March 28, 2024, 10:48:12 AM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 423792 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
My point was that it was warped thinking for Warner to think that this deal would be kosher.

this is what I been thinkin myself, in fact I called it a dumb move since the CFU will vote as a block talk started up, is like playin all fours an showing yuh hand and yuh only trump a Jack....no pun intended
I pity the fool....

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"FS, all I can tell you is that for all your smarts you can be hopelessly naive at times. What is "acceptable" and what actually happens in reality are often oceans apart.  You, MEP and others seem to think conjecture is enough to drag Jack into courts... good luck with allyuh campaign.  Next time yuh see ah fella smoking weed ah want yuh to go to de nearest police station and either report it, or turn yuhself in after the fact for not reporting it."

I guess this is the problem with T&T. You call me naive, but anybody who hears that recording and believes there was no bribe is beyond naive. Anybody who still believes Warner has never done anything wrong is naive.  People can be caught redhanded and its still not enough.

Yes Bakes, you can argue until time immamorial about this and that but what we heard on the tape is enough to yet again embarrass T&T internationally, force a resignation, and start an investigation. I can understand why some less educated people may not see that, but someone who is educated and has the benefits of living overseas should be, in my opinion, screaming for Jack to go, writing letters to Kamla, the government, other M.P.s, newspapers etc.

I just don't understand your angle.

But then, I remember 5 years ago people on this site saying that Warner will never go to court and the players would never get a red cent. It may take time, but justice will prevail.

As for "ah fella smoking weed ah want yuh to go to de nearest police station and either report it, or turn yuhself in after the fact for not reporting it." why report it, it nots like its trafficking in child protitutes, right? 

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack will get out of this some how I am sure.

I think he got properly well setup, and who ever made this vid, sat on it till they got a good price for it.

Regards,
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I think he got properly well setup, and who ever made this vid, sat on it till they got a good price for it.

Regards,

OCONNORG IS U. Jack bring u out of hiding.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Regards,

Girl, i watch the vid grinning ear to ear wondering to my self How he going to weasel him self outta this one.

I was not hiding, I was like the Observer.. Just Observing. lol ;D
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Regards,

Girl, i watch the vid grinning ear to ear wondering to my self How he going to weasel him self outta this one.

I C

He will b easy to weasel himself because people in Trini doh 2 dey wuk. Me eh like some people and feel I is the brightest in these parts but I figure out what happen and how if anybody wanted to do someting would have done it long ago. This is how it play out Ben H have a diplomatic passport so therefore he did not have to go through customs and he partner d Min of Works meet him in d airport. So the legal experts need to tell me if a diplomat can bring in undisclosed sums of money and is therefore not subject to the custom laws. If that is the case then and only then NO LAWS WERE BROKEN.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dem brits cud HTMC for pushing this vendetta. No WC..hush ur c**t and try again. As far as Fifa goes.. yuh cud start a comic book series called League Of Crooks bout them. Is real characters, plots and backstabbing.. so is real content for the series.

Austin boi... in the process of trying to help the region you got too greedy and took advantage of people. Yuh have to sleep in the bed you made papa.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
FS ah sorry eh buh hoss fuh as intelligent as yuh want to seem yuh rell ignorant fella.  Do you think that tape by itself without any further PROOF is enough to convict Jack Warner of anything in a court of law?  At any point did he say to the CFU members you are obligated to vote for BH?  If gifts are allowed in the "bidding" process but you don't or cannot see that as a bribe, then how is what the footage shows a "bribe?"  What exactly is the purpose of gifts in the bidding process if not to sway the votes in favor of the gift giver?

Just so you know a bribe is defined as:

1. money or any other valuable consideration given or promised with a view to corrupting the behavior of a person, especially in that person's performance as an athlete, public official, etc.:
2. anything given or serving to persuade or induce:

So after reviewing the definition can you honestly say all that the English FA offered in order to try to win the CFU votes to land the 2018 or 2012 WC was not a "bribe?"  Or is it not a bribe because FIFA "say it OK?"

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile

Regards,

I C

He will b easy to weasel himself because people in Trini doh 2 dey wuk. Me eh like some people and feel I is the brightest in these parts but I figure out what happen and how if anybody wanted to do someting would have done it long ago. This is how it play out Ben H have a diplomatic passport so therefore he did not have to go through customs and he partner d Min of Works meet him in d airport. So the legal experts need to tell me if a diplomat can bring in undisclosed sums of money and is therefore not subject to the custom laws. If that is the case then and only then NO LAWS WERE BROKEN.

Actually there are many special allowances for Diplomats and though I am not certain of the specifics, I imagine they are afforded additional privileges with regard to how much cash they can travel with as opposed to the average joe.  Now it have 2 flaws in what you propogating right off the back.  1. you seem to be assuming BH brought cash when Warner could very well have that amount of physical cash and use that after recieving a check from BH.  2. You also seem to be operating under the conclusion that Warner was complicit in hatching a sceme to bring the cash in (if in fact BH under Diplo Immunity would not be allowed to).  The problem with that is neither you nor anyone here KNOWS anything that can PROVE these assertions.  It's as if because (as we all know) Jack like money and does take plenty advantage, that he somehow overly simple and stupid to the point that he will make these elementary errors.  That tape actually does a much better job making Jack look like a scapegoat rather than a co-conspirator.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FS ah sorry eh buh hoss fuh as intelligent as yuh want to seem yuh rell ignorant fella.  Do you think that tape by itself without any further PROOF is enough to convict Jack Warner of anything in a court of law?  At any point did he say to the CFU members you are obligated to vote for BH?  If gifts are allowed in the "bidding" process but you don't or cannot see that as a bribe, then how is what the footage shows a "bribe?"  What exactly is the purpose of gifts in the bidding process if not to sway the votes in favor of the gift giver?

Just so you know a bribe is defined as:

1. money or any other valuable consideration given or promised with a view to corrupting the behavior of a person, especially in that person's performance as an athlete, public official, etc.:
2. anything given or serving to persuade or induce:

So after reviewing the definition can you honestly say all that the English FA offered in order to try to win the CFU votes to land the 2018 or 2012 WC was not a "bribe?"  Or is it not a bribe because FIFA "say it OK?"

Killa... me eh know nah... but this video is after de fact of de money sharing, when it became known that people complain to concacaf.
If I was in de room, de message I getting is...
"Allyuh keep allyuh black arse quiet... you ent see I looking out for allyuh! I never tell allyuh vote for Bin Hamman yesterday... all I do is share out $40,000 cash to do with as yuh please, it just happen to come from Bin Hamman. Sepp blatter and dem never give we nothing and it look like we arse dark if he continue. Look Bin Hamman giving we gifts... but vote for who yuh want eh... We voting as a block though"

Bribery usually involves alot of double speak and innuendo... Follow the Blagojevich case, these things difficult to prove either way.

In any case... I cyah vote for dat.

I wish more trinis saw it de same way

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
As I tried to explain that is not what “is clear in my mind”. I was commenting on the transcript and making two separate observations as in - I see Lise Austin get shout out (in the transcript) and it (the transcript) confirms Warner’s warped thinking.

That wasn't entirely clear from what you typed... but I understand what you meant.

Yes I read the transcript and while he talks about Blatter being aware he also expresses dismay at delegates sharing details of the meeting with the Concacaf office in NY, dismay at the media being aware of something. At another point he says that they could disgree and discuss as much as they want but what happens there should stay there.

That is normal...  you have to listen to the tape rather than rely on the transcripts.  There are whole sentences left out of the transcripts which they claim is "inaudible" (for journalists you'd hope they realize that the word is "indecipherable/unintelligible").  The secrecy isn't so much a nefarious thing as it is more to give people confidence that they can speak candidly within the group... again, this is normal in any organization.

I haven’t been pushing any bribe talk as far as him being open to prosecution under TnT law. My point is that Warner’s thinking was terrible flawed.

Even if you consider FIFA’s low ethical standard his failure to foresee problems with facilitating these gifts/grants from a candidate challenging the established leadership indicates that Warner was not thinking as normal people would. He was thinking as he would that everyone of the 25 was corrupt, corruptible, too greedy to pass up free money or too beholden to him as the CFU Czar to object. In fact the first thing I said when this all broke was that Warner got lazy in his scheming and didn’t think things through.

I would also say there are are significant differences between WC bidding and FIFA presidential voting and that this action was unprecedented even within FIFA but that would be a long post. For WC bids you are wooing 24 senior executives, seasoned politicians accustomed to public and private horse trading. This arrangement is offering 40,000 to 25 people who are on a completely different level. More importantly Warner clearly did not have their buy-in from them. My point was that it was warped thinking for Warner to think that this deal would be kosher.

You could finesse the difference anyway you like... from what you saying "horse trading" among the ExCo is okay, trading ponies with hoi polloi is verboten.  In both circumstances you have gifts being given in hopes of influencing a vote.  A bribe is a bribe unless the ExCo say it's not a bribe.  I don't know what's normal practice within FIFA, but from the little window we have had into their operation, this is par for the course.  Clearly Warner also thought this was par for the course since he let Blatter know of the game ahead of time.  Maybe as yuh say he thinking was so warp that in his nearly 30 whatever years in FIFA he never see nothing like this but thought he'd start something and everybody would be cool with it.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scorpion

If a cheque was deposited in Jack a/c or a wire transfer made that should be easy enough to ascertain. If as a Diplomat u can bring in any amount of money show me that from the Min of Foreign Affairs. Until I see either  d cheque or the wire transfer or that he has the freedom to bring in any amount of money then I say a crime was committed and somebody eh doin they wuk.

Tape and bribe eh concern me when u look up bribe in d dictionary u does see FIFA/IOC.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So here is what reputable large multinational companies do to prevent this sort of drama...

They have something called a gift registry which MUST be used by any employee that receives a "gift" from someone who does business with that company.
You hadda enter the monetary value of the gift and this documentation will be sent to the legal department. They will then advise on whether there will be the apparant perception of conflict of interest/trying to bribe in smart etc etc.
If it is cleared, you could accept the gift.
If it will remotely appear that it will be controversial, you hadda return the gift or let higher management take it from there.
As an employee if you do that, you are in full compliance and ethical.
Now JW dont have much higher to go than him in FIFA besides Blatter, lol, who just so happens to be Bin Hamin's opponent.
But I am absolutely 100% sure that a body like FIFA will have a very formal gifts registry that the legal unit will be closely monitoring.
Here is where the personality of FIFA comes in, we know its one of the most corrupt organizations in the world. I am sure its only the mid and low level officials who actually follow the rules and utilize the registry.
If that the case, JW acted improperly and unethically and he did the right thing by resigning.

But in a court of law, he appears to have not broken any laws.
Even the decleration of Cash, that is fully on the man/people who bring in the cash.
You really think a Govt minister/FIFA VP have time to think about every single situation and chase down a man and ask him if he remember to declare his cash??
At the end of the day, JW did the best thing by resigning, it is also very very clear that there is a conspiracy against him by others in FIFA and perhaps English officials connected to the press/Jennings.
If I were him, I would get a real good PR company and you can spin this to a big advantage.
But then a man like JW must be aint have the time to do that, and then also, what the point?
He FIFA career done.

What is sad is how may people here jump up excited excited and saying Jack get ketch, Jack is the devil, finally proof of what we knew all along about how corrup he is.....Please think for yourself independently and not succumb to personal opinions and what the British press said. its almost like "massa say this, so is so" all over again.
I am the first to say I glad JW officially gone from T&T football (we all know this not really the case), and someone like him in Govt sends the wrong signals, but this whole situation about this tape is a joke, very deceiving from the British paper.

Boss post Bakes on page one....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
"FS, all I can tell you is that for all your smarts you can be hopelessly naive at times. What is "acceptable" and what actually happens in reality are often oceans apart.  You, MEP and others seem to think conjecture is enough to drag Jack into courts... good luck with allyuh campaign.  Next time yuh see ah fella smoking weed ah want yuh to go to de nearest police station and either report it, or turn yuhself in after the fact for not reporting it."

I guess this is the problem with T&T. You call me naive, but anybody who hears that recording and believes there was no bribe is beyond naive. Anybody who still believes Warner has never done anything wrong is naive.  People can be caught redhanded and its still not enough.

Now you just talking f**king shit... you think your beloved England any f**king better?  I'm sorry but whether we cool or not you starting to stray into dangerous territory with this kinda talk. All the blasted bribes England have been offering over the years to Warner and whomever else and you want to come here talking about 'that's the problem with T&T'?  Or is it just a bribe because cash was used instead of "cheques", wire transfers or non-cash gifts?  Nobody said anything about Warner's hands being clean and you have to be a damn ass to think that this is evidence of anybody being caught "redhanded".

Yes Bakes, you can argue until time immamorial about this and that but what we heard on the tape is enough to yet again embarrass T&T internationally, force a resignation, and start an investigation. I can understand why some less educated people may not see that, but someone who is educated and has the benefits of living overseas should be, in my opinion, screaming for Jack to go, writing letters to Kamla, the government, other M.P.s, newspapers etc.

Well if T&T is being embarrassed internationally then that is T&T's problem then, isn't it?  We've been enduring Jack for how long now?  How many times have we been embarrassed before?  I think we'll be alright.  Maybe it is precisely because I am "educated and [have] the benefits of living overseas" that I can put this in the proper context and realize this is not the great smoking gun you want to make it out to be. 

I'm not condoning wrongdoing by Jack or anybody else, but in the grand scheme of things this is incredibly minor... except the declaration thing.  If he abetted/encouraged it then he needs to be charged and kicked out of government.  Even if this wasn't FIFA we were talking about this tempest in a teapot would be overblown... the very fact that it's FIFA makes it even less significant.  If politicians were squeaky clean then there'd be no politics... it's not ideal but that's the reality.

I just don't understand your angle.

But then, I remember 5 years ago people on this site saying that Warner will never go to court and the players would never get a red cent. It may take time, but justice will prevail.

As for "ah fella smoking weed ah want yuh to go to de nearest police station and either report it, or turn yuhself in after the fact for not reporting it." why report it, it nots like its trafficking in child protitutes, right? 

It's not trafficking in child prostitutes but since you want to act like Mother Theresa, even to the point of imagining all kinds of far-fetched ridiculous responsibilities for citizens I fully expect you to practice what you preach.  Please don't forget to come and let us know what happen at the police station.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So here is what reputable large multinational companies do to prevent this sort of drama...

They have something called a gift registry which MUST be used by any employee that receives a "gift" from someone who does business with that company.
You hadda enter the monetary value of the gift and this documentation will be sent to the legal department. They will then advise on whether there will be the apparant perception of conflict of interest/trying to bribe in smart etc etc.
If it is cleared, you could accept the gift.
If it will remotely appear that it will be controversial, you hadda return the gift or let higher management take it from there.
As an employee if you do that, you are in full compliance and ethical.
Now JW dont have much higher to go than him in FIFA besides Blatter, lol, who just so happens to be Bin Hamin's opponent.
But I am absolutely 100% sure that a body like FIFA will have a very formal gifts registry that the legal unit will be closely monitoring.
Here is where the personality of FIFA comes in, we know its one of the most corrupt organizations in the world. I am sure its only the mid and low level officials who actually follow the rules and utilize the registry.
If that the case, JW acted improperly and unethically and he did the right thing by resigning.

But in a court of law, he appears to have not broken any laws.
Even the decleration of Cash, that is fully on the man/people who bring in the cash.
You really think a Govt minister/FIFA VP have time to think about every single situation and chase down a man and ask him if he remember to declare his cash??
At the end of the day, JW did the best thing by resigning, it is also very very clear that there is a conspiracy against him by others in FIFA and perhaps English officials connected to the press/Jennings.
If I were him, I would get a real good PR company and you can spin this to a big advantage.
But then a man like JW must be aint have the time to do that, and then also, what the point?
He FIFA career done.

What is sad is how may people here jump up excited excited and saying Jack get ketch, Jack is the devil, finally proof of what we knew all along about how corrup he is.....Please think for yourself independently and not succumb to personal opinions and what the British press said. its almost like "massa say this, so is so" all over again.
I am the first to say I glad JW officially gone from T&T football (we all know this not really the case), and someone like him in Govt sends the wrong signals, but this whole situation about this tape is a joke, very deceiving from the British paper.

So Jack as Minister 2 busy to make sure that the laws of TNT is obeyed I hear u. Agreed is Ben H who may have broken d law that Jack was 2 busy 2 check 2 c that was followed. After all d fella say d chicken was his own not d weed in d container.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He FIFA career done.

Exactly!  Amazing to me the hypocrisy of the English acting like their hands are so clean or that they are beyond reproach.  Can T&T ever embarrass itself the way England has over the years?  How many political scandals have there been over the years in England?  Charles and Diana was screwing other people while still married (to use one example), last I checked that was adultery... even in the Church of England.  Yet Charles still in line to be "King".  An adulterous King... where have we heard that before?  Nah... only the colonies supposed to have shame?  Steups.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
The first thing JW ask before he start talking is if the media present, someone responded no, then he proceeded.

Question, If I tell ah man to bring in 10 kilos of cocaine and give it to certain people. When, the courier is caught, can I be implicated?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
As much as I agree the tape is not implicating, at the same time it can be argued that it is.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The first thing JW ask before he start talking is if the media present, someone responded no, then he proceeded.

Question, If I tell ah man to bring in 10 kilos of cocaine and give it to certain people. When, the courier is caught, can I be implicated?

Jack never ask Bin H to bring anything. (Of course we all know he did, but based on this tape, we cant conclude that)
Hart for president

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

Jack never ask Bin H to bring anything. (Of course we all know he did, but based on this tape, we cant conclude that)

JW said "I tell him to bring cash....what will we do with some sand, we have better sand"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yes... for facilitating the commission of a crime.

Anticipating your next response... possessing or distributing cash is not a crime.  The most Jack could be "implicated" for is facilitating an exchange of the cash.  You can call it a bribe (itself not illegal in this context) as many are dead set on doing but Jack left himself enough wiggle room on the tape to even cast that in doubt.  To the sanctimonious English these doubts don't matter though... not while there are pikes to be sharpened and torches to be lit.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

JW said "I tell him to bring cash....what will we do with some sand, we have better sand"

Thats not a crime. Bin H wanted to bring gifts. Jack never asked him to (Again, based on this tape. In reality, we all know JW did indeed imply he wanted some favors)
Hart for president

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

Yes... for facilitating the commission of a crime.

Anticipating your next response... possessing or distributing cash is not a crime.  The most Jack could be "implicated" for is facilitating an exchange of the cash.  You can call it a bribe as many are dead set on doing but Jack left himself enough wiggle room on the tape to even cast that in doubt.  To the sanctimonious English these doubts don't matter though... not while there are pikes to be sharpened and torches to be lit.
Possession of cash is not a crime, but bringing in over $10, 000 dollars without declaration is a crime.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile

at what frame in the footage does this occur?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

Thats not a crime. Bin H wanted to bring gifts. Jack never asked him to (Again, based on this tape. In reality, we all know JW did indeed imply he wanted some favors)

Go and listen again. BH wanted to bring some silver tray and some other trinkets with some type of sand in it and JW said what will we do with that. All the African countries getting turf field, so bring something we can use and he (JW) told him to bring cash so the CFU members can use it as they see fit.  Listen again.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Go and listen again. BH wanted to bring some silver tray and some other trinkets with some type of sand in it and JW said what will we do with that. All the African countries getting turf field, so bring something we can use and he (JW) told him to bring cash so the CFU members can use it as they see fit.  Listen again.

Is this the same video from the link Dinho posted or a different one?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Elan, Bin H wanted to bring some wooden gifts but suggested he wouldnt be able to carry all of that for 30+ members. So, JW simply told him to bring a cash equivalent if that works for him. Looks harmless to me.
Hart for president

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
At 1:27 in the video the original poster linked to. He said he told him if he is bringing cash, he must give it to the CFU to give to the members.

It's not exactly how I said that "he told him to bring cash", my apologies. But he did know that BH was bringing cash and he instructed him on how to distributed that cash. He used a silly excuse about a private plane not being able to hold the luggage for all the members of the CFU.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

Elan, Bin H wanted to bring some wooden gifts but suggested he wouldnt be able to carry all of that for 30+ members. So, JW simply told him to bring a cash equivalent if that works for him. Looks harmless to me.

I'm not saying it's gonna sending to jail, but he did know what was going to happen. You right.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
At 1:27 in the video the original poster linked to. He said he told him if he is bringing cash, he must give it to the CFU to give to the members.

It's not exactly how I said that "he told him to bring cash", my apologies. But he did know that BH was bringing cash and he instructed him on how to distributed that cash. He used a silly excuse about a private plane not being able to hold the luggage for all the members of the CFU.

Hoss allyuh could rell f**k up ah story bad oui!!!  De man said (paraphrasing) BH say what he want to bring is too much luggage fuh ah private plane and he JW said BH "dont have to bring anything"  how you skip that part of what de man say hoss?

1]; } ?>