April 28, 2024, 12:54:56 PM

Author Topic: Re: New Brazilian"This is a message for Dennis...."  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Renato Pereira

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Renato03futebol
Re: New Brazilian"This is a message for Dennis...."
« on: April 30, 2005, 08:24:14 AM »
Hi Dennis thank you for visiting my site, you did not leave me an email address so I´m replying to you here.

Yes it is true I am married to a Trinidadian and I am very interseted in representing T&T. I know some players when they are married, the Government grants them "Speedy" citizenship to represent that country.

I played together with "Zair" Seabra and I know he is waiting for his documents but he is not married to a Trinidadian. So I don´t know how long that would take.

John Williams contacted me about 2 months ago and asked me if I was interested in playing for T&T, I expressed my interest and he said he would get in touch with the TTFF. The last coach was very interested , but I don´t know the views of the current coach.

I hope the Government or the Federation there can give me an oppprtunity to represent T&T.

Thank you for your support
Sincerely,
Renato Pereira.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Citizenship by registration
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 08:36:17 AM »
Yes it is true I am married to a Trinidadian and I am very interseted in representing T&T. I know some players when they are married, the Government grants them "Speedy" citizenship to represent that country.

Since you are married to a Trinidadian woman, you would need to have resided in T&T for at least 5 years to become eligible for citizenship.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 09:17:55 AM »
Very admirable geasture. I would say that it is any soccer player's dream to be on the world  stage; an opportunity like this would be a dream come true.

Now given the laden talented Brazialin team, it must be very challenging to make that team for players who are marginal at best. I imagine  another avenue for a player with skills and talent is then to seek a country which may require and value his services? But how does this benefit that country's local players? Could you imagine a marginal English player marrying a Brazilain lady and then intimating his desire to play for Brazil? umm.....

I could see a precedent being set whereby players of diferent nationalities who are not on their national teams requesting to play for other countries if they have some maritial connection. At what price I ask the question?

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 10:33:21 AM »
Tallman was there not a Nigerian girl who is married to a Trinidadian and played for our women's national team ? I believe there is also an American girl same thing.
 Check it out,because if this is so it should also apply to this fellow.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 11:08:35 AM »
albertatrini that is an extreme brazil and is a power house so is england  trinidad is not. therefore a marginal player in brazil would be good enough for our national team.

BUT DO I SUPPORT THE MOVE NOT REALLY .and what the hell john williams trying he mess up spann twice he is a scamp
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2005, 05:28:21 PM »
Good Luck to you.
Hart for president

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 06:15:44 PM »
played with renato at w connection, well well, he legit, big strong defender, if he wants to play he has to prove himself, come to trinidad and get involved.  well lets see what happens

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 10:48:03 PM »
best of luck to you

Online Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 10:47:24 AM »
Nice gesture. I like the fact that he even replied to Dennis. I like the fact that Renato shows his interested withou being overly pushy.

I'm not sure that this is the stage to be introducing new players but there's still lots of football for t&t to play.
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2005, 02:37:29 PM »
We need all the help we can get
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2005, 05:26:14 PM »
I agree this is not the time to introduce new players, but if this guy is a lot better than what we have then go for it... Also having played i T&T he should be familiar with most of the local PFL players.
Good Luck..

Offline CentralTrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2005, 05:46:18 AM »
I say give the man a chance, it eh have nothing like "now is not the time to introduce new players". Now is the time they need new players. A foreign coach good enough for we, but some outside talent not?

If the guy from England who married to a Brazillian, went to Brazil and expressed his interest to play for Brazil, he would have to prove himself and show that he has something to offer that the other Brazillians cannot.
So let him prove himself. If we had all the talent right here we would have reached the WC long time.

Come on fellas Football is one world one sport, is all ah we game and if the man want to show his support for T&T I say let him. I used to watch him when he played for W. Connection and he blew away all them other defenders by far. He real strong and talented. 
I will welcome him. ;D

1]; } ?>