April 27, 2024, 07:44:30 AM

Author Topic: FIFA distances itself from Warner  (Read 5864 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
FIFA distances itself from Warner
« on: January 20, 2006, 09:08:33 PM »
FIFA distances itself from Warner.
By Lasana Liburd (Express).

FIFA, the world governing body for football, continues to distance itself from the business dealings of its own vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) president Jack Warner after revealing that Simpaul's Travel Company's 2006 World Cup ticket package was improper according to its guidelines.
Simpaul's Travel-which is owned by Warner, his wife, Maureen, and sons, Daryan and Darryl-is offering a World Cup package including match tickets but exclusive of airfare for $30,000 each. Its advertisement reads "Ticket or leave it".
However, FIFA press officer John Schumacher said that Simpaul's package might be improper according to laws governing ticket issued to Participating Member Associations (PMA) like Trinidad and Tobago.
"Packaging tickets with other services is not permitted," said Schumacher, via e-mail.
This is addressed in Article 3.7 of Exhibit B (FIFA Regulations relating to Tickets) of the Participating Member Association (PMA) Ticketing Allocation Agreement (TAA), which states:
"Tickets may not be sold as a part of a package, or made available on the condition that other product(s) and/or service(s), including without limitation, catering, accommodation and/or transportation, are also purchased."
Schumacher explained that newly appointed auditors, Ernst & Young, would investigate to ensure "transparency and correctness in all aspects of FIFA World Cup ticketing".
"It would be premature to speculate as to any disciplinary actions concerned with breaches of the TAAs," wrote Schumacher, "as we in the Media Department are not in a position to pre-judge something that would be a matter for the relevant body to decide upon, after careful consideration of all the facts."
The FIFA Media Department refuted the claim by Warner that the T&TFF did know how many tickets they were allocated for local fans wishing to attend matches at the 2006 World Cup in Germany.
"At this point in time, no one in T&T really knows, except perhaps a creature called Liburd who in T&T will get World Cup tickets, what quantity they will receive or the criteria which will be used in the determination of ticket allocation," Warner said at a press conference on January 3, 2006.
FIFA insisted that the T&TFF have known otherwise for the past three months.
"The Participating Member Associations (PMAs) received the Ticketing Allocation Agreement (TAA) in November 2005," wrote Schumacher.
Andreas Herren, the head of FIFA's media department, also denied the assertion by T&TFF press officer Shaun Fuentes that I was blacklisted by FIFA or that the international body played any role in denying accreditation.
"We've been advised by FIFA that (Liburd) would not be accredited to FIFA tournaments," Fuentes told the Express on Thursday. "Apparently he's in their black book, I can't say for sure."
Herren admitted that English writer Andrew Jennings was declared "persona non grata" after "various allegations levelled at FIFA and its President". But he insisted that FIFA has not made any such decision as regarding any other writer.
"Please note that FIFA does not have a black book nor ever had one," said Herren, via e-mail. "One journalist (Andrew Jennings whom as I understand you know) was declared persona non grata for FIFA events a few years ago...Otherwise, all journalists and photographers are eligible to apply for accreditation in accordance with the procedures...
"FIFA does not at all make the call to which journalist/photographer the accreditations are allotted nor do we issue any advice in this respect to the associations."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 08:24:39 AM by Tallman »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA distances itself from Warner - L Liburd
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 09:56:00 PM »
Lasana bussin some shot dey sah.

Wheeeeeeyyyyyyyssssssss.....
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 10:14:45 PM »
 :applause: yes dats the ways to do it..with facts and good investigating...no cheap shots..the pen is mightier.....

Big Up LL!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 10:32:34 PM »
watch out Warner Bros(and Companies)  probably done own the movie rights to this fiasco...if not, doh Sell Mr Liburd...not for no 1 US dollar....

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 10:32:41 PM »
more to come...allyuh jus sit back and watch.

"Simpaul's Travel-which is owned by Warner, his wife, Maureen, and sons, Daryan and Darryl-is offering a World Cup package including match tickets but exclusive of airfare for $30,000 each. Its advertisement reads "Ticket or leave it".

dat line killing meh. >:(

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »
Lasana Liburd really on a mission to get Jack. The more he write the more money Jack go loose. Jack probably cussing all now.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 10:48:53 PM »
Big up to Truetrini...ah mean Lasana for his tireless work and commitment to exposing this piece of BS by the TTFF.

I hope all the men who were saying that writing letters and showing up the disgraceful handling of the tickets by the TTFF is a waste of time realize that they were wrong.

Truetrini where the kaiso boy? Long time we ent get one.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 10:50:53 PM »
Lasana Liburd really on a mission to get Jack. The more he write the more money Jack go loose. Jack probably cussing all now.

Skins as soon as ah read last week that Ernst & Young get involve that means FIFA realize that Jack doing something he ain't suppose to be doing, so ah say to mehself "shit going and fly".

The word FRAUD comes to mind.
For some strange reason, ah feel more (bigger) men involved in this thing...is just Jack and he little tribe is just the start up to another bachannal.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 11:04:38 PM »
Jack go probably get a slap on he wrist. 

Most damaging effect to him is dat if he ever had desgns on the FIFA Presidency (which he hinted at, providing T&T had qualified for the WC) this negative press not goin to do his aspirations to that position any good.  Den again....George Bush was elected president of the United States...TWICE....so negative press and alleged immoral actions eh necessarily a detractor fuh high positions (sorry truetrini...no offence...ah know how sensitive yuh is when people even slightly criticise yuh commander in chief)  ;)

Lasana better watch heself.  Dey say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.  I eh think dey coin dah phrase when Jack was around or else it may well have been a different saying today.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 11:07:50 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006, 12:33:22 AM »

I more want to believe Mr Liburd reporting will serve to benefit the football organization, rather than get Jack. If it make Jack a little straighter ok..ok...look a little staighter, all the better for T&T...buh with it all, ah wouldn't say getting rid of Jack will benefit T&T football....I think we could benefit from Jack's working with others, rather than him working on others
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 01:28:06 AM by maxg »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 03:50:41 AM »
Shaun Fuentes just love it, he like Jack puppy, no wonder he dont do a good job writing because he all up in Jack business when he should just focus on doing his dam job.... like he fighting to be Jack right hand man....

Good job Lasana,,,,,, Jack "Don King" Warner will burn and I hope he fall hard !!!!!!!!!! because he killing poor people and his own too...

Jack dont feel bad or what,,,,,, having a setta man with no back bone working for him... them in not yuh true friends... but then again, who is, I guess you have to continue buying your friends...

De government should seize de TTFF.... and clean house, from Jack Warner go down..... to much mafias involved... a bunch of thiefing bastards..... lauging in yuh fast, begging poor people to support de team and then stabbing them in they back......

De people dont have de balls to stand up, de TTFF go throw a big fete and catch nuff man...

DON'T SUPPORT JACK WARNER AND THE TTFF......

Jack should be happy to get a full T&T support in Germany so our players will feel right at home.... but no, its all about Jack and Jack alone..... like de under 17 world cup in T&T (2001) wasn't enough or what..
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 04:06:56 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 06:54:30 AM »
Shaun Fuentes just love it, he like Jack puppy, no wonder he dont do a good job writing because he all up in Jack business when he should just focus on doing his dam job.... like he fighting to be Jack right hand man....

Ah feel we a little hard on little Shawn.... he only doing his job ! I hope no one ever saw him as a serious journalist in his role as media officer for the TTFF . his role is to promote the TTFF no matter what ...not to objectively
report on matters affecting the team. he is not going to say anything which prejudices his piper .... or he wont get accredited to the world Cup !Ha ha ha !!!
i wonder how much longer Lisana has before jack calls in his shareholder´s rights at CCN ?? Lisana could be out of a job soon ...because he took 15 mins more for lunch ???

DON'T SUPPORT JACK WARNER AND THE TTFF......

Jack should be happy to get a full T&T support in Germany so our players will feel right at home.... but no, its all about Jack and Jack alone..... like de under 17 world cup in T&T (2001) wasn't enough or what..

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006, 06:54:38 AM »
Nah the government cannot take-over the TTFF or else we could get expelled from FIFA.

However, Liburd handling Jack the right way.

This expose will burn him in the 2 places it matters most to him, his pocket and his ambition. He losing money off this and it also could prevent him from assuming the presidency of FIFA.

Having said all that, I do kinda agree with the point that it still is bettef for TnT to have him as president of CONCACAF and VP of FIFA.
TnT Patriot

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 07:36:39 AM »
but how truetrini ain't post yet....like he fraid if his archnemisis goes down, he'll be out of a wuk...  :rotfl:
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2006, 08:15:23 AM »
Jack go probably get a slap on he wrist. 

Most damaging effect to him is dat if he ever had desgns on the FIFA Presidency (which he hinted at, providing T&T had qualified for the WC) this negative press not goin to do his aspirations to that position any good.  Den again....George Bush was elected president of the United States...TWICE....so negative press and alleged immoral actions eh necessarily a detractor fuh high positions (sorry truetrini...no offence...ah know how sensitive yuh is when people even slightly criticise yuh commander in chief)  ;)

Lasana better watch heself.  Dey say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.  I eh think dey coin dah phrase when Jack was around or else it may well have been a different saying today.
I agree with you... I somehow believe that nothing will come of this as far as Jack's FIFA position is concerned. Look who the President is; remember the scandals that Blatter went through in such a bold-faced manner, with the able help of one Jack Warner? Morality in public affairs was never a feature of the FIFA executive.
Liburd does not have to worry, as Keith Smith said, there is probably no football journalist with a bigger profile in the world right now than Lasana. The world is his oyster now and he will rise from this. Our people have  a lesson in ntegrity, hard work and persistence that can be learned from Liburd; he will reach far because God is good.

#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA distances itself from Warner
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 09:59:43 AM »
We need more journalists like Lasana, not just in the area of football, but also for TT socio/political/economic issues as well.....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 10:01:28 AM »
Aye, ah did post ah comment awhile back an Sam jus allude to it, FIFA is ah mafia set-up, all yuh feel Jack go be bad listed, tink again. Dat is jus de way dey does do business an doh be surprised dat he get de presidency!!

CHECK DE DANGER!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 10:11:59 AM »
VERY INTERESTING DEVELOPMENT INDEED.

The one negative effect of all of this is the reaction the team is going to get when they step to the field, I fear they will feel brunt of the world's displeasure with Jack's handling and involvement in this matter.

Keep in mind we are now very much in the world news as far as this World Cup is concerned, I am seeing comments on US SOCCERNET, GOAL.COM that are not very complimentary to Jack and the team.

Our warriors will really have to go out and let their game do the talking
GO WARRIORS GO!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 11:10:34 AM by grskywalker »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 11:48:13 AM »

The one negative effect of all of this is the reaction the team is going to get when they step to the field, I fear they will feel brunt of the world's displeasure with Jack's handling and involvement in this matter.

Keep in mind we are now very much in the world news as far as this World Cup is concerned, I am seeing comments on US SOCCERNET, GOAL.COM that are not very complimentary to Jack and the team.

I really don't think it will affect the team's performances on the field or the reaction they're going to get. There may be a few comments made in the press and by commentators, but remember this is about Jacks misdeeds with respect the handling of money. The team/players qualified for the WC as required, so other than being associated with Jack in terms of this ticket scandal I don't see public opinion going against the team. Especially once that whistle blow. Besides, look at the support where getting from many different parts of the world (eg. Iran(?) because we beat Bahrain, Scotland because Latas, Dog, K.Jack, Samuel, etc playing there) and that is despite the ticket scandal.

I think we need to stop worrying about how this go look and how it go affect the team. We need to just support the team and let the sh*t fall where it may with regards to Jack and he dealings.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2006, 12:16:24 PM »

I really don't think it will affect the team's performances on the field or the reaction they're going to get. There may be a few comments made in the press and by commentators, but remember this is about Jacks misdeeds with respect the handling of money. The team/players qualified for the WC as required, so other than being associated with Jack in terms of this ticket scandal I don't see public opinion going against the team. Especially once that whistle blow. Besides, look at the support where getting from many different parts of the world (eg. Iran(?) because we beat Bahrain, Scotland because Latas, Dog, K.Jack, Samuel, etc playing there) and that is despite the ticket scandal.

I think we need to stop worrying about how this go look and how it go affect the team. We need to just support the team and let the sh*t fall where it may with regards to Jack and he dealings.
Nuff Said Mose!!
Ah couldna put it betta mihself. :cheers:

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2006, 12:18:24 PM »
FIFA distancing itself from Jack is definitely not good for us. All of a sudden other conspiracy theories  will be receiving a lot of attention.  For example the number of  extra spots Jack  has gotten Concacaf since being in office?  That half a spot we qualified on is not a guaranteed thing. I not saying we might need it in 2010 but you never know. These questions could also cast doubt on how deserving the team is of being in Germany.

Jack clout definitely  helps  us with securing  international games among other things. I don't like Jack's relationship with the TTFF but I like his clout as FIFA vice president.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 12:20:08 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 12:51:18 PM »
FIFA distancing itself from Jack is definitely not good for us. All of a sudden other conspiracy theories will be receiving a lot of attention. For example the number of extra spots Jack has gotten Concacaf since being in office? That half a spot we qualified on is not a guaranteed thing. I not saying we might need it in 2010 but you never know. These questions could also cast doubt on how deserving the team is of being in Germany.

Jack clout definitely helps us with securing international games among other things. I don't like Jack's relationship with the TTFF but I like his clout as FIFA vice president.

So what if Concacaf get extra spots.  Is not like we were guaranteed automatic qualification because of this.  We still had to fight for a spot like the others.  Every confederation president is supposed tro fight for extra allocation for his region, and that is what Jack did.  In fooice, Jack has served Concacaf well, in terms of getting respect and recognition for the improved performances of its teams in major competitions.  Where he has faltered is in mixing his personal business aspirations with FIFA business.  He has thus opened up himself to scrutiny, in the process erasing and diminishing some of the legitimate achievements he has accomplished during his tenure as president of Concacaf.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2006, 01:47:33 PM »
Well put Tenorsaw. The strongest argument for a federation getting extra spots, is the performance of its members. Sepp Blatter is already talking about getting extra spots for Africa. That means that spots will likely be taken away from other federations. If the CONCACAF teams (all of them) do well at this world cup, it will be hard for anyone to argue that we deserve to lose any of our spots.

And in response to rippin. What is most likely to cast doubt on our deserving to be at the World Cup is our performance on the field. If we go and get 6 and 7 goals in we tail dey will have a right to say that we not ready, didn't belong and Concacaf should  give up de extra 1/2 spot.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2006, 10:20:25 PM »
So what happens if African countries get 5. USA and J'ca get their tail wash in the past so what. Jack is a crook long time do a web search for jack warner and she what is said.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2006, 03:29:45 AM »
So what happens if African countries get 5. USA and J'ca get their tail wash in the past so what. 
If  a set of de African countries get 5 dey not going to get the extra places that Blatter say dey deserve.
J'ca get dey tail wash from Argentina but they went on to beat Japan and dey didn't finish last in dat World Cup, so there was no reason to cut we positions. Also, de reason we get de extra 1/2 spot is because Mexico and US did as well as dey did at the last World Cup.

Remember, a lot of people are already saying we don't belong. If we get we tail wash consistently, we will prove dem right, period!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2006, 02:57:37 PM »
I have two words for all this stuff...TEFLON DON

nothing will come of this and JW will keep on rolling unscathed.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2006, 05:36:19 PM »

pointman you must be over 30 and seen and heard this kinda talk alreday .... people doh realise dat you have the throne and the power behind de throne !! warner is de power behind the fifa President you tink the president even thinking of moving him !! Vote boy votes ...dat is what keeps you in power !!
When de WC start everybody go forget all dis talk ...

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2006, 11:01:53 AM »

pointman you must be over 30 and seen and heard this kinda talk alreday .... people doh realise dat you have the throne and the power behind de throne !! warner is de power behind the fifa President you tink the president even thinking of moving him !! Vote boy votes ...dat is what keeps you in power !!
When de WC start everybody go forget all dis talk ...

I agree....
The funny thing is that Jack probably already make plenty money off the whole ticketing issues.  Trinis have a shallow mind and memory when it come to things like this.  We does seek to fix weself first and see 'bout anything else after.  Later down the road JAck would throw a freeco game...get this...in honour of the patriotism to the team...or some bullshit like that and everybody crowd the stadium and big up Jack again...saying all is forgiven, just doh let it happen again.

Plenty people who could've afforded the $30,000 package rush it because they say at least that price would keep out the rift-raft and dem we see on papers climbing the fence in Sando, Arima and POS to get tickets for the Bharain game.  Man doh care about the principle of the thing....as long as we get to see the team play in peace.

If we call a boycott to all local games, until TTFF clean up they act...it would fail because man want to see the team play.  We doh exercise we rights.  We should all tear a page from Lisana book.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>