March 28, 2024, 09:27:17 AM

Author Topic: Sean de Silva Thread  (Read 47396 times)

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Guyana eyes De Silva; Central star in spotlight for Caledonia Bowl final.
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2016, 12:07:41 AM »
 I thought for sure coach had looked at him before or he was capped at some point.. this is still shocking! He is still young though, international football wouldn't be a priority for me if I was in his position, it would be more focused on the club. If Sean is a pure trini then I don't see him playing for anyone else even if it never becomes a reality.
Who knows what can happen, maybe a new coach for tnt someday that will look at De Silva as an option, or Hart finds a way to fit him in somehow.. anything can happen. wish him the best.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2016, 11:36:13 AM »
 :bs: De Silva is not a fool. Why go and play two games for Guyana and not play for a whole year after that.
WCQ for Guyana is for 2022, so best he wait for T&T call and fight for it.
Guyana was out of Caribbean Cup in two two's and out of WCQ same way, same way. ::)
Right now it hard to crack T&T Central Midfield, but injuries and form could lead to a crack at it.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2016, 12:17:26 PM »
To Sean de Silva  Don't make any hasty decisions ,Keep your Goals in sight , impressive performnces do not go unnoticed ,  your turn will come .... you know what you need to do  to impress the national  team coach and staff ..... Don't pull a Ricky shakes  or let anyone influence any hasty decision to jump ship .. Keep the faith  and show the selectors what yuh made off ....  wishing you the very best

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2016, 11:53:23 PM »
S De Silva is better than the attacking midfielders S Heart is playing on the team only K Molino and N Deleon is better but he should not give up hope yet I don't expect S Heart to last  I do expect us to get out of this weak group but in the final 6 he will struggle to win a game playing that crappy football and that would be the end of his stint.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2016, 05:17:12 AM »
S De Silva is better than the attacking midfielders S Heart is playing on the team only K Molino and N Deleon is better but he should not give up hope yet I don't expect S Heart to last  I do expect us to get out of this weak group but in the final 6 he will struggle to win a game playing that crappy football and that would be the end of his stint.

Sean, don't jump ship yet, I say wait one more year.

Two reasons Hart could fail in the Hex (if we make it) because these small teams seems like they more serious than us when it comes to organization and recruiting players.

1. David John Williams not giving him the support.

2. His reliant on certain players who continue to fail at big events.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2016, 09:45:45 PM »
How old is Sean?

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2016, 10:37:53 PM »
true, I haven't seen the man play recently, but barring injuries I would say you wrong..

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2016, 04:27:33 AM »
right now sean playing better than corn curls guerra, and ceaser, so i think he should work harder on his game on his on time and off time and see what happens.

shabbaz must push sean in that direction, after all isn't shabbaz guyana's head coach?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2016, 06:32:46 AM »
right now sean playing better than corn curls guerra, and ceaser, so i think he should work harder on his game on his on time and off time and see what happens.

shabbaz must push sean in that direction, after all isn't shabbaz guyana's head coach?

Yuh right.

I picking Sean De Silva over Peltier, Guerra and Caesar any day.

Caesar does play with no sense.

Guerra does play one good game in every 5.

Peliter is just a shit snake.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2016, 08:25:24 AM »
How old is Sean?

Well he's at the age where he needs to make a decision if he wants to play international football, it's not just fair for him to wait. If he's not part of Hart's plans he should in fact explore his options.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2016, 08:30:51 AM »
How many teams in our region (CFU) actually play out and out "international football"? De Silva's "dilemma" will resolve itself because he is in fact (or in effect) asking answers.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2016, 08:51:32 AM »
How many teams in our region (CFU) actually play out and out "international football"? De Silva's "dilemma" will resolve itself because he is in fact (or in effect) asking answers.
Maybe 3-4 countries from the CFU...but as you say maybe it will workout itself and he'll get called up. Hey you never know, given the fact he has options and he could be using that as a ploy lol

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2016, 02:35:18 PM »
Sean hasn't made any decision as yet. He is getting older and keeping his options open though. A pre requisite for Hart is athleticism. Sean's game has never been build around that which is why he probably hasn't been called up as yet. He is fit and does training work outside of practice but pace and athleticism have never been his strong suit. He is all about technique, passing and making clever runs.

He won the player of the month for October though and has 14 assists and 7 goals in 22 appearances in all comps. this season. Roughly contributing to a third of Central's goals this season. Last season he had 11 assists and 6 goals in 30 appearances.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2016, 02:44:55 PM »
A pre requisite for Hart is athleticism. Sean's game has never been build around that which is why he probably hasn't been called up as yet. He is fit and does training work outside of practice but pace and athleticism have never been his strong suit. He is all about technique, passing and making clever runs.

On point.  And in today's top tier and international football.....SADLY IMO.....the "de silva" type player is becoming less and less relevant.

It's why Latas played as a sub in World Cup 2006.  10 years later.....a Latas like player with all silky skills and zero defensive ability....might not even make the squad.

It is a reality of the football today.   Ask why did Kenwyne Jones make it to the Premier League?  It surely wasn't because of his skill level.  It was because of his pace, athleticism, and strength.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2016, 03:11:58 PM »
Wendy's honours Pro League top performers.
ttproleague.com.

Sean De Silva, Keron Cummings, Jomal Williams and Jerwyn Balthazar pick up Wendy's Player of the Month awards for October, November, December and January, respectively.

"It's great to win the award for the first time," said veteran Defence Force playmaker and team captain, Balthazar. "It shows that hard work pays off. It's also great to see the Pro League and Wendy's come together to reward players for their efforts."

The 33-year-old army corporal was among the all-midfield cast, including Central's De Silva, North East Stars' Cummings and W Connection's Jomal, honoured at Wendy's Ariapita Avenue restaurant in Woodbrook, Port of Spain on Monday morning.

"At this stage in my career it's nice to pick up a personal accolade, but my present focus has simply been on winning," added the ex-St. Augustine Senior Comprehensive player who represented East West Coaching School and Joe Public before joining Defence Force in 2004.

Balthazar has been instrumental this season for Defence Force, the team currently second on the Digicel Pro League standings behind defending champions Central FC, and the playmaker's effort didn't go unnoticed in November, helping in his side’s seven-game undefeated streak during the month while scoring 8 goals in the process.

"Players, especially the younger ones, must put aside all the distractions like money and so on and focus on the real opportunities that are presented with the existence of the Pro League,” Balthazar advised.

“Clubs abroad are always interested in players from Trinidad (and Tobago) and if players can focus more on improving their game, and the opportunity they have with the Pro League to prepare themselves for the bigger markets abroad, then the money and other things will come. The goal is attainable."

Balthazar, a two-time league winner with Defence Force, and current Trinidad and Tobago Futsal Team captain, said his immediate plans include helping the Army win this season’s DPL crown and to qualify the T&T Futsal Team into the final round of CONCACAF qualifiers to the 2016 FIFA Futsal World Cup in Columbia. T&T will take on Honduras in May in a two-game play-off in Costa Rica for the final berth in the Concacaf final round of qualifiers after both nations finished third in the Caribbean and Central America qualifying zones, respectively.

Wendy’s Player of the Month (Pro League season 2015-16)

October

Sean De Silva (Central FC)

November

Keron Cummings (North East Stars)

December

Jomal Williams (W Connection)

January

Jerwyn Balthazar (Defence Force)

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2016, 03:26:07 PM »
Sean's game has never been build around that which is why he probably hasn't been called up as yet.

Actually, De Silva has been called up by Hart before, for the games against Curacao and Jordan. He even get ah small sweat against Jordan.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2016, 03:37:38 PM »
Sean's game has never been build around that which is why he probably hasn't been called up as yet.

Actually, De Silva has been called up by Hart before, for the games against Curacao and Jordan. He even get ah small sweat against Jordan.
So if he's already capped for the senior team, can he even explore his other options?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2016, 03:39:07 PM »

So if he's already capped for the senior team, can he even explore his other options?

Yes, he never played for T&T in a WCQ or FIFA tournament at senior level.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2016, 07:20:34 AM »

That's true. Completely forgot about those games.  :thumbsup:

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2016, 10:44:53 AM »
He was the Captain of the youth team wasn't he ? I don't like the idea of  losing him you know , I think he is gonna be a great leader one day .
I also think he has to play international football or retire from the game , mere speculation that but he maybe has great job oppotunities , but he loves the game to much.
Maybe Hart should give him another look .
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:49:43 AM by Quags »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2016, 10:54:17 AM »
He was the Captain of the youth team wasn't he ? I don't like the idea of  losing him you know , I think he is gonna be a great leader one day .
I also think he has to play international football or retire from the game , mere speculation that but he maybe has great job oppotunities , but he loves the game to much.

???

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2016, 11:08:28 AM »

No, his Central FC teammate Leston Paul was the youth team captain.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2016, 11:24:53 AM »
Thanks Firebrand .

???
So what is he gonna do play in the pro League for how many years , or get a good paying job .Get the feeling this guy doing it for country rather than it being all he can do .

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2016, 11:34:14 AM »
De Silva isn't in the Pro League to earn a living. He really is all about the game. He is pretty much set if he chooses to walk away from football. I hope he digs in and gets a look in the NT

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2016, 11:42:01 AM »

I don't know what the problem is, but although De Silva has represented the country at the U-15, U-17, U-20, U-23, and senior level, he has never really distinguished himself in any way. You know he has some of the attributes to be a top baller, but something's missing. Maybe he's too inconsistent. I doh know.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2016, 12:08:09 PM »

I don't know what the problem is, but although De Silva has represented the country at the U-15, U-17, U-20, U-23, and senior level, he has never really distinguished himself in any way. You know he has some of the attributes to be a top baller, but something's missing. Maybe he's too inconsistent. I doh know.
Goals he needs to score more goals and any coach will like him more .Maybe he needs a weapon like Birchy long range shot .

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2016, 09:03:53 PM »
A pre requisite for Hart is athleticism. Sean's game has never been build around that which is why he probably hasn't been called up as yet. He is fit and does training work outside of practice but pace and athleticism have never been his strong suit. He is all about technique, passing and making clever runs.

On point.  And in today's top tier and international football.....SADLY IMO.....the "de silva" type player is becoming less and less relevant.

It's why Latas played as a sub in World Cup 2006.  10 years later.....a Latas like player with all silky skills and zero defensive ability....might not even make the squad.

It is a reality of the football today.   Ask why did Kenwyne Jones make it to the Premier League?  It surely wasn't because of his skill level.  It was because of his pace, athleticism, and strength.
If athleticism was so important teams like Jamaica&Hati would be in every WC that could only get you but so far it will be better if S Heart get a job coaching a track&field team and leave Trinidad football alone.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2016, 09:27:30 PM »

I have never seen S De Silva get a full game just 5min here 5min there that's not good enough to evaluate a player he needs to get a fair chance like everybody else.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2016, 02:23:39 AM »

I have never seen S De Silva get a full game just 5min here 5min there that's not good enough to evaluate a player he needs to get a fair chance like everybody else.
i agree, he needs another shot.

1]; } ?>