April 24, 2024, 10:30:11 PM

Author Topic: Juergen Klinsmann Thread.  (Read 22290 times)

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
Re: Klinsmann: On the field, soccer is not a teachable sport
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2011, 04:30:02 AM »
Klinsmann may be guru to some but the idea that football should be fun - for ALL players, not just young players - is hardly "cosmic" or "revolutionary". This concept has guided the best coaching and coaches for generations now. Ask the Brasilians, the Dutch, the Spanish, the Argentinians, etc, etc, etc...

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Klinsmann: On the field, soccer is not a teachable sport
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2011, 05:36:34 AM »
Klinsmann says:“Yes, coaches can teach soccer, but on the field, soccer is not a teachable sport,” so our coach of trinidad and tobago is doing it's best, and the players turn to production success on the field.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jurgen Klinsmann make case for 10-month club season, no high school ball
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2012, 07:58:08 AM »
Klinsmann and Co. make case for 10-month club season, no high school ball
By Mike Woitalla

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/45633/klinsmann-and-co-make-case-for-10-month-club-seas.html

U.S. Soccer made it official last Friday that its 78-club Development Academy league will move to a 10-month schedule starting with the 2012-13 season.

More than 3,000 of the nation's elite boys play for Academy teams in U-15/16 and U-17/18 leagues and the schedule change means no high school soccer for them. That's the most controversial aspect of the move the Federation says is necessary to create a better balance between training and games and to “close the performance gap with the top soccer nations.”

U.S. national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann said in the Academy’s press release:

"If we want our players to someday compete against the best in the world, it is critical for their development that they train and play as much as possible and in the right environment. The Development Academy 10-month season is the right formula and provides a good balance between training time and playing competitive matches. This is the model that the best countries around the world use for their programs, and I think it makes perfect sense that we do as well."

Said USSF Youth Technical Director Claudio Reyna, "This schedule puts our elite players in line with kids in their age group internationally, and places the appropriate physical demands at this stage in their development."

The USA, however, is unique to international soccer powers in that it has a strong tradition of scholastic sports participation. The club vs. high school conflict emerged before the Academy league’s arrival in 2007, but it has heated up since one third of the Academy teams moved to the 10-month schedule last year. U.S. Soccer addressed the issue of “banning” kids from high school ball in its “Frequentl Asked Questions” about the schedule change:

“Every player has a choice to play high school soccer or in the Development Academy. We believe that for those elite soccer players who are committed to pursuing the goal of reaching the highest levels they can in the sport, making this decision will provide them a big advantage in their development and increase their exposure to top coaches in the United States and from around the world.

“We are talking about a group of players who want to continue at the next level, whether that is professional or college, which is still the destination for a majority of our graduates.”

On whether the quality of high school soccer would be reduced, U.S. Soccer responds with:

“Overall, only 1 percent of all players currently playing high school soccer are involved with the Development Academy. We are only talking about a small percentage of elite players who have the goal of playing soccer at the highest levels. High School soccer will continue to make an important contribution to the soccer landscape in this country.”

On whether Academy coaches are better than high school coaches:

“There are many quality coaches in both the Development Academy and high school teams. The Academy environment allows for more focused and consistent training with less emphasis on games. Academy players and coaches also receive ongoing feedback, instruction and guidance from U.S. Soccer Technical Advisors, who are also the main scouts for the U.S. national team programs.”

U.S. Soccer says the move received “overwhelming support” from its member clubs.

“The key to development, to me, is playing against quality players in practice,” said Crossfire Premier Coaching Director Bernie James in a statement. “I think if you’re with a group of good players who are pushing each other, and you have that for most of the year, then I think it’s bound to be better for development.”

Source: SoccerAmerica
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Klinsmann faces questions of leadership
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2013, 01:46:15 AM »
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1381628/report:-some-u.s.-players-lose-faith-in-klinsmann%27s-leadership?cc=5901

As the United States heads into critical World Cup qualifiers against Costa Rica and Mexico, several players are expressing concern and asking questions about coach Jurgen Klinsmann's leadership skills and whether he is fit for the U.S. national team's top job, the Sporting News reported on its website Tuesday.

Eleven players in the current national team pool as well as others connected to the program told the Sporting News that there are deep divisions within the squad, especially between the German-American players Klinsmann has brought in, and those with deeper domestic roots. More troubling for U.S. team followers, the faith in Klinsmann's methods and tactical acumen is rapidly eroding.
One player cited in the story said the support for Klinsmann has been steadily dropping for months now as more question his leadership skills, but player sniping has become even more pronounced in the wake of the team's 2-1 loss at Honduras on Feb. 6.

"Several things about the lineup didn't work," one of the players told The Sporting News about the Americans' lackluster World Cup qualifying loss . "Sometimes a coach's biggest mistake is trying to get in who he sees as the best 11 players on the field. But they don't have to be. You have to have 11 players on the field who are going to work well with each other and be good for each other."

The level of detail and broad spectrum of criticisms in the report suggest that Klinsmann is facing widespread discord in the locker room and must address that split if he is to overcome the significant injury obstacles facing the team ahead of the upcoming qualifiers. Nine players who were on the roster for last month's loss to Honduras are unavailable through injury or illness and Landon Donovan remains on sabbatical.

Klinsmann's decision to bench long-time captain Carlos Bocanegra in Honduras reportedly raised the hackles of several players, who said it left the U.S. lacking experience in the backline and exposed what they described as Klinsmann's pretty naive tactics."It was one of those things where Jurgen woke up the next day and wanted to try something we weren't familiar with," the Sporting News quoted a player as saying.
But, the gripes with Klinsmann go even deeper than dropping Bocanegra after 100 international appearances, with one source saying that Klinsmann may be putting too much of an emphasis on fitness and yoga and not enough on tactics.

"OK, it's good for us and it's scientifically proven. But in the end it's a round ball. The Peles and the Maradonas in the world weren't doing all these things," a U.S. player said. "I think we spend more time worrying about gyms and nutrition, and we don't do enough of what we need to do on the field."

Another source told The Sporting News that the players are "overtrained and undercoached."

I figure sooner or later he would have been found out. These concerns were brought in the past by both  players from the German national team and Bayern Munich.
Even the German captain Lahm, was critical of Klinsmann's tactics in his autobiography...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
See I was wondering about that myself, especially when I see him bringing the German-born players on board, this is gonna be interesting to follow.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In my opinion Klinsman was a great player but he is  a less than average coach. I never  felt that his vision and leadership could produce champions at any level. Whenever he speaks people listen because he is a great man, but he's still a less than average coach. He did well with Germany because they have the quality in Germany but Germany should have done better in the 2006 WC.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
In my opinion Klinsman was a great player but he is  a less than average coach. I never  felt that his vision and leadership could produce champions at any level. Whenever he speaks people listen because he is a great man, but he's still a less than average coach. He did well with Germany because they have the quality in Germany but Germany should have done better in the 2006 WC.

The talk in Germany is that Klinsman was the front man, but the onfield stuff was handled by his assistant Low. That being said its the same for USA, he needs a strong staff behind him.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
The mighty USA have troubles?

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
 Ent we could have used FIFA funds to  afford big time coach?  saying that anyone knows the amount of subsidy  that FIFA allocates to member nations? have we received any funds from FIFA lately?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
 :bs:

Everyone who knows anything knew this time was coming be it Klinsmann or some other coach. The changing of the guards are upon them and the players in the pipeline are less than World Class (in this case CONCACAF average) and the level of play basic.

Klinsman needs quality players to work with and he will be hard pressed to find them domestically, thus his look to "notrealamericans" to try and instill his style of play. There will be a rift within the ranks for a while if USSoccer is smart and keep Klinsmann for the long haul and let him be the bad guy in trying to reform the monster that is USsoccer.

People like LandyCakes will be at the forefront of such protest against JK as LandyCakes can no longer do whatever he wants and still be include in the team. His tantrums are not working and it is not sitting to well. Let's see if the Fedration will make the same mistake as they did with the women's team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Always interesting to me how much more leeway big name players get when they become coaches.
Bradley was hghly criticised, yet he won the Hex, took USA to the Confederations Cup final, beating Spain on the way and had a decent showing at the WC. Just as a spectator USA under Klinsman are not playing anything different than before, arguably they look far more disjointed. Remember JK came in with a lot of talk about attacking style & changing the face of US Soccer. However, these things take time & now its WCQ time.

For those who are interested take a read on Philip Lahm book, be warned he is not kind to JK, which is understandable as Bayern had one of its worst outings in recent history under his command.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Always interesting to me how much more leeway big name players get when they become coaches.
Bradley was hghly criticised, yet he won the Hex, took USA to the Confederations Cup final, beating Spain on the way and had a decent showing at the WC. Just as a spectator USA under Klinsman are not playing anything different than before, arguably they look far more disjointed. Remember JK came in with a lot of talk about attacking style & changing the face of US Soccer. However, these things take time & now its WCQ time.

For those who are interested take a read on Philip Lahm book, be warned he is not kind to JK, which is understandable as Bayern had one of its worst outings in recent history under his command.

Again though obserever, The USMNT was together and had a solid core 10-14 players. Klinnsman is task with the transition. Since Klinnsman came in what has been the core, Bradley?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

More in depth version.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2013-03-19/jurgen-klinsmann-us-mens-soccer-coach-national-team-usa-american-world-cup-2013

Imo-1. Some of these American players sound rell entitiled and stuck in dey ways.

2. Jurgen seem tuh be tryin tuh change the culture of the team and fellas who use tuh the old ways can't handle.
3. Jurgen sound like he would be perfect tuh whip our national side in shape.
4. Jurgen may need tuh add another person/assistant who's adds what Jurgen may be lacking.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:40:43 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Klinsman do your thing. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Again though obserever, The USMNT was together and had a solid core 10-14 players. Klinnsman is task with the transition. Since Klinnsman came in what has been the core, Bradley?

Elan I am not leaning one way or the other when it comes to Klinsman. However, as I said he came in with lots of talk about changing the way USA play to a more attacking style. He has had 23 Games since he has been in charge, including severl extended camps (one in January with MLS players). It is his job to establish a core, so far he has basically utilized 10 players from the 2010 WC squad. Selection is his choice. The only point I am making is transition or no transition, I really do not see anything different from USA, outside of the game versus Scotland they have struggled to score goals. Many will argue that since the shock in Jamaica, US has become more defensive that ever.
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

Possibility exists, that Jurgen realizes that the US do not have skilled players to play the style he sought to implement. Hence his chopping and changing in an effort to find something what works. The players who are getting dropped do not fit into his vision. Except they have yet to figure that out and still think they are important to the set up. IMO.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

The talk in Germany is that Klinsman was the front man, but the onfield stuff was handled by his assistant Low. That being said its the same for USA, he needs a strong staff behind him.

yes!   i remember reading that somewhere also....imho germany playing better now under yogi low than under klinsmann

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I really don't think the usmnt is going to start playing any "different" from how they have always played until we start seeing some more of what you currently seeing with their U-20 squad: MEXICANS! I say "MEXICANS" but in actuality, I'm talking about more people that have a certain flavour about their game that comes from places that are far deeper entrenched in the beauty, sweetness and creative side of the game than your american suburbs, where the us still seems to be taking the bulk of all of its prospects from. going back to Klinsmann's comments back during the 2010 WC, he was f**kin' right.  (Tab Ramos sure as hell read the memo.) But it's going to take more than the 2 years or 23 games that he's been in charge, to really and truly bring about the change that he envisions for the usa, and, WTF?!, it might even take more than one manager. (*but when it does, we ass is grass!!*)They will always do well with their technical ability, fitness and fighting spirit but in order to go to the places that the ussf wants to go (world dominance, but they first want to be respected) and keep the company they want to keep, they havta produce players that come with the kinds of skills and creativity that their coaches can't teach but still know how to manage. Them kinds of players haven't quite started to filter their way through the various regional ODP's and youth teams to have fallen into Klinsmann's hands just yet...dempsey is the usa's "best" player right now and he is not all that good, as far as I am concerned. For me, the only player on their roster that can me thought of being mentioned in the same paragraph as the current best players of his position is Tim Howard and even with him, yuh kinda havta go over yuh thoughts for a moment to make sure yuh saying the right thing in a football crowd...maybe even wait until somebody else say it first...So maybe Klinsmann is the long term answer but I really don't see how anyone could have expected that he would transform this team overnight into a stylish, free-flowing attractive-looking team overnight.
   Even with the DFB, I don't recall that people were so down on him for having failed in 2006, the German people seemed quite happy with the "new" style he had them playing with and I'm sure all of your that were there can remember how happy and friendly them Germans were  ;) but anyway, OK, so Low was really the brains behind the team and still is....Low has had the team now for all of 7 years and they haven't done any better in the results department (WC, Euros) than when Klinsmann had them, no? Are they at a place where they are knocking on Spain's door or looking like their biggest challengers to their European throne? I doh really get that sense that they are.  Italy and/or Holland seems to look the bigger threats there.  In any event, I say, people being a little hard on Klinsmann.  Everybody was happier than runaway slaves when they beat Italy on Italian soil the other day and then turn around and did the same to Mexico and them players was slapping each other on the back and singing Klinsmann's praises on camera, welcoming the "new direction" he wanted to take the team.  I can only hope that the ones who cryin' and bitchin' in the shadows now, are all individually and collectively man enough to go and talk to him face-to-face. I could see a Navy Seal being brought in to impliment a "survival skills" program for a cadet force and the cadets complaing about some of his "methods" after being all excited about his pending and initial arrival.  Man, clint "captain america" dempsey etter tell dem boy and dem to hush dey cyat and learn sumting eh. STEUWPS!     
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 07:05:54 AM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I like what you saying Chow except the part where they eh doing much better.  Lowe took over and he got them to the final of the Euro 08.  Semi Final of WC 2010 beaten by eventual winners Spain, Semi Final Euro 2012.
I think Giggsy have it right, JK will become pragmatic, understanding that to play attacking adventurous football you need certain qualities and he will eventually qualify for the WC.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 03:07:30 PM by Observer »
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
He has to Thank his lucky stars that there was a big snow storm..if wasn't for that it would have been a different story

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I like what you saying Chow except the part where they eh doing much better.  Lowe took over and he got them to the final of the Euro 08.  Semi Final of WC 2010 beaten by eventual winners Spain, Semi Final Euro 2012.
I think Giggsy have it right, JK will become pragmatic, understanding that to play attacking adventurous football you need certain qualities and he will eventually qualify for the WC.

Oh yeah, I know all ah dat, but comparatively speaking, Klinsmann had them doing no worse, either, and that is one of the main points I am trying to make.  He was only in charge of the team for 2 years and took them to third place in the WC, having lost their only game to the eventual (but controversial, in my book) winners.  And, if I remember correctly, Germany had kinda went into a lil' slump after the '02 WC and Klinsmann (and Low) brought them back and had them playing some attractive football that was seen as a departure from their usual style. So when we compare that the situation he is in now, where he is supposed to be trying to take the american team, comprising a handful of bland, fundamentals-oriented, non-flavourful, arrhythmic, suburban (mostly) white americans and transform them into the next coming of "the beautiful game", and he's getting some mixed results, I find it laughable indeed, that people are going to just jump on the wagon of claiming that he can't coach. People were quick to say the same about AVB when he struggled at Chelsea.     

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, I know all ah dat, but comparatively speaking, Klinsmann had them doing no worse, either, and that is one of the main points I am trying to make.  He was only in charge of the team for 2 years and took them to third place in the WC, having lost their only game to the eventual (but controversial, in my book) winners.  And, if I remember correctly, Germany had kinda went into a lil' slump after the '02 WC and Klinsmann (and Low) brought them back and had them playing some attractive football that was seen as a departure from their usual style. So when we compare that the situation he is in now, where he is supposed to be trying to take the american team, comprising a handful of bland, fundamentals-oriented, non-flavourful, arrhythmic, suburban (mostly) white americans and transform them into the next coming of "the beautiful game", and he's getting some mixed results, I find it laughable indeed, that people are going to just jump on the wagon of claiming that he can't coach. People were quick to say the same about AVB when he struggled at Chelsea.     

Not sure people saying he can't coach, if they are, much of that is coming from his spell with Bayern where it all went horribly wrong.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Not sure people saying he can't coach, if they are, much of that is coming from his spell with Bayern where it all went horribly wrong.

Reading a couple of the posts on here and trying to understand the sudden outcry coming from camp usa...

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
On ah side note....

Freddy Adu officially leaves Union & signs with Brazilian club Bahia, his 9th club & 6th country in 7 years.

Not sure where it went wrong with this fella nah, but good luck to him.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Poor Freddy...for all the talent he displayed in all them U-17 and U-20 tournaments fuh de US...his skill set just cyah seem to be congruent with what this senior USMNT philosophy is.  ::)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
On ah side note....

Freddy Adu officially leaves Union & signs with Brazilian club Bahia, his 9th club & 6th country in 7 years.

I actually learn about this pending trade a week ago... supposedly Freddy was a cancer in the locker room and he could never quite deal with the physicality of MLS.  I wish him well with Bahia (not sure if they're top-flight in Brazil), because dem fellas does good get agricultural at times.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

It never relly went right fuh him.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Poor Freddy...for all the talent he displayed in all them U-17 and U-20 tournaments fuh de US...his skill set just cyah seem to be congruent with what this senior USMNT philosophy is.  ::)

That is because he was 20  ;D
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

:D "Allyuh" eh easy nuh.  Ah wonder if Freddy does ever be cussin' he mudder in he mind, wishin' she woulda "sent" him Italy instead'a takin' all dat chain up talk from us soccer and all money from nike?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

Bone density scan, it common now.

We lucky Messi did not have to come up in Us Youth Soccer system, we would have never known Messi, or Maradonna or Pele, or Garrincha,

1]; } ?>