July 24, 2024, 12:29:33 AM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 448062 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anand: No evidence linking Jack to bribery charges.
« Reply #1740 on: June 07, 2012, 12:35:12 PM »
Again..I was dealing with the TAPED evidence alone.  Much is being made of the speech Jack came to the CFU delegates..there was nothing it that to suggest bribery.

I doh even think you yuhself believe that nonsense, lol

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: June 07, 2012, 01:10:44 PM »
I wish they could lock him up.  But it is not about how we feel.  I feel that there was bribery, but could I prove it beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.  That is what Anand have to go by.  If he don't have that, then we all whistling in the wind.   
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: June 07, 2012, 01:57:38 PM »
Notwithstanding the FACT that the police did a shoddy job by not interviewing several persons directly involved in the alleged bribery.  I find the taped evidence to be  very weak.  When I refer to taped evidence I am referring to the tape where Jack is seen and heard addressing the CFU representatives urging them to support Bin Hamman.  I saw and heard little to suggest anything close to bribery.

Now added with other evidence I am sure a case could be made if properly investigated.

Really?  There is more than enough to suggest that bribery occurred and that Jack was at the center of it all, implicating himself.  That said, Anand is a dangerous man...  the DPP never said that there wasn't any evidence of bribery, he said there wasn't enough evidence to suggest that a crime was committed.  There is a difference and anyone who insists that there was no bribery only fooling themselves, because they sure not fooling the rest of us.  There was bribery and Jack offered it in exchange for votes for Bin Hamman... however this is not a crime, hence no prosecution.  This is still conduct unbecoming a public official, let alone a government minister.  That the nation's purported Attorney General cannot (or refuses to) acknowledge this is beyond troubling.

A second matter is the violation of the Customs Act.  Anand stating that the ONLY person who would have violated it is Bin Hamman since he filed a false declaration.  Well that would be true only if BH was the one who brought the cash into the country.  At this point we don't know who did, so how can Anand exonerate Jack prematurely?  Also, what of the rumors that Jack gave word to Airport authorities to let BH pass thru w/o scrutiny?  Has that been investigated?  Has Anand (omnipotent and omniscient as he is) determined that this did not take place?

Buckle up TnT... allyuh have 3 more years of these people to contend with.

Bakes, yuh way off target with this.....we have 3 more years until their next 5 years! And the way things are going, by 2012 the constitution may have been changed a la TTFF, CFU, CONCACAF. Remember, they have a master tactician at the helm. If Jack can reconfigure the planet, I'm damn sure he can lock down T&T.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: June 07, 2012, 02:56:20 PM »
I wish they could lock him up.  But it is not about how we feel.  I feel that there was bribery, but could I prove it beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.  That is what Anand have to go by.  If he don't have that, then we all whistling in the wind.   

uhm... no.  Try and follow along, it's not about what they can prove or not prove.  What Jack did isn't a crime... period.  Even if they could prove the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt he'd still never see the inside of a court because his actions did not involve his public role as a minister. Private individuals can bribe the hell out of each other all they want... and Jack was acting in his private capacity.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 02:58:27 PM by Bakes »

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: June 07, 2012, 03:48:07 PM »
¿Habla ingles, DPP? No lo entiende el AG
(By Wired868)

Is English the first language of Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Roger Gaspard?
The DPP was unimpressed with Police Commissioner Dwayne Gibbs' assertion that a police probe into bribery allegations surrounding Warner should be closed and retorted with: "you need to go further with the investigation" and "I have not cleared anybody."
Does everyone get what he is saying?
Attorney General Anand Ramlogan still didn't feel Gaspard was being precise.
Read More: http://wired868.com/868/index.php/good-mornin-neighbour/332-habla-ingles-dpp-no-lo-entiende-el-ag

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: June 08, 2012, 05:16:48 AM »
Jack is wrong and any fool could see this.

Furthermore, he made deals behind his boss back and said in the interview his boss (Sepp knew)... he know he was doing something worng.

truetrini

« Reply #1746 on: June 08, 2012, 08:57:57 AM »
Again..I was dealing with the TAPED evidence alone.  Much is being made of the speech Jack came to the CFU delegates..there was nothing it that to suggest bribery.

I doh even think you yuhself believe that nonsense, lol

AGain, I just looked at that video again, and there is insufficient evidence there to suggest any bribery.  "When Mohamed Bin Hammam asked to come to the Caribbean he wanted to bring some silver plaques and wooden trophies and bunting and so on, and told me to bring for 30 people would be too much luggage.

"I told him he did not need to bring anything but if he wanted to bring anything to bring something equivalent to the value of the gift that he brought.

"I said to him if you bring cash, I don't want you to give cash to anybody, but when you do you can give it to the CFU and the CFU will give it to his members.

Warner says on the video: "When Mohamed Bin Hammam asked to come to the Caribbean he wanted to bring some silver plaques and wooden trophies and bunting and so on, and told me to bring for 30 people would be too much luggage.

"I told him he did not need to bring anything but if he wanted to bring anything to bring something equivalent to the value of the gift that he brought.

"I said to him if you bring cash, I don't want you to give cash to anybody, but when you do you can give it to the CFU and the CFU will give it to his members.

"Because I don't want [it] to even remotely appear that anyone has any obligation to vote for you because of what gifts you have given them, and he fully accepted that."

Warner also says in the video that he would return any money if the officials chose not to keep it.

"I know there are some people here who believe they are more pious than thou," he continued.

"If you are pious go to a church friends, but the fact is that our business is our business.

"If there is anybody here who has a conscience and wishes to send back the money I am willing to take the money and give it back to him at any moment."

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: June 08, 2012, 09:15:15 AM »
Isn't this similar to when a gangster visits a jewellry shop and offers his services to ensure nothing happens to the property? He says "This is a rough area, crime is on the increase, people could get hurt" He doesn't make any kind of threat, but the owner knows that if he doesn't pay up, there will be repercussions.

You can't prosecute anybody for stating negatives. But I believe its against FIFA rules to provide cash gifts without their consent. And Warner would know this and is therefore implicated. Then there is the question of where the money came from. If it was brought into the country undeclared, did Warner know this? And is it his duty as a Cabinet Minister to advise bin Hammam of this?

Plus, there are more damning affidavits confirming more direct involvement.

To me, there seems no apparent way that Warner can be charged by the police. The question is: was he acting in a manner that brings disgrace on the nation? Was this conduct unbecoming of a Minister? Was he following the PP mandate of honesty, integrity and transparency?

truetrini

« Reply #1748 on: June 08, 2012, 09:27:18 AM »
Isn't this similar to when a gangster visits a jewellry shop and offers his services to ensure nothing happens to the property? He says "This is a rough area, crime is on the increase, people could get hurt" He doesn't make any kind of threat, but the owner knows that if he doesn't pay up, there will be repercussions.

You can't prosecute anybody for stating negatives. But I believe its against FIFA rules to provide cash gifts without their consent. And Warner would know this and is therefore implicated. Then there is the question of where the money came from. If it was brought into the country undeclared, did Warner know this? And is it his duty as a Cabinet Minister to advise bin Hammam of this?

Plus, there are more damning affidavits confirming more direct involvement.

To me, there seems no apparent way that Warner can be charged by the police. The question is: was he acting in a manner that brings disgrace on the nation? Was this conduct unbecoming of a Minister? Was he following the PP mandate of honesty, integrity and transparency?

FIFA has a history of "gift giving", indeed a culture of "gift giving."  I agree that his conduct is unbecoming...but based solely..NOTE I say solely on this taped evidence, I see no bribery.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: June 08, 2012, 11:00:11 AM »
green fig
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: June 08, 2012, 01:16:10 PM »
AGain, I just looked at that video again, and there is insufficient evidence there to suggest any bribery.

"Insufficient" in your mind.  The average, ordinary reasonable prudent person (ORPP) is likely to conclude that despite his bald pronouncements, the exact purpose of the gifts, in light of the circumstances, gives rise to a presumption that bribery was afoot.  But what would I know.

truetrini

« Reply #1751 on: June 08, 2012, 07:35:04 PM »
AGain, I just looked at that video again, and there is insufficient evidence there to suggest any bribery.

"Insufficient" in your mind.  The average, ordinary reasonable prudent person (ORPP) is likely to conclude that despite his bald pronouncements, the exact purpose of the gifts, in light of the circumstances, gives rise to a presumption that bribery was afoot.  But what would I know.

AGAIN!  The tape standing alone is NOT sufficient to convict anyone!   I already stated that with proper investigation there would be evidence..but the TAPE ALONE...is being made a big deal by many...I listened to it several times and THERE IS NO EVIDENCE of an attempted bribe there.  NOT ONE shred of evidence that can stand the scrutinity

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: June 08, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
AGAIN!  The tape standing alone is NOT sufficient to convict anyone!   I already stated that with proper investigation there would be evidence..but the TAPE ALONE...is being made a big deal by many...I listened to it several times and THERE IS NO EVIDENCE of an attempted bribe there.  NOT ONE shred of evidence that can stand the scrutinity

Let's try and maintain focus here... Jack didn't commit any crime so nobody talking about evidence "to convict".  You keep saying that there is no evidence of an attempted bribe... which is laughable.  Repeating the mantra to yourself won't make it any more convincing.  Note that not even Gaspard has come out and said that, which would be tantamount to an exoneration, which Gaspard has pointedly made clear was not his intent.  There is no evidence of a crime being committed, but enough evidence of bribery, including on the tape.  Knowing you you'll just come back repeating the same but my experience tells me that there's more than enough evidence of bribery on the tape... you can continue to say otherwise.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Concacaf Thread.
« Reply #1754 on: July 20, 2012, 04:28:25 AM »
Warner raises questions about former colleagues
By Ian Prescott & Roger Seepersad (Express).

DID CFU LIE?

Jack Warner would not say that former Caribbean Football Union (CFU) colleagues lied on him. Instead, when directly asked whether they told untruths during last year's football corruption scandal which saw bribery allegations brought against both the former vice-president of international football's governing body FIFA, and former FIFA presidential candidate Mohammed Bin Hammam, Warner, now the National Security Minister, said he pitied them (CFU officials).

Warner faced the media yesterday at a press conference at the Ministry following yesterday's decision by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) which annulled a FIFA life ban placed on Bin Hammam. The Court cited a lack of evidence for their decision.

Warner said allegations should be supported by evidence, and that he held no grudges against CFU officials whose allegations ultimately forced him to leave international football.

"My belief is that they (CFU officials) got incentives to say what they said," Warner declared.

Warner added that he was done with football and would only consider returning to the sport if current FIFA president Sepp Blatter stepped down.

Warner also spoke about the CONCACAF Centre of Excellence. He said his family bought the land from Norman Sabga, and after the sporting complex was built with FIFA funding, former FIFA president Joao Havelange gave it away as a gift.

"I have in my hand a letter which bequeaths it (CONCACAF Centre of Excellence) to the Caribbean and the Warner family," Warner said. "I have had it (the letter) for 22 years."

Yesterday, the CAS ruled 2-1 that there was not enough evidence to prove that Bin Hammam was the source of the US$1million brought into Trinidad and Tobago. Last May, Warner chaired a CFU meeting at which Bin Hammam was allowed to make his elections pitch to Caribbean football officials. Subsequently, both men were accused of offering US$40,000 bribes to those officials in exchange for votes in upcoming FIFA elections.

Warner quit all his international football posts, and FIFA dropped its investigations on the condition that he never return to football. At the time, FIFA stated: "As a consequence of Mr Warner's self-determined resignation, all ethics committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained."

However, Bin Hammam maintained his innocence and fought a life ban which FIFA subsequently imposed on him.

Yesterday, Warner asked rhetorically: "When last have you heard anything about the CFU?"

He added that powerful Caribbean football nations like Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica have now been sidelined in favour of minnows such as Cayman Islands and St Lucia. Warner described CFU as a shadow of its former self.

"Blatter now has the CFU he wanted," Warner said.

Meanwhile, senior vice-president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF), Rudy Thomas said he was happy for Bin Hammam, but insisted the TTFF's focus is on carrying football forward in the country.

Speaking at a press conference at the Queen's Park Oval, in Port of Spain, yesterday, Thomas added: "The news just came out this morning (yesterday morning), so we have not spoken about it as an executive, so what I am saying is my personal view."

Head of marketing at the TTFF, Anthony Harford shared similar sentiments.

"My focus is to make sure football in Trinidad and Tobago moves forward."

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Concacaf Thread.
« Reply #1755 on: July 20, 2012, 05:24:29 AM »
poor journalism and investigative work by the Express... poor questions asked
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: July 20, 2012, 06:26:17 AM »

Warner also spoke about the CONCACAF Centre of Excellence. He said his family bought the land from Norman Sabga, and after the sporting complex was built with FIFA funding, former FIFA president Joao Havelange gave it away as a gift.

"I have in my hand a letter which bequeaths it (CONCACAF Centre of Excellence) to the Caribbean and the Warner family," Warner said. "I have had it (the letter) for 22 years."

at least this on the record.  :-[

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: July 20, 2012, 07:19:44 AM »
Warner is a master of deflection. He doesn't answer questions, but instead responds with statements. He also contradicts himself often without fear of journalists challenging him:

Warner said allegations should be supported by evidence,

"My belief is that they (CFU officials) got incentives to say what they said," Warner declared.

Two sentences directly following each other and totally conradictive!

Then he boldly states that the multi million dollar CoE was a gift to him. Not an incentive, but a gift? I would guess that the CoE would be the largest gift ever given by FIFA to an individual. If it was bequeathed to CFU, fair enough, but a gift of such magnitude to a FIFA vice president is totally unacceptable. It is being used to generate funds for a private family, instead of the development of regional football for which it was intended.

FIFA and CFU should legally reclaim it. Havelange did not have the authority to give a multi million dollar regional development facility as a gift. As Warner says, where is the evidence? This decision should have been one made by the FIFA executive and probably should have been voted on my all members of FIFA. A personal letter from Havelange is not enough.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: July 20, 2012, 07:30:23 AM »
Warner won't live forever, maybe when he was in charge proper systems should have been put in place. Instead he is gone and we no better off from when he took charge donkey years ago. And all we have to show for it is 4 new stadium. That is progress according to he supporters.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Jack Warner destroyed T&T football, this is why.
« Reply #1759 on: July 20, 2012, 09:26:20 AM »
Jack Warner is a perfect dictator.

He left T&T football in the same state he got it in 1973, broke, disorganised and lost.

He came on-board, suck de country's resources dry, get what he could get, move up the ladder on the backs of T&T football and then varnish with everything.

I mean, he did what he had to do to make sure T&T was always there but never did it from the good of his heart or the game, but only to his benefit.

Now T&T football is 30 years in the hole.

How can we allow someone to rule for 30 years !!!!!!!!

Do you guys know how impossible it is to get ride of Jack Warner smell even after he is gone. He left a bad sent and destroy we football.

And hear de funny thing, he is doing the same thing to our country, he trying to claw his way to dictate de country and is very successful.

This man has to be the evilest man I know, even though he does do his job, I hope our people dont sleep, because one day we go have to pay de piper.

Every man has to pay one day, he go leave we in a hole.

I pray the 2006 Soca Warriors string this man up, forget Camps, I want Jack Warner blood FIRST.

T&T football never improve in 30 years, imagine that, and this man was de vice president of FIFA and had all de resources on his finger tip to help develop T&T football and never did.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:33:42 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner destroyed T&T football, this is why.
« Reply #1760 on: July 20, 2012, 12:30:39 PM »
Jack Warner is a perfect dictator.

He left T&T football in the same state he got it in 1973, broke, disorganised and lost.

He came on-board, suck de country's resources dry, get what he could get, move up the ladder on the backs of T&T football and then varnish with everything.

I mean, he did what he had to do to make sure T&T was always there but never did it from the good of his heart or the game, but only to his benefit.

Now T&T football is 30 years in the hole.

How can we allow someone to rule for 30 years !!!!!!!!

Do you guys know how impossible it is to get ride of Jack Warner smell even after he is gone. He left a bad sent and destroy we football.

And hear de funny thing, he is doing the same thing to our country, he trying to claw his way to dictate de country and is very successful.

This man has to be the evilest man I know, even though he does do his job, I hope our people dont sleep, because one day we go have to pay de piper.

Every man has to pay one day, he go leave we in a hole.

I pray the 2006 Soca Warriors string this man up, forget Camps, I want Jack Warner blood FIRST.

T&T football never improve in 30 years, imagine that, and this man was de vice president of FIFA and had all de resources on his finger tip to help develop T&T football and never did.

Only problem is, it ain't funny. My people are a bunch of cowards to tolerate inept and corrupt leadership.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: July 20, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »

The TFA may have been short of resources in the 70s, but it was more organzied and stable in that period. We had moved from the zonal leagues to the NSL. 1st and 2nd division. I played for Essex from 74 to 76. The league had 100 times better support than this current proleague. But yes, money like always was a problem. But football was enjoyable. Imagine I would take my hard earn money to go and see Coops and them play.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:55:47 PM by Deeks »

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: July 20, 2012, 07:20:18 PM »

Was it a single coat or a double coat of lacquer?  :D

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: July 21, 2012, 06:32:41 AM »
I really wish my good friend David John Williams hear the cry and come and rescue our football.

Sam, sad but true.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jack: Not me and football again.
« Reply #1764 on: July 21, 2012, 07:26:32 AM »
T&T Newsday Reports.

NATIONAL Security Minister Jack Warner on Thursday said he has left the world of football “permanently”, in the wake of a court ruling which quashed a FIFA ban brought against Mohammed Bin Hammam.

At a press conference at the Ministry of National Security, Temple Court, Abercromby Street, Port-of-Spain, Warner said notwithstanding the court ruling, he would not return to football.

“Never,” he said. “I left football a year ago and that is a permanent position. I want nothing from football.”

Warner quit as a FIFA vice-chairman last year amid bribery allegations made against him and Bin Hammam in the lead-up to the FIFA presidential elections which saw Sepp Blatter return to the post.

Bin Hammam, who pulled out of the race for the FIFA presidency amid the allegations, had a FIFA life ban overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) on Thursday. The CAS said there was “insufficient evidence” in the case.

Members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) had alleged cash bribes were offered to get them to back Bin Hammam. Warner argued their actions destroyed the CFU.

“Where is the CFU today?” he said, pointing out that six CFU members had been banned. “Father forgive them, they know not what they did. I won’t say they were lying. I would say they got incentives.”

The CAS found that Warner had arranged for cash gifts to be offered and said it was “most likely” that he was in collaboration with Bin Hammam in an arrangement which did not conform to the “highest ethical standards.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Jack: Not me and football again.
« Reply #1765 on: July 21, 2012, 07:27:11 AM »
Thanx Jack, you should have said this 29 and a 1/2 years ago.....  ;D

Like he really have a choice...

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:29:06 AM by Flex »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: July 21, 2012, 02:34:05 PM »
After he suck T&T football dry and FIFA force him to resign and he get big job in the PP government as a reward for his financial support he could afford to say that.

As soon as his vindictive friend Sepp Blatter finishes his final term as President of FIFA then allyuh don't be surprised to hear Renraw say that yesterday was yesterday and today is today and he is re-entering football to help get CONCACAF and FIFA back on track.  :devil:

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:45:13 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

« Reply #1767 on: July 21, 2012, 02:40:33 PM »
Jack never again (raise) to any football prominence.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: July 22, 2012, 08:41:37 AM »
Daily Star Lebanon

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates: The man in charge of Asian soccer, once a candidate to oust FIFA President Sepp Blatter as the sport's worldwide leader, enriched himself and handed out hundreds of thousands of dollars to friends and relatives, according to an audit obtained by The Associated Press.

Mohamed bin Hammam, a 63-year-old Qatari whose life ban from football was overturned in a sports court earlier this week, is accused of using the Asian Football Confederation bank accounts to conduct his private affairs.

The audit was prepared by the international accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers and dated July 13. A copy of the report was obtained by the AP; its contents were confirmed by two people with direct knowledge of the report who spoke on condition of anonymity because it hasn't been made public.

The report offered rare details of the usually secretive accounts of not-for-profit football bodies handling hundreds of millions of dollars. And it portrayed a man who was running Asian soccer like a family business, negotiating contracts on his own and mingling his personal and AFC bank accounts.

The audit was especially critical of bin Hammam's use of AFC accounts for personal expenses, although there was no evidence of direct payments to bin Hammam.

"It is highly unusual for funds (especially in the amounts detailed here) that appear to be for the benefit of Mr. Hammam personally, to be deposited to an organization's bank account," the audit said.

He received millions of dollars from individuals linked to AFC contracts, according to the audit, and spent tens of thousands of dollars on items like a honeymoon for his son and dental work, haircuts and cash payments for his family.

It found he spent $700,000 from AFC coffers on himself and his family, including $100,000 for his wife, $10,000 on a Bulgari watch for himself and nearly $5,000 for his daughter's cosmetic dentistry.

Payments were also made to Asian, African and Caribbean football officials, including $250,000 to Jack Warner, the longtime strongman of Caribbean football.

"The arrangement with Mr Hammam's use of the sundry debtors account is, in our view, highly unusual and reflects poor governance," the audit said. "This use by Mr Hammam of the sundry debtors account continued even after the external auditor's recommended that it be stopped. Our review indicates that it was common belief that this account was for Mr Hammam personally and all funds flowing through it were his personal monies.

"We question why Mr Hammam would conduct his personal financial transactions through the AFC's bank accounts when the documents we have seen indicate that he already has several personal bank accounts in various countries," the audit said.

The Asian governing body, which he has led since 2002 was advised to seek "legal advice in respect of ... whether the actions of Mr. Hammam, and other parties identified in this report, constitute criminal and/or civil breaches." Bin Hammam was suspended for 30 days by the AFC following receipt of the report last week.

Bin Hammam was not available for comment. His United States lawyer said the allegations were a FIFA tactic to block his return to world football.

"If there were ever any question about the political motives behind FIFA's vendetta against Mr. Bin Hammam, it has been answered by the outrageous and baseless new charges that FIFA and AFC are bringing against him," lawyer Eugene Gulland said in a statement.

The audit found that a contract for commercial rights with World Sports Group and its subsidiary World Sports Football were no-bid contracts that were "considerably undervalued." A $14 million payment from companies with stakes in WSG, Al Baraka Investment and Development Co. and International Sports Events Company, was made to the AFC for the "personal use of its president," the report said.

Bin Hammam also approved several lucrative, no-bid contracts for commercial rights, including one for Qatari-owned Al-Jazeera Satellite Network.

The audit said its review of the AFC accounts found that it routinely handed out tens of thousands of dollars in cash to federation presidents and their relatives. Most of it went to their personal bank accounts and none of it was for football related expenses, it said.

Gaurav Thapa, whose father heads the Nepalese federation, received $100,000 while a Filipino football official Jose Mari Martinez received $60,000 and had $11,226 in hospital expenses paid. Another $50,000 went to an East Timorese football official Francisco Kalbuadi Lay, the audit found.

Another $25,000 went for tuition expenses for a Bangladesh football federation spokesman and $20,000 to cover the cost of cancer treatment for the federation's general secretary.

Also, nearly $2,000 was spent by Bin Hammam to buy 14 shirts for Blatter and nearly $5,000 went toward the purchase of suits for Issa Hayatou, the CAF president.

The acting head of the AFC called for an end to spending abuses.

"I think this development also makes one thing very clear to all of us - there is no place for unethical practices anymore in AFC," Acting President Zhang Jilong said in his opening address Thursday to an executive committee meeting. "I ask this ExCo (executive committee) to prevent any abuse of power and misuse of privileges by any office bearer. I ask this ExCo not to allow anyone to compromise the image of AFC."

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: July 23, 2012, 08:57:45 AM »
irregarless of the fact that he take nuff thing for he-self and family. Jack has done a lot for Caribbean , Concacaf and Trinidad Football.

fact of the matter is that there was basically nothing before Jack figured out how to use FIFA money to get things done for the region.

There was not even spots to make the world cup.

If it was up to UEFA, concacaf would not even have a spot or one at best.

Jack open up the football.

Unless a new money man willing to step up football on a pause because the public in tnt does not put money into sports.

1]; } ?>