April 27, 2024, 05:04:29 PM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 427855 times)

truetrini

Re: Kamla says no to Jack investigation
« Reply #1560 on: February 18, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »
while Kamla and Faud do have a point, the man should be asked to resign until such time as he clears his name.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 18, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »
while Kamla and Faud do have a point, the man should be asked to resign until such time as he clears his name.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  That's funny
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

truetrini

« Reply #1562 on: February 18, 2012, 04:42:37 PM »

yuh know what ah meant.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 18, 2012, 04:47:32 PM »

yuh know what ah meant.

Yeah ah know but it just too funny to imagine.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: February 18, 2012, 04:52:24 PM »
Fuad say the court case with the private civil matter......never mind it involves public funds.......aye these people good yes......

But I understand yuh know.......ah mean after all a detailed audit just might see the trail leading to Ross Advertising and any organisations/persons linked with the UNC election campaigns........

But the longest rope have an end........Kamla could run all she want but she cyar hide.....

Sugar, you hit the nail right on. I think they fear the Haitian money could be traced to the election. But why nothing from COP or PNM about this?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 18, 2012, 05:14:33 PM »
But why nothing from COP or PNM about this?

Dread the PNM rel stickin
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: February 18, 2012, 05:17:22 PM »
But why nothing from COP or PNM about this?

Dread the PNM rel stickin
It would appear so.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 18, 2012, 05:46:09 PM »
Don't worry about the PNM...things are in the works...you don't rush out and make statements without first conceiving a plan and you especially don't do it during carnival season. Remember Rowley was the one who drew jack's ire when he said that jack can't have two masters FiFA and the pp.
Also, if they are to make pronouncements then it would be along the lines of the ethical considerations of sitting MP's and what rules of law apply to them and then show cause as to how jack has violated these laws.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 18, 2012, 08:07:16 PM »
I have a funny feeling that if and when Jack goes down,the current administration will follow
Just follow the money....

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #1569 on: February 18, 2012, 10:31:37 PM »
It is allege, Jacko the bandit invested some of his millions in the PP party in the  last election ,the reason they cannot fire him, it is allege he have files on all of them .

The Wackyo will not leave until he get back the money it is allege he invested ,and whenever Jack leaves he will crush that party to bits , he is a verry wicked and cruel  man he is a Tasmanian devil   
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1570 on: February 19, 2012, 07:19:42 AM »
Jack, Kamla and Erasmus
By Lincoln Myers (wired868).

Erasmus' 400-years-old essay "The Praise of Folly" offers us quite an interesting vantage point from which to view the overall performance of the Kamla Persad-Bissessar administration to date.

But for the moment, I wish only to bring to public notice, a short passage from this work that I believe will help us understand the essential quality of the relationship between the PM and her Minister of Works, Mr. Jack Warner and what appears as her inexplicable refusal to act against him even as very serious allegations of corruption are made against him locally and internationally and he defies judicial authorities.

The passage speaks loudly to both parties and all us, prompting the question: Is Jack Warner to PM Persad Bissessar what Calder Hart was to PM Patrick Manning? Or further, can we ever escape the apparent absurdity practised by both prime ministers, one following the other without the last election even providing a break in the rhythm?

Speaking as Folly, and on folly, Erasmus explores the nature of the friendship that Warner has and Hart had with their respective bosses. It's a voice the PM would do well to pay heed to, assuming of course that she can.

Read More
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: February 19, 2012, 08:31:24 AM »
You know how embarrassing it is to hear that Jack Warner serves as Acting Prime Minister when Kamla is out of the country?

T&T could be real shameful oui. To sit idly by and permit this is absolute madness.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 19, 2012, 10:40:19 AM »
Again I will say it: Jack bankrolled Kamla's run for PM, she then turns around and hands him the easiest ministry in which funds can be laundered. This is nothing but an asian politricks model (indian provincial politics to be specific). When it comes to managerial and executive brain power, Kamla is simply a dunce! The Economist Mag. has called her out twice on her stance in curbing crime for a small/somewhat semi-self governing state capitalistic country. Since lacking executive skills she has to turn to the one man who has had some semblance of this, and yes that is JACK, after all he was a FIFA's VP. Jack knows that the base of the UNC will never vote for him as leader, and Kamla knows she lacks the ability to be an effective leader. It's easy to see the way Jack has led the TTFF, is the same way in which he as choreographed for Kamla to administrate TnT. Kamla needs jack or she will be exposed for the fool she really is... there is no way she will leave Jack out to dry.

(yes for the all the kamla supporters, deal with it... that woman is an embarrassment to TnT's leadership. I know there are a few Trini Aussies in Perth, please post the interviews she did, she was horrible (like a deer in headlights)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 10:43:24 AM by Daft Trini »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: February 19, 2012, 07:13:43 PM »
I have a funny feeling that if and when Jack goes down,the current administration will follow
Just follow the money....

U TINK
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: February 19, 2012, 07:14:50 PM »
You know how embarrassing it is to hear that Jack Warner serves as Acting Prime Minister when Kamla is out of the country?

T&T could be real shameful oui. To sit idly by and permit this is absolute madness.

People rite hear vote 4 d PP and dey know he is a capital K crook. So doh study it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: February 19, 2012, 07:31:43 PM »
Again I will say it: Jack bankrolled Kamla's run for PM, she then turns around and hands him the easiest ministry in which funds can be laundered. This is nothing but an asian politricks model (indian provincial politics to be specific). When it comes to managerial and executive brain power, Kamla is simply a dunce! The Economist Mag. has called her out twice on her stance in curbing crime for a small/somewhat semi-self governing state capitalistic country. Since lacking executive skills she has to turn to the one man who has had some semblance of this, and yes that is JACK, after all he was a FIFA's VP. Jack knows that the base of the UNC will never vote for him as leader, and Kamla knows she lacks the ability to be an effective leader. It's easy to see the way Jack has led the TTFF, is the same way in which he as choreographed for Kamla to administrate TnT. Kamla needs jack or she will be exposed for the fool she really is... there is no way she will leave Jack out to dry.

(yes for the all the kamla supporters, deal with it... that woman is an embarrassment to TnT's leadership. I know there are a few Trini Aussies in Perth, please post the interviews she did, she was horrible (like a deer in headlights)

so what then of d rumours dat it have ah group a unc ministers singin in she ears to let him go and word is dat lobby have some sway
I pity the fool....

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: February 19, 2012, 09:21:30 PM »
kamla can't investigate she own boss

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: February 20, 2012, 03:29:40 PM »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: February 20, 2012, 03:58:36 PM »

People rite hear vote 4 d PP and dey know he is a capital K crook. So doh study it.

oh gorm do rub it een nah.....it was an act of desperation........ :)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: February 20, 2012, 06:58:51 PM »
Unless he did something while in office, I don't expect Kamla to investigate anything.

Misbehavior, whether while in office or not is grounds for resignation/removal... unless is kicks you on.  Need we even be reminded of the fact that this is criminal behavior (embezzlement) we're talking about?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: February 20, 2012, 07:38:53 PM »

oh gorm do rub it een nah.....it was an act of desperation........ :)

Nah d Project Mger on he worse day could neva make me vote PP

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: February 20, 2012, 08:35:10 PM »
Nah d Project Mger on he worse day could neva make me vote PP

ah bandwagon of do nothings, racists, opportunist and crooks
I pity the fool....

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: February 20, 2012, 08:48:15 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2012-02-20/allegations-against-warner-tarnishing-tt%E2%80%99s-reputation

A bit of a mishmash of messages but the gist I got was that anyone in or from T&T wishing to see Jack brought to justice risks getting tainted by having our dirty laundry aired in public. If so, this is the type of hand wringing that will cause the country to never get from under the influence of people like Warner.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: February 20, 2012, 09:56:51 PM »
I read the article by Brian Lewis and I am trying to figure out why he castigating some of us for having a "vendetta" against the special advisor. I just read a post on the guardian or express where a writer asked Brian Lewis if Jack was a member of the TT Olimpic committee would they have allowed him to do the same thing as he did in football. I can't asnwer for them, but that would be highly unlikely. Brian Lewis must be breathing a sigh of relief that Jack was not a member of the Olimpic body.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: February 20, 2012, 10:55:09 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2012-02-20/allegations-against-warner-tarnishing-tt%E2%80%99s-reputation

A bit of a mishmash of messages but the gist I got was that anyone in or from T&T wishing to see Jack brought to justice risks getting tainted by having our dirty laundry aired in public. If so, this is the type of hand wringing that will cause the country to never get from under the influence of people like Warner.

This is what Mr. Brian Lewis had to say after the loss to Guyana.... 

Assigning culpability and sacrificing the reputation and hard work of long serving officials on either side of the divide to progress one’s own agenda and ambitions will never solve the problems faced by local football.

I'm not sure which divide he is referring to, but you either in the establishment or you are a powerless outsider. This fella is prone to talking out his arse. In his writings he has blamed the state of football on Wim Rjisberg, the players, the clubs. Everybody except Jack and the TTFF. Now that the snake has been defanged he playing man and throwing ole talk about personal responsibility. Somebody show me one single article where Lewis ever exercised that personal responsibility so dear to his heart to publicly reprimanded the TTFF for its shortcomings.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: February 20, 2012, 11:47:38 PM »
The recent articles from Lewis suggests that he comes from the David Muhammed, Jamal Shabazz branch of the T&T sports tree of life. I'm tired of hearing that crew raise the issue of race when, as the Haitian aid allegations show, Warner cares about black folks only when it serves his purpose and aims. The landscape of emerging sports administrative talent is frightingly bare.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: February 21, 2012, 08:24:15 PM »
The recent articles from Lewis suggests that he comes from the David Muhammed, Jamal Shabazz branch of the T&T sports tree of life. I'm tired of hearing that crew raise the issue of race when, as the Haitian aid allegations show, Warner cares about black folks only when it serves his purpose and aims. The landscape of emerging sports administrative talent is frightingly bare.

ENTTTT

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Wired868 responds to ex-FIFA VP’s legal threat.
« Reply #1587 on: February 26, 2012, 02:26:09 PM »
Wired868 responds to ex-FIFA VP’s legal threat.
By: Lasana Liburd (wired868).

Warner’s questionable suit

Minister of Works and Infrastructure and ex-FIFA Vice President Jack Warner sent a pre-action protocol letter to me—the Wired868.com editor and publisher—on Friday through his attorney Om Lalla.

The legal document, which claimed defamation and libel, was published on the website of State-owned television station, CTV, and re-published on Facebook and several forums before it was even in my possession.

However, there was some confusion among readers as Lalla’s initial letter quoted the Trinidad Express Newspaper as the publisher of the offending article. A subsequent document was dispatched in care of the TnT Mirror Newspaper.

And, even when Lalla finally got the message to the right person via email, there was no mention of Wired868.

There are two immediate points about Warner’s claim that the article—entitled “Warner named in Haitian aid scandal” and published on 12 February 2012—caused him “serious distress and embarrassment” which seem to be undermined here.

In defamation suits, the intention tends to be to block the reproduction of a harmful statement. But, in this case, Warner himself ensured that the supposedly distressing allegations would be rebroadcast by having the letter sent to CTV.

This decision by Warner was especially ironic as the United National Congress (UNC) chairman initially threatened to sue Twitter users for re-tweeting less than ten words from the article yet went on to quote entire paragraphs to the press.

Secondly, Warner's letter quoted three sources of information for the article, which suggested that $4.4 million (US$690,000) from $4.76 million (US$750,000) in emergency aid for Haiti remained unaccounted for.

Warner, through his lawyer, named the UK Sunday Times, FIFA and Federation of Haitian Football (FHF) President Dr Yves Jean-Bart as the originators of a story that was described as "false, malicious and misleading and calculated to damage our client's reputation."

Wired868, after discussions with its attorney, believes that if Warner was as distressed as he claimed he might not have encouraged the offending segments to be re-published. If he was indeed serious about salvaging his reputation, Warner might have also demanded an apology from the UK Sunday Times, FIFA and the FHF who clearly initiated the story.

And, if Lalla treated his client's suit with the gravity suggested by the impending suit, one might expect that he would try to determine exactly who published the article before penning a letter and sending it to several bemused news rooms.

Lalla insisted that Warner be given a "full and unequivocal public retraction... and an apology" which must be published "in both the print and electronic media."

Read More:

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Wired868 responds to ex-FIFA VP’s legal threat.
« Reply #1588 on: February 26, 2012, 03:03:43 PM »
Hit them hard Lasana.

These fools think you will run and hide like de T&T Express, Guardian and Newsday.

This clown Warner going down slowly but surely. And Oma Lalla ass in trouble soon.

Kamal days numbered to.

Next thing Warner go try and sue Karene Asche.

PS: Ah wonder why Andrew Jennings never sue Warner for hitting him ?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:06:55 PM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wired868 responds to ex-FIFA VP’s legal threat.
« Reply #1589 on: February 26, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »
Well, its clear to me whats going on here....Warner and this Liburd character are clearly in cohoots. I'm guessing Warner, and maybe even Lalla, invested heavily in this online newspaper. You watch, next week, Warner will reveal the proof that he paid money to Haiti and drop the libel charge. This is just a clever way of launching Wired 868 and bumping up the circulation.

Otherwise, why else would Warner sue Liburd? After all, the story was first printed in the Times in UK, a very prestigeous paper. Millions of people would have read it and countless other publications worldwide would repeat the story, as did Wired 868. So if you feel wronged, why wouldn't you sue the author and your apology would be seen globally? Instead only the several thousand Wired 868 readers will see it and  the rest of the world will still assume the worst?

Nah, this is a scam to build readership...it must be. If Warner has the proof he sent the money, he would have released it by now. And it would only take Lalla 10 minutes to locate Liburds address. So they must be acting to promote Wired 868. The only other explanaintion is that Warner and Lalla are totally inept clowns, and that certainly can't be case. Can it?

DIRECTOR!

1]; } ?>