April 23, 2024, 05:05:20 AM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 426487 times)

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ashford Jackman speculates on the post-Warner scenario
« Reply #1650 on: April 12, 2012, 07:23:32 AM »
Excellent read

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ashford Jackman speculates on the post-Warner scenario
« Reply #1651 on: April 12, 2012, 08:12:26 AM »
Ditto, good piece

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Re: Warner and TTFF win more time in High Court
« Reply #1652 on: May 02, 2012, 05:51:56 AM »
So tomorrow is suppose to be Mayday. So, what's up Judge Rampersad?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 02, 2012, 07:09:35 AM »

Think is a mistake by the reporter should 3rd June
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: May 02, 2012, 09:16:10 AM »

Yep it is 2mor
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: May 02, 2012, 06:04:13 PM »
Watchin' very closely.
Piece ah nasty duttiness.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: May 03, 2012, 06:28:37 AM »

Yep it is 2mor

Think this may have been postponed for a week or two.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Groden, Camps served for contempt…Warner’s lawyers keep close watch
« Reply #1657 on: May 03, 2012, 12:19:07 PM »
Groden, Camps served for contempt…Warner’s lawyers keep close watch
By Lasana Liburd (wired868)

Richard Groden and Oliver Camps, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) general secretary and former president respectively, have been served for contempt of court and must respond in writing to the Port of High Spain High Court by 31 May 2012.

Legal representatives for the 13 aggrieved 2006 World Cup players filed an application for contempt proceedings against Camps, Groden and the TTFF at the High Court this morning.

The contempt charge is due to the TTFF’s failure to file suit against its former agent and Minister of Works and Infrastructure, Jack Warner, who negotiated its World Cup bonus agreement with the “Soca Warriors” and also banked all revenue related to the FIFA tournament.

The TTFF has repeatedly insisted only Warner knows how much World Cup revenue was raised by Trinidad and Tobago’s qualification for the showcase tournament in Germany and that Warner refuses to hand over the necessary accounting statements.

However, after High Court Judge Devindra Rampersad gave the TTFF an April 3 deadline to sue Warner, the football body claimed, on 4 April 2012, that it had not done so for fear that a suit may leave them vulnerable to its former special advisor who threatened to counter-sue.

The TTFF’s explanation failed to win the sympathy of the Warriors.

READ MORE...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Groden, Camps served for contempt…Warner’s lawyers keep close watch
« Reply #1658 on: May 03, 2012, 01:01:20 PM »
A football federation that DOESN'T know how much money they have and how much was raised during the WC campaign.

And they want to keep their jobs.

I can only shake my head. What do we have to do to get rid of these people. :frustrated: :frustrated: ::) ::) :banginghead: :banginghead:

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: May 03, 2012, 02:14:54 PM »
I cyah believe Groden and Camps go take de fall for Warner  :bs: dem is real imps

cue JH

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: May 03, 2012, 07:56:03 PM »
Hang them high Warriors.

I just hope that not only Groden and Camps pay, but Jack to.

And I want to see jail time.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: May 03, 2012, 11:15:15 PM »
IT COMTEMPTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: May 04, 2012, 03:59:56 AM »

:rotfl:

OK.  So time for another lesson in court proceedings.  I thought that filing a contempt of court charge meant that they would find dey tail in jail like the same day.  So what's this "they have until May 31st to respond" all about??

Also, I thought I read somewhere in one of these many threads on the topic that the players still had the option to sue Jack themselves??   ???  :-\

And what dem players waiting on to take Camps's house and car and pay cheque??  Camps and Groden good yes.  What a bunch of cowards.  And we wonder why the place in mess......with these people as "leaders" what dey leave the rest ah we to do??......

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: May 04, 2012, 10:58:12 AM »

:rotfl:

OK.  So time for another lesson in court proceedings.  I thought that filing a contempt of court charge meant that they would find dey tail in jail like the same day.  So what's this "they have until May 31st to respond" all about??

Also, I thought I read somewhere in one of these many threads on the topic that the players still had the option to sue Jack themselves??   ???  :-\

And what dem players waiting on to take Camps's house and car and pay cheque??  Camps and Groden good yes.  What a bunch of cowards.  And we wonder why the place in mess......with these people as "leaders" what dey leave the rest ah we to do??......

My sentiments exactly
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #1664 on: May 04, 2012, 11:36:32 PM »
King Corbeau Jack, protected by the Red, White and the Black.

The epitome of innocent until proven guilty.

Not even a opposition leader that calls himself a doctor, who is willing to take a high and mighty
woman prime minister to the integrity commission for, allegedly, wrongfully spending more than three quarters of a million dollars of so called, taxpayers funds, on a family member, thinks about taking the king corbeau to the same so called integrity commission to answer questions about the disappearance of $180 million dollars, and then some, of the same taxpayers funds, that he is so concerned about. If that is not Jack looking like the corbeau black, then I don't know what is.

Something is wrong with the country. Less you don't know, the people make the country, then it is safe to say that something is wrong with the educational and intellectual level of the people of the country. Where is the fight, where is the protest, to take back our communities from the criminals that institutionalize the law abiding citizens of our nation in their own homes. This lack of initiative is apparently obvious in our inability to shepherd a unity that gives birth to positive movement for change that is geared towards the platform that the current administration talked about.

I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1665 on: May 05, 2012, 05:05:02 PM »
I was informed from a close source that the players are beefing up their legal team some more with some English QC's to add to their current set of lawyers to give them the best possible chance to put certain officials behind bars.. The players are determined to see certain officials pay a heavy price for not paying their entitlement and accounting for tax payers money.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: May 05, 2012, 05:16:21 PM »
I was informed from a close source that the players are beefing up their legal team some more with some English QC's to add to their current set of lawyers to give them the best possible chance to put certain officials behind bars.. The players are determined to see certain officials pay a heavy price for not paying their entitlement and accounting for tax payers money.

Yuh mean the current lawyers not doing a good enough job??  Nah... I find dat hard to believe.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: May 06, 2012, 05:50:12 PM »

Well something needs to be done if we as a people (nation) are to ever be taken seriously. I wonder if much of the inaction (seeming indifference) we tend to see in the T&T public, derives from their belief that they will get no where if they try. Wais de point? Jack go jes buy off de Judge . . .da, da, da

Anyway, hats off the Sancho and dem
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: May 06, 2012, 07:18:48 PM »
If yuh want to undastan' dah mentality of "Fellahs, yuh wastin' yuh time, Jackula (my breds) is untouchable. Sancho & dem is a bunch of jokers who trying to cause disunity in T&T and rock de boat dat have my good friends on it", then just ask Coops'. He can fully explain why Cocorite's concern of "something needs to be done if we as a people ..." is a concept leading to an exercise in futility .... according to his logic.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: May 07, 2012, 08:49:26 AM »
A football federation that DOESN'T know how much money they have and how much was raised during the WC campaign.

And they want to keep their jobs.

I can only shake my head. What do we have to do to get rid of these people. :frustrated: :frustrated: ::) ::) :banginghead: :banginghead:

VB

you did they are now running the government...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFF still at Warner’s financial mercy.
« Reply #1670 on: May 08, 2012, 05:49:44 AM »
TTFF still at Warner’s financial mercy.
By: Lasana Liburd (wired868).

The Integrity Commission, chaired by former media magnate Ken Gordon, might offer the best chance of halting the machinations of Minister of Works and Infrastructure and ex-FIFA vice president, Jack Warner.

Wired868.com, through local civic-minded groups Fixin' TT and the Transparency Institute, sent copies of an affidavit from Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) general secretary Richard Groden, which accused Warner of collecting bribe money from disgraced ex-Asian Football Confederation (AFC) president Mohamed Bin Hammam in his ministerial office and fraudulently representing the TTFF in FIFA matters.

If Groden felt, at the time, that Warner's days in public officers were numbered, he was mistaken.

Warner dusted off several scandals since his departure from FIFA last year in the wake of a bribery scandal and was recently re-elected chairman of the United National Congress (UNC)—the dominant political party of the ruling People's Partnership coalition government.

The former TTFF Special Advisor left the football body virtually bankrupt and a leaked letter to Wired868 suggests Warner also tried to manipulate State funds, just two weeks ago, to bully the cash-strapped Federation.

Read More

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF still at Warner’s financial mercy.
« Reply #1671 on: May 08, 2012, 03:09:40 PM »
good fuh we
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF still at Warner’s financial mercy.
« Reply #1672 on: May 09, 2012, 10:45:35 AM »
good fuh we

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Re: Jack Warner on I95.5 fm right now....
« Reply #1673 on: May 10, 2012, 05:22:27 PM »
Gary Hunte and LASANA ON I95FM right now
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
DPP clears Jack of CFU bribery charges.
« Reply #1674 on: May 29, 2012, 04:28:05 AM »
DPP clears Jack of CFU bribery charges.
By Richard Lord (Guardian).

Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Roger Gaspard has ordered the termination of investigations into an alleged bribery scandal involving Works Minister Jack Warner in his former capacity as president of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) during a meeting at the Hyatt Regency, Port-of-Spain, on May 10-11, 2011.

The DPP’s ruling was conveyed in a letter from the Police Service Commission (PSC), dated May 7, to the Leader of the Opposition Dr Keith Rowley. He had written to the PSC last year requesting the matter be investigated by the police.

In his first public comment on the matter yesterday, Warner told the T&T Guardian: “I guess that will make Fixin’ T&T and all my other detractors, including, Opposition MP Fitzgerald Hinds, very unhappy indeed.”

Warner said the entire allegation was part of “a deliberate campaign designed to demonise me by those who were opposed to me.” He said he won’t be distracted from his objective to serve the people of T&T as minister.

Warner then said he was very thankful to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar “for having kept the faith in me.” Rowley was among those who publicly called for a police investigation into the allegation last year.

Under the caption: Bribery Allegations against Mr Jack Austin Warner and others at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, Wrightson Road, Port-of-Spain, on or about 10th and 11th May 2011, the letter stated in part: “The Commissioner of Police informed that the matter was investigated by the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service and “on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions, no further can be taken in this matter.”

The letter was signed by Mrs A M Andrews, who is the secretary of the PSC, on behalf of the Director of Personnel Administration.

The letter also confirmed that the PSC received a response, by letter dated March 21, 2012 from the Commissioner of Police, on the said police investigations. The PSC said it received the letter on April 12, 2012.

A secret report by FIFA’s Ethics Committee, which was published in Emgland’s Daily Telegraph, said there was “comprehensive, convincing and overwhelming evidence” to support claims that Warner and former FIFA executive Mohamed Bin Hammam colluded to pay bribes to football officials in the Caribbean for their votes in the then upcoming FIFA presidential elections.

It was alleged that the bribes took place at the CFU meeting when delegates from 25 countries were offered US$40,000 each in cash to vote for Bin Hammam, who was challenging incumbent FIFA president Sepp Blatter for the top job.

Warner and Bin Hammam were suspended from FIFA pending the completion of the scheduled hearing of the Ethics Committee. Warner subsequently resigned and his charges were dropped while Bin Hammam was found guilty and banned for life from FIFA.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: DPP clears Jack of CFU bribery charges.
« Reply #1675 on: May 29, 2012, 06:21:20 AM »
I coulda swear I see a video where he tell everybody to take the money. He even make sure and ask if any journalists were in the room.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: May 29, 2012, 06:35:46 AM »
And didn't some of his assistants testify they took some of the money back and he put it in his draw in his constituency office? And didn't Groden testify that Camps asked him to tell lies to FIFA about the bribes?

I guess there was not enough political will to aggressively investigate thouroughly.   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: May 29, 2012, 08:01:52 AM »
And didn't some of his assistants testify they took some of the money back and he put it in his draw in his constituency office? And didn't Groden testify that Camps asked him to tell lies to FIFA about the bribes?

I guess there was not enough political will to aggressively investigate thouroughly.   

Some ah allyuh need to pay closer attention:

“The Commissioner of Police informed that the matter was investigated by the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service and “on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions, no further can be taken in this matter.”

I don't pretend to speak for Gaspard, but note he never said that bribery never occurred.  As I have been stating all along, Jack committed no crime (assuming he did distribute the cash for votes)... this activity took place in his private role as a FIFA/football executive.  He would have had to pay or accept the bribe in some matter related to the performance of his role as a public official for there to be a crime.   What he did might be unethical, but it is not illegal. So all this shit talk about "political will to investigate" is just that.  I'm not at all surprised by any of this.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:03:41 AM by Bakes »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: May 29, 2012, 08:09:26 AM »

Some ah allyuh need to pay closer attention:

“The Commissioner of Police informed that the matter was investigated by the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service and “on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions, no further can be taken in this matter.”

I don't pretend to speak for Gaspard, but note he never said that bribery never occurred.  As I have been stating all along, Jack committed no crime (assuming he did distribute the cash for votes)... this activity took place in his private role as a FIFA/football executive.  He would have had to pay or accept the bribe in some matter related to the performance of his role as a public official for there to be a crime.   What he did might be unethical, but it is not illegal. So all this shit talk about "political will to investigate" is just that.  I'm not at all surprised by any of this.

I guess, as you have said before, there's a big gulf between dodgy and illegal! Very frustrating, and of course, it doesn't mean there was no evidence, just not enough to warrant public spending with a slim chance of conviction.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: May 29, 2012, 08:45:31 AM »
I coulda swear I see a video where he tell everybody to take the money. He even make sure and ask if any journalists were in the room.

VB

and who playing pious could go and open a church
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>