March 28, 2024, 06:55:01 PM

Author Topic: Germany Announces Visa Restrictions For Fans Travelling With Their National Team  (Read 2166 times)

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
Germany's Foreign Ministry announced today that fans travelling from eleven different countries will need a Visa in order to be allowed entry into the country.

Fans with passports from Angola, Ivory Coast, Ecuador, Ghana, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Serbia and Montenegro, Togo, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia and Ukraine will all require a Visa to enter Germany.

However, the German Government pledged to reduce the paperwork involved in the procedures to make it as easy as possible.

WorldCupLatest.com suggests to any fans wishing to travel from the countries mentioned above to get in contact with the nearest German Embassy or Consulate, in order to find out the paperwork required.

No Football Association has returned any unsold tickets and tickets available through FIFA are many times oversubscribed, with a ballot determining the lucky holders.

German Authorities have asked help from the Army in order to ensure safety, because some delegations are considered to be high risk targets for terrorists. There will be many politicians who are well known football fans and other VIP guests visiting.

With the USA, England, Australia, Italy, Japan and Spain national football teams travelling to Germany, the country will enforce strict security measures, sites hosting tournament matches will be militarised zones, as exactly happened in Athens during the 2004 Olympic Games.

The German government is also worried about the visitors who will want to immigrate to the country, taking advantage of the volume of visitors to Germany.

The World Cup is the only tournament with bigger audiences than the Olympics. 32 national football teams have qualified for the World Cup 2006, including hosts Germany

source: http://www.worldcuplatest.com/node/1599

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
They must see us as a'warrior' nation see how that name creating havoc  and varied perceptions.?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
slap in the face....manning should tell dem they need visa to visit tobago.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Nothing new here. These are just the countries that needed visas all the time anyway. Hopefully, they actually will cut out some of the usual paperwork.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
slap in the face....manning should tell dem they need visa to visit tobago.

yuh mad
for all them "land sharks" in Tobago join the bread line or wha

Més que un club.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Nothing new here. These are just the countries that needed visas all the time anyway. Hopefully, they actually will cut out some of the usual paperwork.

horse, watch the ride very carefully...see who missing -
you know what mexicans have to do to cross the border right here by me, and you telling me they doh need no visa to go to Germany.
if our leaders had any balls they would do like Brazil and anytime we get a raw deal like this, put their citizens through the same hoops.   Dat does get dem real mad.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I nderstand what yuh saying bounty, but we cyah cut off we nose to spite we face.. I believe we have a lot more Germans visiting T&T than T&T nationals visiting Germany... Who would lose out more if we put them through hoops to visit T&T??? I think T&T stands to lose a lot more, moreso Tobago..

MickeyRat

Some ah all yuh men does talk real shit when all yuh ready yuh know.  A VISA in today's world (POST 911) is used to TRACK incoming immigrants and visitors into a particular country who may enter for specific purposes and for a specific length of time.  This is a security issue.  Look at some of the countries on the list.  Also, this is an Immigration concern for Germany as well.  You know how many people will be over staying their time (illegals) and wanting to eventually seek residence in Germany.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History

horse, watch the ride very carefully...see who missing -
you know what mexicans have to do to cross the border right here by me, and you telling me they doh need no visa to go to Germany.
if our leaders had any balls they would do like Brazil and anytime we get a raw deal like this, put their citizens through the same hoops.   Dat does get dem real mad.

Mexican nationals have not needed a visa in Germany for a 90 day visit. Hey I grew up in California and know all about the border.

See the complete list
http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/www/en/willkommen/einreisebestimmungen/liste_html

Offline lihalquay

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Every country has a right to protect their borders how they see fit.  Some countries pose more of a problem than others.  If a person feels that it is a 'slap in the face' you don't have to visit the country.

1]; } ?>