July 12, 2024, 05:31:35 PM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 443115 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: DPP clears Jack of CFU bribery charges.
« Reply #1680 on: May 29, 2012, 09:16:23 AM »
*steuuups*

I goin an start printin up some 'jack will raise again' t-shirts oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 29, 2012, 09:32:43 AM »
*steuuups*

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 29, 2012, 09:41:03 AM »
*steuuups*

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

nice one, and yuh already know who buying one first 

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #1683 on: May 29, 2012, 10:12:07 AM »
What is bribery?

In some countries it is considered a criminal act and in other countries it is considered legal. The forms that bribery take are too numerous to mention, but in most cases if not all, the briber holds a powerful role and controls the transacion.

According to the Criminal Law Convention on Corruption of the Council of Europe, bribery can be considered as:

(I) the promising, offering, requesting, receiving, or giving by any person, directly or indirectly, of any undue advantage (to any public official or by any public official) for himself, or herself, or for anyone else, or the acceptance of offer or a promise of such an advantage, to act or refrain from acting in the exercise of his or her functions.

Yes, the DPP may have cleared you because the Commissioner of Police dropped the investigation into your bribery charges, but the stench of corruption is still hanging over your head like a dark cloud and everytime you open your mouth shit comes out. You may feel vindicated by a police service that is either incompetent or just lazy and unprofessional and a DPP office that is mired in corruption cases that haven't been solved since Jesus was a baby and grateful for a PM for having faith in you, a PM who sees you as God's gift to politics in Trinidad, but you were guilty of influence peddling and in some countries that carries serious consequences.

You are not vindicated you are fortunate.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:20:23 AM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 29, 2012, 10:24:57 AM »
What is bribery?

In some countries it is considered a criminal act and in other countries it is considered legal. The forms that bribery take are too numerous to mention, but in most cases if not all, the briber holds a powerful role and controls the transacion.

According to the Criminal Law Convention on Corruption of the Council of Europe, bribery can be considered as:

(I) the promising, offering, requesting, receiving, or giving by any person, directly or indirectly, of any undue advantage (to any public official or by any public official) for himself, or herself, or for anyone else, or the acceptance of offer or a promise of such an advantage, to act or refrain from acting in the exercise of his or her functions.

Yes, the DPP may have cleared you because the Commissioner of Police dropped the investigation into your bribery charges, but the stench of corruption is still hanging over your head like a dark cloud and everytime you open your mouth shit comes out. You may feel vindicated by a police service that is either incompetent or just lazy and unprofessional and a DPP office that is mired in corruption cases that haven't been solved since Jesus was a baby and grateful for a PM for having faith in you, a PM who sees you as God's gift to politics in Trinidad, but you were guilty of influence peddling and in some countries that carries serious consequences.

Some ah allyuh does really test people patience yes.  For starters the DPP's office didn't clear Jack b/c the Police Commissioner dropped the case.  The Police Service takes instructions from the DPP, not the other way around.  The DPP saw that there was no evidence of a crime having been committed and instructed the police to don't bother wasn't time continuing the investigation. Silly also to suggest that this outcome was influenced by the DPP's office being "mired in corruption cases."

Some ah allyuh just need to accept that the alleged cash for votes exchange was not a crime.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #1685 on: May 29, 2012, 10:41:51 AM »
What is bribery?

Some ah allyuh does really test people patience yes.  For starters the DPP's office didn't clear Jack b/c the Police Commissioner dropped the case.  The Police Service takes instructions from the DPP, not the other way around.  The DPP saw that there was no evidence of a crime having been committed and instructed the police to don't bother wasn't time continuing the investigation. Silly also to suggest that this outcome was influenced by the DPP's office being "mired in corruption
 cases."

Some ah allyuh just need to accept that the alleged cash for votes exchange was not a crime.

Buckle up your seat belt boss and be patient because I intend to test your patience, over and over, and I can be very silly, you don't know the half of it, but if that tests your patience as well then that is nice to know. Don't end up as one if the patients in St. Ann's.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 29, 2012, 11:18:28 AM »
Just heard on i95.5fm that the DPP did not clear Jack, what he indicated was that what was presented to him was threadbare and as such not sufficent for him to prefer charges, however he directed the investigators to the Customs Laws of the country, so now what we have to find out from the investigators is whether they followed the direction of the DPP.
It would have been a little tricky to get the bribery charge but it would have been easy to find out whether the huge amount of cash was declared, because we know that the money entered the Country as persons have testified that they were given the cash whether as a bribe or a gift.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:23:02 AM by soccerrama »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 29, 2012, 11:42:33 AM »
But what we don't know was if the cash that was distributed was brought into the country by Bin Hamman himself.

Jack self coulda get the cash for him through whatever means down here and no laws could have been broken.

What is the issue? That Bin Hamman give away money? That if he did walk with it in a suitcase after hopping off his private jet he was supposed to tick the lil box at the back of the immigration form and say Yeah I declaring this?

Breds them men operating in a different world, they ent chupid and in this "nayshun" they above the law.

That amount of cash while big for some of us is chump change to others.

They have man with that and more in they mattress put down.

Again nothing will come to it, Jack done get his lettuce leaf whipping already.

I know it might sound like I defending Jack, far from it...but you should step back, admire and be amazed at a master tactician/smart man at work. I ent think the world has seen nuttin quite like he. The man real good.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 29, 2012, 02:11:02 PM »
But what we don't know was if the cash that was distributed was brought into the country by Bin Hamman himself.

Jack self coulda get the cash for him through whatever means down here and no laws could have been broken.

What is the issue? That Bin Hamman give away money? That if he did walk with it in a suitcase after hopping off his private jet he was supposed to tick the lil box at the back of the immigration form and say Yeah I declaring this?

Breds them men operating in a different world, they ent chupid and in this "nayshun" they above the law.

I know it might sound like I defending Jack, far from it...but you should step back, admire and be amazed at a master tactician/smart man at work. I ent think the world has seen nuttin quite like he. The man real good.

And thats the sad thing. Imagine how powerful T&T could be if Jack had stayed clear of these accusations and was a respected international political leader? Maybe Jack has lived well, but think how much better the people of T&T could be living. Real waste of talent and intelligence.

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 29, 2012, 04:57:29 PM »

Great post!!!!

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 29, 2012, 06:04:25 PM »
Where you guys expecting something different ?

Jack owns T&T, believe it or not. The 06 Warriors will find out soon too.

Jack will raise again !!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1691 on: May 29, 2012, 06:26:37 PM »
Wired868 examines Warner’s police acquittal.
By: Lasana Liburd (wired868).

There was good and bad news for me today in my professional and personal capacity as a sport writer and football fan.

Let’s get the bad news out of the way first.

The Wired868 online newspaper apparently has a superior investigative team than the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service and is more articulate than the Police Service Commission (PSC).

I will attempt to support those two claims later but let me start by bringing you up to speed.

Yesterday, the PSC issued a press release to the old media regarding investigations of bribery allegations against Minister of Works and Infrastructure and ex-FIFA Vice President, Jack Warner.

The PSC, which is chaired by Ramesh Deosoran, wanted the public to know that Police Commissioner Dwayne Gibbs will take no further action against Warner on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Roger Gaspard based on the report given by Gibbs himself.

I hope you did not try to read that aloud while chewing; it was a mouthful.

The aforementioned statement turned out to be all the PSC felt needed to be said on this matter. The biggest international scandal to involve a senior Cabinet Minister in this millennium was treated as flippantly as a broken pipe in Morvant.

Read More

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 06:28:15 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 29, 2012, 06:55:09 PM »
Silly old Lasana! Didn't you hear Kamla last Thursday clearly say that this Government promotes transparency and integrity in public offices? Mr Liburd, you really have to listen better!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1693 on: May 29, 2012, 08:05:12 PM »
DPP denies closing Warner case.
By Lasana Liburd (wired868).

Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Roger Gaspard denied absolving Works Minister and ex-FIFA Vice President Jack Warner of blame in last year’s international bribery scandal and said he did not ask the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service to close its investigations into the Chaguanas West MP.

Rather, Gaspard criticised the police for providing him with “thread bare information and material” on the Warner case.

"There is nothing in it for me to suggest or to see any contravention of the laws of Trinidad and Tobago," Gaspard wrote to the investigating officer, as revealed by CANA News, "that could mean that you need to go further with the investigation because what they supplied to me was insufficient...

Read More

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
DPP denies closing warner case
« Reply #1694 on: May 29, 2012, 08:08:08 PM »
DPP denies closing Warner case.
By Lasana Liburd (wired868).

Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Roger Gaspard denied absolving Works Minister and ex-FIFA Vice President Jack Warner of blame in last year’s international bribery scandal and said he did not ask the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service to close its investigations into the Chaguanas West MP.

Rather, Gaspard criticised the police for providing him with “thread bare information and material” on the Warner case.

"There is nothing in it for me to suggest or to see any contravention of the laws of Trinidad and Tobago," Gaspard wrote to the investigating officer, as revealed by CANA News, "that could mean that you need to go further with the investigation because what they supplied to me was insufficient...

Read More

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:21:17 AM by Flex »

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wired868 examines Warner’s police acquittal
« Reply #1695 on: May 29, 2012, 08:12:09 PM »
Wired868 examines Warner’s police acquittal.
By: Lasana Liburd (wired868).

There was good and bad news for me today in my professional and personal capacity as a sport writer and football fan.

Let’s get the bad news out of the way first.

The Wired868 online newspaper apparently has a superior investigative team than the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service and is more articulate than the Police Service Commission (PSC).

I will attempt to support those two claims later but let me start by bringing you up to speed.

Yesterday, the PSC issued a press release to the old media regarding investigations of bribery allegations against Minister of Works and Infrastructure and ex-FIFA Vice President, Jack Warner.

The PSC, which is chaired by Ramesh Deosoran, wanted the public to know that Police Commissioner Dwayne Gibbs will take no further action against Warner on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Roger Gaspard based on the report given by Gibbs himself.

I hope you did not try to read that aloud while chewing; it was a mouthful.

The aforementioned statement turned out to be all the PSC felt needed to be said on this matter. The biggest international scandal to involve a senior Cabinet Minister in this millennium was treated as flippantly as a broken pipe in Morvant.

Read More

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:22:09 AM by Flex »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: DPP denies closing warner case
« Reply #1696 on: May 29, 2012, 08:26:12 PM »
Dis blasted PNM DPP
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 29, 2012, 08:30:33 PM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 29, 2012, 08:38:15 PM »
I coulda swear I see a video where he tell everybody to take the money. He even make sure and ask if any journalists were in the room.

VB

and who playing pious could go and open a church

ENTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 29, 2012, 08:41:45 PM »
And thats the sad thing. Imagine how powerful T&T could be if Jack had stayed clear of these accusations and was a respected international political leader? Maybe Jack has lived well, but think how much better the people of T&T could be living. Real waste of talent and intelligence.

Your antipathy towards Jack Warner has clouded your objectivity.  If you really think Trinidad is any less "powerful" because of this scandal then I have a bridge to sell you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: May 29, 2012, 08:47:23 PM »
FROM DAY ZERO I have been saying that d case was 4 d non discloseure of d money. D fact that Gibbs etal ignored that meant they had no intention of doin Jack anything. All he needed 2 investigate was how d money came all Jack had 2 prove it was a wire transfer and case close. As Lasana say we more thorough than d TTPS and Deosoran and his peeps.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Re: Groden, Camps served for contempt…Warner’s lawyers keep close watch
« Reply #1701 on: May 29, 2012, 09:31:34 PM »
Groden, Camps served for contempt…Warner’s lawyers keep close watch
By Lasana Liburd (wired868)

Richard Groden and Oliver Camps, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) general secretary and former president respectively, have been served for contempt of court and must respond in writing to the Port of High Spain High Court by 31 May 2012.

READ MORE...
:-[ :Police: :Police: :Police: :waiting: :Police:

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #1702 on: May 29, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »
Express and Guardian have now followed up on this.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: May 29, 2012, 10:42:58 PM »
And that's the sad thing. Imagine how powerful T&T could be if Jack had stayed clear of these accusations and was a respected international political leader? Maybe Jack has lived well, but think how much better the people of T&T could be living. Real waste of talent and intelligence.

Your antipathy towards Jack Warner has clouded your objectivity.  If you really think Trinidad is any less "powerful" because of this scandal then I have a bridge to sell you.

I say that on the basis of discussions with international business people, most recently at the Caribbean Investment Forum. These people are confused. Ministers like Steven Cadiz are doing a fantastic job to open up new opportunities in diverse enterprises and the same people who are being told that T&T is a safe investment then read that the acting prime minister (a position that is usually bestowed on a politician when the existing prime minister is either disposed or dead) is involved in financial scandals. Whether he's innocent or not  does not matter, its the image it projects that shakes the confidence of investors. Yes, other countries suffer the same embarrassments, but they usually deal with them by removing the person in question. No sane person can argue that Jack does not bring embarrassment to this nation, even if he is proved innocent. There is just too much bacchanal associated with Jack.

I'm not sure apathy is the right word. I'm just saddened that his ability to advance T&T has been diminished by his involvement in various incidents.

And I would be interested in purchasing Tower Bridge (not the London Bridge that the yanks bought by mistake!)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 29, 2012, 11:32:33 PM »
I say that on the basis of discussions with international business people, most recently at the Caribbean Investment Forum. These people are confused. Ministers like Steven Cadiz are doing a fantastic job to open up new opportunities in diverse enterprises and the same people who are being told that T&T is a safe investment then read that the acting prime minister (a position that is usually bestowed on a politician when the existing prime minister is either disposed or dead) is involved in financial scandals. Whether he's innocent or not  does not matter, its the image it projects that shakes the confidence of investors. Yes, other countries suffer the same embarrassments, but they usually deal with them by removing the person in question. No sane person can argue that Jack does not bring embarrassment to this nation, even if he is proved innocent. There is just too much bacchanal associated with Jack.

I'm not sure apathy is the right word. I'm just saddened that his ability to advance T&T has been diminished by his involvement in various incidents.

And I would be interested in purchasing Tower Bridge (not the London Bridge that the yanks bought by mistake!)

Yes... and investors are scared away from TnT because of Jack Warner... okay, lol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 29, 2012, 11:59:14 PM »

Yes... and investors are scared away from TnT because of Jack Warner... okay, lol

Bakes, I'm not saying thats the only reason, and I'm not saying that every investor has run for the hills. But believe me, it does have an impact. This is not just me saying this, its people in industry. T&T's ratings in the transparency international corruption index has fallen to 91st. Obviously, Calder Hart and CLICO have a big influence in that, but they are in the past. Jack is here today. You know well enough that most investment is based on confidence, and those outside T&T who see regular references to Jack are concerned. If they had to chose between T&T and another country with similar advantages, maybe its enough to dissuade them from T&T.

Other countries have corruption, of course they do, but when someone wants to invest billions (and have to justify that to their investors) perhaps it makes them think twice when these public scandals are not properly dealt with. Sometimes they will decide that the potential rewards are worth the risk, sometimes they won't.

I know you think I have a Warner fixation (and maybe I have) but you must admit that Jacks antics, and the failure of the Govt to distance themselves, has a less than positive effect.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Groden, Camps served for contempt…Warner’s lawyers keep close watch
« Reply #1706 on: May 30, 2012, 03:46:08 AM »
A football federation that DOESN'T know how much money they have and how much was raised during the WC campaign.

And they want to keep their jobs.

I can only shake my head. What do we have to do to get rid of these people. :frustrated: :frustrated: ::) ::) :banginghead: :banginghead:

VB

you did they are now running the government...

I did.....what???
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: May 30, 2012, 06:14:48 AM »

Ah want to believe that this is what fellas like Diamondtrim, Jack a$$ Horner and mih cousin in Diego does applaud.  Dey know he is a blasted crook, but he real good, so far, at covering his tracks.   And we wonder why the place in a mess.   We applauding when the crook get away.  Ah feel it have something to do with the fact he is a "successful" black man.

I black too and he is a blasted shame not just to the black race, to the human race......*spits on him* nasty, stinking, dutty vampire.....

Edit:

FS, I just realised you and I zeroed in on the exact same thing in Touches' post.  Great minds think alike..... ;) ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:17:17 AM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: May 30, 2012, 06:38:04 AM »
This whole thing reminded me of a comment I made when I heard that Jackula was now on the National security council.

"Now he will know when the police coming for him....."

Well not that it wasn't hard for him before but a seat at the table is even better.   On a related note, I saw a TnT Mirror headline yesterday that read

"Warner for Minister of National Security"......wrt to Kamla's upcoming "realignment" of cabinet......well I hope the Mirror wrong like an O yes cuz.....if things weren't bad enough.....

Then again, maybe its better to put a crook to catch the bad guys.....he goh be one step ahead of them.......he seems to have mastered that to good effect, so far.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wired868 examines Warner’s police acquittal
« Reply #1709 on: May 30, 2012, 06:40:39 AM »
UPDATED STORY:

Wired868 examines Warner’s supposed police acquittal
... Gibbs, Warner and the PSC deserve sanction
By Lasana Liburd (www.wired868.com)

Trinidad and Tobago's national security bodies revealed a new low this week in terms of organisation, investigative work, communication and, arguably, credibility.

Minister of Works and Infrastructure and ex-FIFA Vice President Jack Warner was at the heart of the chaos.

On Monday, the PSC issued a press release which claimed that investigations into bribery allegations against Warner, arising from the scandalous 2011 FIFA presidential elections, had been closed for the past two months.

The PSC, which is chaired by Ramesh Deosoran, informed the public that Police Commissioner Dwayne Gibbs will take no further action against Warner on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Roger Gaspard based on the report given by Gibbs himself.

Gaspard  subsequently denied ever offering such advice.

The PSC release also included several dates, which only further muddied the waters.

The Police Commissioner apparently sent a letter to the PSC on 21 March 2012 informing the latter body that the case was closed.

Coincidentally, on 20 March 2012, I contacted Warner based on new information received on this same case.

Wired868 received a copy of an affidavit sworn by Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) General Secretary Richard Groden, which alleged that he handed Warner an envelope containing a US$40,000 (TTS$243,200) bribe from another former FIFA VP, Mohamed bin Hammam, at his ministerial office and saw him place it in a drawer. Groden also accused Warner of fraudulently representing the TTFF.

So, on March 20, Wired868 asked Warner (among other questions):
"Did you use your post as Transport Minister to facilitate the flow of this money into or out of the country? Did you receive US$40,000 from Richard Groden at your Government office last year? If so, what did you do with the money?"

Warner did not respond and, on March 22, Wired868 published: “TTFF Secretary accuses Warner of collecting bribe.”

But, unknown to us, Commissioner Gibbs allegedly sought to close the case between the time of our letter to Warner and publication of our exclusive report with new information.

Five days after Gibbs' alleged bizarre misinterpretation of Gaspard's advice, Warner was officially appointed to the National Security Council (NSC) on which the Canada-born Police Commissioner is a fellow board member.

Read More

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:12:15 AM by Flex »

1]; } ?>