no longer saying the same thing because you've changed your tune.  Whereas before you said "Never before has the opportunity existed to make a charge stick....the opportunity to act upon Jack's numerous infractions (alleged) simply did not exist because he held too much power."  Not the opportunity to speak out... the opportunity to act and "make it stick" is what you said.  If 'virtue' is what motivated them then whether the complaints bear fruit or not, the same way they aired the infractions now they could have aired them in the past.  Now your tune change to "the opportunity to speak out and get results availed itself, whether it was convenient or not."

I never said virtue was an issue or questioned the CFU whistleblowers; you did. Nice try on the duck season/rabbit season incantation. You've made some decent arguments in the past; this is certainly not one of them.

To say they were motivated by convenience (your argument) does not take into consideration that a more vulnerable Jack is not necessarily the same as a Jack that has no power. But it is not a surprise you would take the words out of context.  When... is used in such a manner, its usually done to shoe horn a bad argument.

Call me obnoxious, stupid... call what I write "tata" all you want, the impotency of your words is evidently lost on you.

"the impotency of your words"? Really, that's the best you can do?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:11:35 PM by tempo »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 07, 2011, 10:27:24 PM »
It seems ridiculous that I should even have to confront you with your own words, but...

...Before the FIFA election and 2018/22 World Cup announcements, the opportunity to act upon Jack's numerous infractions (alleged) simply did not exist because he held too much power. Once Blatter stated this would be his last term as FIFA president and World Cups for the next two cycles have been selected, Jack's leverage and ultimate power significantly diminished. People who have held numerous grievances against Jack have been lining up for years and now is their time to act.

The opportunity to publicize Jack's corruption didn't exist "because he held too much power"... now "Jack's leverage and ultimate power significantly diminished"... so people who have been lining up for years now realized "is their time to act". 

The focus on Jack's diminished power could mean one of two things... he was so powerful that he controlled their mouths with his psychic powers and prevented them from talking until now... or he was so powerful that they were afraid to talk out against him... until now.  Yes, clearly I've been taking your words out of context, I now see the error of my ways.

Moving on.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 07, 2011, 11:01:21 PM »
It seems ridiculous that I should even have to confront you with your own words, but...

No more than I have to confront you with your own.

Explain to me the difference between "convenience" as I have termed it, and "opportunity" as you have defined it?  I think we can both agree that any difference is mere semantic rather than substantive.

If you any grasp of reading comprehension you'd note that I never said that there is no difference between "convenience" and "opportunity", but thanks for trying to explain

Sounds like a contradiction doesn't it?

The focus on Jack's diminished power could mean one of two things... he was so powerful that he controlled their mouths with his psychic powers and prevented them from talking until now... or he was so powerful that they were afraid to talk out against him

It can also mean those who stayed silent did so because they knew nothing would come about if anything was said and why bother. Once again, there are no innocent parties here but I think you had mistaken "opportunity" for "opportunistic" in your claim that we were saying the same thing.

Ciao.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 07, 2011, 11:28:52 PM »
Allyuh 2 to educated yes...Allyuh coulda just agree on "Jack get jacked", instead ah all the literary cricket...buh ah check the match anyway...plenty voop..buh let's say draw... :rotfl: :devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 07, 2011, 11:36:54 PM »
Sounds like a contradiction doesn't it?

Only to a simpleton... the use of quotes (these nuh --->""<----) should have clued you in to the fact that I was referring to the "as I have termed it" and the "as you define it" elements.  Like everything else that went over yuh head.

It can also mean those who stayed silent did so because they knew nothing would come about if anything was said and why bother. Once again, there are no innocent parties here but I think you had mistaken "opportunity" for "opportunistic" in your claim that we were saying the same thing.

Ciao.

Right and by your reckoning they affirmatively chose to not say anything before... not that anything was preventing them from saying anything.  So it wasn't about "opportunity" after all.

Thanks for playing.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:40:12 PM by Bakes »

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 08, 2011, 12:33:30 AM »
Only to a simpleton... the use of quotes (these nuh --->""<----) should have clued you in to the fact that I was referring to the "as I have termed it" and the "as you define it" elements.  Like everything else that went over yuh head.

Whether you "termed it" or I "define it" is irrelevant; the fact is you first claimed there was no difference in our positions then you claimed that you never said there was no difference. Pettifog all you want, your words are your words.

Right and by your reckoning they affirmatively chose to not say anything before... not that anything was preventing them from saying anything.  So it wasn't about "opportunity" after all.

So it's not about "opportunity" because those who had a chance to speak up before didn't do so, hmmm? By your logic, before the May meeting would you consider that a reasonable opportunity existed to complain about Jack within CONCACAF? The meeting that took place at the Hyatt coupled with Jack's vulnerability created the opportunity to make changes. To act upon that opportunity could have been convenient for some but certainly not for all.

You also described one of two scenarios that could have been caused by Jack's power. One of the choices you provided was another one of your stupid attempts at sarcasm. The other choice was that members were too scared to say anything. I just added a second plausible reason; they may have been looking and waiting for the right opportunity. But in your constipated thought, you probably think that also means they were looking for a convenient moment. Now, one MAY be determined by self serving means (opportunity) while the other is DEFINITELY determined by self serving means (Convenience).

Now be a good boy and go to bed, you need your rest.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:36:08 AM by tempo »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 08, 2011, 04:23:47 AM »
Warner: I didn't vote for Qatar
Guardian.co.uk

Jack Warner has described as "nonsense" claims by one of his close associates that he voted for Qatar instead of the United States to be hosts of the 2022 World Cup, the London Guardian reported yesterday.

Warner was, until his resignation last month three weeks after his provisional suspension on corruption charges, president of CONCACAF made up of countries from North and Central America and the Caribbean, as well as a FIFA vice-president.

According to the Guardian, as CONCACAF president it would have been shocking for Warner to have backed Qatar over the USA, one of the countries in his confederation.

But Patrick John, president of the Dominica Football Association and a long-time ally of Warner, claims that he did vote for Qatar–and that the charges against Warner were a result of a conspiracy organised in response by the USA and England.

John told local radio in Dominica: "The whole thing is a conspiracy against Jack Warner. Jack promised the United States to push for the World Cup but when the thing came along at FIFA level Jack supported Qatar. That hurt the United States.

"Jack promised the English FA to push for the World Cup for them, but Jack sided with Russia so these two federations are up in arms against Jack. They are the only federations making trouble."

Warner insisted that was not the case, saying in an e-mail: "If Mr John did say so then that is nonsense but I imagine that one day all of this foolishness will come to an end."

Warner and fellow FIFA member Mohamed bin Hammam were provisionally suspended after being charged with bribery. It was alleged they organised cash gifts totalling US$1 million to Caribbean Football Union officials while Bin Hammam was campaigning for the FIFA presidency.

Bin Hammam expressed his hope that he will receive a fair hearing when he appears before FIFA's ethics committee later this month.

The 62-year-old said he was disappointed by "continuous leaks of confidential information".

He said on his website: "I am still looking for and hoping to receive a fair hearing—one which will not be influenced by any political agenda or motivation.

"These proceedings were initiated based on the allegations of vote buying. I hope that, by now, the investigation has identified whether or not there had been attempts by me—directly or indirectly—to buy votes, particularly from those who claimed to have received these monies.

"I hope that the decision will be made solely by the members of this committee and based solely on the facts presented and not based on assumptions or the wishes of people outside the committee."

Bin Hammam repeated his earlier claim that "there has been a bias against me".

FIFA's ethics committee will meet on July 22 and 23 to hear the case against Bin Hammam, who had been the Asian confederation president until his suspension.

The ethics committee will also hear the cases of Debbie Minguell and Jason Sylvester, the two Caribbean Football Union officials who were also suspended. FIFA dropped the investigation against Warner following his resignation from football-related activities, saying he was no longer under their jurisdiction.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1059 on: July 10, 2011, 07:10:39 AM »
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 07:16:28 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 11, 2011, 11:43:22 AM »
The British at it again but this time it's their own,their prime minister is the main culprit,i love the British press (transpearancy).

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 11, 2011, 11:49:50 AM »
The British at it again but this time it's their own,their prime minister is the main culprit,i love the British press (transpearancy).

WHAT?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 11, 2011, 12:15:12 PM »

Sorry Coops, how can you possibly blame this on the British PM and press? This is all about Kamlas insecurities and Jack not knowing how to manage up. Jack should realise that when you have a boss, its their vanity you place before your own. Same mistake Anil made that cost him the COP leadership.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 11, 2011, 12:59:13 PM »

Sorry Coops, how can you possibly blame this on the British PM and press? This is all about Kamlas insecurities and Jack not knowing how to manage up. Jack should realise that when you have a boss, its their vanity you place before your own. Same mistake Anil made that cost him the COP leadership.
       Sorry if i did not explin myself properly,i'm not into what going with Jack and Kamla and them,what i'm trying to show is what's going on in England write now,i guess you are not following or interested in that,is only T&T does have coruption,these things happen every where is just that we shame.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 11, 2011, 01:38:11 PM »

Sorry if i did not explin myself properly,i'm not into what going with Jack and Kamla and them,what i'm trying to show is what's going on in England write now,i guess you are not following or interested in that,is only T&T does have coruption,these things happen every where is just that we shame.

AGAIN... WHAT??

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1065 on: July 12, 2011, 04:12:37 AM »
Jack Warner: I may return to FIFA
By: Richard Lord (Guardian).

Former vice president of FIFA, Jack Warner, says he has unfinished business with the world football governing body and he may return in due course. Warner, who is also the Works Minister of T&T, made the comment during an interview after a visit to a dredging exercise in Sea Lots, Port-of-Spain, yesterday.

Asked if he considered FIFA a closed chapter, Warner said: “I will not say no because you can never tell what the future holds. “There are some unfinished business which I will have to finish in both FIFA and CONCACAF at the appropriate time and who knows I may go back.”

He was responding to a newspaper story which claimed he was warned by CONCACAF general secretary about certain matters relating to the infamous CONCACAF meeting at the Hyatt Regency in T&T several months ago. Allegations of bribery were subsequently made against Warner and others following that meeting. He said he was in FIFA for 30 years “and the only expert on the FIFA in this country is me and in the fullness of time I will tell this country what FIFA is and what FIFA is not.” He said citizens were free to say what they wanted about FIFA at this time. “Let them talk,” Warner added.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 12, 2011, 06:43:27 AM »
Jack Warner: I may return to FIFA
By: Richard Lord (Guardian).

Former vice president of FIFA, Jack Warner, says he has unfinished business with the world football governing body and he may return in due course. Warner, who is also the Works Minister of T&T, made the comment during an interview after a visit to a dredging exercise in Sea Lots, Port-of-Spain, yesterday.

Asked if he considered FIFA a closed chapter, Warner said: “I will not say no because you can never tell what the future holds. “There are some unfinished business which I will have to finish in both FIFA and CONCACAF at the appropriate time and who knows I may go back.”

He was responding to a newspaper story which claimed he was warned by CONCACAF general secretary about certain matters relating to the infamous CONCACAF meeting at the Hyatt Regency in T&T several months ago. Allegations of bribery were subsequently made against Warner and others following that meeting. He said he was in FIFA for 30 years “and the only expert on the FIFA in this country is me and in the fullness of time I will tell this country what FIFA is and what FIFA is not.” He said citizens were free to say what they wanted about FIFA at this time. “Let them talk,” Warner added.

This man could real grand charge yes!! We were most disappointed with his tsunami and now this as if Jack has any say or power in returning to FIFA!  ::)

This is just a prelude to Jack admitting he is going to continue being involved in strangling/controlling our football locally if we allow him and going against FIFA's orders for him to no longer be involved in world football in any capacity or else bribery investigations against him will be reopened!!

The 2006 world cup players need to press for every penny of the bonus money the TTFF owing them!! This will keep Jack from continued control of our football via his puppet Camps who will have to go if the TTFF has to declare bankruptcy!

TTFF is a member of the CFU which is a member of CONCACAF region of FIFA so any involvement by Jack in the TTFF means he is involving himself in FIFA matters.

Ah know certain men on here only waiting for Jack to give Camps the slightest bit of advice to start telling FIFA on him so the next few weeks could be interesting as Jack already getting FIFA corruptioin withdrawal symptoms!  :P
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 07:09:59 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 20, 2011, 06:37:02 AM »
So that is what happen to the tsunami.....

Jack: My e-mail account was hacked

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Jack__My_e-mail_account_was_hacked-125867463.html

By Anna Ramdass

Government Minister Jack Warner has said his e-mail account has been hacked.

Warner, the Minister of Works and Infrastructure and former vice-president of FIFA, had used the e-mail address jawfifa@aol.com for a number of years.

In the heat of the FIFA controversy where he was embroiled in allegations of bribery, Warner changed his e-mail address to jackawr@aol.com.

Yesterday, an e-mail was circulated stating Warner had once again changed his e-mail address to dsurvivor2011@aol.com.

The Express asked Warner last night by phone why he changed his e-mail address so regularly.

He responded: "I can't get into my mails. After 15 years, my e-mails have been erased ... since this issue with FIFA someone hacked into my mail."

Warner said he was told his e-mail was compromised and had a "fair idea'' as to what was happening.

But he said he would make a statement and deal with the issue at a later time.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 20, 2011, 06:43:37 AM »
"He responded: "I can't get into my mails."

Probably just forgot his new password  :rotfl:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 20, 2011, 08:02:05 AM »
I suspect that Janice Thomas is the culprit.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 20, 2011, 08:03:57 AM »
Jack is kicks oui...padnah piggyback on on rupert murdoch scandal while it still fresh
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 20, 2011, 08:45:35 AM »
Jack is kicks oui...padnah piggyback on on rupert murdoch scandal while it still fresh

ENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 20, 2011, 11:06:45 AM »
Warner said he was told his e-mail was compromised and had a "fair idea'' as to what was happening.

...AND THIS INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT TO WHO AGAIN ?????

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 20, 2011, 12:12:33 PM »

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Jack__My_e-mail_account_was_hacked-125867463.html

By Anna Ramdass

Warner, the Minister of Works and Infrastructure and former vice-president of FIFA, had used the e-mail address jawfifa@aol.com for a number of years.

In the heat of the FIFA controversy where he was embroiled in allegations of bribery, Warner changed his e-mail address to jackawr@aol.com.

Yesterday, an e-mail was circulated stating Warner had once again changed his e-mail address to dsurvivor2011@aol.com.

The Express asked Warner last night by phone why he changed his e-mail address so regularly.

He responded: "I can't get into my mails. After 15 years, my e-mails have been erased ... since this issue with FIFA someone hacked into my mail."

That is Jack's fault!! Jack must learn to change his password every so often!!

Maybe Camps was looking for evidence of the 2006 World Cup accounts to save himself making ah jail!!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 20, 2011, 12:20:46 PM »

...AND THIS INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT TO WHO AGAIN ?????

Jack Horner

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #1076 on: July 20, 2011, 01:28:56 PM »

By Anna Ramdass

The most notable thing there is that it have a man still registering email address with AOL.

He must be missing Compuserve and Prodigy bad.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 22, 2011, 03:18:50 PM »
Countdown to de real financial tsunami.

Take dem to de effin' "dry" cleaners Warriors. No mercy fuh Scamps, Rodent and by extension Jackula. Be focused and pay close attentiion. Jackula's playbook see-through plan is to drag this out long enough to create overlap with world cup qualifiers starting in August 2011, which would cause some players to theoretically geh desperate, assuming desire for career-defining picks on de national side with Pfister. The presumption is that there would be panic because of wishes to avoid the Jackula-created fatwa-like blacklist. Jackula is hoping that this will cause defections to weaken the lawsuit. Well most players have already had thier last rodeo and just want their retirement morney, so nice try.

Sancho, talk to yuh Warrior bredren and tell dem to hol' tight. Iz war. Y'all will prevail.  :beermug:

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 22, 2011, 10:01:39 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14256797.stm

Jack Warner gave cash to official, document obtained by BBC claims

Page last updated at 18:43 GMT, Friday, 22 July 2011 19:43 UK

The BBC has obtained a document detailing claims that Jack Warner handed a senior Caribbean football official a locked case containing envelopes of cash to be distributed to members of the Caribbean Football Union at a special meeting promoting Mohamed Bin Hammam's Fifa presidential bid.

The allegation is contained in a report by the CFU general secretary Angenie Kanhai. The two page document, on CFU headed paper and dated 15 July 2011, was prepared for Fifa general secretary Jerome Valcke but was to be sent via the CFU's executive committee.

It is understood this document has now been submitted to the ethics committee investigating claims that Bin Hammam tried to bribe members of the CFU with gifts of £40,000 each. Kanhai has travelled to Zurich, where the hearing is taking place, and, crucially, was expected to give evidence on Friday.

Warner, Bin Hammam and two CFU officials, Debbie Minguell and Jason Sylvester, refused to co-operate with Fifa's ethics committee investigation, carried out by former FBI director Louis Freeh.

So the apparent co-operation of such a senior figure at the top of the CFU - Warner was effectively Kanhai's boss - is a significant development.

In a series of bullet points, signed by Kanhai, a detailed account is given of what happened during the meeting of the CFU at the Hyatt Hotel, Trinidad on May 10-11. The document states:

"I was directed to coordinate the special meeting of the CFU by Mr Jack Warner, who was at that time, president of the CFU. Mr Warner initially requested the meeting be held by April 18, 2011, but the May date was ultimately agreed.

"The purpose of the special meeting was to provide Mr Bin Hammam with the opportunity to address the delegates from the CFU.

"On May 10, 2011, Mr Warner advised me that he had gifts, which were to be distributed to the delegates. Mr Warner did not tell me what the gifts were, but advised that they were to be distributed from the Hotel (sic) that afternoon. After consulting with my staff, Jason Sylvester and Debbie Minguell, I suggested to Mr Warner that the gifts be distributed between 3PM and 5PM that day.

"During the morning session on May 10, Mr Warner made an announcement to the attendees about picking up the abovementioned (sic) gift. I was told that I should come to his office to collect the gifts that were to be distributed.

"I arrived at Mr Warner's office at approximately 2.30PM on May 10 and collected a locked bag with the key in the front pocket.

"The bag contained 26 envelopes, these envelopes were unmarked and were folded and sealed. I did not see any envelopes opened and left Debbie Minguell and Jason Sylvester to distribute the envelopes.

"The next day I met Debbie and Jason for breakfast at the hotel and they advised me that the envelopes had contained cash."

Continue reading the main story

It's not unusual for such things to happen and gifts have been around throughout the history of Fifa. What's happening now for me is hypocrisy
Jack WarnerSpeaking on 20 June 2011
The report goes on to say:

"In speaking with the representative from the Bahamas I was advised that he had returned the envelope. The representative from the Turks and Caicos returned the envelope to Ms Minguell on the morning of May 11 2011.

"After the meeting I was contacted by Mr Warner who asked that the bag and any remaining gifts be returned to him."

Although Bin Hammam, Minguell and Sylvester all face being banned from football following the ethics committee hearing, all the charges against Warner were dropped last month after he resigned from Fifa and his powerful positions in Caribbean football.

Witnesses from some of the 25 CFU associations offered money have stated that the idea of giving cash gifts originated with Warner. But despite giving up his football posts he has repeatedly denied direct involvement in the bribery plot.

In a statement dated 20 June, Warner said: "I am convinced that since my actions did not extend beyond facilitating the meeting that gave Mr Bin Hammam an opportunity to pursue his aborted bid for the Fifa presidency, I would be fully exonerated by any objective arbiter."

Kanhai's account of events in Trinidad suggests then that Warner was more implicated in the bribery scandal than he has previously admitted.

But while the report shows a clear chain of command between Warner and the officials who allegedly distributed the money, it does not prove a direct link between the cash and Bin Hammam.

Leaked details of Freeh's report into the affair concluded that although there is no smoking gun there is "convincing circumstantial evidence" that he was behind it.

When contacted by phone by the BBC this week, Kanhai refused to comment on the claims she had been handed the controversial case of money by Warner.

Kanhai did not return a number of calls immediately prior to the publication of this story while repeated requests for comment from Warner received no response.

The new evidence emerged as Fifa's ethics committee began hearing the case against Bin Hammam. Earlier in the day the 62-year-old Qatari, suspended from all football activity on May 29, released a statement appearing to concede defeat in his bid to clear his name.

"Despite the weakness of the case against me, I am not confident that the hearing will be conducted in the manner any of us would like," he said. "It seems likely that FIFA has made its decision weeks ago. So, none of us should be completely surprised if a guilty verdict is returned."
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 23, 2011, 08:00:51 AM »
BBC = Bullshit Broadcasting Corporation.

Jack will raise again.
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

1]; } ?>