April 26, 2024, 10:08:35 AM

Author Topic: Much ado about Freddy  (Read 37055 times)

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No World Cup for Freddy - Adu sent back to D.C. United
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2006, 04:40:57 PM »
he would've made de ghana squad,  but.......he look fuh dat.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2006, 05:26:41 PM »
yeah  he was neva gonna make de team dey jus give he a cap to ensure his eligibility 

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Much Adu about £5m as Chelsea close the net on teenage prodigy
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2006, 07:37:50 PM »

The Times    February 07, 2006

Much Adu about £5m as Chelsea close the net on teenage prodigy

By Oliver Kay
CHELSEA are about to send more shock waves through the football world by beating Manchester United to secure the services of Freddy Adu, the American teenager widely regarded as the most exciting young player on the planet.

United and several top clubs in Italy and Spain have been tracking Adu for four years, but Chelsea’s negotiations are at an advanced stage. Agreements are imminent with the player and Major League Soccer (MLS), which owns his registration. The 16-year-old forward is expected to move to London in the summer, by which time he hopes to have become the youngest player to feature in a World Cup tournament, a record set by Norman Whiteside when he played for Northern Ireland in 1982.

It is a deal that will underline Chelsea’s continuing bid for global domination by signing the stars of tomorrow as well as today. They are also hoping to beat United in a bitter wrangle over John Obi Mikel, the outstanding young Nigeria midfield player, and the news that they are close to securing the services of Adu, who made his debut for DC United aged 14 and won his first full cap for the US last month at 16 years 234 days, will cause consternation in Milan and Madrid but above all in Manchester, where Sir Alex Ferguson had dreams of adding the Ghanaian-born prodigy to his legacy.

Sources at Stamford Bridge say that the initial outlay will be about £5 million for a player who, if successful, could bring Chelsea enormous commercial benefits in Africa as well as the US. It is possible that José Mourinho, the Chelsea manager, would send him on loan to pick up first-team experience, but the club want him to move immediately after the World Cup and are hopeful that a work permit will be granted on appeal, even if the first application is likely to be rejected on grounds of inexperience.

Neither Chelsea nor MLS would comment last night, while one of Adu’s agents, Dan Segal, of SportsNet LLC, declined to confirm that the youngster was heading for England. “All I would like to say at this stage is that Freddy has obviously attracted a lot of interest internationally,” Segal said. “We are mindful of the fact that he will turn 17 in the summer. At this stage, nothing has truly been decided.”

Chelsea, though, believe that the deal is all but done, even if they are prepared to allow MLS to dictate the timing of any announcement. The new MLS campaign starts soon and the loss of Adu, the country’s most celebrated player, may come as an even bigger blow to the league than to DC United, although his departure to one of Europe’s biggest clubs should enhance the sport’s profile in America, particularly if he has an impact on this summer’s World Cup.

MLS has long been resigned to losing Adu. Chelsea’s management team met him for the first time during a pre-season tour of the US in July 2004 and invited him and his mother to their game against AC Milan in New York. Last summer he played against Chelsea for DC United in a friendly in Washington and said that “hopefully one day I can end up playing with those guys rather than against them. They’re my favourite team in the world.”

Should Adu get his wish, it would be another remarkable development in the life of a boy who moved to the US from Ghana at the age of 8 after his mother won a Green Card lottery. His talents came to the attention of the US Olympic Development Programme and the MLS as well as to Nike, the sportswear company, which made him its youngest blue-chip client.

Manchester United hoped that their links with Nike might give them the upper hand in negotiations, but Chelsea, not for the first time, appear to have beaten them to the punch.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2006, 08:21:27 PM »
to hell with chelsea he should more to united for sure. Question is adu better than theo walcott giovanni dos santos or kelron please give your say
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2006, 09:35:31 PM »
This is not a surprise at all... he fighting to start and make an impact on DC United and he got totally outclassed by other young players in the last Youth World Cup.

How could people possibly believe that he is good enough to make the US team right now?
Who tell you Freddy struggling to start on DC United?? Lol...whatever

Unfortunatel Freddy mouth got him in trouble with his coach Peter Novak...and he never really was able to get out the doghouse.  Look for Novak to end up coaching elsewhere and for Freddy to get more starts.  If yuh not starting fuh yuh club team (fuh whatever reason) it tough to make the National team...Freddy just caught in a catch-22.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2006, 09:37:52 PM »
good fuh yuh!

yuh shoulda stay in Ghana.

This next cacahole...he shoulda stay in ghana by heself at age 10 or 11, while he mother come America right?  Facking toteehead....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2006, 09:41:39 PM »
alyuh men crazy or what

Freddy is the only american player capable of dribbling effectively and comfortable kicking with either foot.

He will be on the world cup squad and will play off the bench.

They sent him back to DC so that he can prepare for the MLS season and get off to a good start.

KND it shock me to see you fall prey to media hype too.  the man is simply not as good as advertised, nit right now at least.  And what ta-ta yuh talking bout comfortable dribbling and kicking with either foot?  Adu is so left-footed it isn't funny (but then most left-footers are).  Also, Landon Donovan is very capable of doing that.  He is world class talent-wise, he just lacks ambition.

To say that he lacks ambition (this is a 16 year old child we talking about here) is not only presumptive...it borders on irresponsible.  In addition to which there's a difference between not being "as good as advertised" and being overhyped.  He suffers from the latter, not the former...and even so that's no fault of his, MLS needed a marketable face, and what better story to ride than that of a photogenic immigrant prodigy?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2006, 09:47:47 PM »
I think that Adu needs to leave DC United -- the situation there is not really helping him develop as a player.  Why?  How many players are more gifted than him on the training ground?  They might be better options than him for the coach right now as starters, but more gifted?  None.  He needs to go to a top club and train, eat, and sleep around the world's best.  Only then will we really see what Freddy can do. 

Agreed...which is why I fail to understand your "lacks ambition" comment.

Novak is handling himself very well.  It eh have no entitlement here.  Yuh train well yuh play.  If I don't think you fit for this game, yuh bench.  Freddy needs that tough love.  And Novak job is to win games, not nurture Freddy Adu for the US Soccer Federation.

Disagree...what you have with Novak, Adu and the MLS brainthrust is a classic case of battle of the wills...MLS execs want Freddy on the field, Novak insists that if it happens it will happen on his time.  DCU'td management want to appease the league, Freddy and the public while not contradicting it's coach.  How can you appease these disparate forces without undermining the coach and thereby sabotaging the team?  That's the conundrum...Novak may be right in that no one should dictate what goes on on the field but him...but he's a bullheaded guy who may not be the best thing for Freddy.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2006, 09:51:33 PM »
KND, for the second time, come off the drugs.  Adu not making no World Cup roster, and not coming off no bench.  It have too many other contenders that are ready to play.  Lets be real here.  Arena wanted to lock in Adu for the next campaign and cool off Ghana from the overtures they were making to Adu.  It was a message that he was sending to Adu:  he is the future.
Allyuh men not giving freddy and his people no kinda credit fuh they intelligence at all boy.  Freddy wasn't going to play fuh Ghana...not after working so hard to secure his US citizenship...and certainly not when there's millions of Nike dollars at stake.  Nike and the USSF isn't going to market some kid who represents some other country as the savior of US soccer.  That was no cynical move by Arena's part...Freddy was done 'locked' up long time, Ghana was only fooling they self.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A star is forming - Freddy Adu Again
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2006, 08:06:04 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=374404&root=mls25&cc=5901

At only 17 years of age, Freddy Adu is establishing himself as a legitimate force in Major League Soccer. The versatile midfielder/forward is maturing into the impact player the league dreamed he would be when he was signed as a 14-year-old. Along with his team-leading six assists, another sign of Adu's advance was being named to the All-Star team by coach Peter Nowak, who also coaches Adu with D.C. United.

"Adu's getting better every year," said Chris Albright, a fellow All-Star, national team defender and L.A. Galaxy player. "He's certainly a lot stronger. He was able to be knocked off the ball his first couple of years."

Though he had dazzling moves and a creative spark, the fuss about Adu fizzled somewhat after his first year. Experienced defenders played him tough, and he was still figuring out the professional game. In his second year, Nowak used him mostly as a sub, stating Adu's poor defense was a liability for D.C. He also benched Adu after the teenager complained about his playing time.

This year, Adu has earned a regular starting position, alongside other top MLS players such as Jaime Moreno, Christian Gomez and Ben Olsen.

"He's adapted to the speed and the strength of the MLS," said U-17 coach John Hackworth, who was an assistant when Adu was in attendance at U.S. Soccer's Bradenton residency program as a 13-year-old.

"One thing that I've worked on specifically is my defense," Adu said of his development.

"I'm a little bit more aware now of where to put myself defensively. I put myself in the right positions to help the team out. My touches and working in combination with my teammates has gotten a lot better. Once you've been with the same people for three years, it makes it a little bit easier, because you know their tendencies."

Albright noted that Adu seemed to be picking up improvements from his teammates: "He's playing with a lot of good offensive players in D.C., so I'm sure he's taken away a lot of things from Christian and Jaime."

Adu certainly takes pride in what D.C. United has accomplished this year. The team leads the league in wins (13-1-6), with a chance to set the all-time record for wins in a single season (currently held by the 1998 season Galaxy and D.C. United teams with 24 wins).

"I really think that I am part of something special," Adu said. "It's been awesome, growing up with these guys. Hopefully, we'll keep it going. We're by no means satisfied. We just won a lot of regular season games. We want to keep it going and win the MLS Cup, because that's next."

Part of what pushed Adu from the start of this year was his call-up to a national team camp by then-coach Bruce Arena. He received an international cap when he came in as a sub in a friendly against Canada, but to his disappointment, the camp appearance did not lead to a spot on the World Cup roster.

"It was his first run at it," Albright said of Adu's camp stint. "I think it was a little bit of an awakening for him. It's a higher level than MLS. Things that fly in a league game don't fly there, and I think he learned that."

"If Freddy was on that [World Cup] roster, he would have gained a wealth of experience being in that atmosphere," Hackworth said. "At the same time, I think players grow when they have setbacks, when they are challenged by not making something, whether it's the starting roster, the top 18 or the selection for a national team. That's truly when a lot of personal growth occurs.

"Bruce not taking him may have done him as much good as anything. That's my hope, that maybe he got motivated and maybe he comes back and says, 'There's some things that I can do better.'"

It was hard for the talented youngster to watch other emerging stars at the World Cup, though. Especially ones like Lionel Messi, since Adu and his fellow U.S. players had beaten Argentina in group play at the last U-21 World Cup.

"It was frustrating," Adu admitted. "I played these guys. They're getting a chance with their national teams and I'm sitting at home watching the World Cup. It's tough. I didn't really enjoy that."

He did his best to take a positive lesson from the situation: "That's life. You've got to really work for what you want. It gives me the chance to work a little bit harder. I think, at the end of the day, I'll get there."

Whether he gets there with the United States, however, is another question. Adu reconsidered the possibility of playing for his birth country, Ghana.

"I just sat down and thought about it and was like, 'You know what? Although I want to play for the U.S. national team, that's not guaranteed. I want to be able to play in a World Cup.' So whoever gives me a chance to play in the World Cup, I will really think about it and then make a decision."

Older and wiser now, Adu realizes little can be counted on as far as the future goes, especially with the U.S. soccer federation looking in a new direction by dismissing Arena.

"You never know," Adu mused. "It's not a guarantee. Maybe a new [U.S] coach will come in who doesn't like my style of play. It doesn't fit in his plans, and what am I going to do? You don't want to burn bridges by shutting down Ghana, and then when you don't get a chance to play for the United States, you really have no national team. I don't want that to happen. I want to play in the World Cup, and I want to have that feeling of playing for a national team and that pride. So I hope I get that chance."

Watching both teams in World Cup play, Adu was torn between pride and disappointment.

"[Ghana] played really, really well. I, for one, was really happy to see them represent Africa in that way. They were really the only team to really do anything in the World Cup. On the other hand, I was saddened by how the U.S. got knocked out. Obviously, I expected a little bit more, and it was just unfortunate. I think the U.S. will bounce back."

Hackworth understands Adu's dilemma.

"Players in general have to weigh their opportunities and their choices," he said. "I'm sure that Freddy is going to look at it. Does he play for the U.S. or does he play for Ghana? If it truly comes down to it, I don't think there's going to be any question. I think Freddy will play for the United States. I know that's what he wants to do. That's where his heart lies. It's just a matter of when and what opportunities come first for him. That will be a decision for whoever is named the next full-team coach."

There is a possibility that the cap Adu earned with the U.S. versus Canada locks him into playing for the U.S., but he isn't sure of that.

"I've heard both ways," Adu said. "I think I'm still eligible to play for either team. We will see. I don't want to say, 'I won't play for this team, I'm going to play for that team.' I want the chance to play."

Adu confirmed that Hackworth's guess about his preference is valid: "If I'm going to make either team, I want to make the team of the United States."

Albright says Adu is well on his way. "I'm sure he'll get back in the national team pool and move forward in that regard," he said.

With the new coach of the U.S. as yet unnamed, Adu is concerned with who could help the team as a whole.

"I just hope it's somebody who can get the job done," he said. "That's what it comes down to --someone who can get the job done and get the U.S. doing well in the World Cup. Bruce did an unbelievable job, and I was sad to see Bruce go. But it's about continuing to get respect for American soccer. Hopefully, the next guy can do the same."

One candidate in particular has earned Adu's enthusiastic endorsement.

"[Nowak] has done such an amazing job transforming D.C. United," Adu said of his MLS coach. "Before he came here, before I came here, even with all the talent D.C. had, they just weren't playing well. They weren't playing up to their capabilities. He came in and just brought a whole different attitude. Now look at where D.C. is. We're getting wins. I think if he got the national job, he would have earned it for sure. ...

"Obviously that would be pretty cool, actually. I know Peter really well. I think that would give me a better shot at making the Cup."

Though his first two years weren't always easy, Adu's progress in MLS displays the ability of the league to develop players through regular game time.

"A lot of people felt he should have gone overseas with his talent, and now he's proven himself to be a better player," Albright said. "I think it speaks a lot for MLS."

With his MLS experience as a guide, Adu has certain priorities in mind as he considers his overseas options. When Adu turns 18, a transfer is highly likely, but only if the circumstances are right.

"The most important thing is that I want to be in a situation whereby I will play," Adu said. "I think you learn and you adapt quicker by playing. I don't want to [go to] a place where I have to be on the bench for two, three years. No way. I want to go to a place where I can play right away and learn and contribute right away. That's my ideal situation. I would like for it to be a very respectable club in Europe, but right now, my agent's dealing with that stuff."

Adu, meanwhile, is focusing on the All-Star game. He's not intimidated by English Premier League champion Chelsea FC, the All-Star team's opponent, especially since D.C. United played the team close in a friendly last year.

Adu's youthful enthusiasm is evident as he contemplates what the MLS All-Stars must do to win: "We really need to just dive in and take it to them. We can't sit back and wait. Because then they'll have an easy time. We need to get in their faces and give them no room -- and really just be buzzing around all over. We need to try and frustrate them, I guess. Then I think we'll have a good shot."

Adu was on the All-Star team once before, during his rookie season.

"It's definitely different than the first one, because this one I feel like I deserved it," Adu said. "The first time around, it was more for marketing and just getting buzz around the All-Star game and whatnot. This time, it was real, and it makes it a little bit more special.

"When I came in the league, it definitely wasn't an easy transition, but this says a lot. It says a lot about how hard I've worked and how far I've come. I just want to keep it going. I'm definitely not where I want to be at."

Hackworth said that the best of Adu is probably yet to come: "I still think there's a lot more that Freddy can give. In the next couple of years, I think everyone will see some of the special qualities in Freddy's game."

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: A star is forming - Freddy Adu Again
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2006, 08:15:14 AM »
He is coming along but still needs to be in Europe to really develop. The comment below was funny to me.

It was hard for the talented youngster to watch other emerging stars at the World Cup, though. Especially ones like Lionel Messi, since Adu and his fellow U.S. players had beaten Argentina in group play at the last U-21 World Cup.

"It was frustrating," Adu admitted. "I played these guys. They're getting a chance with their national teams and I'm sitting at home watching the World Cup. It's tough. I didn't really enjoy that."

Can't really compare what Adu does in DC United to Messi in Barcelona, the latter playing along side Ronaldinho, Eto, Larsson

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2006, 08:41:39 AM »
Who ever told him to stay with MLS is giving him bad advise! He would have been much more advance playing in Europe if he had taking the offers at that time. When you play around average talent you stay average. I would have pack my bags and rolled out to Europe with out without my parents. ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2006, 08:47:09 AM »
May be wrong but i thought he had some rule or complication where he had to wait until 18?

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2006, 09:06:38 AM »
He is coming along but still needs to be in Europe to really develop. The comment below was funny to me.

Can't really compare what Adu does in DC United to Messi in Barcelona, the latter playing along side Ronaldinho, Eto, Larsson

Yuh think that funny...well this even funnier

Albright noted that Adu seemed to be picking up improvements from his teammates: "He's playing with a lot of good offensive players in D.C., so I'm sure he's taken away a lot of things from Christian and Jaime."

What lot of things could he be taking away from Christian and Jaime Moreno...that statement is rediculous.  Adu already on they level and whatever he learning from them is minute compared to being in an environment where he playing with the best in the World.  He need to go...and fast.

I not an MLS basher but to be that talented and surrounding yuhself with average players is not really helpful.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2006, 09:09:22 AM »
May be wrong but i thought he had some rule or complication where he had to wait until 18?

Yeah he hadda to wait till 18 to play for a league 1st team but he would have been playing in reserve just like Messi did.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2006, 09:14:50 AM »
well i hope quavis kirk reads this
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2006, 09:21:28 AM »

Yeah he hadda to wait till 18 to play for a league 1st team but he would have been playing in reserve just like Messi did.
Playing on the reserve for Man-U or one of the other tops...would have been much better than MLS first team. Yorke left at age 16 to play for Villa.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2006, 10:13:44 AM »
Question-would he have made the same amount of money with a man U reserves?

fella still young at 18 he could still make that jump.

Offline trinikid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2006, 11:38:57 AM »
I think was his mom who didnt want him to go europe he was pretty young and roar so she wanted him to be around her anyways i think now is the righteous time for him to head europe and develop his game cause he is natural talent and far more He should play for GHANA not usa. The usa plays a kind of a robot game lol them learn to play football them in have no natural talent whe wouldnt be able to show his skills

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2006, 11:50:12 AM »
Since he says his dream is to play in the world cup then he is better off with the usa than ghana simply because usa is almost assured of their concacaf spot every four years, is real war in africa to qualify, almost all the teams are on the same level.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2006, 11:58:55 AM »
I will never forgive him for not being true to his roots... the man born in Ghana was inspired to play football from his Ghanain heritage and is the only reason hes a start today...

Thats treason by to me.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2006, 02:32:32 PM »
I will never forgive him for not being true to his roots... the man born in Ghana was inspired to play football from his Ghanain heritage and is the only reason hes a start today...

Thats treason by to me.

I used play with this dude named Hazard and he played on the same team with freddy and would just keep telling us about how great this dude was at the age 11 to 13...so I guess he was telling the truth! Soon as US National team and  immigration find out that man could play... they show up at he door and he and his whole family geh they citizenship yes with no problems diplomat status yes! Why would he want to go back and play for Ghana when he and he family run over here from they country. :rotfl:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2006, 07:53:33 AM »

Thats treason by to me.

Wildly inaccurate post. He was born in Ghana but left when he was 8. Yuh know better than that Jefferz...accusing a teenager whose football and life in general has been nurtured and developed in the US moreso than in Ghana, is really a bit callous. Where are his friends, who are his mentors? Which national teams did he play for as a youth and who has shown most interest in his football development all his life? Is Birchall is a traitor? What about Deco? Owen Hargreaves? All traitors right?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2006, 07:59:45 AM »

What lot of things could he be taking away from Christian and Jaime Moreno...that statement is rediculous.  Adu already on they level and whatever he learning from them is minute compared to being in an environment where he playing with the best in the World.  He need to go...and fast.

I not an MLS basher but to be that talented and surrounding yuhself with average players is not really helpful.

those players aren't average and the statement is not ridiculous. plus, even if you feel his skill level and technique is superior to these guys there is still the issue of experience. he will learn a lot about the game from players who may not have his ability but have seen more than him. it is ridiculous to think young skilled players have nothing to learn from their older more experienced counterparts just because the younger player's skill level is superior

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2006, 09:09:48 AM »

those players aren't average and the statement is not ridiculous. plus, even if you feel his skill level and technique is superior to these guys there is still the issue of experience. he will learn a lot about the game from players who may not have his ability but have seen more than him. it is ridiculous to think young skilled players have nothing to learn from their older more experienced counterparts just because the younger player's skill level is superior

WOW

You Misquoted, Misinterpreted, and Misunderstood MY ENTIRE POST. Yuh come up wrong on all accounts.

Never said anything you claim I said or insinuated.  Yuh Overstated and Inflated what I said to further yuh argument. Yuh move like ah politician dey and ah ketch yuh, yuh wretch yuh :devil:

Read the post again or matter of fact Wheel and come again :chilling:

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2006, 09:43:25 AM »

Thats treason by to me.

Wildly inaccurate post. He was born in Ghana but left when he was 8. Yuh know better than that Jefferz...accusing a teenager whose football and life in general has been nurtured and developed in the US moreso than in Ghana, is really a bit callous. Where are his friends, who are his mentors? Which national teams did he play for as a youth and who has shown most interest in his football development all his life? Is Birchall is a traitor? What about Deco? Owen Hargreaves? All traitors right?

ahhh your right... you know you are... im just sour cuz Ghana is meh second team to T&T.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2006, 11:28:35 AM »

WOW

You Misquoted, Misinterpreted, and Misunderstood MY ENTIRE POST. Yuh come up wrong on all accounts.

Never said anything you claim I said or insinuated.  Yuh Overstated and Inflated what I said to further yuh argument. Yuh move like ah politician dey and ah ketch yuh, yuh wretch yuh :devil:

Calling me a politician? Listen to yourself Mr. 'Insinuated, Overstated and Inflated'. Boss, dat is real Jones  :beermug: :beermug: I apologize if you think I twisted what you said. Really not my intention. But I think you focusing on minutae to deflect that I made a reasonable point that does address the topic directly. I made a point based on what you implied by saying Adu was already on their level. Inform me as to what you meant then if you did not mean skill level and technique? I did exaggerate two points when making my argument but I did not misunderstand your ENTIRE post at all. How so? Explain how I did not address the essence of your argument. You said he was already on their level and what he would learn would be minute. I said..even if you felt he was superior, he could still learn alot and it was ridiculous to think he would learn nothing..take away 'superior' and replace with 'on the same level' and take away 'nothing' and replace with 'minute' and you will see I am making the exact same point. Please explain how I inflated and misunderstood your entire post? That is a joke...Sure you made a comparison to how much he would learn comapred to a top foreign league...but your first sentence was absolute...and was a direct response to Albright's assertion. He said clearly you didn't think he could learn a whole lot from Moreno and Gonzales..i address that pretty directly I believe. I guess you are going to say that you did not imply they were average when you said he was surrounded by average players..come nah man
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 11:42:38 AM by Filho »

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2006, 12:05:21 PM »

WOW

Calling me a politician? Listen to yourself Mr. 'Insinuated, Overstated and Inflated'. Boss, dat is real Jones  :beermug: :beermug: I apologize if you think I twisted what you said. Really not my intention. But I think you focusing on minutae to deflect that I made a reasonable point that does address the topic directly. I made a point based on what you implied by saying Adu was already on their level. Inform me as to what you meant then if you did not mean skill level and technique? I did exaggerate two points when making my argument but I did not misunderstand your ENTIRE post at all. How so? Explain how I did not address the essence of your argument. You said he was already on their level and what he would learn would be minute. I said..even if you felt he was superior, he could still learn alot and it was ridiculous to think he would learn nothing..take away 'superior' and replace with 'on the same level' and take away 'nothing' and replace with 'minute' and you will see I am making the exact same point. Please explain how I inflated and misunderstood your entire post? That is a joke...Sure you made a comparison to how much he would learn comapred to a top foreign league...but your first sentence was absolute...and was a direct response to Albright's assertion. He said clearly you didn't think he could learn a whole lot from Moreno and Gonzales..i address that pretty directly I believe. I guess you are going to say that you did not imply they were average when you said he was surrounded by average players..come nah man

I think I made myself clear.

I have to laugh because I look at my post and it is to the point and short. Then I look at your explaination of my post and what you wrote and thought to myself you wouldn't have to write as much....had you not conveniently changed up my words :devil:

I said politician because you took words I said and replaced them with words I never said then tell me that is what I was essentially saying. NOPE
If that is what i wanted to say....I would have said that. That is politricks.

Like ah say....yuh pull as fast one and get ketch...Now had I said what you "thought" I said or meant then I would think it required further explaination but I didn't.

I do think a lot of your posts are good and many times it is hard to dispute or disagree but this time...not so

I think what I said needs no further explaination though..it clear and binding :chilling:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2006, 12:39:47 PM »

WOW

I think I made myself clear.

I have to laugh because I look at my post and it is to the point and short. Then I look at your explaination of my post and what you wrote and thought to myself you wouldn't have to write as much....had you not conveniently changed up my words :devil:

I said politician because you took words I said and replaced them with words I never said then tell me that is what I was essentially saying. NOPE
If that is what i wanted to say....I would have said that. That is politricks.

Like ah say....yuh pull as fast one and get ketch...Now had I said what you "thought" I said or meant then I would think it required further explaination but I didn't.

I do think a lot of your posts are good and many times it is hard to dispute or disagree but this time...not so

I think what I said needs no further explaination though..it clear and binding :chilling:

first, i did not pull a fast one. I simply responded to your posts. If yuh beleive I exaggerated..fine. But don't insult my character like that. That is kinda low..is not like i talking behind your back..I inlcuded your post with mine. That alone should make it clear I wasn't trying nutten...so don't insult me.

second..yuh write two long winded posts and refused to address how I misinterpreted your entire post. you could have spent that time educating me how I was off the mark, I would have been cool with that, give yuh some respek and talk done. instead..is insult time. You just sound upset that I disagreed with you and instead of correcting me and showing me how I erred..you try to make it look like I'm a low post trying to pulla a fast one..and llike I said..I attached your post for all to see. So yuh talking real garbage. I read your posts and responded without going back and nitpicking on every word. So now..stop being immature and lewwe just post like adults..I interpret your point as Albright's statement was ridiculous and because Fredi was already on Moreno and Gonzale's level and therefore could learn very little from these average MLS players...and he should move abroad soon. Tell me where I went wrong there. The gist of my response....he might superior to their skill level but he could still learn a lot from their experience and that in my opinion they weren't average players anyway, and thereby implying Albright has made a good point....Where have I twisted the essence of the post?

i was never being sarcastic..i thought this is an excellent discussion point. just be cool and lemme know where I misinterpreted you and doh play yuh know me to be questioning my character and call me names. I never move like that. hold it dong and stick to the football debates :beermug: :beermug: When I wrong I wrong..IF you not mature enough to directly answer someone when they want to have a discussion with you..then perhaps someone else could explain how I was so off the mark as to be deceitful and desreving a politrickster ranks

1]; } ?>