Poll

Could we afford to, or we can't?

yes
11 (55%)
no
9 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: May 04, 2006, 01:30:41 PM

Author Topic: Could TT Afford to Throw Away Players?  (Read 3148 times)

TrinInfinite

Could TT Afford to Throw Away Players?
« on: January 24, 2006, 01:30:41 PM »
In regards to jai john's post, it made the most sense and brought up a topic I have been meaning to discuss. Can we throw away players with a population of 1.1 million and relatively small talent pool. We cannot boast of a population of 120 million like Brazil, so can we afford to throw away any talent that we feel can make a difference. The answer is simply no, we cannot throw our home grown talent. It will work against us negatively and may take generations to recoperate this talent.

I for one are against putting down the level of skill of our players, many have forgotten that players like whitely, grey and theobald all come from what beenhakker has called a league of low standards, yet they have gotten trials in the highest football leagues in the UK and have even showed better promise than our players who were plying their trade in the UK football when whitley were in the so-called low leagues of trinidad.

It is almost similar to the statement made by Bennett King against our local and regionall league, also where ramdin, bravo,ganga and kelly have been produced from trinidad. This is the same, Beenhakker looks to the UK and has found very little, in essence players who have been barred from playing for a country 2 years ago they never wanted to play for, or thought of playing for. Yet we pin our hopes on the foreign contingent to take us home, this to me is fine but neglect and redicule of our locals is rediculous and it uncalled for.

Throwing away our talent at home is not the answer, I think in the next coach we do have after Beenhakker leaves our presence, should be anon biased individual who can appreciate our talent in Trinidad and harness this talent and make it into a winning combination with our foreign based. Instead of throwing away our local talent, we should embrace it and nurture this talent, bc it is evident it is there and it exists.

Players like Yorke, Latas, John, and many others had this talent and made big impressions in the int'l arena, we have many more of these players that exist in our small nation, buying into talk that degrades our talent I will not endorse, neither will I believe our quality is low, it is dependent on the coach and training staff to harness this natural raw talent and not throw it away and disregard it. I for one believe TT will rise once more in the football arena, but will only do so if we stop wasting our talented individuals that we have and actually get them the help needed to take that next step to stardom.

Vibes It Up

MickeyRat

Re: Could TT Afford to Throw Away Players?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 01:34:47 PM »
TI, with all respect, I think you have become obsessed and should consider NOT posting for a while.  Seriously.  I know you mean well, but it has become quite irritating.  I do not speak for the ‘ALL’, only for myself, and I say to you as man, leave the World Cup selection alone for a while.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 01:36:30 PM »
TI, with all respect, I think you have become obsessed and should consider NOT posting for a while.  Seriously.  I know you mean well, but it has become quite irritating.  I do not speak for the ‘ALL’, only for myself, and I say to you as man, leave the World Cup selection alone for a while.

Agreed... seek help
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 01:44:36 PM »

Agreed... seek help

last time i checked u were not a moderator, not my father and wasnt god, ill post whateva de hell i want, hard headed people like urself need tuh b reminded in order tuh have progression in anything

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 01:46:16 PM »
you dont have to pose a poll for every topic you create. the responses in the thread should answer your question.
Hart for president

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 01:49:39 PM »
TI you talking like gally deh boy !! make it to last game with a total local squad dat everybody wrote off ! where their reputation came from ??? latapy, yorke, Jameson, Charles, Morris, Morris, Lewis etc were home grown....
 no foreigner could tell me that with a good coach fellas like Archibald, Cummings, Ron la forest, sammy, Jughead, berta, O brian , Seadust, Furlonge, marcelle, Peter mitchell etc couldn´t make it big on de pro scene !
T&T produces good talent, will always produce good talent, not only in football but other sports as well, but we need good coaches to nuture that talent.
I have seen 2 players in T&TThese two are Elijah belgrave and marvin james. leave them home and they become like Jughead, Clausel, timothy haynes, Lindley Prince and hardest. ( couldn´t leave him out  )
You know trinis however , Foreign is best !

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 01:49:56 PM »
 TI as a fellow member of socawarriors.net I feel obligated to tell you that you should seek professional help...This thing could get worst....This whole thing is all about one person...go T&T

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 01:51:57 PM »
TI as a fellow member of socawarriors.net I feel obligated to tell you that you should seek professional help...This thing could get worst....go T&T

TI boy, I want to echo that.  You need help horse.  truss me.  you may be obsessive-compulsive

MickeyRat

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 01:55:42 PM »
TI, with all respect, I think you have become obsessed and should consider NOT posting for a while. Seriously. I know you mean well, but it has become quite irritating. I do not speak for the ‘ALL’, only for myself, and I say to you as man, leave the World Cup selection alone for a while.

Agreed... seek help

last time i checked u were not a moderator, not my father and wasnt god, ill post whateva de hell i want, hard headed people like urself need tuh b reminded in order tuh have progression in anything

Peace.

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 02:06:54 PM »
blog
(n.) Short for Web log

blog
On the Internet, a blog (short for weblog) is a personal journal that is frequently updated and intended for general public consumption. Blogs generally represent the personality of the author or reflect the purpose of the Web site that hosts the blog. Topics sometimes include brief philosophical musings, commentary on Internet and other social issues, and links to other sites the author favors. The essential characteristics of the blog are its journal form, typically a new entry each day.
 ::) ::) ::)
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 02:16:46 PM »
Last words for all who postin in TI treads:

STOP FEEDIN THE FIRE.......CAUSE THE FIRE GO BU YUH !!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 02:19:15 PM »
Last words for all who postin in TI treads:

STOP FEEDIN THE FIRE.......CAUSE THE FIRE GO BU YUH !!

this like when we was tryin to get the bahrainis to stop posting
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 02:23:23 PM by ricky »

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 02:20:37 PM »

Agreed... seek help
can anyone remember a TI topic that wasn't Hardest related? (I should start a poll for that question, eh?)
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 02:22:28 PM »

Agreed... seek help

From the time that Dreamer buss the mark on Saturday I knew that TI was going to have a meltdown. I cannot lie it is funny but it really getting cruel now. Fellas just stop posting in the threads and they will go away, or else he will be posting to himself like a madman.

(And yes I know that this is a post in one of his threads, at least I didn't say H**d*st though)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 02:37:44 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 02:30:38 PM »
TI I agree with you but this is the way I see it

Bennie job is to do well and he taking the best option which is to use the foreign based who is the best players.
In the long term it may not help the local based but I think we taking care of this with Lincoln Program which is addressing Locals

But local Youths not local hardback men

The only piece missing is to boost the local pro football.
If the Govt could find 15 Million to give jack to pay for 25 players to eat nice food and stay in nice hotel in Europe for a month in preparations to rep the country on the biggest stage
Then we should be able to find 30 million to pump into local PFL for a year.

if each PFL team get a 2-3 million onto of their current sponsorship you know how far football will reach in TnT

Once the money they, man will be training hard hard and football will improve

This will ensure world cup after world cup and at a reduced cost to the money we spending on one team for one tournament.

Local based is long term
we need to think long term and fund the right programs.

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 02:36:53 PM »
I for one are against putting down the level of skill of our players, many have forgotten that players like whitely, grey and theobald all come from what beenhakker has called a league of low standards, yet they have gotten trials in the highest football leagues in the UK and have even showed better promise than our players who were plying their trade in the UK football when whitley were in the so-called low leagues of trinidad.

On a slightly different note. Just wanted to ask if anyone had information on Whitley's Portsmouth trial.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 02:40:05 PM »
TI I agree with you but this is the way I see it

Bennie job is to do well and he taking the best option which is to use the foreign based who is the best players.
In the long term it may not help the local based but I think we taking care of this with Lincoln Program which is addressing Locals

But local Youths not local hardback men

The only piece missing is to boost the local pro football.
If the Govt could find 15 Million to give jack to pay for 25 players to eat nice food and stay in nice hotel in Europe for a month in preparations to rep the country on the biggest stage
Then we should be able to find 30 million to pump into local PFL for a year.

if each PFL team get a 2-3 million onto of their current sponsorship you know how far football will reach in TnT

Once the money they, man will be training hard hard and football will improve

This will ensure world cup after world cup and at a reduced cost to the money we spending on one team for one tournament.

Local based is long term
we need to think long term and fund the right programs.

i agree wit yuh knd fully, but it have hard back men like rougier gettin recall 2 de team and nakhid was playin at one point, yorke and latas, and shaka is hard back men, but dey play, they have some hard back men that could playin trinidad, i ent ruling evryone out, but 95% of de funding should go to the youth, dat is 4 sure

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2006, 02:42:18 PM »
TI boy I was going to post a response on the topic, but with all the bashing going around, ah go breeze...
If them fellas ever forget for a lil while, ah go come back and chook in a lil reply.. ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2006, 03:39:40 PM »
Well only 22 can go so it somebody have to stay home. IS WHO
I know INCE doh look like he going anywhere.
Beenie I trust, we doh see the training sessions and men aptitude and attitude so Beenie is the man to make that call

HAVE FAITH THAT WE WILL BE WELL REPRESENTED

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2006, 04:53:21 PM »
TI take de crown.  How much time yuh go rephrase this issue?  Boss, de man ain't get call.  He need to find ah team and start training.  Local players in the PFL ain't getting called, but ah local with not attachment, who hasn't been training at the highest level ain't get alled and yuh clogging this site with ah set ah posts bout Hardest.  TI leh we concentrate on de campaign.  How we need to defend against England and Sweden.  Leh we stop this fanaticism.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2006, 09:22:51 PM »
YES...the ones who not committed:
lazy
don't like to train
unreliable
selfish
have no discipline
gives up easily
wuthless

all these qualities are NOT consistent with a true WARRIOR. We not incourging that kind ah slackness.

And all yuh notice I ent call no players names who didn't get to try out so all yuh cyah say ah trying to start ting..... ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 09:35:07 PM by College »

1]; } ?>