March 28, 2024, 04:42:39 AM

Author Topic: I95.5fm Thread.  (Read 90966 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I95.5fm Thread.
« Reply #570 on: September 08, 2017, 12:17:19 AM »
no doubt we have a core of talented players( bateau jj molino levi mikail Nathan lewis boatswain hyland )

pullstones, you realize some of these guys and almost every past national player was developed in the rubbish league called the ssfl. Granted the talent coming out in this day and age is no match for concacaf football far-less bigger international football.

I will say again. The proleague will have to come up with money for player development. Right now, what is the situation of the proleague? The water up to its nose hole. They have to beg govt to keep the stipend to keep them afloat. Is that an organization that can run a structured development program. That is why the ssfl will always have the upper hand. Unless the proleague teams come up with money on their own, they will continue to depend on the ssfl. Remember the primary function of the schools is a balance of academics and sports. Some school do a better job that others. Out of that commesse, we get the cream of the crop.

I know this TTFA cannot run an effective development program in this day and age of modern football. The clubs have to set up their academies, with schools. Something like Bradenton in Florida. Where are the clubs getting money to do that. The closest I see is DJW. And the crop of players his organization "developed" is there for you to see.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #571 on: September 08, 2017, 03:09:32 AM »
The callers asked a few good questions.

DJW wasn't really mentioned of course. Other than him being at the CPL game the same night of the Panama game. I guess not much of a big deal.

A lot of references about Hart being the better coach. At the same time DL should be given more time.

A lot of fingers pointed to player commitment and discipline.

Lasana suggested that the TTFA is not coming clean with payments. They make promises to pay knowing that the likelihood of them honoring it is low.

Most agreed that the team was missing KJ as the leader. KM and JJ can't really carry the team like him.

Decent discussion. . Left with more questions than answers though.

Why wasn't the dictator mentioned is the real question?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 08, 2017, 05:58:24 AM »
The discussion was flaccid. Lacked punch. Consistently held the feeling that a key ingredient was missing.

Maybe getting callers in at an earlier stage would have influenced the tone. After all, there is not a shortage of opinions on social media. In this regard the listenership was "short-changed".

The station made an attempt to contact Edgar Vidale, but that was impeded by a poor connection. Probably worked out for the best.

However, since the station called Vidale, the listenership would have had benefit from calls to other persons. Why? The programme could have been improved with the contributions of voices within the game.

Although a variety of subjects were touched, a diversity of opinion did not shine through sufficiently and it appeared that the programme was skirting core issues. For instance, a caller who struck me as being from Tobago asked about Trevin Caesar's absence and the issue of why the player was (1) not re-routed via another city or (2) arranged to arrive in Panama directly was not sufficiently treated.

Although the programme is not investigative in nature, an inquiry of that sort presents an opportunity for dissection without speculation.

Andre asks pointed questions and frequently charges his guests with not answering them, but he ought to recognise that certain answers would never flow from those who were invited.

Perhaps no surprise that Tony Lee rendered clarity and forceful opinions. I have no doubt that other voices would have been equipped to complement Tony Lee's categorical approach.

Andre has a zeal for football and sports, but at times the enthusiasm impacts the discipline and governance of the discourse.

A lot of time was invested in discussing the commitment of the players. Perhaps too much. Less emphasis on symptom and more emphasis on the underlying condition would have been helpful.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 08, 2017, 06:14:15 AM »
The callers asked a few good questions.

DJW wasn't really mentioned of course. Other than him being at the CPL game the same night of the Panama game. I guess not much of a big deal.

A lot of references about Hart being the better coach. At the same time DL should be given more time.

A lot of fingers pointed to player commitment and discipline.

Lasana suggested that the TTFA is not coming clean with payments. They make promises to pay knowing that the likelihood of them honoring it is low.

Most agreed that the team was missing KJ as the leader. KM and JJ can't really carry the team like him.

Decent discussion. . Left with more questions than answers though.

Veiled references? While Butcher reiterated questioning the coaching change and Liburd made a comparison regarding how both coaches were treated after having suffered losses, I don't know that any participant made that particular declaration.

Shabazz suggested that Lawrence's use of his assistants in practice sessions paralleled with what he has observed as a best practice abroad. He was careful not to comment about Hart in this regard, but there was a subtle implication although no insinuation.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 12, 2018, 09:58:29 AM »
So! Based on the recent past, we should be expecting a transmission from this station from Thailand. They've been all over de globe and have helped bridge an information gap for followers of the MNT.

Is it fair to say that whatever "arrangement" exists , between the federation and the patriots at the station, does NOT extend to the WNT?

Relatively speaking the group stage of WWC qualifying was located in a more accessible destination (Cary,  North Carolina) than some of the places these radio voices have been on the men's side.

Does the "arrangement" not extend to the WNT?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:01:24 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 12, 2018, 11:23:45 AM »
So! Based on the recent past, we should be expecting a transmission from this station from Thailand. They've been all over de globe and have helped bridge an information gap for followers of the MNT.

Is it fair to say that whatever "arrangement" exists , between the federation and the patriots at the station, does NOT extend to the WNT?

Relatively speaking the group stage of WWC qualifying was located in a more accessible destination (Cary,  North Carolina) than some of the places these radio voices have been on the men's side.

Does the "arrangement" not extend to the WNT?
It shows how much they care about the women's program. If they were forward thinking they would've looked at the WNT program as an opportunity to gain recognition and open doors for all kinds of opportunities if they were prepared and qualified for the WC. It would've put us on the map across the globe, albeit at a smaller scale but it would've been something for the nation to be proud of and hopefully would've attracted corporate sponsorship.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 12, 2018, 04:18:24 PM »
I have always complained that the WNT always get the short end of the stick.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 27, 2019, 02:57:47 PM »
‎Baldath Kissoon‎ to I955 FM-"The Most Influential Name In Radio"
8 hrs ·

The fearful One Andre Baptiste is still bottoming up to the deposed and disgraced David John-Williams with that stupid football commentary he made this morning. Baptiste is still using his grimy fingers scratching for dirt and sleaze against the new TTFA executive.Is Jet Lee going to allow this joker Andre Baptiste to use the station to influence opinion against William Wallace? Baptiste's time will be better spent trying to see how he can save Dennis Lawrence and David John-Williams from being runaway joint winners of i95.5FM's 2019 Boo Boo of the year Sports award.

What did Andre say?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 23, 2020, 03:55:26 PM »
There was a heated exchange a lil while ago between a caller and Darian Marcelle regarding the remedial work done at the HoF, the time taken to complete the remedial measures vis-a-vis whether the TTFA executive misrepresented the extent of what needed to be remediated, the relevance of it taking place during a situation of de facto emergency and the Arima Velodrome project (described by Marcelle as "dotish"). The caller entered with grace but departed bruised.

One ah allyuh was on the receiving end of that volley? Please come forward.  Share your thoughts. I know you didn't quite have the room to fully develop your position. These days 95 eh taking no prisoners when it comes to football. 

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 24, 2020, 12:56:31 AM »
There was a heated exchange a lil while ago between a caller and Darian Marcelle regarding the remedial work done at the HoF, the time taken to complete the remedial measures vis-a-vis whether the TTFA executive misrepresented the extent of what needed to be remediated, the relevance of it taking place during a situation of de facto emergency and the Arima Velodrome project (described by Marcelle as "dotish"). The caller entered with grace but departed bruised.

One ah allyuh was on the receiving end of that volley? Please come forward.  Share your thoughts. I know you didn't quite have the room to fully develop your position. These days 95 eh taking no prisoners when it comes to football.
i was listening in, it was on the tobago segment of the show. dude said that young vindicated WW when he said the place needed work, but marcelle was angry at the fact that wallace closed the HOF and wanted to build his own place in arima while abandoning the HOF permanently.

now as for this arima project, I have no real knowledge of it and what it was meant for. I think WW did himself no favors by closing this HOF for so long and the fact that he has no real financial supporters and influential friends and backers, make him stand out as an outsider who can’t do a thing for football.

as for John and darian, I think that darian marcelle and john gill have been poisoned by their colleagues andre baptiste and tony lee who are staunch supporters of the old regime, and the most popular narrative of this issue in the media is that fifa is here to restore order for the years of mismanagement of TT football, and we must rubbish that argument and let the public know the real reason why fifa is here,

their overt reason which is to fix the constitution and create a financial blue print for the ttfa to follow, but we know that’s lie and the fake pretext of their take over, while the covert intent is to restore a puppet president to the head of the ttfa, someone that is fifa friendly and willing to tow the line. we sit here and gripe e eryday, but i think is high time we do more for football, like making John public aware of the real narrative behind our football woes and it’s never ending nightmare, and to enlighten the misguided people of trinbago as to who is the real enemies of football in la trinity, instead complaining and doing nothing to help football.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 05:17:52 AM by pull stones »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 24, 2020, 06:54:30 AM »
This whole thing is confusing,

building deemed not up to code closed, was there no attempt to even get the remedial work started ???, if so, why ???, even if there is no money to start actual repairs, at least documenting faults and fast tracking official inspections and estimates could have been undertaken, if not the TTFA could be credibly accused of abandoning the facility, even if not wholly true, ??? ??? so did they pull ah change ah gov't scene and simply seek to abandon d facility because it wasn't their baby ??? because ah cyah back dat, help mih to understand and please restrain yuh biases, if any, I doh like this situation either
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 07:04:12 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 24, 2020, 10:49:04 AM »

building deemed not up to code closed, was there no attempt to even get the remedial work started ???, if so, why ???, even if there is no money to start actual repairs, at least documenting faults and fast tracking official inspections and estimates could have been undertaken, if not the TTFA could be credibly accused of abandoning the facility, even if not wholly true, ??? ??? so did they pull ah change ah gov't scene and simply seek to abandon d facility because it wasn't their baby ??? because ah cyah back dat, help mih to understand and please restrain yuh biases, if any, I doh like this situation either

You can probably get your answers in the following article as well as the embedded video:
https://thettfa.com/news/ttfa-presidents-speaks-on-100-days-in-office/
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 24, 2020, 11:35:20 AM »

You can probably get your answers in the following article as well as the embedded video:

well that all seems fairly straightforward, so what is the issue then, the "embarrassment" caused by publicizing d flaws, I don't understand how one would keep dat info quiet and explain why using the hotel might be problematic at that time. but then given all d pomp and ceremony surrounding d opening, more people than just DJW ego would be bruised by d airing of those concerns

My major concern with the facility was simply that there appeared to be no dedicated fitness\performance center, which for an academy type setting was short sighted at best, criminal at worst
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 11:49:31 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 24, 2020, 11:42:03 AM »
"he TTFA executive misrepresented the extent of what needed to be remediated, the relevance of it taking place during a situation of de facto emergency and the Arima Velodrome project (described by Marcelle as "dotish"). The caller entered with grace but departed bruised."

Ah was afraid this project would be presented as an argument to bite them in the ass. Don't even get why they got involved in that discussion.
Definitely a huge mistake on their part. Wondering if somebody thought the could get something new in the East. Timing sucked.

I really don't get this New Project. Why not work with, finish, complete what y'all have, with whatever finance that can be raised. We go just go out and build another structure. We don't have enough structures just sitting doing nothing. Especially at this time when there is nothing, and I mean nothing.    :frustrated: ???

Is a make wuk to move funds or what.  Lawd..This is another Tarouba elephant or Arima Tigers fiasco.

We playing Sim City, click ah mouse and poof, building going up.   :bs:
This is nonsensical to be talking about now, given the current world and FIFA situation.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 25, 2020, 05:26:12 AM »

well that all seems fairly straightforward, so what is the issue then, the "embarrassment" caused by publicizinge the flaws, I don't understand how one would keep dat info quiet and explain why using the hotel might be problematic at that time. but then given all d pomp and ceremony surrounding d opening, more people than just DJW ego would be bruised by d airing of those concerns

My major concern with the facility was simply that there appeared to be no dedicated fitness\performance center, which for an academy type setting was short sighted at best, criminal at worst
cant agree with you more, the place was just a straight up hotel surrounded by a couple of practice fields, I wonder if they were intending the use the gym at the cycling or the aquatic center?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: November 10, 2020, 03:17:40 PM »
Ah wicked fella called into i95 this morning and described Andre's commentary as being akin to the sound emitted by a large rodent that is being emasculated.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am NOT paraphrasing. Yuh can't make these things up.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 03:20:02 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 13, 2021, 05:57:41 AM »
Today: Spot-on one-minute commentary by Andre Baptiste regarding this match. Totally agree.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 13, 2021, 09:06:46 AM »
Today: Spot-on one-minute commentary by Andre Baptiste regarding this match. Totally agree.

What did he say?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 07, 2021, 06:15:48 PM »
Tony Lee said ~ yuh couldn't watch that match vs Bahamas and not be "very distressed".

Fenwick lose de Fourth Estate completely oui. Vote of NO confidence.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 06:17:21 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Conrad smith on I95.5 talking about Toyota Classic
« Reply #589 on: September 29, 2021, 09:00:48 AM »
Trifactor Podcast sit with Conrad Smith. This was a nice one

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sNzR8nEo2JM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sNzR8nEo2JM</a>
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>