March 28, 2024, 12:17:00 PM

Author Topic: Juergen Klinsmann Thread.  (Read 22148 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Juergen Klinsmann Thread.
« on: January 23, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »
Klinsmann names 28-man training squad

FRANKFURT, Jan 23 (Reuters) - Germany coach Juergen Klinsmann called up 28 established players on Monday for fitness tests at the end of January and said others had until May to force their way into his World Cup plans.

The same 28-man squad called up for the last round of tests in October will join Klinsmann to have their progress monitored again from January 30-31 in Duesseldorf.

Klinsmann expects to choose his 23-man squad for the World Cup from those players but says he would be happy for someone else to come through and make his life a bit more difficult.

'The door will stay open until mid-May, in case a striker knocks in 10 or 15 goals,' the coach said in an interview with Kicker magazine on Monday.

'Surprises are still possible.'

Hosts Germany get the World Cup underway with a Group A match against Costa Rica in Munich on June 9. The final is on July 9 in Berlin.

Before the finals, Germany have friendly matches against Italy, the United States, Japan and Colombia.

German squad for fitness tests in Duesseldorf, January 30-31:

Goalkeepers: Oliver Kahn (Bayern Munich), Jens Lehmann (Arsenal, England), Timo Hildebrand (VfB Stuttgart)

Defenders: Arne Friedrich (Hertha Berlin), Andreas Hinkel (VfB Stuttgart), Robert Huth (Chelsea, England), Marcell Jansen (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich), Per Mertesacker (Hanover 96), Christoph Metzelder (Borussia Dortmund), Patrick Owomoyela (Werder Bremen), Lukas Sinkiewicz (Cologne), Christian Woerns (Borussia Dortmund)

Midfielders: Michael Ballack (Bayern Munich), Sebastian Deisler (Bayern Munich), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Tim Borowski (Werder Bremen), Torsten Frings (Werder Bremen), Fabian Ernst (Schalke 04), Thomas Hitzlsperger (VfB Stuttgart), Sebastian Kehl (Borussia Dortmund), Bernd Schneider (Bayer Leverkusen)

Forwards: Gerald Asamoah (Schalke 04), Kevin Kuranyi (Schalke 04), Mike Hanke (VfL Wolfsburg), Miroslav Klose (Werder Bremen), Oliver Neuville (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Lukas Podolski (Cologne)

« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 05:52:24 AM by Flex »

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
goltv rumor:Klinsmann to u.s soccer federation for about 1.7 mil. a year
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 08:42:07 PM »
they are not sure though but it was mention now that germany is out
things look possible for the u.s.

With that kind of money for klinsmann one wonders what beenie man
would ask for,ttff better make up their minds on who they really want
to manage their national side or else go local.

"go local to who"? i guess that's what cummings and the others want.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 08:55:19 PM by davyjenny »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

TrinInfinite

its actually 3 mill a year boss :beermug:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Klinsmann gets offers from USA and Mexico
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 10:44:41 AM »
when's the last time mexico had european coach?

==

Klinsmann gets offers from USA and Mexico

BERLIN, Oct 8 (Reuters) - Former Germany coach Juergen Klinsmann has received 'serious' offers to coach from Mexico and the United States, a Klinsmann adviser said on Sunday.

Roland Eitel told Bild am Sonntag newspaper it was still unclear whether Klinsmann, who led an unfancied Germany team to third place, would return to the sidelines.

'Juergen has enough work to do right now,' Eitel said, noting he had two years worth of work to catch up on at his California firm Soccer Solutions. Eitel said Klinsmann is also analysing training and match data from his two years as coach.

Eitel said Klinsmann had received coaching offers from Mexico and the United States.

'And they're all serious,' he said. But when asked if Klinsmann would take any job, Eitel said: 'We'll have to wait and see.'

Klinsmann said after the World Cup he planned to take six months off before making any further plans.

Ricardo La Volpe left Mexico after his contract ended after they lost 2-1 to Argentina in the second round at the World Cup in Germany. La Volpe moved to Boca Juniors, the most popular club in his native Argentina.

U.S. coach Bruce Arena's contract was not renewed after the Americans were knocked out of the World Cup at the group stage. The president of U.S. Soccer, Sunil Gulati, has identified Klinsmann as a top choice.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Klinsmann gets offers from USA and Mexico
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 01:09:57 PM »
when's the last time mexico had european coach?

Leo Beenhakker?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 01:17:34 PM »
More than likely he will stay in "Uncle Sam".

TI correct.. the US need much more help than Mexico and since Klinsmann already enjoying the good life down in Beverly Hills.. he may as well stay there and coach...

p.s that dosent mean the US will become a super power in football soccer  :devil: :devil:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 03:53:50 PM »
Leo Beenhakker? 

I believe it was only at club level.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 05:37:40 PM »
Bora Mulitnovic

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Klinsmann eh wha de wok
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 02:13:28 PM »
Klinsmann withdraws candidacy as U.S. coach
Allen Hopkins

After months of speculation culminating in an intense final round of back-and-forth negotiations and erroneous reports, Juergen Klinsmann has withdrawn his name from consideration to become the next U.S. men's national team coach.

Klinsmann, in a statement sent to ESPN, said: "Sunil [Gulati] and I have concluded our discussions about the US men's national team program, and I have withdrawn my name from consideration as coach. I'm not going to go into details about our conversations. But, I certainly want to wish the next coach of the U.S. men's national team much success, and I want to, also, thank Sunil for the opportunity to exchange ideas."

Despite heavy criticism for everything from his choice of goalkeepers to his permanent California residence, Klinsmann, in his first ever head coaching job, led the German national team to a highly unexpected third-place finish in the 2006 World Cup.

Although soccer's most important and influential movers and shakers applied serious pressure on newly elected U.S. soccer president Sunil Gulati and U.S. soccer to hire Klinsmann, talks concluded late Wednesday evening without an agreement.

Klinsmann would've brought instant and unprecedented credibility to U.S. Soccer at a critical time for U.S. soccer. Although 2002 was remarkable, the reality is U.S. soccer has sandwiched one great World Cup in between two very disappointing ones in 1998 and 2006.

As a player, Klinsmann's resume and highlights would've been unlike anything ever associated with U.S. Soccer. The former German captain scored 47 goals in 108 caps for the German national team leading them to the 1990 World Cup and Euro '96 titles.

Klinsmann was twice German Footballer of the Year in 1988 and 1994. In 1995, in his first season in English soccer after his famous move to Tottenham he won the English Footballer of the Year award.

Klinsmann was a top 10 World Footballer of the Year four times and is a member of the FIFA 'Top 100' Player List.

Now it looks as if U.S. soccer will enter 2007 without a coach in place, with two matches against Denmark on Jan. 20 and arch rival Mexico on Feb. 7 already scheduled.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=394971&cc=5901

taken from ESPN.com

PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Klinsmann eh wha de wok
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 02:15:18 PM »
Just so
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 02:18:47 PM »
good for us dont you think?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 02:22:03 PM »
A-A?..like jackula threaten de man or wha?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 02:26:53 PM »
us have not tallent yuh think de man stupid
All American

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »
Ah wonder if his Adidas relationship have anything to do with it...

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »
well i eh go lie...i was scared if he took the US job....cuz they wud be moving forward and we jus stuck in place or maybe moving backwards...
Back in Trini...

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 03:10:42 PM »
Ah wonder if his Adidas relationship have anything to do with it...

Big Up!

hmmmmmmmmm? food for tort.......

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2006, 03:17:20 PM »
The US will remember the day that they did this.  Any national team in the world, save one or two, would hire Klinnsman right away after his showing in Germany, along with his novel training techniques.

And they let this slip through their hands just so?

wow

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2006, 03:29:20 PM »
While Klinsman found the right formula for a one month stretch in Germany , he struggled early on. He was only able to survive the early struggles because of his reputation as a player and because qualification was not an issue. Any job he'd take, outside of the South Africa job, would expose him to the rigours of qualification and a lot less margin for error.

Given his preference for a more leisurely stroll into retirement, I could understand his turning down the US job.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 03:42:13 PM by Lightning »
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 05:56:11 PM »
While Klinsman found the right formula for a one month stretch in Germany , he struggled early on. He was only able to survive the early struggles because of his reputation as a player and because qualification was not an issue. Any job he'd take, outside of the South Africa job, would expose him to the rigours of qualification and a lot less margin for error.

Given his preference for a more leisurely stroll into retirement, I could understand his turning down the US job.

Very thoughtful and quite plausible1

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Klinsmann out, Bradley in
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 06:33:34 PM »
source: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/soccer/12/07/klinsmann.us/index.html

Klinsmann out, Bradley in
[/size]

Jürgen Klinsmann won't be the next coach of the U.S. national team after all. The Associated Press is reporting the German legend withdrew his name from consideration after several months of talks failed to lead to an agreement.

Instead, a source close the negotiations tells SI.com, the U.S. Soccer Federation will name Chivas USA coach Bob Bradley as the national team coach on an interim basis, which could eventually lead to his taking the job over permanently.

Klinsmann and USSF president Sunil Gulati apparently are far apart on issues of executive control over the U.S. program, which is more of an issue than money. It was earlier reported that Klinsmann was looking for a deal of as much as $2 million a year.

Klinsmann had been the favorite to succeed Bruce Arena, who was let go in July after 71/2 years. Arena coached the American team to the World Cup quarterfinals in 2002, the best showing by the United States since 1930, but the team was eliminated in the first round this year.

A close friend of Arena, Klinsmann led Germany to the World Cup semifinals this year in his first professional coaching assignment. He lives in Newport Beach, Calif. -- a close commute to the practice facility in Carson where the Americans often train.

Bradley is the all-time winningest coach in Major League Soccer history. He is respected as a shrewd talent evaluator and was considered Gulati's top pick from the MLS ranks. In his first season as Chivas USA coach, Bradley guided the Goats to a third-place finish in the Western Conference a year after they finished in the cellar. He was named the MLS's Coach of the Year for the second time. Bradley also guided the Chicago Fire to the MLS Cup title in 1998.

The United States is scheduled to play its first game since the World Cup on Jan. 20, an exhibition against Denmark in Carson, Calif. A Feb. 7 exhibition against Mexico in the Phoenix area also has been discussed.

Two tournaments highlight next year's U.S. schedule. The Americans will defend their title at the CONCACAF Gold Cup, the championship of North and Central America and the Caribbean, to be played in six U.S. cities from June 6-24. The U.S. team also was invited to the Copa America, the championship of South America, to be played in Venezuela from June 26-July 15.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
Re: Klinsmann out, Bradley in
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2006, 07:31:22 PM »
man i pass een an pelt ah small macco on Big Soccer and dem fellhas some kinda vex with the overall selection and the time it taking tuh put sumbody in place.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2006, 09:20:36 PM »
when I read this headline I thoiught the USA were using some ...DESPERate measures   :devil: :devil: Bradley ?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2006, 10:32:38 PM »
I was telling ah coach today that they need to go after Quieroz, and ah hear on FSC that he is shortlisted, along with Houllier and Peckerman.  Something must really have been of concern for Klinsmann to turn down the job.  US Soccer need to relinquish control if they want to attract a top coach.  Yuh feel Quieroz of Houllier go want that time of interference?  They will blank dem too.

Offline Milan!!!

• Naps man fuh life!!!
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2006, 09:06:08 AM »
i ent blame kilismann at alll....who would want to coach a shitty side like the US anyways....but works out well for us...

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2006, 10:35:01 AM »
I was telling ah coach today that they need to go after Quieroz, and ah hear on FSC that he is shortlisted, along with Houllier and Peckerman.  Something must really have been of concern for Klinsmann to turn down the job.  US Soccer need to relinquish control if they want to attract a top coach.  Yuh feel Quieroz of Houllier go want that time of interference?  They will blank dem too.
Tenorsaw, you really rate Quierozzzz? I am not talking about what people see as his "failure" at Real Madrid, because that was a circus, but a lot of the negative play at United in the last few years have been because of his tinkering. I don't know... I'm not convinced.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline spiritedfan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2006, 10:14:13 PM »
good for trinidad

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2006, 09:08:40 AM »
No de man want some naturally talented players, not some team or players who know to only do drills. Pass-Time-Pass-Pass-Time-goodball-Shoot, dat is all you does hear when yuh sweating with dem Yankees. Is the fellas from all over the world who go hold on to de ball, run with it or dribble. Klinsman doh wuh implement football that Americans cayr play.

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 09:16:23 AM »
FOlks here are some facts on and about the Klinsmann situation.. and please keep in mind that in the coaching circle Klinsmann is considered a tournament coach.

1- Klinsmann wanted to name the coaches for the National youth teams.

2- Klinsmann is not a licensed USSF coach, therefore the program would be in jepoardy for the US national teams to appoint through Klinsmann's request coaches whom are not licensed under USSF.

3- Klinsmann believes similar to Beckenbauer that they have won a world cup so they don't need any license .. this satement was made by Franz himself.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2006, 05:18:27 PM »
i ent blame kilismann at alll....who would want to coach a shitty side like the US anyways....but works out well for us...

Don't get too excited.

We could pick Ronald McDonald to coach our team and still beat you guys, home or away.

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 05:36:13 PM »

Don't get too excited.

We could pick Ronald McDonald to coach our team and still beat you guys, home or away.

Zeppo, ah eh go lie nah, yuh make meh roll  :rotfl: wid dat one. By de way, who de hell is Ronald McDonald? Is dat de man fuh de restaurants, or yuh make up dat name?
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>