April 28, 2024, 09:29:35 PM

Author Topic: Rub de salt in Kerron Clement, rub de salt!  (Read 19177 times)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rub de salt in Kerron Clement, rub de salt!
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2005, 10:52:23 AM »
Dat is all B.S.  De best will appear in de World's, Olympics and de Golden League.  So Ato and DB doh run with de best.  Dat is news to me.  Maybe he talking about in practice.  Look at Ato's former training partners with de H.S.I. club.  His passport did not prevent him from training with de most elite runners.  Hogwash I say.  Kerron could fool plenty but not me.  He sounding like ah child in a candy store...overcome wit excitement.  My grandmother used to say - doh go and eat out in restaurant or shop fuh food on an empty belly because yuh go overdo it (impulse will get de better of yuh).  In dis case is jes Kerron's over exuberence talking...he happy he is a yankee.  Dat is all.  Look how he wrap up in dat flag.  At least Marion Jones does carry two flag with she - U.S. and Belize...not dis lil bitch.  Fus is de headache dat is Trinidad.  Den we hear de administration miss de boat.  Now, he want to run with de best.  What other excuses he have?  The way he going, ah seeing ah political career in de future.  Dat steroid shit jes buss de U.S. throat.  Dey still decent in 100 and 200 but they do not have de stranglehold dat dey used to from 100 thru 800...hurdle events included.  Dey still have de relays down cork though.  Dis is jes another side show from a lil boy who cyah even drink ah beer fuh another two years in his adopted country.  Mix breed, cross breed, mongrel, pothound..one and de same.  Let we call a spade a spade - TRAITOR.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 11:53:10 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2005, 03:36:53 PM »
I agree but I will lay the blame for this at the feet of his unpatriotic Trini parents! It was their duty to instil in their son his Trini idenity so that he won't be lost for the rest of his adult life. Looks like the parents are just as lost as Kerron!

Ah gorn
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 03:51:37 PM by Tallman »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2005, 10:42:40 AM »
These articles raises the competing tension that some athletes encounter: at one spectrum there is the innate sense of patriotism/ nationalism and even pride to compete for one's country; at the other end is the current perceived reality of economics, personal development, personal fulfilment, and accessibility to resources.

On a larger sacle one could think of the  luring of our national athletes as a form of imperialism, exploitation, economic 'bullying.' Poorer nations are constantly seeing their athletes opting for the 'greener pastures' of nations who could buy/steal these athletes sense of heritage, national identity and pride for a nation of birth.

The need or desire to represent one's country is overshadowed by the wanton exploitation of these colleges which offer scholarships and monetary and other rewards  to the athletes. Soon the athlete feels compelled to repay to honour and to be at the mercy of the 'hands who feeds" The cry of "what has my contry doen for me should be replaced for what I can do fo rmy country."

The desire to escape the improvish background and the lack of  world class facilities cannot be denied but I do have a difficult time in seeing how a person could lose that sense of "HERITAGE" and Natitional identity.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2005, 04:42:41 PM »
Dat is all B.S.  De best will appear in de World's, Olympics and de Golden League.  So Ato and DB doh run with de best.  Dat is news to me.  Maybe he talking about in practice.  Look at Ato's former training partners with de H.S.I. club.  His passport did not prevent him from training with de most elite runners.  Hogwash I say.  Kerron could fool plenty but not me.  He sounding like ah child in a candy store...overcome wit excitement.  My grandmother used to say - doh go and eat out in restaurant or shop fuh food on an empty belly because yuh go overdo it (impulse will get de better of yuh).  In dis case is jes Kerron's over exuberence talking...he happy he is a yankee.  Dat is all.  Look how he wrap up in dat flag.  At least Marion Jones does carry two flag with she - U.S. and Belize...not dis lil bitch.  Fus is de headache dat is Trinidad.  Den we hear de administration miss de boat.  Now, he want to run with de best.  What other excuses he have?  The way he going, ah seeing ah political career in de future.  Dat steroid shit jes buss de U.S. throat.  Dey still decent in 100 and 200 but they do not have de stranglehold dat dey used to from 100 thru 800...hurdle events included.  Dey still have de relays down cork though.  Dis is jes another side show from a lil boy who cyah even drink ah beer fuh another two years in his adopted country.  Mix breed, cross breed, mongrel, pothound..one and de same.  Let we call a spade a spade - TRAITOR.

I dey with yuh Savannah... and dis man boldfaced to say he love trinidad. He have no f@#%ng shame at all. Lewee forget he and move on yes!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2005, 01:58:38 AM »

Just cross my mind that he get his citizenship fast after they see he running good.

The same reasons he get his citizenship is why people was arguing for Seabra.
Except Seabra ain't all that hot so he couldn't warrant having to go to parliament.

Well, score another one for the US.  They will gladly take them in a heartbeat no two ways about it and he sure as hell ain't the first to go I'm sure.

One thing though...if I was a US citizen I would not want a Kerron Clement representing me because he has already made it clear what his motives are...bling.  The Olympics for the yanks is all about teary eyed patriotic moments and he ain't no patriot.

Give me a Seabra anyday who genuinely want to represent his new country...whether he is a star boy or a squad player once he live here long enough and it have enough evidence to suggest his intentions are legit.  He has contributed to the development of the Pro League at home.

1]; } ?>