April 28, 2024, 08:09:56 PM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 428215 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner dummies the press again.
« Reply #1440 on: January 17, 2012, 08:06:49 AM »
Brilliant article. i've said it before and i'll saying it again, before nov 2010 i always thought of warner as ah man who had ah handle on things as in very "cunning intelligent fella" who game is working to plan with pin point accuracy, but after that flunk out of the gold cup for ah 2nd consecutive time, i began to think, "maybe this guys is just luckier than stupid"!

to see jamiaca lift that cup for the 2nd time in ah row, with T&T not even ah distant second, made me to question my self as to this man's intelligence level (in trute). i asked my self, what would his ulterior motive be for losing to a team that had less talent than ours, and not only that, but losing out on a substantial amount of money for TV rights and appearance fees.

i thought jack came to his senses when we were dogged in the gold cup of 2007 when we failed to compete with the likes of el-salvador and guatemala who were relatively poor @ that point in time, and by turning ah new leaf when he lifted the black list and brought in francisco maturana, only to make some more dumb mistakes.

he then went on to insist on maturana after ah failed gold cup, which IMO was the right time to employ a stallwart coach to take us to the hex. he then brought in latapy as head coach, ah man who never even coached ah kindergarden outfit to take charge of the senior team, all in the name of saving ah buck, and still insisted in latas despite his obvious lack of know how, lead me to believe that this man couldn't even run ah corner deli with relative efficiency.

all the other little stumbles with simpaul and the ticket fiasco also made me consider how much of ah dummy this man was for chasing petty money when he had the potential to make some real cheese if he had walked ah straight line and put his shoulders to the wheel and kept his nose clean.

last but not least, i believe that the future for jack warner is ah 6x8 cell somewhere on the planet, and maybe not (since he's luckier than stupid). the man went and tried to bribe the 11 stooges with "petty methods" again! now for ah man who live and thrive in the professional business world, he surely didn't learn anything about being professional, this is something not even two bit drug dealers fall prey too. what ah forkin dunce!

which leads me to believe, the man is the luckiest stupid man i've ever seen.

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 17, 2012, 11:28:15 AM »
Again Lasana shows his ineptitude as both journalist and writer.....is there anything new here? Or is he best at penning poor commentaries...........

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 17, 2012, 11:33:46 AM »
Again Lasana shows his ineptitude as both journalist and writer.....is there anything new here? Or is he best at penning poor commentaries...........

Lasana need to learn how to write, he is narrow minded and sounds like a broken record.

Talk all you can Lasana because thats all you can do, but you or no one can bring down T&T's God Father.

Blatter wil fall and Jack will raise again !!!!!!!!!!!

Two ah alyuh bounce up on the maxi stand or wha.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 17, 2012, 12:12:35 PM »
I wouldn't say the article is poor or inept... just overwrought, as is his fashion.  Coulda do without the references to "The Guard" and Goebbels, they add nothing of substance and come across as Lasana knowledge dropping for the sake of.  But dai'z just me.

Aside from that:

The international press was no less pliable.

Yes, in a very narrow, technical sense, pliable fits.  Much better would be "pliant".  Pliable relates to a physical quality whereas pliant is used in the more figurative sense.

Justice Rampersad gave Warner a deadline of February 10 to provide an account of "all income, donations, gifts, grants or benefits whatsoever and all expenditure" arising from the Germany 2006 World Cup.

If only that were true... he gave the TTFF a deadline, not Jack... underscoring the futility of the order, and calling into question just how much Rampersad really "fuming" that a proper accounting has yet to be presented.  Rampersad playing de ass... that is where the real story is.

Yes I nitpicking admittedly, but that's the difference between good and mediocre writing, in my not so humble opinion.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 17, 2012, 12:33:38 PM »
Lasana is one of the best investigative sports journalists and an admirable and upright young man! Oh how I wish we had more persons like him instead of those pot hounds that Jack invite at his end of year lime! To make them look even more stupid , he named dishes after them! They should be keeping a close eye and pen on what he is saying! First I heard that the auditor general gave PURE a clean bill of health! Next thing I hear that it is a pack of foolishness and none of the auditors spoke with him on it! Why no one writes about these discrepancies and allow him to blabberi his mouth?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: January 17, 2012, 12:56:50 PM »
Lasana need to learn how to write, he is narrow minded and sounds like a broken record.

Talk all you can Lasana because thats all you can do, but you or no one can bring down T&T's God Father.

Or maybe you need to learn how to comprehend

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: January 17, 2012, 01:00:00 PM »
If only that were true... he gave the TTFF a deadline, not Jack... underscoring the futility of the order, and calling into question just how much Rampersad really "fuming" that a proper accounting has yet to be presented.  Rampersad playing de ass... that is where the real story is.

Yes Bakes, I been meaning to ask over in the next thread....what happens if Jack tell de TTFF "go and ask yuh mudda!!" and eh give dem nutten.....what de TTFF would do??  Turn Jack over on dey knee and give him two slap??   ??? ???

Ah find dat move by de judge kinda funny.........   :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: January 17, 2012, 01:01:03 PM »
Lasana is one of the best investigative sports journalists and an admirable and upright young man! Oh how I wish we had more persons like him instead of those pot hounds that Jack invite at his end of year lime! To make them look even more stupid , he named dishes after them! They should be keeping a close eye and pen on what he is saying! First I heard that the auditor general gave PURE a clean bill of health! Next thing I hear that it is a pack of foolishness and none of the auditors spoke with him on it! Why no one writes about these discrepancies and allow him to blabberi his mouth?

Cuz he does carry dem journalists on lime and cook food and name the dishes after dem...... ::) ::)
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 17, 2012, 01:01:39 PM »

Aye, aye Diamondtrim.  Long time no see.....what's up??   ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: January 17, 2012, 01:17:39 PM »

Yes Bakes, I been meaning to ask over in the next thread....what happens if Jack tell de TTFF "go and ask yuh mudda!!" and eh give dem nutten.....what de TTFF would do??  Turn Jack over on dey knee and give him two slap??   ??? ???

Ah find dat move by de judge kinda funny.........   :-\

I think the point is that if Jack doesn't comply, he will be added as a defendant. The judge stated case law why that should not happen because of the defendents application, but then also stated how it can happen at the courts discretion. He also indicated that TTFF should have done this 5 years ago and intimated that he believed it hadn't been done because of a conflict of interest regarding the lawyers.

He also noted the timescale and the statute of limitations.

He has effectively ensured that should it be required, he could add Warner as a defendent and not allow Lalla and friends to defend all 3 parties.

I believe he's giving them enough rope to hang themselves without leaving any loopholes. Once he acts, I believe it will be swiftly and without remorse.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: January 17, 2012, 03:38:26 PM »
I think the point is that if Jack doesn't comply, he will be added as a defendant. The judge stated case law why that should not happen because of the defendents application, but then also stated how it can happen at the courts discretion. He also indicated that TTFF should have done this 5 years ago and intimated that he believed it hadn't been done because of a conflict of interest regarding the lawyers.

He has effectively ensured that should it be required, he could add Warner as a defendent and not allow Lalla and friends to defend all 3 parties.

I believe he's giving them enough rope to hang themselves without leaving any loopholes. Once he acts, I believe it will be swiftly and without remorse.

Listen fella, the judge playing smart with foolishness.  Everything you said there might well come to pass... who knows.  The fact of the matter is that the TTFF can't force Jack to produce nothing... just as Brownsugar say, Jack could easily tell dem "go aks yuh mudda."  In which case they'll return to court and relay that to the learned judge... and only then at his discretion he'll add him?  I'm curious to know what his rationale for NOT adding him was because if he can indeed add him at his discretion then none of the precedents yuh claim he cited (for not adding him) is controlling. 

The position you claim he took is inherently contradictory... either the precedents prevent him from adding Jack as a defendant ('a', not 'e'), or it is within his discretion to add him.  Anything else just adds another unnecessary layer of delay.  How long has this case been before Rampersad?  How long did it take him to decide he needed a proper accounting in the first place?  And how long he asking for it?  Bottom line is that Jack don't even need to be added as a defendant.  If a party has information critical to the court, then the court can subpoena him (or the documents) as necessary, without that person becoming a party to the matter.  If I see you shoot somebody you think I need to be charged as an accessory in order for them to get me in court to testify as to what I saw?  Of course not, they'll just serve my ass with a subpoena and I have to appear under penalty of law.

This is what should have been done with Jack a year ago... come and tell us what you know (and bring yuh accounts with yuh) or face a contempt charge.  Easy breezy.  But nah... every couple months he have allyuh running up in court like is company he like.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: January 17, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »
FS I hear you but how much more rope the TTFF need?   The judge ain't have enough for a hanging yet?  Sadly I fear there will be no execution. 

edit:  Bakes type his response at the same time.  So it seems enough rope laying around.   
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:42:18 PM by Preacher »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

truetrini

« Reply #1452 on: January 17, 2012, 03:44:03 PM »
I wouldn't say the article is poor or inept... just overwrought, as is his fashion.  Coulda do without the references to "The Guard" and Goebbels, they add nothing of substance and come across as Lasana knowledge dropping for the sake of.  But dai'z just me.

Aside from that:

The international press was no less pliable.

Yes, in a very narrow, technical sense, pliable fits.  Much better would be "pliant".  Pliable relates to a physical quality whereas pliant is used in the more figurative sense.

Justice Rampersad gave Warner a deadline of February 10 to provide an account of "all income, donations, gifts, grants or benefits whatsoever and all expenditure" arising from the Germany 2006 World Cup.

Yes I nitpicking admittedly, but that's the difference between good and mediocre writing, in my not so humble opinion.

Bakes yuh killing meh here.  lol

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 17, 2012, 05:23:36 PM »

[/quote]

yuh miss mih???..... ;)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: January 17, 2012, 05:40:53 PM »

Listen fella, the judge playing smart with foolishness.  Everything you said there might well come to pass... who knows.  The fact of the matter is that the TTFF can't force Jack to produce nothing... just as Brownsugar say, Jack could easily tell dem "go aks yuh mudda."  In which case they'll return to court and relay that to the learned judge... and only then at his discretion he'll add him?  I'm curious to know what his rationale for NOT adding him was because if he can indeed add him at his discretion then none of the precedents yuh claim he cited (for not adding him) is controlling. 

The position you claim he took is inherently contradictory... either the precedents prevent him from adding Jack as a defendant ('a', not 'e'), or it is within his discretion to add him.  Anything else just adds another unnecessary layer of delay.  How long has this case been before Rampersad?  How long did it take him to decide he needed a proper accounting in the first place?  And how long he asking for it?  Bottom line is that Jack don't even need to be added as a defendant.  If a party has information critical to the court, then the court can subpoena him (or the documents) as necessary, without that person becoming a party to the matter.  If I see you shoot somebody you think I need to be charged as an accessory in order for them to get me in court to testify as to what I saw?  Of course not, they'll just serve my ass with a subpoena and I have to appear under penalty of law. And you appear and say "I was looking the other way and saw nothing"

This is what should have been done with Jack a year ago... come and tell us what you know (and bring yuh accounts with yuh) or face a contempt charge.  Easy breezy.  But nah... every couple months he have allyuh running up in court like is company he like.

Well fella (this is nice to be friendly) I guess you're right. After all, if the judge tells Jack "yuh gotta talk" he'll just talk, right? Bakes, you really have to stop confusing the issue for the forumites. Say your piece by all means, but don't confuse facts.

The judges ruling said that because the claimants had requested Warner to be added as a defendant to provide an account and disclosure of documents, there is no need to add him as a defendant, as Warner swore in an affidavit that he was prepared to provide TTFF with the information.

So all TTFF have to do is ask. But they haven't provided proof that they have asked. So now they have been ordered to do so.

Warners lawyers stated that a party should not be added to a case purely for the purpose of discovery. The judge agreed with this. However, he also stated that "clearly this court may add a new party" and he gave the precedents.

The judges position is that Warners only bearing on the case in front of him at this time is one of discovery. Once Warner provides the correct accounts, the Judge can determine how much to award the players. It is not his concern that Warner has witheld funds from TTFF. That is their concern. Once the Judge can make his order for payment to TTFF, his job is done, unless TTFF do not comply. At that point he may take further action. However, should Warners evidence point to witholding of evidence, or collusion, then he may be added. 

Presumably the tactic is for Jack to say I had the money, but it was all spent on football development, the Judge to make an award against TTFF as they shouldn't have spent the players money, TTFF to declare bankruptcy and reform as FFTT and it all goes away.

The problem they all have, as far as I can see, is that if Warner declares the correct accounts, he also has to provide documentary evidence. If the judge is not satisfied, he could, as Bakes suggested, haul him into court to be questioned or added as a third defendant. Same if Warners accounts aren't satisfactory in the judges opinion.

Whatever the outcome, it appears that they will finally achieve one of two aims...either find out where the money went or see Jack Warner in court.

I'm not a legal guy like you Bakes, but if the judge just added Warner to save time, I'm sure Warners legal team would challenge and cite case law leaving the option of a ruling to be overturned on appeal. But if he follows a prescribed process that leaves no option but to add Warner to allow justice to be done, that appeal will be much harder to overturn, not so?

The fact of the matter is that the TTFF can't force Jack to produce nothing
This statement is totally incorrect from a legal standpoint and the judge actually refers to this and it is at this point the judge refers to collusion and conflict of interest. TTFF could have sued Warner 5 years ago to produce full audited accounts and return of their funds. They just didn't do it (for obvious reasons)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: January 17, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »

yuh miss mih???..... ;)
[/quote]

Of course....... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 17, 2012, 07:25:52 PM »

...guess  you may have overlooked this ....Joseph Goebbels, the Reich Minister of Propaganda in Nazi Germany, once remarked that: "the most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly—it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over." ...else you would have seen the brillance in yet another well written article.
...nah you could not have missed so obvious a statement followed by reinforcement .....you too good for dat !

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 17, 2012, 08:18:27 PM »

...guess  you may have overlooked this ....Joseph Goebbels, the Reich Minister of Propaganda in Nazi Germany, once remarked that: "the most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly—it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over." ...else you would have seen the brillance in yet another well written article.
...nah you could not have missed so obvious a statement followed by reinforcement .....you too good for dat !

Perhaps I may have erred in being tacit, as I saw not the need to delve into a redundant explanation of my post. This thought seemed accurate enough as posts that followed appeared to grasp what I was getting at.

If, by virtue of my apothegm, I 'overlooked' the 'brilliance' of Liburd's article, I neither offer apologies for my apparent oversight nor do I excuse your ignorance of the article's banality.

Again, Liburd offers nothing new. Just a regurgitation of repeated news sprinkled with the odd quotation. His eagerness to deride JW is inescapable in his writings....a flaw that the honest amongst us can easily afford entrance to their minds.

Unless you are only impressed by the quote attributed to Goebbels, your defence of Liburds article is poor at best and serves nothing more than as an annoyance to my facile temperament.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 17, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »

Perhaps I may have erred in being tacit, as I saw not the need to delve into a redundant explanation of my post. This thought seemed accurate enough as posts that followed appeared to grasp what I was getting at.

If, by virtue of my apothegm, I 'overlooked' the 'brilliance' of Liburd's article, I neither offer apologies for my apparent oversight nor do I excuse your ignorance of the article's banality.

Again, Liburd offers nothing new. Just a regurgitation of repeated news sprinkled with the odd quotation. His eagerness to deride JW is inescapable in his writings....a flaw that the honest amongst us can easily afford entrance to their minds.

Unless you are only impressed by the quote attributed to Goebbels, your defence of Liburds article is poor at best and serves nothing more than as an annoyance to my facile temperament.

You ever stop to think that the news seems repeated because of your involvement on this board and that one of these article may serve to educate, inform or update people not familiar with the ins and outs of the matter?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 17, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »

Two ah alyuh bounce up on the maxi stand or wha.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

truetrini

« Reply #1460 on: January 17, 2012, 11:00:02 PM »

What total assness.   "erred in being tacit?"    I really wish you would forever more be tacit on this board.

There is an old Hebrew apophthegm: "Learn to say I do not know."   Maybe you can learn from the Hebrews???

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 18, 2012, 05:16:58 AM »

[/quote]

You ever stop to think that the news seems repeated because of your involvement on this board and that one of these article may serve to educate, inform or update people not familiar with the ins and outs of the matter?
[/quote]

Those domiciled under boulders, or burdened by the sheer weight of ignorance would, at worst, be partially aware of JW and his capers. If my assumption that the vast majority of members and guests on this forum possess more than a vague comprehension or knowledge of the happenings is wrong, then I humbly apologise.

[/quote]

What total assness.   "erred in being tacit?"    I really wish you would forever more be tacit on this board.

There is an old Hebrew apophthegm: "Learn to say I do not know."   Maybe you can learn from the Hebrews???
[/quote]

There is also an old Jewish saying - 'Do not look for more honor than your learning merits'.
Learn from it.....you clearly lack the ability to convert my posts into substances that can fertilize your barren mind

truetrini

« Reply #1462 on: January 18, 2012, 06:48:18 AM »

There is also an old Jewish saying - 'Do not look for more honor than your learning merits'.
Learn from it.....you clearly lack the ability to convert my posts into substances that can fertilize your barren mind[/quote]

DIamondtrim, what you say is true, I refuse to use your flawed logic, your preconditioning to stick your head far up Jack's asshole  and especially becasue they use  :bs: as fertilizer.  You just leave my mind the way it is with your "fertilizer."
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:18:34 AM by truetrini »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 18, 2012, 08:26:30 AM »
When I see Jack Warner woking on a truck like this, ah go be real happy...

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 18, 2012, 09:40:09 AM »
And you appear and say "I was looking the other way and saw nothing"

Don't be an idiot.  Follow the analogy before you respond in some ridiculous way.  We all know that Jack knows what's going on.  We all know he has intimate knowledge as to how the money was spent.  I said in my hypothetical "If I SEE you...", there is no guess as to what you know.  If you want to appear in court and lie that's you.  If Jack want's to appear in court and lie and say he knows nothing about the money then let him.  To my larger point, at least you have him giving evidence in court, on the stand, where he can either tell the truth or perjure himself.  This is far better than the current circumstance where he and the court are engaged in this two-step from opposite sides of the room, pretending to not notice each other.  I never said anything about what evidence he would or wouldn't give... I said he should have been brought into court and made to give the evidence.

Well fella (this is nice to be friendly) I guess you're right. After all, if the judge tells Jack "yuh gotta talk" he'll just talk, right? Bakes, you really have to stop confusing the issue for the forumites. Say your piece by all means, but don't confuse facts.

Can you please point out for us where I am "confusing the issue for forumites"?  While you're at it, point out where I said that if the Judge tells Jack "yuh gotta talk" he'll just talk."  Please learn to read, preferably for comprehension, before you accuse me of confusing anything for anyone.

The judges ruling said that because the claimants had requested Warner to be added as a defendant to provide an account and disclosure of documents, there is no need to add him as a defendant, as Warner swore in an affidavit that he was prepared to provide TTFF with the information.

So, just because Jack signed an affidavit saying he was prepared to provide the information that means he shouldn't be joined to the suit?  Is this the brilliant legal strategy being employed by the players lawyers... or is this your compromised understanding of the process?  If you had any sense at all, or understood my beef with what Rampersad is doing, you'd see that this validates my point.  Since when does a judge sit idly by and wait for evidence from someone who "promises" to provide evidence... as opposed to sending a subpoena for him to come to court?  You want to pretend like you know what I'm talking about when it's clear that it has flown clear over your head.

So all TTFF have to do is ask. But they haven't provided proof that they have asked. So now they have been ordered to do so.

Warners lawyers stated that a party should not be added to a case purely for the purpose of discovery. The judge agreed with this. However, he also stated that "clearly this court may add a new party" and he gave the precedents.

The judges position is that Warners only bearing on the case in front of him at this time is one of discovery. Once Warner provides the correct accounts, the Judge can determine how much to award the players. It is not his concern that Warner has witheld funds from TTFF. That is their concern. Once the Judge can make his order for payment to TTFF, his job is done, unless TTFF do not comply. At that point he may take further action. However, should Warners evidence point to witholding of evidence, or collusion, then he may be added.

And clearly the players attorneys are happy with this ruling.  This is no different from the Ish and Steve rulings... using technicalities to stall, delay and give the advantage to those who least need it.  First of all, Warner should have been sued by the players directly, not indirectly thru the TTFF.  Just as they sued Camps... who made no promise to them.  Secondly, even if Warner's sole purpose is discovery, in light of the frequent delays cause to the plaintiffs by the actions of the defendants, with whom Warner has an agency relationship, the plaintiffs should have petitioned the judge to have Warner subpoenaed.  I stated as much 6 months ago.  Had he been subpoenaed he would have been in court by now.  Instead we have yet another delay, more time given to the TTFF... not even to Warner himself, to get the information, and commence another game of ring around the rosie.  Yet you accuse me of "confusing things"?  GTFOHWTBS

I'm not a legal guy like you Bakes, but if the judge just added Warner to save time, I'm sure Warners legal team would challenge and cite case law leaving the option of a ruling to be overturned on appeal. But if he follows a prescribed process that leaves no option but to add Warner to allow justice to be done, that appeal will be much harder to overturn, not so?

Again... pay attention to what was stated.  IF it is INDEED within the judge's discretion to add Warner as a defendant then does that NOT imply that adding him would be proper?  That being the case, what's with the "prescribed process" nonsense?  There is already a prescribed process... the judge can add him at his discretion.  That in of itself presents no ground for appeal.

This statement is totally incorrect from a legal standpoint and the judge actually refers to this and it is at this point the judge refers to collusion and conflict of interest. TTFF could have sued Warner 5 years ago to produce full audited accounts and return of their funds. They just didn't do it (for obvious reasons)

I'm sorry... and exactly what is your legal expertise?  Remind me again, since I clearly missed it the first time.  If you don't understand something that is said then ask a question like anyone else before you presume to tell me that what I'm saying is wrong (or "misinforming" for that matter) when clearly I know a great deal more about what I'm saying than you do.  I haven't been wrong about a single thing where this case is concerned, beginning with when I predicted (long before your arrival on this forum) that the players would prevail for breach of contract when others saying they had nothing because it wasn't in writing.

Under this current order to the TTFF the TTFF cannot... CANNOT, force Jack to produce anything.  Of course they can sue him separate from this current action.  No one is talking about any such collateral matters... at least have a sense of understanding as to what my statement pertains before you presume, with your limited understanding, to tell me that I'm wrong.  I have no problem being proven wrong... but at least understand what yuh talking about.  The current order is to the TTFF to have Jack produce the information.  How is the TTFF supposed to force Jack to disclose this information if he tells them to make a turn and... you know the rest.  How?  Since you clearly know better than I do, what legal mechanism is available to the TTFF to have them force Jack to comply?  What penalty/disincentive is there to him should he not cooperate?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: January 18, 2012, 01:39:14 PM »
And you appear and say "I was looking the other way and saw nothing"

Don't be an idiot.  Follow the analogy before you respond in some ridiculous way.  We all know that Jack knows what's going on.  We all know he has intimate knowledge as to how the money was spent.  I said in my hypothetical "If I SEE you...", there is no guess as to what you know.  If you want to appear in court and lie that's you.  If Jack want's to appear in court and lie and say he knows nothing about the money then let him.  To my larger point, at least you have him giving evidence in court, on the stand, where he can either tell the truth or perjure himself.  This is far better than the current circumstance where he and the court are engaged in this two-step from opposite sides of the room, pretending to not notice each other.  I never said anything about what evidence he would or wouldn't give... I said he should have been brought into court and made to give the evidence.

Can you please point out for us where I am "confusing the issue for forumites"?  While you're at it, point out where I said that if the Judge tells Jack "yuh gotta talk" he'll just talk."  Please learn to read, preferably for comprehension, before you accuse me of confusing anything for anyone.

So, just because Jack signed an affidavit saying he was prepared to provide the information that means he shouldn't be joined to the suit?  Is this the brilliant legal strategy being employed by the players lawyers... or is this your compromised understanding of the process?  If you had any sense at all, or understood my beef with what Rampersad is doing, you'd see that this validates my point.  Since when does a judge sit idly by and wait for evidence from someone who "promises" to provide evidence... as opposed to sending a subpoena for him to come to court?  You want to pretend like you know what I'm talking about when it's clear that it has flown clear over your head.

And clearly the players attorneys are happy with this ruling.  This is no different from the Ish and Steve rulings... using technicalities to stall, delay and give the advantage to those who least need it.  First of all, Warner should have been sued by the players directly, not indirectly thru the TTFF.  Just as they sued Camps... who made no promise to them.  Secondly, even if Warner's sole purpose is discovery, in light of the frequent delays cause to the plaintiffs by the actions of the defendants, with whom Warner has an agency relationship, the plaintiffs should have petitioned the judge to have Warner subpoenaed.  I stated as much 6 months ago.  Had he been subpoenaed he would have been in court by now.  Instead we have yet another delay, more time given to the TTFF... not even to Warner himself, to get the information, and commence another game of ring around the rosie.  Yet you accuse me of "confusing things"?  GTFOHWTBS

Again... pay attention to what was stated.  IF it is INDEED within the judge's discretion to add Warner as a defendant then does that NOT imply that adding him would be proper?  That being the case, what's with the "prescribed process" nonsense?  There is already a prescribed process... the judge can add him at his discretion.  That in of itself presents no ground for appeal.

I'm sorry... and exactly what is your legal expertise?  Remind me again, since I clearly missed it the first time.  If you don't understand something that is said then ask a question like anyone else before you presume to tell me that what I'm saying is wrong (or "misinforming" for that matter) when clearly I know a great deal more about what I'm saying than you do.  I haven't been wrong about a single thing where this case is concerned, beginning with when I predicted (long before your arrival on this forum) that the players would prevail for breach of contract when others saying they had nothing because it wasn't in writing.

Under this current order to the TTFF the TTFF cannot... CANNOT, force Jack to produce anything.  Of course they can sue him separate from this current action.  No one is talking about any such collateral matters... at least have a sense of understanding as to what my statement pertains before you presume, with your limited understanding, to tell me that I'm wrong.  I have no problem being proven wrong... but at least understand what yuh talking about.  The current order is to the TTFF to have Jack produce the information.  How is the TTFF supposed to force Jack to disclose this information if he tells them to make a turn and... you know the rest.  How?  Since you clearly know better than I do, what legal mechanism is available to the TTFF to have them force Jack to comply?  What penalty/disincentive is there to him should he not cooperate?

:yawning: Whatever.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Warner says he got World Cup TV Rights for $1
« Reply #1466 on: January 28, 2012, 06:35:50 PM »
When Blatter gave Warner $20m World Cup TV rights
By Andrew Jennings

This is the letter FIFA doesn’t want you to read. Written by general secretary Jérôme Valke (left), it reveals that Blatter bypassed FIFA’s committees to hand Warner a $20 million gift. [More]

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Judge orders Warner: Show me the money!
« Reply #1467 on: February 08, 2012, 02:25:39 PM »
They are back in court on Friday. Another delay should confirm that this judge is a joke at best. I have never heard of a baliffs confisticating assests by the truckload WHILE a trial is still taking place.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

truetrini

« Reply #1468 on: February 08, 2012, 02:31:02 PM »
Guys, remember today.

Jack owns the T&T law.

Anand Ramlogan, Justice Rampersad or who ever it could be, Jack will walk free, he always does.

This is a big game and who can play it the best wins.

Everyone have a price.

And one cannot expect a bunch of broke men to stop a trillionaire, they may get some chicken feed, but that's about it.

Look at what happened to every single of those 16 Warriors after the case, they all went down !!!! even Jones is struggling now and still may have a chance, but the rest went down. Hislop got a break because he is a Opportunist. But the rest of them want hand outs.

Lieburd is another struggling jornalist who was muzzle for a while, now he is back at it again.

Anyone test Jack goes down.

Jack will raise again. !!!!

And you are so proud of that!!!

Obviously Deeks. Little Jack Horner sits in Jack's corner.

More like Little Jack Horner sitting on Jack's Boner!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: February 08, 2012, 03:21:22 PM »
They are back in court on Friday. Another delay should confirm that this judge is a joke at best. I have never heard of a baliffs confisticating assests by the truckload WHILE a trial is still taking place.

Zando, the court ordered an interim payment be made by a certain date and that did not happen.  The only option left was to levy on the assets of the TTFF......the players didn't have to wait till the trial is over. 
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

1]; } ?>