March 28, 2024, 05:14:08 AM

Author Topic: Local players upset with World Cup pay.  (Read 6306 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Local players upset with World Cup pay.
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2006, 11:56:41 AM »
ent dem fellas was getting paid for playing? :-\ so then they get what was due to dem already......dem fellas should glad they getting something - they getting a lil change plus they getting to see trini play inthe world cup  ;D --------------on tv...

People saying that how them fellas help we qualify..buh at the same time, they almost help we NOT qualify also.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2006, 12:04:25 PM »
this is what i dont understand

yuh get pay fuh doing yuh job now yuh complaning bout yuh bonus

come and join de military nah man and tell meh how long allyuh go last.

do yuh job and be happy nah man. if yuh get ah bonus thank jah and move on.

yuh get drop well hard luck but stop causing all kinda drama.

wham to de days when men wanted to wear the red, white and black just to be called nashie and be satisfied
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2006, 12:32:29 PM »
IAs a Coach myself i think if there is one person that should be paid it's Bsc regardless to what he had a tough job.

Coops just to clarify
are u saying BSC should get a bonus??

Ah don't agree with that statement Coops. the man was fired because he was incapable of doing the job he was hired to do.

Imagine you in a big company. They hire you to increase the viability of the company or some shit like that (i'm not a business major). Only to realise .....that you is ah shit snake ....and the company no better than before you started. So You get fired.

They hire a hot shot financier or something ..... and money start to roll in the company. They decide to pay a bonus to the employees for all the hard work they doing presently in the company.

All of a sudden all the men who get fired for the shit they was doing jump up and say ..well i need something to for the job i used to do but wasn't good at.

In the real world ........ that shit can't happen. You wasn't good enough so we let you go. Simple as that ..... don't come trying to reap the benefits of the work people capable of doing it getting.

I like this,i get your point,good reasoning though.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2006, 12:40:08 PM »
That company model not fitting.

None of the players were "fired".  Dat is just dotish talk.

Only one battalion could go on the field at a time but we have plenty Warriors who have served in this war and remain available for duty.   ;D

Lemme find one for BSC.
Is like when the local police (BSC) start gathering evidence on a crime and then the FBI take over from the Sheriff when they realise is a big case.  When the ting solve the local police getting some small props.
Dat one is a bit of a stretch   :rotfl:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2006, 01:07:39 PM »
this is what i dont understand

yuh get pay fuh doing yuh job now yuh complaning bout yuh bonus

come and join de military nah man and tell meh how long allyuh go last.

do yuh job and be happy nah man. if yuh get ah bonus thank jah and move on.

yuh get drop well hard luck but stop causing all kinda drama.

wham to de days when men wanted to wear the red, white and black just to be called nashie and be satisfied
This is the most sensible thing i've read on this topic because i can relate to those days,thanks for reminding us all about the good old days.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2006, 01:14:31 PM »
IAs a Coach myself i think if there is one person that should be paid it's Bsc regardless to what he had a tough job.

Coops just to clarify
are u saying BSC should get a bonus??
The thing is i don't think Bsc was fired because he was offered the assistant Coach job and turned it down,he was just replaced.
  If every one is getting something i think he should.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2006, 01:25:47 PM »
Them good old days long gone all about money, not about wearing the shirt.

Wonder if u ask pros in Europe that have previous WC experience.  true vets 
then ask them if wearing the national colors mean a lot?  or playing in your 3rd WC?  Off the record.

I would not be suprised a lot would say they wuld rather not.  rather rest go on holiday, lime with family,avoid injury. etc

pro rate the players money based on onappearances, mins whatever.  As for BSC no loot.  nothing personal no local coach vs foreign ting etc.  released fired whatever u call it=$0.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2006, 01:50:45 PM »
I think it's a little bit of both because representing your country can be a big boost for your career,contracts etc one enhances the other,to get a contract now it's all about how many caps you have,that's how they rating you.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2006, 02:06:06 PM »
I was talking to this guy once his dad is a bigUS caoch, german descent.  He had contacts in US soccer and he got a job like a liason thing with the german natl team  94 WC.

HE said those guys the older ones that played WC before and had good contracts-they were not really into it.  outside of public view could care less

I did not know if to believe him.  it's a WC every player's dream.  Said a few of them were like been there, done that, won it in 90.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2006, 02:48:07 PM »
::)
nodoby even mention dat Mr. HASLEY CRAWFORD name get spell wrong
aye Morvantman, Hasely must be de Barbadian!

:rotfl:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 02:49:54 PM by Peong »

1]; } ?>