March 28, 2024, 04:42:49 AM

Author Topic: Much ado about Freddy  (Read 36732 times)

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A star is forming - Freddy Adu Again
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2006, 12:54:08 PM »
He is coming along but still needs to be in Europe to really develop. The comment below was funny to me.

It was hard for the talented youngster to watch other emerging stars at the World Cup, though. Especially ones like Lionel Messi, since Adu and his fellow U.S. players had beaten Argentina in group play at the last U-21 World Cup.

"It was frustrating," Adu admitted. "I played these guys. They're getting a chance with their national teams and I'm sitting at home watching the World Cup. It's tough. I didn't really enjoy that."

Can't really compare what Adu does in DC United to Messi in Barcelona, the latter playing along side Ronaldinho, Eto, Larsson

Yuh think that funny...well this even funnier

Albright noted that Adu seemed to be picking up improvements from his teammates: "He's playing with a lot of good offensive players in D.C., so I'm sure he's taken away a lot of things from Christian and Jaime."

What lot of things could he be taking away from Christian and Jaime Moreno...that statement is rediculous.  Adu already on they level and whatever he learning from them is minute compared to being in an environment where he playing with the best in the World.  He need to go...and fast.

I not an MLS basher but to be that talented and surrounding yuhself with average players is not really helpful.

those players aren't average and the statement is not ridiculous. plus, even if you feel his skill level and technique is superior to these guys there is still the issue of experience. he will learn a lot about the game from players who may not have his ability but have seen more than him. it is ridiculous to think young skilled players have nothing to learn from their older more experienced counterparts just because the younger player's skill level is superior

WOW

You Misquoted, Misinterpreted, and Misunderstood MY ENTIRE POST. Yuh come up wrong on all accounts.

Never said anything you claim I said or insinuated.  Yuh Overstated and Inflated what I said to further yuh argument. Yuh move like ah politician dey and ah ketch yuh, yuh wretch yuh :devil:

Read the post again or matter of fact Wheel and come again :chilling:

Calling me a politician? Listen to yourself Mr. 'Insinuated, Overstated and Inflated'. Boss, dat is real Jones  :beermug: :beermug: I apologize if you think I twisted what you said. Really not my intention. But I think you focusing on minutae to deflect that I made a reasonable point that does address the topic directly. I made a point based on what you implied by saying Adu was already on their level. Inform me as to what you meant then if you did not mean skill level and technique? I did exaggerate two points when making my argument but I did not misunderstand your ENTIRE post at all. How so? Explain how I did not address the essence of your argument. You said he was already on their level and what he would learn would be minute. I said..even if you felt he was superior, he could still learn alot and it was ridiculous to think he would learn nothing..take away 'superior' and replace with 'on the same level' and take away 'nothing' and replace with 'minute' and you will see I am making the exact same point. Please explain how I inflated and misunderstood your entire post? That is a joke...Sure you made a comparison to how much he would learn comapred to a top foreign league...but your first sentence was absolute...and was a direct response to Albright's assertion. He said clearly you didn't think he could learn a whole lot from Moreno and Gonzales..i address that pretty directly I believe. I guess you are going to say that you did not imply they were average when you said he was surrounded by average players..come nah man

I think I made myself clear.

I have to laugh because I look at my post and it is to the point and short. Then I look at your explaination of my post and what you wrote and thought to myself you wouldn't have to write as much....had you not conveniently changed up my words :devil:

I said politician because you took words I said and replaced them with words I never said then tell me that is what I was essentially saying. NOPE
If that is what i wanted to say....I would have said that. That is politricks.

Like ah say....yuh pull as fast one and get ketch...Now had I said what you "thought" I said or meant then I would think it required further explaination but I didn't.

I do think a lot of your posts are good and many times it is hard to dispute or disagree but this time...not so

I think what I said needs no further explaination though..it clear and binding :chilling:

first, i did not pull a fast one. I simply responded to your posts. If yuh beleive I exaggerated..fine. But don't insult my character like that. That is kinda low..is not like i talking behind your back..I inlcuded your post with mine. That alone should make it clear I wasn't trying nutten...so don't insult me.

second..yuh write two long winded posts and refused to address how I misinterpreted your entire post. you could have spent that time educating me how I was off the mark, I would have been cool with that, give yuh some respek and talk done. instead..is insult time. You just sound upset that I disagreed with you and instead of correcting me and showing me how I erred..you try to make it look like I'm a low post trying to pulla a fast one..and llike I said..I attached your post for all to see. So yuh talking real garbage. I read your posts and responded without going back and nitpicking on every word. So now..stop being immature and lewwe just post like adults..I interpret your point as Albright's statement was ridiculous and because Fredi was already on Moreno and Gonzale's level and therefore could learn very little from these average MLS players...and he should move abroad soon. Tell me where I went wrong there. The gist of my response....he might superior to their skill level but he could still learn a lot from their experience and that in my opinion they weren't average players anyway, and thereby implying Albright has made a good point....Where have I twisted the essence of the post?

i was never being sarcastic..i thought this is an excellent discussion point. just be cool and lemme know where I misinterpreted you and doh play yuh know me to be questioning my character and call me names. I never move like that. hold it dong and stick to the football debates :beermug: :beermug: When I wrong I wrong..IF you not mature enough to directly answer someone when they want to have a discussion with you..then perhaps someone else could explain how I was so off the mark as to be deceitful and desreving a politrickster ranks

Breds if yuh read meh post yuh would see I never tried to insult you. Matter of fact I even told you I find most of your posts are good and it is hard to dispute it.

Look at my posts and yours and tell me if "I" was being long winded. 

The fact remains that you DID change words from what I said and replaced it with words I NEVER used....which changed everything. That is indisputable
The politricks remark was a joke because you changed my words and then asked me to explain what I meant by them when I never said what u wrote.

Had you responded to what I said without changing anything then I felt like I could respond but I did't use those words and if you look in the dictionary your replacement does not mean the same thing. How is this so difficult to comprehend....I just shaking my head in amusement...and just for the record I doh mean that in an insultive way :chilling:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2006, 01:16:09 PM »

Breds if yuh read meh post yuh would see I never tried to insult you. Matter of fact I even told you I find most of your posts are good and it is hard to dispute it.

The fact remains that you DID change words from what I said and replaced it with words I NEVER used....which changed everything. That is indisputable
The politricks remark was a joke because you changed my words and then asked me to explain what I meant by them when I never said what u wrote.

Had you responded to what I said without changing anything then I felt like I could respond but I did't use those words and if you look in the dictionary your replacement does not mean the same thing. How is this so difficult to comprehend....I just shaking my head in amusement...and just for the record I doh mean that in an insultive way :chilling:

This is silly. And I am shaking my head at how you cannot answer a simple question. I admitted from the beginning I used the wrong words. But I stand by the assertion that if I changed those two words back to the words you used..it does NOT change the gist of the topic. Noone in their right mind can prove otherwise. You cannot even do it..hence 3 waste of time posts where you ahve said absolutely nothing. ANd you are calling me long-winded. Go ahead..I beg you to change the words I used..replace them with your words..guess what...it's the same point. I did not misunderstand what you posted. I simply responded with overly strong replacements by accident..that ahppens every day when people are dicussing a topic. You can correct me for exaggerating, but you are joking when you say I changed everything. And regardless of whatever you think of my past posts, you did insult me. Telling someone they tried to pull a fast one and they got caught, and they are a politician implies deceit..but you doh even have the decency to admit that. Anybody reading this string of posts will find your evasion of the topic really jokey. Especially since you claim you made a simple statement..should have been simple to show how my comments are totally off the mark..but guess what..you can't.  Boss..I really eh have a problem with you..Take win. Cuz I know if yuh even bother to reply is the same ole song and dance and no substance. If you do decide to actually show me how I have gone astray...bless and respect  :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2006, 01:20:16 PM »

ok Massive & Filho

ah jumpin' eeen because this argument warrants way less words. Massive I agree (and Filho admitted), that Filho's rebuttal to your original post was too strong because I intrepreted your post to mean, that whatever Freddy could learn from Jaime & co. is significantly less than what he would learn from veterans in Europe.....plain and simple..and I know you didn't mean to imply that Freddy could learn "nothing"....as Filho said in his response.

however saying that Freddy is "already on their level" , calling the statement "rediculous", and by asking "what lot of things could he learn from them"....is in itself an exaggeration & based on pure speculation, because the truth is Freddy could well be learning alot from these guys, and your knowledge of his ability & know-how compared to theirs is very limited. In the end, you'd have to get Freddy's take on it to really understand what he's learning from those guys, before jumping out and making such statements........and from the article it would seem that Freddy IS IN FACT learning alot from his more experienced teammates

and that is what Filho was commenting on by saying EVEN IF u think his skills are superior, he could still be learning alot........(even if implies that he accepts that you think they are on the same level, but IN THE EVEN THAT you thought he was on a higher level etc etc).......so it's not a complete misunderstanding of your post, it's just taking it one step further to strengthen his point......and he makes a good point.....no ?

Massive all yuh had to do was say "yeah yuh make a good point, but I didn't mean to imply that he would learn nothing yadda yadda etc....", and all this setta pc muscle banter would be uncalled for....

This forum is de best yes.....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 01:23:24 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2006, 01:35:56 PM »
Kicker and Fihlo I respect both of all yuh opinions, but as some one fairly new to this board i've realize whenever Filho is in ah disscussion with another formite, Kicker always get in and usually agrees with Filho.Now gentlemen plz do not take this the wrong way I'm not suggesting bais, as there is nothing wrong in 2 men thinking alike and sharing the same views but just out of curiousty, do you guys ever dissagree on this board ?
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2006, 01:38:12 PM »

ok Massive & Filho

ah jumpin' eeen because this argument warrants way less words. Massive I agree (and Filho admitted), that Filho's rebuttal to your original post was too strong because I intrepreted your post to mean, that whatever Freddy could learn from Jaime & co. is significantly less than what he would learn from veterans in Europe.....plain and simple..and I know you didn't mean to imply that Freddy could learn "nothing"....as Filho said in his response.

however saying that Freddy is "already on their level" , calling the statement "rediculous", and by asking "what lot of things could he learn from them"....is in itself an exaggeration & based on pure speculation, because the truth is Freddy could well be learning alot from these guys, and your knowledge of his ability & know-how compared to theirs is very limited. In the end, you'd have to get Freddy's take on it to really understand what he's learning from those guys, before jumping out and making such statements........and from the article it would seem that Freddy IS IN FACT learning alot from his more experienced teammates

and that is what Filho was commenting on by saying EVEN IF u think his skills are superior, he could still be learning alot........(even if implies that he accepts that you think they are on the same level, but IN THE EVEN THAT you thought he was on a higher level etc etc).......so it's not a complete misunderstanding of your post, it's just taking it one step further to strengthen his point......and he makes a good point.....no ?

Massive all yuh had to do was say "yeah yuh make a good point, but I didn't mean to imply that he would learn nothing yadda yadda etc....", and all this setta pc muscle banter would be uncalled for....

well said kicker...that is all massive had to say and i admitted a long time ago that my words exaggerated his point. but the gist of my argument has not changed nor did i twist everything he said i even spelt out exactly how i interpreted massive's post and it is more or less in line with your intepretation. i apologize to trinimassive for any strong words i used..it is  decent discussion topic an i didn't mean to take it so far.

bless

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2006, 01:41:29 PM »
Kicker and Fihlo I respect both of all yuh opinions, but as some one fairly new to this board i've realize whenever Filho is in ah disscussion with another formite, Kicker always get in and usually agrees with Filho.Now gentlemen plz do not take this the wrong way I'm not suggesting bais, as there is nothing wrong in 2 men thinking alike and sharing the same views but just out of curiousty, do you guys ever dissagree on this board ?

I agreed with both sides......check it and you would see.....

I've disagreed with everybody including Filho, but when a man makin' sense, he makin' sense....it's that simple....and in this case both Massive & Filho had good points and the argument was unnecessary.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 01:43:46 PM by kicker »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2006, 01:44:27 PM »

yeah.we disagree.....especially since he is a Madrid man and I am 100% Barca..haha. but notice he also defended trinimassive. to me, he first explains how
i added too much to what massive was saying...i didn't see his response as leaning one way or the other.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2006, 01:51:17 PM »
Respect gentlemen....
however Kicker ah have tuh side wid yuh pardner here as Barca will kick(er) Real Mad tail dis year .... ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 01:53:44 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2006, 01:51:52 PM »
Respect gentlemen....
......however Kicker ah have tuh side wid yuh pardner here as Barca will kick(er) Real Mad tail dis year .... ;D

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2006, 01:55:49 PM »
The common trait on this board that is people mistake disagreement for disrespect.....and in typical Trini fahsion, the point gets lost in arguement and people instead just try to be smart & cocky to win an argument instead of just trying to meet at a middle ground and see where eachother is coming from....The majority of debates on this board don't have a right or wrong......

It frustrating, to be involved in and to read, especially when yuh know the poster personally and yuh empathize with their position

Respect gentlemen....
however Kicker ah have tuh side wid yuh pardner here as Barca will kick(er) Real Mad tail dis year .... ;D

That argument however is exception B' because yuh damn wrong !!!  ;D

GO MADRID !!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2006, 01:55:55 PM »

ok Massive & Filho

Yes this forum is de best...

But first off let me say...he tell meh take win...and ah takin it...rightly so :chilling:

This is what I said and I Will explain it to show where there were NO holes

He is coming along but still needs to be in Europe to really develop. The comment below was funny to me.

It was hard for the talented youngster to watch other emerging stars at the World Cup, though. Especially ones like Lionel Messi, since Adu and his fellow U.S. players had beaten Argentina in group play at the last U-21 World Cup.

"It was frustrating," Adu admitted. "I played these guys. They're getting a chance with their national teams and I'm sitting at home watching the World Cup. It's tough. I didn't really enjoy that."

Can't really compare what Adu does in DC United to Messi in Barcelona, the latter playing along side Ronaldinho, Eto, Larsson

Yuh think that funny...well this even funnier

Albright noted that Adu seemed to be picking up improvements from his teammates: "He's playing with a lot of good offensive players in D.C., so I'm sure he's taken away a lot of things from Christian and Jaime."

What lot of things could he be taking away from Christian and Jaime Moreno...that statement is rediculous. Adu already on they level and whatever he learning from them is minute compared to being in an environment where he playing with the best in the World. He need to go...and fast.

I not an MLS basher but to be that talented and surrounding yuhself with average players is not really helpful.

Now Filho admitted that he put in words I never said.  But if yuh read my post it water and air tight.  I said what he would learn would be minute compared to.....not that he wouldnt learn anything.  I didn't say he was superior...I said he already on their level...which he is. He no longer looks out of place on the field. I said surrounding yuhself with average players is not really helpful...and quite frankly it is not really helpful...For Him because he was/is considered one of the best young players in the world.

Adu mentioned Messi but unlike Adu..Messi didn't surround himself with average players even if he could gain "average" knowledge he didn't have. It doesn't compare to being at Barca.

Saying all that...when Filho changed up my words I felt like it wasnt anything I had to clearify because I would have been clearifying something I didn't say.

But what I said I still felt is air and water tight because I put it in perspective by comparing his enviromnent to a higher level.

Whew. I think this will do it..I pray it does :angel:

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2006, 02:01:18 PM »
Massive de man dun give yuh win,he apologise,he commend yuh on having good points oh gawd boy buh like yuh want de trophy ...all yuh gid de man de trophy please or is another 5 page ...say wah it intersting doe
.... :beermug: :devil:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2006, 02:03:51 PM »
The common trait on this board that is people mistake disagreement for disrespect.....and in typical Trini fahsion, the point gets lost in arguement and people instead just try to be smart & cocky to win an argument instead of just trying to meet at a middle ground and see where eachother is coming from....The majority of debates on this board don't have a right or wrong......

It frustrating, to be involved in and to read, especially when yuh know the poster personally and yuh empathize with their position

Respect gentlemen....

That argument however is exception B' because yuh damn wrong !!!  ;DGO MADRID !!

ah like yuh reasoning  :rotfl: ....buh is still licks  :beermug:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2006, 02:07:11 PM »
Massive de man dun give yuh win,he apologise,he commend yuh on having good points oh gawd boy buh like yuh want de trophy ...all yuh gid de man de trophy please or is another 5 page ...say wah it intersting doe

Yeah ah wah de trophy yes

Ah ent walking pass the trophy like Zidane...ah taking it with meh :devil:

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2006, 02:10:57 PM »

Yeah ah wah de trophy yes

Ah ent walking pass the trophy like Zidane...ah taking it with meh :devil:

Filho  :cheers: Massive

to me is ah draw so all yuh hah to share de trophy
 :beermug: one for you      :beermug: and one for Filho ...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 02:12:46 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2006, 02:38:46 PM »
Now Filho admitted that he put in words I never said.  But if yuh read my post it water and air tight.  I said what he would learn would be minute compared to.....not that he wouldnt learn anything.  I didn't say he was superior...I said he already on their level...which he is. He no longer looks out of place on the field. I said surrounding yuhself with average players is not really helpful...and quite frankly it is not really helpful...For Him because he was/is considered one of the best young players in the world.

Adu mentioned Messi but unlike Adu..Messi didn't surround himself with average players even if he could gain "average" knowledge he didn't have. It doesn't compare to being at Barca.

Saying all that...when Filho changed up my words I felt like it wasnt anything I had to clearify because I would have been clearifying something I didn't say.

But what I said I still felt is air and water tight because I put it in perspective by comparing his enviromnent to a higher level.

cool ting berris..trinimassive..u kinda immature. you didn't say anything kicker didn't say..and yuh still eh cool enough to own up to unncessary insults..i done give yuh your props and i still stand by the points I made. that simple, but yuh too small for that. good luck to you boss..I really gone now. Hopefully we will be cool on another post when you ready to chill :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 02:42:12 PM by Filho »

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2006, 03:00:26 PM »

cool ting berris..trinimassive..u kinda immature. you didn't say anything kicker didn't say..and yuh still eh cool enough to own up to unncessary insults..i done give yuh your props and i still stand by the points I made. that simple, but yuh too small for that. good luck to you boss..I really gone now. Hopefully we will be cool on another post when you ready to chill :beermug:

I so chill I nearly turnin Ice.  1) Kicker is probably ah faster typist 2) I was on the phone and typing so I take kinda long to finish the post that is why it come after some other posts so it seemed like ah was gloating and gallavanting. You real defensive today breds. Take it easy nah. Where I insult you. I makin joke and you gettin worked up.

Is you tell meh take win...so ah take it...then yuh vex. I easy like sunday morning

Berris was jokin bout the trophy I joke back next ting yuh sayin bout immature

Yuh eh cuss meh..I eh cuss yuh. I ent call yuh idiot, stupid, dotish, retard, or bush

I cool breds :chilling:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2006, 03:19:24 PM »

I so chill I nearly turnin Ice.  1) Kicker is probably ah faster typist 2) I was on the phone and typing so I take kinda long to finish the post that is why it come after some other posts so it seemed like ah was gloating and gallavanting.

breds...u responded to kicker's post. it attached to yours.
anyhow..yuh not immature..yuh just forgot you replied to a post you said you didn't see by accident ;). anyway...i hope you understand why i thought you were overdoing it...cuz of the timng of your post. not sure what to make of your last explanation...and we both being a little defensive. i apologize for my contribution to that .this is real ridiculous. sorry for going on and on. i agree with you that Adu could probably learn more in a  better league but i still beleive the veterans in MLS can teach him alot and they're not all average
trinimassive..big up yuhself soldier..i cool

until next time breds  :beermug: :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 03:51:37 PM by Filho »

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Freddy Adu Transferred!
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2006, 04:54:56 PM »
Adu Headed to Real Salt Lake

By Steven Goff
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, December 11, 2006; 5:31 PM

Freddy Adu's three-year stay with D.C. United is over, but not because of a move to a European club.

Adu, who joined United in 2004 at age 14, has been traded along with veteran goalkeeper Nick Rimando to Real Salt Lake for a major player allocation from MLS, reserve goalie Jay Nolly and future considerations.

Adu recently returned from a two-week training session with Manchester United and hopes to sign with a team in Europe sometime after his 18th birthday in June.

He has been a work in progress since signing a four-year contract with MLS, showing flashes of brilliance but also exhibiting growing pains in a professional setting. In addition, his relationship with Coach Peter Nowak has been strained at times as he grew frustrated with playing time in 2005 and with his role on the field the past two years.

In his three seasons, Adu has 11 goals and 17 assists in 87 regular season appearances.

Rimando spent five seasons with United, but was relegated to a reserve role following the emergence of Troy Perkins this season. Nolly has been in the league for two years, appearing in seven games and making six starts.

United is expected to use the player allocation to acquire a Brazilian or Argentine attacking player. Nowak and United technical director Dave Kasper recently visited those two countries on a scouting mission.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Freddy Adu Transferred!
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2006, 04:59:01 PM »
United is expected to use the player allocation to acquire a Brazilian or Argentine attacking player.

talk about stereotype  :D

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2006, 06:33:56 PM »
United is expected to use the player allocation to acquire a Brazilian or Argentine attacking player.

If you were looking for a pannist where would you look first ? Stereotypes are earned most of the times you know ...

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2006, 06:35:29 PM »

If you were looking for a pannist where would you look first ? Stereotypes are earned most of the times you know ...
jai dat a dangerous statement...wah bout the stereotypes many white persons have of blacks? are those well earned....
in case of de argentian attacking maybe then it is earned....but broad statement like that open to be abused...
jus my 2 cents
Back in Trini...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2006, 06:52:16 PM »
Real Mardid surely organised this..   (both Real And Salt Lake are tied either financially or friendship(feeder club).. not to sure)

very dissapointed...   seems more than ever los galaticos won the race

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2006, 07:03:09 PM »
i eh want to see adu anywhere near real madrid....he eh prove himself to be anyting super special to me as yet
Back in Trini...

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2006, 07:17:25 PM »
i eh want to see adu anywhere near real madrid

he aint ready for the Red Devils yet either..

Real Salt Lake is probably the best move at this point...
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2006, 09:27:25 PM »
Much Adu about nuthin
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2006, 09:33:18 PM »
Real Mardid surely organised this..   (both Real And Salt Lake are tied either financially or friendship(feeder club).. not to sure)
very dissapointed...   seems more than ever los galaticos won the race
Real Salt Lake strengthens bonds with Real Madrid

James Edward Deseret Morning News
While bond measures and stadium financing dominated much of Saturday's press conference with Dave Checketts, the Real Salt Lake owner did insert a little snippet that should excite soccer fans.

In addition to confirming that Real Madrid will indeed be coming to Salt Lake City on Aug. 12 to play an exhibition game, assuming it finishes in the top two in the Spanish First Division, he also revealed RSL's long-rumored partnership with the European power.

"We're pursuing a permanent sister-team relationship with Real Madrid," said Checketts. "We're actually talking with them about handling all of their U.S. rights, licensing, merchandising, television. They need an American partner.

"The benefits will be that Real Salt Lake in the future will be able to train at Real Madrid's practice facilities, and Real Madrid will come here to play on a regular basis."

Perhaps the most exciting thing for the future of soccer in the Beehive State is Real Madrid's desire to become RSL's partner in the construction of a soccer academy in Utah.

Major League Soccer's board of governors recently passed a bylaw that rewards clubs who build their own soccer academies. As a result, MLS teams will retain the rights to any player developed in those academies, and Madrid wants to become RSL's partner with the construction of its academy.

In regard to the Aug. 12 exhibition game with Real Madrid, Checketts still isn't sure where the game will be played. He is, however, leaning toward LaVell Edwards Stadium in Provo because it's a natural grass playing surface and it seats 20,000 more people.

"Real Madrid is not going to play on a temporary grass or fake grass," said Checketts.

With two games remaining in the Spanish season, Real Madrid sits in second place, one point ahead of Valencia. If it finishes second, the August international friendly is a done deal. If Madrid finishes third, RSL's contingency plan is a game with an Italian First Division team.

LATE SCRATCH: Salt Lake left back Daniel Torres, who early in the week complained of pain in his left knee, was a late scratch from the RSL line-up.

Torres, who had started the first five games for RSL, was replaced in the line-up by rookie Willis Forko.

"I thought Willis did well," said RSL coach John Ellinger.

The Houston native was a second-round supplemental draft pick for RSL in January. Having played in three reserve games prior to his MLS debut Saturday, Forko said he felt at home the entire game.

"I felt comfortable. It wasn't a last-minute thing because we knew Danny maybe wasn't going to play, so I was just prepared myself expecting to play," said Forko.

The rookie wasn't the only RSL player who made his debut.

In the 84th minute, in a desperate attempt by Salt Lake to net an equalizer, Christian Jimenez came on for Carey Talley.

WHAT MIGHT'VE BEEN: Salt Lake could've really used Jason Kreis' finishing.

On a night no one could put a quality shot on goal, having MLS' all-time leading scorer on the field could've helped.

"It's always an impact not to have Jason," said Ellinger, about his striker who was suspended for his red card last week. "You finally get him back to starting at forward, and again, it's his leadership and willingness to die for the franchise. You miss him when he's not out there."

He will be back in the line-up for RSL heads to Los Angeles next week.

FOREIGN TERRITORY: Despite Real's winless streak, midfielder Chris Klein insists the team can turn things around.

"We're 0-5-1, and I've never experienced things like this, and to be honest, I don't think this is a bad team." said Klein. "That's the most frustration thing about this whole thing, I've been on bad teams before, and I don't think this is a bad team."

He knows, however, that the team will ultimately be defined by wins and losses, not how the team plays.

E-mail: jedward@desnews.com

Copyright C 2006 Deseret News Publishing Co.
Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights Reserved.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20060507/ai_n16352912
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2006, 11:29:21 PM »

adu eh nuttin nah much to prove still from such a 'great player'

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2006, 07:44:45 AM »
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2006, 09:16:20 AM »
It's unfortunate to see this young guy with talent slowly fade,But I've been saying it for sometime now he's not that good and if he's lucky he'll be on the u.s. national squad in another life........ 

1]; } ?>