April 29, 2024, 02:24:48 AM

Author Topic: I95.5fm Thread.  (Read 91990 times)

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: football forum tonight on i95.5fm @6:15 pm
« Reply #120 on: July 08, 2006, 06:09:32 PM »
Ah find they cutting off/criticising most people who they doh agree with even if they making valid points.

Dissappointing!  :(

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2006, 06:11:03 PM »
everybody is a flippin coach after the game done....

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2006, 06:14:12 PM »
Jeez, d callers aint doing much to help with d madness
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2006, 06:14:30 PM »
everybody is a flippin coach after the game done....

for real...

but i not surprised...plenty people on here was doing the same thing...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2006, 06:20:27 PM »
Jeez, d callers aint doing much to help with d madness

And dat is very very disappointing.

These fellahs might have a legitimate beef with how things done but they talking a whole heap of shyte too!

How it is we have people saying ting like...Leo didn't want to make England look back....Leo do Jason Scotland a wickedness leaving him on the bench.....that is all we could come up with?

You have to wonder if this kinda show might actually propagate rubbish.
I would like to believe it have other people out there who seeing this for what it is but they eh call!!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2006, 06:21:45 PM »
oh god...all of a sudden BSC is a genius....look how he get we that one point...and what a good job he do with a almost 100% local team...Beenie ent discover nobody

Whey d ASS Birchall come from?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2006, 06:23:09 PM »
oh god...all of a sudden BSC is a genius....look how he get we that one point...and what a good job he do with a almost 100% local team...Beenie ent discover nobody

Whey d ASS Bitrchall come from?

I suppose BSC responsible for Whitley too!!

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 08, 2006, 06:24:12 PM »
Everybody ballin bout Latas not playing and poor tactical decisions....what they forgetting is what local ever get T&T to the World Cup...St Clair, and who was incharge before Beenhaker. This nonsense about local coaches doh get as much respect as foreign. let me ask them this, what foreign coach would bother to work fuh T&T unless they get paid decent money and get proper backing. If local coaches want respect...demand it fuh ****sake, instead of just complaining that yuh doh get support.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 08, 2006, 06:27:18 PM »

Whey d ASS Bitrchall come from?

I suppose BSC responsible for Whitley too!!

I was just about to add that to mih original post.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2006, 06:28:44 PM »
This has been among the saddest programs I have ever listened to.

The fact that it had to do with one of my passions....T&T Football....made it even more painful.

Beenie.....you nor Whim or any other foreign coach doh need de headache.  If offered....say thanks but no thanks because we do not deserve what we got.

What happened on November 16, 2005 was a fluke.  Our WC appearance will forever be an anomaly because as sure as sun hot...we eh makin no WC again as long as we have them kinda atitudes prevailin.  Cherish dem memories because dey not happenin again.

People who makin plans to save fuh 2010....allyuh find something better to do with allyuh money.  Life done short as it is.  Put your time and energy into something else.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 06:31:01 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 08, 2006, 06:29:38 PM »
Dat program give meh a royal headache yes, If we really interested in improving our local coaches we need to buy a one way ticket for them out of here, cause if you think teaching players to trap and pass and be physically fit is all you need to know to have international success then we in real trouble.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 08, 2006, 06:31:17 PM »
Dat program give meh a royal headache yes, If we really interested in improving our local coaches we need to buy a one way ticket for them out of here, cause if you think teaching players to trap and pass and be physically fit is all you need to know to have international success then we in real trouble.

g them people who talk are local coaches i
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 08, 2006, 06:31:42 PM »
Imagine aman say leo neva copach he just motivate that is an insult.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2006, 06:33:29 PM »
cause if you think teaching players to trap and pass and be physically fit is all you need to know to have international success then we in real trouble.

For people who wasn't listening one of the people on the panel actually said this eh.  And that Leo came in and didn't do anything different.

The painful part is that they didn't get any opposition even after people call in and we going and get more of the same later on.   :'(

Where Spalk....he mouth big enough to counter all this?

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2006, 06:33:40 PM »
depressing but ah have to agree with you fellas...we have no hope with such narrowminded and bitter local coaches or so-called supporters who seem to be more concerned with conspiracy theories than wether T&T football could improve on the WC appearance.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 08, 2006, 06:39:11 PM »
A man say

1) Beenie ent discover nobody new
2) BSC only had them bad results because he was using many local based players, and many of these same local based players went to the World Cup.
- You know nobody would study to ask well how come Beenie had such better results with the same players?

A man say all Beenie do was motivate the players and a tram psychologist would cost less money.
- I suppose that he didn't put any tactics in place on the field either right?

A man say that Beenie didn't get us to the World Cup. What get us to the World Cup was the match against Mexico
- I suppose we didnt beat guatemala, we didn't beat Panama twice and we didn't even play 2 matches against Bahrain. And that Beenie didn't prepare any of those matches nor the Mexico match.

Men say how a local coach woulda more understand what Latapy mean to the country and wouldn't ah treat him so
- I remember some of these same men saying how sentiment ent have no place in football and that is why Stern whoulda be benching all during the qualifiers

Irrationality is a hell of a thing. I feel whayuhsay is a ventriloquist...oui

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 08, 2006, 06:39:54 PM »
i think this kind of attitude is prevelant in all aspects of our society, not just football. everybody is an expert and no one can tell them otherwise.

unfortunately for T&T football, it seems that our World Cup experience instead of inspiring our coaches to reach for that next level, has hardened their know-it-all attitudes. the only way I can see a T&T citizen successfully coaching us to a WC is if they leave Trinidad and develop their craft overseas.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #137 on: July 08, 2006, 06:40:31 PM »
But they do have some valid points....it real hard to sya that considering how much pile of shyte piled on top of it.
None of these valid points have much to do with Leo...more to do with how local coaches are treated by the TTFF.
If the TD was more in charge of assigning and evaluating coaches I feel there will be less problems. (actually it could have even more if they go after his neck but I mean less problems with following proper protocol)

And I would still like to see Gally involved....youth level maybe but he has to work alongside Lincoln and can't have an agenda to break things up.
Other than that they just sound like abused children looking for attention.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2006, 06:43:50 PM »

If we really want a local coach at the helm for the future, send Anton and other young coaches to Holland or England for 4 years and let him come back for the 2014 campaign with Latas it done too late for 2010, cause at least these are people with coaching ambitions who born here and hopefully they will come back with some experience as a tactician dis will please everybody but unfortunately TTFF doh have dat kinda foresight. We see in this world cup where coaches matching up tactically agianst each other has been in the headlines just as much as the players. The game is changing, these coaches who talk today doh seem cognizant of the change.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2006, 06:46:29 PM »

If we really want a local coach at the helm for the future, send Anton and other young coaches to Holland or England for 4 years and let him come back for the 2014 campaign with Latas it done too late for 2010, cause at least these are people with coaching ambitions who born here and hopefully they will come back with some experience as a tactician dis will please everybody but unfortunately TTFF doh have dat kinda foresight. We see in this world cup where coaches matching up tactically agianst each other has been in the headlines just as much as the players. The game is changing, these coaches who talk today doh seem cognizant of the change.

agreed... i watching games and i feel like i watching a chess match as opposed to football. these coaches on a different level.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2006, 06:47:18 PM »
Welcome to TnT sports.  Any sport. Where everyone is an expert on everything.  Football seems to have it worse, because men swear they know football (based on their vast international coaching experience, I suppose).  I mihself couldn't believe what I was hearing.  I doh necessarily worship at the Beenhakker altar, but I will say this.  The whole Latapy thing is sentiment - if he had played Latapy and he was a liability (as was the case in qualifying, at times) that would have been held against him, too, so he could never have won with that.  The "he didn't do anything a local coach didn't/couldn't do" is pure jealousy.  You have to realize that plenty hard back football men grinding they teeth hard hard to see where TnT reach this year.  In places they don't admit in the daytime, they thinking "I cyar believe that white man come here and make all ah we look bad so - and the players responded to him like never before, too - steups"  

As I always say, since everyone in TnT is an expert, then the tiebreaker should be RESULTS, like in the rest of the world.  Who had the best results?  Beenie did. Talk done.  Whether is obeah, luck, four leaf clover whatever, go back to the man with the results.  I am waiting for someone to acknowledge that he took the oldest team in the tournament almost to round 2.  To focus on what he did NOT do is to insult what in fact he did do - which we are always so great at.  No one is saying the man is perfect, but are you going to build on the nonsense that the rest of them have to show for their time at the helm, or a coaching style that is a tactic change here or there away or a big young star away from a big breakthrough?  What are we going to do now, go back to square one?  Nah man.  We must NEVER FORGET the depths we came from, cuz otherwise is right back there we going, with Turks and Caicos cutting we arse and 10 people in the stadium. to "support".

Let the rest of them take their pettiness, jealousies, insecurities and inabillity and go and scratch.  I have no respect for a man who has accomplished nothing who criticizes someone who has clearly done it better.  If anything, that is the brilliance of the man - "to make everyone feel they could ah do it" that is typical of people who are great at what they do, and Beenie did a great job.  I ent sayin I agree with everything he do, but oh gorsh man, look at where we reach from where we was!

As for us, doh give up on the future, and say "it ent have no hope for 2010" - that is what we do too often.  Doh say it eh have no hope since so and so said this or that.  We are so good at apathy, as Trinis.  Lewwe stop that from now.  Counter with opinions as to what Beenie did right, and what we need to work on.  

I, for example, thought we defended better than most countries in the tournament, but defense doh score goals (unless you have a good counter attack.)

« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 07:03:20 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2006, 06:56:50 PM »
Welcome to TnT sports.  Any sport. Where everyone is an expert on everything.  Football seems to have it worse, because men swear they know football (based on their vast international coaching experience, I suppose).  I mihself couldn't believe what I was hearing.  I doh necessarily worship at the Beenhakker altar, but I will say this.  The whole Latapy thing is sentiment - if he had played Latapy and he was a liability (as was the case in qualifying, at times) that would have been held against him, too, so he could never have won with that.  The "he didn't do anything a local coach didn't/couldn't do" is pure jealousy.  You have to realize that plenty hard back football men grinding they teeth hard hard to see where TnT reach this year.  In places they don't admit in the daytime, they thinking "I cyar believe that white man come here and make all ah we look bad so - and the players responded to him like never before, too - steups"  

As I always say, since everyone in TnT is an expert, then the tiebreaker should be RESULTS, like in the rest of the world.  Who had the best results?  Beenie did. Talk done.  Whether is obeah, luck, four leaf clover whatever, go back to the man with the results.  I am waiting for someone to say he took the oldest team in teh tournament almost to round 2.  To focus on what he did NOT do is to insult what in fact he did do.  No one is saying the man is perfect, but you going to build on the nonsense that the rest of them have to show for their time at the helm , or a team that is a tactic change here or there.  WHat are we going to do now, go back to square one?  Nah man.

Let the rest of them take their pettiness and jealousies and insecurities and go and scratch.  I have no respect for a man who has accomplished absolutely nothing who criticizes someone who has done it better.

As for us, doh give up on the future, and say "it ent have no hope for 2010" - that is what we do too often.  Doh say it eh have no hope since so and so said this or that.  We are so good at apathy, as Trinis.  Lewwe stop that from now.  Counter with opinions as to what Beenie did right, and what we need to work on.  

I, for example, thought we defended better than most countries in the tournament, but defense doh score goals (unless you have a good counter attack.)

Yes Ato preach it

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »

Thanks.  I eh go lie.  I feel real low after hearin what transpire on that program.  And these are people I looked up to as a youth (Not Baptiste and Maynard...but Gally, Vidale & Buggy).  These are people who still in positions of influence in our football.  They are not alone.  Even more "respected" personalities such as Alvin Corneal and Sedley Joseph to name two espouse similar if not more extreme sentiments.  It so bad that some even go to FIFA personnel and say that Beenhakker eh know what he doin.  After de Sweden match...dem same FIFA personnel wonderin wha de hell dis person was talkin about.

I thought to myself...after what we had accomplished, what was achieved by this team, regardless if de coach white, brown, black, magenta or otherwise, would have helped to overcome some of the petty attitudes we have.  I had hoped we would GROW UP.  To hear that not only was I way off the mark, but that attitude got worse than I could ever imagine, STILL blowin my mind.

Right now...is not apathy nah.  Is SHOCK...pure and simple.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 07:10:28 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2006, 07:27:07 PM »
Forgive me 4 not feelin sorry 4 all who depress and who looking to spent their money in Olympics in London in 2012 instead of S/Africa 2010. My question is why u all take yuh good sturday evening to listen do those Morons, Idiots.

Them fellas is dumb for decades. They have their axe to grind and will grind it like chillibibi.

I like Gally he has a role to play but he needs to stop being petty. The man take a bunch of players and with a small amount of planning we could have reached Italy 90.

As 4 Vidale etal them is clown and Andre is the chief clown. All them call in programs in TT is a waste of time. I doh listen because I doh cuss and them does make feel to cuss.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2006, 07:33:30 PM »
We are not the only federation having problems what about
mexico,brazil,argentina and don't forget italy and germany who
thought klinsmann was not good enough to bring them this far and
the list goes on and on. Rough times indeed who say the road to success
would not be rocky but we will get there let's see what the future
holds.
We must stop fighting down each other look at the positives.
Lets build on what we have at present and move forward "united we
stand divided we fall"
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 07:59:38 PM by davyjenny »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2006, 07:36:09 PM »
Another thing mentioned on the show was the complaint of the PFL and how some of the smaller clubs are unable to function with fielding 4 teams (Senior and Youth levels). And that how the national team doesn't have enough of a selection base of 200 plus PFL players and that it have more players out there. But this is why the PFL come up with the promotion/relgation system which will ultimately create a bubble up effect of the best selection to players to choose from.

They also criticize Beenhakker for his lack of player development which was total madness. Cause everybody who see Cyd Grey today and what he was just a year ago will see.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2006, 07:43:59 PM »
The difference with Cyd is like black and white not Grey
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2006, 07:49:02 PM »

They also criticize Beenhakker for his lack of player development which was total madness. Cause everybody who see Cyd Grey today and what he was just a year ago will see.

Yes and Player development is not Leo's role that is the role of the PFL  and them coaches who local coaches who was talking  and others etc  Leo eh come here fuh that he come to coach the senior team.

They have an axe to grind they thinking ah all things to say
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 07:56:15 PM by triniman »

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2006, 08:36:14 PM »
 :'(

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2006, 09:04:49 PM »
Let me associate myself fully with most of what most everyone is saying here.  The sentiments expressed by those fellas is not even worthy of debate.  Several publications have said that Beenie's coaching was the best coaching for the tounament.  If these guys are so good, let them present their CV to the FAs of Poland and Australia among others and lets see if they would get a look in.  Trinidad is full of armchair critics in every sphere,  As the great Eric WIlliams say, "Let the jackasses bray".

1]; } ?>