April 26, 2024, 04:27:20 PM

Author Topic: I95.5fm Thread.  (Read 91858 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: football forum tonight on i95.5fm @6:15 pm
« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2006, 09:08:41 PM »
I am disappointed but not alarmed by the sentiments of  what I am hearing from our local football 'experts' ( experts with reservations).

As a starting point?

QUESTION: Has any one of these so called local experts ever been considered for a coaching position with any of the islands in the Caribbean?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 08, 2006, 09:16:23 PM »
Hear d worst one, after the loss against England Beenie stating that he could ask no more of the players and that they are playing against players of higher quality and ability, the panel had the audacity to say that Beenie was distancing himself publically from the team to keep is CV clean....

I could ah only laugh at that one yes........ they putting a negative spin on eveything as opposed to thinking that Beenie was attempting to take pressure of his players.

Aight I done reporting about the madness.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 08, 2006, 09:26:30 PM »
Ignorance is Bliss where these guys are concerned.  But we must remember some of these views were shared by men on this forum.

It is scary to think that 2010 or the future of Trinidad football will be influenced by some of these folks.  I read many of the opinions on this sire and men either blaming the Government or Jack Warner and men not taking the time to understand how the TTFF operates and who are the influential individuals involved with the TTFF other than Jack.

2010 will only be a possibility if we hire someone totally isolated and owing no allegiances with anything or anyone local.  Sad but true.

BP
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 08, 2006, 09:28:50 PM »
Some facts bear noting:
when Beenie took over, we had played 3 games (2 of which were at home) and had 1 point.
Beenie's record in the 7 games were 4 victories - 12 pts with losses against the eventual qualifiers -CR, USA and Mexico (all away from home).  Res ipsa loquitur.  The facts speak for themselves.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2006, 09:30:46 PM »
That show was a sad commentary on the state of football in TnT ......with guys like that it is no wonder that Jack and his cronies maintain their hegemony over TnT football. I wonder how many of them actually taped the games and sat down and started dissecting the systems of play...I wonder how many of them looked at a team like the Czech Rep and try to examine where they went wrong then againg those guys don't need to do that.....they're already the best....

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why I did not call/What we CAn do!!!
« Reply #155 on: July 08, 2006, 09:31:53 PM »
Fellas/ladies, as most of you know, i'd usually call into THIS program, but I'd actually tuned in late, after watching the Germany/Portugal game and only put on the radio from about 7:10. Well as someone said earlier... i am NOT a man to cuss and carry on, but trust me , HAD I called in tonight, Andre would have had to cut me off, because dem fellas was clearly on a "Mash Up Beenie" mission and were not talking nor making ANY sense! Weary my lady, YOU took the words out of my mouth...was nice meeting you in Germany!!! I want to believe that the more football sensible listeners chose NOT to call in as well!

To an earlier poster, Gally CANNOT, I repeat CANNOT be involved in local football in any coaching capacity, because he will NEVER work with/under ANYbody... is Gally's way or NO way!!! A pity really, because i too believe that he COULD contribute something positive at the youth level! If you all think Vidale et al were bitter...allyuh wait on Gally... I saw a part of an interview with him and lincoln last week...he nearly give me a headache too!!!

By the way, did ANY body else hear when Andre said that he'd spoken to Jack (Warner NOT Kelvin), and that he is (ALMOST) 100% certain that Beenie will NOT be back. A PRESS RELEASE/CONFERENCE WILL BE HELD NEXT TUESDAY. This would be SUCH a pity...because whoever comes in now will have to start back from square 1!

I read every post previous to mine, and let me say Ato hit the nail on the head!!! It is up to US, who GENUINELY love Football to make our voices heard and DO something to make sure that we do not lose the great opportunity to build on the sucess of 2005/2006! For those who may want to question WHAT CAN WE DO? Well let me put it THIS way, if a certain Lisana liburd didn't do an EXPOSE on the WC ticket situation that eventually contributed to a FORCED opening up of ticket sales to others BESIDES Simpauls, MANY people would indeed have had to "Ticket or leave it" where Germany was concerned!!! While MOST of us agree that the radio program this evening talked a pile of tata, what WE need to do is formulate a plan of what we would like to see done, make CONSTRUCTIVE criticsms, and provide information and suggestions. E-mail, post or mail it lincoln Phillips, he is a VERY open-minded guy and WELCOMES WN/SW.net and is one of the few (only?) persons associated with the TTFF who always acknowledges us!!!

If WE fail to do anything we really not doing anything much more to assist the 2010 and beyond effort that those buffoons Andre had on today.Ah lie?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2006, 10:56:02 PM »
Fellas it sounded like you'll were shock at the program.Just as the world eyes were open to Trinidad at the world cup,you'll eyes were FINALLY open to the tribal warfare in Trinidad sports.It's not just in football,its in all our top sports,football,basketball,track and field,cricket,even table tennis.
This is what is pulling down Trinidad sports more than anything else....tribalism is the word. 

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2006, 12:34:35 AM »
After reading these comments about the program I doh know where to start my comments.  To respond to all dem $hit Gally and dem men talk will take about 10 paragraphs.  So my comments in ah nutshell is....Right now, foreign is better...we have no choice....local coaches are busy being small minded instead of improving themselves.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2006, 06:11:22 AM »
Lawd....de white man lyrics start.

DE FUNNIEST PART.....Buggy Haynes sayin dat we players doh respeck de local coaches.  If a foreign coach say one ting....de players go listen...but if was a local coach dey eh go listen even doh he tellin dem de same ting as de foreign coach.

He say DE SAME TING happen in 73 with Verity and dat squad.  DE IRONIC TING THO...was that Gally Cummings....de same man he biggin up as dis big local coach...was one a de players on dat 73 team.  So he mus be was one who didn't listen to no local coach eedah.

Dese fellas is pure kicks.  Transparent like oxygen.

I from Tacarigua ....allyuh leave Buggy out ah dis one fuh meh please ... as far as dem other assholes like gally and vidale dey jus sour dat they didn't achieve what Beenie achieve ... true i would have liked to see a local cooach but fact remains they don't have the experience.  So is either they willin tuh step aside an develop a mentoring program for our local coaches alongside a more experienced foregn coach.  or shut dey hole.  an all dey latapy talk ...come nah man ... allyuh really feel dat latas cuda handle joe cole or ashley cole ... dat is another pile ah tata.  football change too much fun men like latas who have the greatest touch on de ball.  sorry ah like latas buh he jus get ah a bligh in de last fuh de sake ah sayin he play in the WC.
Snake in de balliser

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 09, 2006, 06:44:16 AM »
I remember reading an English newspaper and seeing an article on Beenhaaker written maybe a week after the Sweden vs TnT game.  They wrote that of the 4 Dutch coaches at the tournament, up to that point, Beenhakker was the one that stood out the most.  The article went on quite extensively about the man's tactics and really heaped a lot of praise on him.

Now imagine how ah feel.....my chest nearly buss wid pride....dat was my team and team coach dem was writing bout!!!!.....
Even when I popped into France in between games ah was talking to a clerk in a store and he remember TnT from de Sweden game and how impressive the team was....I got the same response from a bunch of Ghana fans....

So ah come back home thinking well yes we good to go for 2010....but like ah wrong  :(  :(
It seems that I cyar go South Africa not cuz ah might not be able to afford but cuz ah eh goh be able to see mih team on de field....
Oh lord.....ah really cyar believe what ah reading from the posts before....ah trying not to be despondent.....but lord it eh easy....

Don Leo wasn't perfect but de MAN WAS DE BEST THING HAPPEN TO WE LOCAL FOOTBALL IN A LOOOONNNNGG TIME!!!.....
Imagine he take a defense that was shaky and all over de place just de weekk before to building a virtual wall...

Yuh really cyar please people nah.....and it really just come down to bad mind and jealousy in de end ah guess....

Ah have to agree wid another poster.....Beenie and Wim if dey offer it, say thanks but no thanks and go yuh way to countries where people more progressive in dey thinking.....

It sad.....real sad..... :(  :(
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 09, 2006, 07:36:23 AM »
I am a relative outsider ... been out of the country with minimal connections for 34 years.

But I still love my country of birth and I'll probably return there to die because I eat some cascadu.

So ah coming at this from a kinda outside view.

After reading the comments about the 95.5 show, I am forced to conclude that T&T footbal administration have a bunch of petty-minded attitudes when it comes to the footbal and what should be done.  Yet, the opinions posted on this forum and particular this post, seem to suggest there are people with a different points of view.  That has to count for something.

Patriot/Ato/Albertatrini/Palos (and I doh mean to offend anybody else who I eh mention) and practically everybody on this thread - you all seem to have a rational views on the subject .. is there any hope in hell of actually formalizing these opinions and making a presentation that will be taken seriously by a person with influence in the hierarchy of T&T national sports?

Or are we just venting and crossing our fingers hoping that T&T will be there in 2010?

At the risk again of offending people ... I do support my adopted country Canada and with all the resources dey have, dey still cyar put together a footbal team.  So now, I have two countries that I love and football in dem is hit and miss.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #162 on: July 09, 2006, 07:47:25 AM »

Gally was only on the show for about 5-10 mins at the start...it was a recorded interview.
So it wasn't a long tirade on his part.

Just letting people know since it was a 2 hour show.

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 09, 2006, 07:52:28 AM »
Pecan:But I still love my country of birth and I'll probably return there to die because I eat some cascadu

allyuh trinis reall good weeee :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 09, 2006, 08:22:27 AM »
I am a relative outsider ... been out of the country with minimal connections for 34 years.

But I still love my country of birth and I'll probably return there to die because I eat some cascadu.

So ah coming at this from a kinda outside view.

After reading the comments about the 95.5 show, I am forced to conclude that T&T footbal administration have a bunch of petty-minded attitudes when it comes to the footbal and what should be done.  Yet, the opinions posted on this forum and particular this post, seem to suggest there are people with a different points of view.  That has to count for something.

Patriot/Ato/Albertatrini/Palos (and I doh mean to offend anybody else who I eh mention) and practically everybody on this thread - you all seem to have a rational views on the subject .. is there any hope in hell of actually formalizing these opinions and making a presentation that will be taken seriously by a person with influence in the hierarchy of T&T national sports?

Or are we just venting and crossing our fingers hoping that T&T will be there in 2010?

Pecan .... that is exactly it ... i HOPE for the best to come of our excellent foray into international football ... but i CERTAINLY EXPECT THE WORSE FROM OUR TTFF AND GOVERNMENT ...when it comes to putting in place a frame work for developing the talent that we have ... in order to mould the raw talent that we have ... for international football ...requres a coach with international experience ... now if that means we send our coaches abroad to get that experience ...why not?  gally and vidale and de ress ah dem have taken a "not made in this country" attitude ... next ting yuh know they benching Me MuM
Snake in de balliser

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 09, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »
Buggy, Vidale and Gally eh do nutten progressive in football in years....so how dem coming tuh be so critical of the coach......is nah bitterness nah is wanting ah piece ah de pie. de scam is tuh push ah dottish head on people...let de masses rise up against Leo for not playing we #10, not necessarily he tactics but de whole Latas ting....den many voices will say thanks Mr. Leo , you served us well, your services are no longer needed. De all think tank which is TTFF go say...dem boy dem make real sence yes leh we buy local... rehire Gally with Buggy as Assit and Edgar as de new TD...and dem 3 Misters share de blue notes. Eh! ah feel dah wha it is we....tuh get ah piece ah de pie.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 09, 2006, 09:46:42 AM »
Gally swinging say what man entitle to their opinion but 1st move is to rid tt football of them clowns running the ttff

Offline chunk-a-loonks

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2006, 09:54:23 AM »
Fellas, I promised that I wouldn't post on this forum again but after listening to the program yesterday, I agree with PATRIOT. I was trying to call in and I know that I would have started to cuss down the place once I had gotten thru. Damn line was only busy.

Every single one of them have Beenie envy. It is a shame.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2006, 02:46:53 PM »
Disgusting I will NEVER NEVER support any of dem men. Gally yuh loss all your stripes by me. You was my idol but haul yuh stinkin ass

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Conrad smith on I95.5 talking about Toyota Classic
« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2006, 05:26:53 PM »
Ayende bakar
 -they play entertaining football and do what it takes to win
  -they are hungry for silverware and they are motivated to win for the Toyota Classic and the big 6.
  -they have an advantage  with Williams not there
  -Jamal shabbazz is tactically sound one of the best coaches in the league

CONRAD-- hungry players and will eat their(united) food
               got more experience players
               he aint see no upsets in the game they winning

devon jorlsing--plenty pressure becuase DF eh win anything in a while

they making kicks on tobago united
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 05:40:30 PM by Naminirt »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Wim meets de Fearless one on Saturday
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2007, 04:54:34 AM »
The Fearless One will have Wim as his guest on Saturday 12th May at 6:15 pm.

Dey going to discuss preparations for the Gold Cup, the blacklisted players, the U 17 team....

Tune in folks.....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 05:10:40 AM by brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wim meets de Fearless one on Saturday
« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2007, 06:43:34 AM »
Thaks for the announcement!..I will be tuned   :beermug:

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2007, 07:15:29 AM »
Somebody save this nah???  I going to be out the country without any access to de internet.....Dis might be good :devil: :beermug:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2007, 07:32:12 AM »

Dey going to discuss preparations for the Gold Cup, the blacklisted players, the U 17 team....

Tune in folks.....

The following Saturday don't forget to tune in when the Fearless One  host Gally Cummings & Edgar Vidale to critique Wim's answers.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2007, 08:11:16 AM »
who is de Fearless One  ???

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2007, 08:14:08 AM »
Filho, thanks for taking one for de team ;D ;D
I ent know eedda
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2007, 08:28:19 AM »
Filho, thanks for taking one for de team ;D ;D
I ent know eedda
  ;D yeh i lost to brown sugar  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2007, 08:31:55 AM »
de Fearless one---- Andre Errol Baptiste....de fella who does host de sports show on i95.5FM on saturday evenings.... and  Synergy sports on Syenrgy tv on tuesdays

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2007, 08:36:01 AM »
de Fearless one---- Andre Errol Baptiste....de fella who does host de sports show on i95.5FM on saturday evenings.... and  Synergy sports on Syenrgy tv on tuesdays

cool..thanks

WestCoast, Die Hard...secret code has been deciphered ;D ;D

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2007, 08:36:36 AM »

Tune in folks.....

The following Saturday don't forget to tune in when the Fearless One  host Gally Cummings & Edgar Vidale to critique Wim's answers.
Gally Aromatic Cummings....stueeps

1]; } ?>