April 27, 2024, 02:21:59 PM

Author Topic: The Jack Warner Thread.  (Read 427818 times)

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack dimisses Concacaf probe PM STUNNED
« Reply #2220 on: April 30, 2013, 11:32:01 PM »
Moonilal is correct, but he's not saying anything that Mr. Warner doesn't understand instinctively. This move by Warner will go down in the annals of T&T political history as very telling. I can conceive of at least 3 possible scenarios occurring ...  and yet again,none of them reaps any automatic rewards for the Opposition.

Care to expand on that?

Ok, ah late  ...

He could have resigned and walked away from the three posts (Cabinet, party chair, and MP). He didn't opt to cast off the MP post completely, and that's because it (by his analysis) continues to provide him a useful platform. The first scenario I see is that he miscalculates the outcome (ah mean, he ent chupid ... he already knows it's a gamble) and is not re-nominated for the seat (aside from his legal liabilities, his lack of consultation with the party brass will be held against him - despite his rhetoric to the ppl of having the party's interest at heart). Clearly, the UNC wants to maintain this seat with minimum static, but there's honestly no significant danger of the UNC losing the seat even if Jack gives trouble and creates a stir were he not to be nominated. The PNM can't win this riding, but they could maintain their voter base and siphon independent/disgruntled votes with the right chords struck ... not a significant number, but enough (see below).

Jack has essentially challenged the UNC and PM into making him the de facto nominee for Chaguanas East. Jack is banking on his loyal supporters to cause some considerable static should there action man be denied, putting the UNC in a bit of bother. Kamla definitely don't want an all out public war of words with Jack. Will Jack actually go through the humiliation of the screening process?  With 90 days before the bye-elections, it will make for some interesting drama.
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: May 01, 2013, 04:54:17 AM »
Jack has essentially challenged the UNC and PM into making him the de facto nominee for Chaguanas East West. Jack is banking on his loyal supporters to cause some considerable static should there action man be denied, putting the UNC in a bit of bother. Kamla definitely don't want an all out public war of words with Jack. Will Jack actually go through the humiliation of the screening process?  With 90 days before the bye-elections, it will make for some interesting drama.

A fix the seat for yuh and uuuuuummm, that bolded part, the speaker has not declared the seat vacant as yet eh......sooooo technically the 90 days eh start yet......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: May 01, 2013, 05:14:45 AM »
Jack: I will never hurt my party
The Trinidad Guardian.

When these things begin to happen it is because some of us are misinterpreting the responsibilities given to us and when large portfolios like two mega ministries are placed under one man’s control. It sends the wrong message not only to the person in charge but also to the national community, especially when one’s race or ethnicity can be punished because of the historical patterns of some of us.

I cannot live with that kind of belligerence nor should any member of the People’s Partnership Government. This hurts our party. And it hurts our government. Whether they like it or not I am and will continue to be a member of the United National Congress. I will never hurt my party nor interfere with its chances to win an election. In 2008, I fought to put this party on an even footing. With the Movement for Change, my colleagues and I traversed this country from community to community for 14 months seeking ways to get our party ready to take over the reins of power and today I will do nothing to change that.

Many have advised me to make a clean break and begin anew, but I am UNC and UNC I will remain. I am UNC and with the UNC is where my heart will always be. I love my party but you my constituents, I love you more. I am still confident that no PNM under Rowley or this crop of politicians will be a better government than the People’s Partnership and therefore I will re-dedicate my energies to ensure that such never takes place.

Now, before I conclude, what of Keith Rowley, an everlastingly bitter man, an unhappy man, a man whose ambitions will never be fulfilled living forever in the shadows of his peers. A man characterised by his leader as a raging bull after he was kicked out of the Cabinet for unbecoming behaviour. This is the man who sees me as a threat to his ambitions of power and will do whatever is necessary—lie, connive, even sleep with the devil to make his dream come true. But I have decided to be the bigger man and the better man tonight. I have decided that our country is reeking with too much hate and too much bitterness. There is too much rancour among us and as adults we are not providing our children with the right kind of examples they need.

I had planned to attack Rowley viciously here tonight and tell you about him from the cradle to the present, including his stint as dean of discipline at Roxborough Government Secondary School some forty years ago up to the PNM Carnival fete at Balisier House, but on reflection tonight is not the night for that. Armed with affidavits and statements of all kinds I am prepared, but not tonight. There will be other nights...I promise you. So with dignity I will go to the Parliament tomorrow and face Rowley and his motion. I will not say nor do anything to bring the Parliament into disrepute in any way. In fact, knowing our speaker, he won’t even allow it. So for now I will leave Rowley.

Before I close tonight, I know you are all asking what next for Jack Warner? Let me tell you that when I spoke with the Prime Minister at her residence on Sunday I told her that if it became necessary for me to resign as minister and UNC Chairman—which it now has—I would also wish to resign as the MP for Chaguanas West. I felt that the proper thing to do would be to offer you my constituents, the explanation and the facts and resign as the Member of Parliament for Chaguanas West in keeping with the highest parliamentary traditions. In my meeting last Sunday, I had advised the Prime Minister of my thinking on this matter.

I also did tell her that I will want to contest the bye-election as a UNC Candidate for the Chaguanas West seat as I am UNC to the bone. And as such, with events having unfolded as they are to this point, I wish to let you know that tomorrow, Friday, I would be advising the Speaker of the House of Representatives that effective midnight on Friday night I am resigning as Member of Parliament for Chaguanas West. Section 69 (3) of the Constitution of the Republic of Tobago states that where a vacancy arises in the House of Representatives within the first four years of the life of the Parliament a bye-election shall be held to fill such vacancy not later than 90 days from the date of the announcement of the vacancy by the speaker.

Ninety days from April 25, 2013 will be July 24, 2013 and who knows? With luck, love and your support, Jack Warner will be back. I know many of you are still crying and I too as well am crying but from inside where it is even more painful. The prime minister in our meeting last Sunday even suggested that even if I do offer myself up for re-election I shall win and with your help and support, I too do feel so. Then together—hand in hand—we shall set right all the wrongs that have been committed. We shall work together to strengthen our UNC and our government and ensure that the people are truly always the first to be served—and that they are served with dignity. I promise that come what may, I will never leave you and I will never disappoint you.

So on Saturday a new office sign goes up to replace the Chaguanas West MP sign and then the bye-election campaign starts. I will still continue to see people from all walks of life, all over the country, from 1:30 am to 5:30 pm on Saturday. However, please be advised that it may take a little longer to achieve success since I will no longer be a Member of Parliament but many of my former Cabinet colleagues have assured me that nothing will change. On Friday May 24, 2013, a new weekly newspaper shall be launched—Sunshine Newspaper—designed to bring a new hope into your lives. And come July 24, 2013 who knows, with your love, your support and your understanding, I shall be your MP again.

I thank all of the members of the Protective Services for their support these past trying months. Based on their collective efforts, we were able to bring serious crimes down by over 35 per cent and even murders have been reduced from an all time high of 38 and 46 in January and February respectively, to 19 and 14 in March and April to date. A finer bunch of men and women one could not have asked for. In Laventille, residents can now breathe freely again. I wish I could have done more to give the SRPs and Municipal Police Officers their outstanding allowances or even a new home for our Immigration Department as well as our National Security Operation Centre. But I am sure that in the fullness of time those goals and more shall be attained.

I thank all the former members of staff of the Ministry of National Security especially the members of my security detail for their untiring commitment and dedication. But most important of all, I thank you my constituents for giving me the hope to carry on—today—a new day has dawned. I thank you.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: May 01, 2013, 06:36:48 AM »
But he hurting them already
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: May 01, 2013, 07:26:00 AM »
I'm just wondering if this was an old CFU speech that Jack dusted off and edited? Maybe the original went something like.....

When these things begin to happen it is because some of us are misinterpreting the responsibilities given to us and when large portfolios like two mega ministries football organisations are placed under one man’s control. It sends the wrong message not only to the person in charge but also to the national football community, especially when one’s race or ethnicity can be punished because of the historical patterns of some of us.

I cannot live with that kind of belligerence nor should any member of the People’s Partnership Government. FIFA. This hurts our party CONCACAF. And it hurts our government football.  I will never hurt my party C.F.U. nor interfere with its chances to win an election a world cup spot. In 2008, I fought to put this party CFU on an even footing. With the Movement for Change CONCACAF funding, my colleagues and I traversed this country planet from community to community for 14 months seeking ways to get our party CFU ready to take over the reins of power and today I will do nothing to change that.

Many have advised me to make a clean break and begin anew, but I am UNC CFU and UNC CFU I will remain. I am UNC CFU and with the UNC CFU is where my heart will always be. I love my to party but you my constituents, I love you more. I am still confident that no PNM FIFA under Rowley Blatter or this crop of politicians will be a better government executive than the People’s Partnership bin Hammams and therefore I will re-dedicate my energies to ensure that such never takes place.

Now, before I conclude, what of Keith Rowley, Sepp Blatter, an everlastingly bitter man, an unhappy man, a man whose ambitions will never be fulfilled living forever in the shadows of his peers. A man characterised by his leader as a raging bull after he was kicked out of the Cabinet for unbecoming behaviour investigated over the ISP issue. This is the man who sees me as a threat to his ambitions of power and will do whatever is necessary—lie, connive, even sleep with the devil to make his dream come true. But I have decided to be the bigger man and the better man tonight. I have decided that our country football is reeking with too much hate and too much bitterness. There is too much rancour among us and as adults we are not providing our children with the right kind of examples they need.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: May 01, 2013, 10:01:11 AM »
Jack in for a ruder awakening..he own consitituency eh so want him...ah hope dey tell him is we time..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: May 01, 2013, 03:46:00 PM »
I had planned to attack Rowley viciously here tonight and tell you about him from the cradle to the present, including his stint as dean of discipline at Roxborough Government Secondary School some forty years ago up to the PNM Carnival fete at Balisier House, but on reflection tonight is not the night for that. Armed with affidavits and statements of all kinds I am prepared, but not tonight. There will be other nights

let him have it, Jack. What you holding back for!!!!

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack and the demise of local football
« Reply #2227 on: May 01, 2013, 09:45:01 PM »
Jack kill de football long time ago since de 70's...Jack get a watered down Trinidad team to de WC and allyuh feel he do something fuh Trinidad football he used the football for his benefit..CROOK! LOCK HIM UP!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: May 01, 2013, 11:13:33 PM »
love how the writer contrasts dom basil with jack warner. almost like dom was the anti-jack, and vice versa. it makes you wonder how different things could have been but for a few twists and turns of history.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: May 02, 2013, 05:38:31 AM »

I say long time now when Jack took over and mash up all the established leagues because of ASL he virtually killed what was community football.

Every Saturday evening hundreds if not thousands of people heading to the respective grounds to watch the NFL.
Tesca, Arima United, Memphis, Malvern, ECM Motown, Police, Defence Force, Caroni, PFCC, QRC.....
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Jack and the demise of local football
« Reply #2230 on: May 02, 2013, 11:26:30 AM »

I say long time now when Jack took over and mash up all the established leagues because of ASL he virtually killed what was community football.

Every Saturday evening hundreds if not thousands of people heading to the respective grounds to watch the NFL.
Tesca, Arima United, Memphis, Malvern, ECM Motown, Police, Defence Force, Caroni, PFCC, QRC.....

So true
Youtube Channel

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: May 02, 2013, 11:42:39 AM »
I cant believe people in Trinidad will allow this Gouti face man run and win in an election fuh de same seat he just left ...Trini people ha to be real dotish to allow dis!

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A tongue-in-cheek political obituary on ex-FIFA VP Jack Warner
« Reply #2232 on: May 03, 2013, 08:57:16 AM »
Controversial ex-FIFA VP concedes his last political post
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Austin “Jack” Warner, an unabashed gift taker, an amateur accountant of astounding creativity, one of the greatest storytellers of his generation and a servant of football, Trinidad and Tobago and, most of all, himself, passed away as a political entity on Saturday 27 April 2013 after resigning his seat in the Chaguanas West constituency of Trinidad and Tobago.

Warner had been ailing for some time after being hounded out of FIFA, two years earlier, due to his self-confessed crime of being black and coming from a small island but mostly for facilitating bribes to fix a presidential election.

But, with remarkable bounce-back-ability, he defied the diagnosis of global experts to remain relevant to sport and politics for some time after. There is no word yet as to whether FIFA would retire use of its famous “brown envelope”—for exchanging pre-election niceties—in his honour but Warner surely deserves some recognition for an enthralling 21-year stint as an executive member of the global football body.

World Cup bidding might never be the same again without Warner’s breath-taking demands for television rights, football stadiums, pearl necklaces and visits from Nelson Mandela and David Beckham, which illuminated mundane discussions about bid documents. But then life on the whole loses some of its colour without the Trinidadian administrator and former history teacher.

Warner’s political career took flight on 19 November 1989 when Trinidad and Tobago’s beloved “Strike Squad” lost 1-0 in a crucial World Cup qualifier at the National Stadium in Port of Spain.

The result meant that the United States qualified for its first World Cup—after previously appearing at the FIFA finals as a guest—and eased the chorus of disapproval against then FIFA President Joao Havelange, who was criticised for helping select the US, a supposed non-football nation, to host the 1994 tournament.

Havelange responded by asking delegates at the 1990 CONCACAF Congress to vote for Warner as president. And they did just that.

On November 19, Warner, overcome by patriotism, risked personal harm to citizens by stuffing over 43,000 fans into a ground designed to hold roughly 24,000 and also admitted to selling alcohol at the venue against FIFA regulations.

The United States team stayed within 15 minutes of the ground and arrived there early in a giant, air-conditioned bus while the Strike Squad, which included an 18 year old Dwight Yorke, stayed over an hour away, travelled in cramped mini-vans and had to be bodily lifted over irate fans—pranked by Warner’s bogus World Cup qualifying tickets—to get into their dressing room.

But only a cynic would suggest that this impacted on Trinidad and Tobago’s chance of success on the “Road to Italy.” Sadly, Trinidad and Tobago was a cynical place in the aftermath of that infamous game.

Havelange eased the pain by awarding Trinidad and Tobago a “Fair Play Trophy”, although Warner flouted enough rules to arguably give grounds for appeal if the United States had lost the match. The Fair Play trophy and Warner’s political rise on the back of that contentious defeat and the nation’s tears was compensation enough for his compatriots.

American football administrator Chuck Blazer, according to Warner’s approved biography, talked the Trinidadian into running for the top CONCACAF post, just hours after that World Cup qualifying loss. There is no hard evidence that Warner got his dates mixed up.

Warner and Blazer were already great friends and remained as thick as thieves right until they knifed each other in the backs in 2011.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 05:09:22 PM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: A tongue-in-cheek political obituary on ex-FIFA VP Jack Warner
« Reply #2233 on: May 03, 2013, 09:53:23 AM »
Come with something new now Lasana, we hear everything about Jack already.

Time to start writing about Anil Roberts.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We couldn’t judge Jack based on FIFA
« Reply #2234 on: May 03, 2013, 06:45:21 PM »
We couldn’t judge Jack based on FIFA
By Ria Taitt Political Editor (T&T Express)

Attorney General Anand Ramlogan said yesterday that one could not have used Jack Warner’s FIFA record and behaviour to deny him a ministerial appointment in May 2010.

Speaking at yesterday’s post-Cabinet news conference at the Diplomatic centre, St Ann’s, Ramlogan was asked whether the decision to make Warner a minister was flawed in the first instance, given the concerns voiced at that time that his holding of the dual positions of vice-president of world football governing body FIFA and a minister of Government could have led to a possible conflict of interest and other complications.

Ramlogan who described Warner as a hard-working minister, said none of the allegations against Warner related to his performance as a minister.

“The Report of the Concacaf Integrity Commission only came out two weeks ago. One would be hard-pressed to say  he should have been debarred or denied a position as a minister in the absence of this report. Bear in mind the Government had to attach some validity and credence to this report by Chief Justice David Simmons (who) is the person this Government appointed to chair a Commission of Enquiry. So we obviously had faith and confidence in the ability, competence and character and reputation of Simmons...It would have been foolhardy having appointed him there to now question the wisdom of his judgment in a different capacity as a Concacaf enquirer or adjudicator,” Ramlogan stated.

Asked whether Warner’s behaviour in one area (FIFA) has no relation to behaviour in other arena (public office), Ramlogan said: “It is a bit like saying that a man who has marital problems, is unfit for any other kind of office because an allegation has been made. What I am saying is the allegations that have been made pertain to his conduct as an official of FIFA and the Government has no jurisdiction over FIFA, no knowledge over the internal workings and affairs of FIFA.”

He said the allegations related to FIFA and not to Warner acting in his capacity as a public official in Trinidad and Tobago. He said there was the issue of civil wrongdoing, namely the case brought by the Soca Warriors. He said there was also the issue of the votes-for-cash matter and the possible breach of the Customs Act, which was being investigated by the Police and a report sent to the DPP.

But Ramlogan said there was no room for the Government to intervene. “If there are grounds for enquiring into the conduct of any minister, I would most certainly take action and enquire, but one cannot just up on a ‘vaps’ and say one is going on an investigation at large,” he said.

If there are allegations with respect to his role as a minister, “then of course we would take them on their own merit and each case would be treated on its own individual circumstance”, Ramlogan said.
He said Warner did the decent and honourable thing.

On whether the US Attorney General had responded to requests for information on whether the FBI was probing Warner, Ramlogan said he would simply draw reference to the PM’s speech at the meeting, saying he could not got beyond that. The Prime Minister had stated her decision to accept Warner’s resignation following her meeting with US State Department officials.

“After a careful, meticulous review of the facts brought before me, having just returned—you will remember I was in Washington and I met with the State Department there—and having come back from that visit and meeting with my colleagues, counter-balancing the interest of the Cabinet...I accept the resignation of Minister Warner”, Persad-Bissessar told a UNC’s Monday night forum last week.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: May 03, 2013, 06:57:42 PM »
So, they would only investigate or remove Warner if it related to his Ministerial work?

So how did Partaps drink driving charge (which he has not yet been found guilty of) effect his Ministerial role?

Hmmm let me weight this up....... accused of drink driving vs accused of at least 5 (mainly) international financial scandals.  :thinking:

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Jack meets with English lawyers to review Concacaf report.
« Reply #2236 on: May 05, 2013, 05:52:11 AM »
Jack meets with English lawyers to review Concacaf report.
T&T Guardian Reports.

A 90-minute meeting between Jack Warner and his English attorneys over the damning Concacaf report yesterday has left the former national security minister in an upbeat mood.

The meeting between Warner and his battery of attorneys was held yesterday at the Centre of Excellence, Macoya, 15 days after David Simmons presented Concacaf’s congress in Panama with a detailed report into allegations of financial mismanagement by Warner.

In a telephone interview yesterday, Warner confirmed the meeting. The attorneys, Warner said, have analysed the report. “I remain very upbeat and believe me, I mean this literally, I am very upbeat.” Warner said “one can not understand how others could have come to any conclusion as they have come to.”

More will be revealed to the public in due course, Warner said. Warner resigned as National Security minister and UNC party chairman, as well as Chaguanas West MP, following the disclosure of the report which found he was fraudulent in his management of Concacaf as the organisation’s president.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: $100m & MORE MISSING (Sunday Express)
« Reply #2237 on: May 11, 2013, 08:11:48 PM »
A football untouchable
By Camini Marajh Head Investigative Desk Sunday Express

Part X of a Special Investigation

Repeated transgressions of self-dealing by the scandal-prone ex-football powerhouse Jack Warner were largely ignored, downplayed or simply covered up by his former FIFA ally and president of the world football governing body, Sepp Blatter.

Long before the world got a front row seat to the dramatic play-by-play Warner/Mohamed bin Hammam betrayal and Blatter-exacted revenge for challenge to his leadership, the island schoolteacher-turned football-jefe-turned-politician was using his FIFA connections to build a US multi-million dollar family empire with the full protection of FIFA’s oligarch.

And, as this special Sunday Express investigation has found, the list of Warner-committed football-related heists is as long as it is rich.

From huge cash transfers from the national football federation to private and other Warner-controlled accounts to the controversial sale of World Cup TV rights for the Caribbean and the black market trade of 2006 World Cup tickets, among other things.

A review of private and long-sought documents, including FIFA board minutes, a FIFA-commissioned 2006 Ernst & Young forensic audit into a Warner-run World Cup tickets racket, World Cup broadcast licence agreement signed with Warner’s Cayman company and a damning May 3, 2002 confidential report by former FIFA General Secretary Michel Zen-Ruffinen reveal an abuse of authority, self-serving deals and the raw pursuit of personal profit.

From all of the evidence, Warner not only took advantage of any money-making opportunity to come his way, he created opportunities to grow his family fortune. The evidence also showed a complete disregard for accounting rules and built-in conflicts of interest.

In his first tickets racket in 1989, Warner, the then general secretary of the Trinidad and Tobago National Football Federation (TTFF) risked public safety by printing some 20,000 tickets more than the national stadium could accommodate for a crucial World Cup qualifier with the United States.

Nearly 35,000 people crammed into the stadium, thousands more could not get in and the maxi taxi that was taking the national team inside the stadium was mobbed, according to the then national coach Gally Cummings.

He recalled tense moments when angry fans unable to get inside the Hasely Crawford Stadium hurled abuse at the players and used their fists to pound on the vehicle transporting the team.
The players were rescued by members of the Defence Force.

Relations between the former professional player-turned national coach and Warner soured when Cummings refused Warner’s request to go on national TV in the aftermath of the ticketing scandal with a script that said the game was not oversold. Cummings said Warner had him fired and blacklisted from professional coaching jobs in St Vincent and Grenada, among other places where Warner/Concacaf-influence had currency.

He said subsequent offers to coach the national Under-17 team and other football prospects were withdrawn after Warner’s spite and intervention got in the way. He said the powerful football figure wielded tremendous influence in the region and more than 20 years later: “To this day, I cannot get a job as a national coach.”

Cummings, who has a passion for the game and country, filed a complaint with the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) in 2010 which after 18 months determined that his complaint against Warner had “no status”.

He said he has no idea what that means and his enquiries were met with a rude response.
Warner escaped unscathed from the 1989 ticketing debacle and by 2006, he had finessed his game.
He made millions of dollars touting 2006 World Cup tickets at inflated prices on the black market in a scam that used his family travel business as a front for tour packages to matches involving England, Mexico and Japan.

The World Cup ticketing deal was run through Simpaul’s Travel Service, a family-owned Port of Spain agency which had also been gifted with all of the travel business of the national football federation of which Warner was special adviser and his key lieutenants Oliver Camps and Richard Groden were top officials. Groden had secured Simpaul’s credentials with FIFA’s Ticketing Office (FTO) by naming the agency as the official tour operator of the TTFF.

Warner was identified in a FIFA-commissioned report by auditors Ernst & Young as having bought World Cup tickets which were then re-sold at up to four times their face value.

A unique ticket bar code number led auditors to a customer reference number which trailed right back to Jack Warner, then a powerful FIFA vice-president and deputy chairman of FIFA’s Finance Committee.
According    to     the    Ernst &  Young report, Warner’s son, Daryan collected an initial order placed for World Cup tickets for different matches at the Intercontinental Hotel in Germany on June 14, 2006. The documents trail showed that the Warner-collected tickets changed hands with a Florida-based tickets agency, Kick Sports Inc which in turn sold the tickets to a Swiss Travel company, GTU Travel AG for Euro 400 apiece, collectively Euro 80,000, a staggering Euro 60,000 more than face value.

The Ernst & Young report said the FIFA ExCo (Executive Committee) member paid for the tickets with his credit card and that an additional order placed with the FTO on June 23, 2006 for 1,245 tickets for second round matches was refused. Warner’s game was busted by GTU which filed a grievance complaint with the FTO in Berlin after Kick Sports failed to deliver all of the tickets within the agreed to timeframe.
The Swiss company claimed that it was forced to find alternative sources for the prized tickets at considerable expense to the company. The auditor’s report identified Kick Sports as a business partner of Simpaul’s Travel Services. The Warner family-owned business was also running another scam selling World Cup ticket packages straight out of the member Association’s allocation.

The agency’s initial orders for accommodation relating to the packages under scrutiny were made in June 2005 through FIFA’s World Cup Accommodation Services (FAS). The Warner agency also made separate ticket requests to the FTO, according to the Ernst & Young report, which found that the packages were sold to local fans and agents around the world at vastly inflated prices.

Daryan Warner, the agency’s managing director initially agreed to co-operate and met with investigators in Manchester but later changed tack, saying he had no more information to provide. He confirmed that some of the payments to FAS were made through one of his private companies, Nauti Krew, which has as its registered address, 31 Sunset Drive, Bayshore.

Ernst & Young reported that information requests made to Daryan Warner for specific bank details for payments and receipts were refused.

He told investigators he saw “no middle ground” to the situation and that in his view, the matter was potentially more damaging to FIFA than to him. 

He also instructed several related parties to ignore FIFA’s requests for information. The Warner agency was said to have made about US$1 million in profit and Jack Warner was found guilty of violating FIFA’s code of ethics.

Private minutes of a 2006 FIFA ExCo meeting record members “disapproval” of Warner’s lack of integrity but in a strong defence of the man he once described as “a wonderful and loyal friend”, Blatter countered that there was “no concrete evidence” that the vice-president himself had played an active role in the ticketing scandal.

And, as with the all the other Warner-related scandals, the FIFA oligarch had Jack Warner’s back when the going got tough.

In his bid to downplay Warner’s role in the affair, Blatter said: “The Executive Committee has expressed its disapproval over the conduct of Mr Warner. This disapproval of the conduct of the vice-president draws his attention to the fact that he should be more prudent and cautious when it comes to ticketing and should also oversee the activities of his son a little more. That is all there is to say in relation to this affair and we now consider the matter closed.”

Blatter said it would be up to the FIFA administration whether Warner’s family travel business would be allowed to sell tickets for future World Cups.

The disciplinary committee of the world football governing body also rejected Warner’s criticism of the then FIFA general secretary Urs Linsi, FIFA’s Administration and the auditors engaged to investigate the ticketing affair, Ernst & Young.

Daryan Warner was later made the fall guy in the ticketing case and was secretly fined close to US$1 million by FIFA. British investigative journalist Andrew Jennings was the first to report details of the fine in his book, Foul: The Secret World of FIFA.

Jennings wrote that the Warners had paid only US$250,000 in December 2006.

Blatter’s goodwill to Warner ensured that the former ExCo member escaped any sanction despite FIFA’s ruling that he was guilty of an ethics violation. Warner told FIFA that he and his wife, Maureen had sold their shares in the travel company and had no idea he had violated any rules. Of course, he omitted to mention that two $1 shares were sold at the height of the tickets racket in 2006.

Warner, his wife Maureen and sons Daryan and Daryll all came off the company director registry in 2006 but were re-installed as directors of the travel agency by August 21, 2009.

And as before, FIFA Media provided a general response about corruption reform to a specific question relating to the governing body’s failure to impose any disciplinary action in the face of its own guilty ruling in the ticketing case involving Warner.

—Continues
next Sunday

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: May 11, 2013, 08:57:40 PM »
Part X? I didn't realize Camini was still going ...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: $100m & MORE MISSING (Sunday Express)
« Reply #2239 on: May 11, 2013, 09:24:10 PM »

She hot for Warner
Youtube Channel

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: May 12, 2013, 05:56:29 AM »

She hot for Warner

After his attempt to embarrass her when he leak her story to all media houses she going after him ruthlessly. The funny this is that she simply presenting the truth. In spite of all these facts that are out there, Warner is still a free man seeking political office and because of activities past he can boast about catering to a constituency of citizens, is an indication of how much of a rancid society we are.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 05:58:17 AM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #2241 on: May 24, 2013, 09:52:55 AM »
Maybe this thread should have been titled "Trinis in Inaction"

Vicky Boodram and her husband have been charged that in 2010, they allegedly took more than $1.3 million from 109 people through fraudulent means and transferred it to themselves and the company, Travel and Ship Ahoy Cruise Ltd.

HAIRDRESSER Summer Bristol and sound engineer Shawn Davis along with two other individuals are to appear in a Port of Spain court to answer charges of fraudulently obtaining almost $3 million from First Citizens Bank (FCB).

At the height of the Section 34 controversy, a sophisticated laser spying device was discovered in the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), Roger Gaspard, SC. T&T Guardian investigations revealed the device was detected in November last year inside the conference room of the DPP’s office at the Winsure Building, Richmond Street, Port-of-Spain.

Yet, he does not direct an investigative team assigned to his office to find out who planted such a device.
No charges are brought on Jack Warner for fraudulently obtaining over $100 million dollars from the people of Trinidad and Tobago. Meanwhile, he is free to live it up and the other small people are looking at time in prison. If that is not the height of inaction and hypocrisy on behalf of the so called law enforcement professionals in T&T then I don't know what is.

Not to mention a friggin Attorney General who admitted the other day he knows nothing about criminal law. Are you f$%king kidding me?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A tongue-in-cheek political obituary on ex-FIFA VP Jack Warner
« Reply #2242 on: May 29, 2013, 05:48:09 AM »
Good response Sam, Lasana have one style and a personal problem with Jack, I  sure if Jack have give him money he too would have been in Jack back pocket.

They all want to be like Jack.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: May 29, 2013, 04:58:03 PM »
Warner and Blazer must face the law, says FIFA official

(Reuters) - Former CONCACAF leaders Jack Warner and Chuck Blazer should face the full force of the law for their alleged misdemeanors during the two decades that they ran the confederation, Domenico Scala, the head of FIFA's Audit and Compliance Committee said on Wednesday.

"In the case of Jack Warner and Chuck Blazer this has far bigger implications than just (FIFA's) Ethics Committee, or the rules of the game," Scala said at a rare media briefing the day before FIFA's annual congress starts.

"There is sufficient suspicion that they have gone against the law and this will become an issue for the FBI and the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) in the case of taxation.

"So here the Ethics Committee and the world of FIFA stops - and people who have gone against the law will have to deal with the law."

Former FIFA vice-president Warner from Trinidad & Tobago, who was the president of CONCACAF for 21 years, and Blazer of the United States, his general secretary for most of that time, were both members of FIFA's executive committee.

Warner turned his back on football after being implicated in a bribery scandal in 2011, while Blazer has also left the game although, on a technicality, he is suspended from FIFA's executive committee until Friday.

The two men were vilified in a report commissioned by CONCACAF, the confederation responsible for soccer in North and Central America and the Caribbean, and published at their Congress in Panama in April after the examination of 5,000 documents and the testimony of 38 individuals.

"If you read the CONCACAF integrity report it does not say anything positive or polite (about them)," said Scala, a 48-year-old Swiss industrialist who is charged with enforcing new financial controls at FIFA as well as guiding the body's reform process on to the statute books.

"It's a horrible document so therefore whatever they are saying today is frankly useless and worthless because, over an extended period of time, they abused the system.

"I cannot judge on the other cases (of FIFA corruption) as I have no insights but I think it is a stretch to say now that what happened in CONCACAF happened in all the confederations.

"But here we have two individuals who behaved the way they did. Do we have other cases like this at FIFA? Maybe, I don't know, but we have to face facts; we have to be very careful of accusing everybody because we have had 10 years of accusations and allegations and suspicions."

Scala said he had spoken to Warner's successor as CONCACAF president, Jeffrey Webb, adding: "I said this to the new CONCACAF president - this issue is now one for the government entities and has passed (beyond) the FIFA world."

Scala said that as a result of greater scrutiny of FIFA's planned development grants, projects in seven countries had been halted because of concerns over accounting.

"From now on, no matter what went on in the past, we are going to make sure that FIFA's development money is used for the purpose it is intended," he said.

(Editing by Clare Fallon)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 06:15:09 PM by Flex »
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: May 29, 2013, 07:44:36 PM »
Wonder how upbeat Warner is now on hearing this latest news!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: May 29, 2013, 08:54:09 PM »

All it means is FIFA wash their hands. Deflecting from any potential further investigations with FIFA. ie: Sepp inept
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: May 29, 2013, 09:04:50 PM »

All it means is FIFA wash their hands. Deflecting from any potential further investigations with FIFA. ie: Sepp inept
Hmmm   :thinking:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: July 05, 2013, 04:18:04 PM »
Regardless of what Kamla decides to do, the Opposition needs to declare a vote of no-confidence in this Government.  Given their overwhelming majority, the PP will likely retain power, and possibly emerge stronger for it... but it will send a message to both the government, but more importantly, the electorate.

I somehow missed this... funny that when I suggested the motion of no confidence, some men was making it seem so outrageous or out of the question, when in fact that is exactly what Rowley ended up doing on May 20, exactly a month later.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/46GQd_CuSsU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/46GQd_CuSsU</a>

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #2248 on: July 05, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »
Back in April, 2013, a suggestion was made by none other than Anil Roberts, that the CONCACAF report investigation leading into the misdeeds of one, Jack Warner, be further investigated, was never voted on by members of this current administration for one reason or another, rendering any further investigation into the matter, mute or null and void.
In April of the same year, the same Sinister of Parliament, said he never abused his power. That is also questionable.
The same year in question, the leading authority in the field of law enforcement in the country, Attorney General Ramlogan, said he was not familiar with criminal law, subsequently, the matter was not taken up by the DPP for further investigation, nor was it referred to by the PM for further investigation by the appropriate authorities. In May of 2013, the Sinister of National Security said he hired this and that to clear his name of all charges but have yet to do so.
Is it any wonder why things are the way they are?
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

1]; } ?>