April 27, 2024, 05:28:52 PM

Author Topic: Brian Haynes Thread  (Read 9718 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brian Haynes Thread
« on: January 26, 2006, 08:42:31 AM »
Brian Haynes Leaves FC Dallas
By Buzz Carrick (3rddegree.net)

January 18, 2006

Long time Dallas Burn and FC Dallas player and assistant coach Brian Haynes has left FC Dallas to pursue other coaching opportunities.  "I called [Michael] Hitchcock and Colin [Clarke] today to let them know I would be leaving FC Dallas and exploring other opportunities in the coaching and moving on in the soccer world.  I thanked Colin for the time I had here working with him, but I am very happy with this decision and am excited about the future."

With the addition of Oscar Pareja to the coaching staff, FCD had four coaches on staff that had signed deals for 2006.  Earlier in the week at the MLS combine, Hitchcock had indicated FCD was still interested in keeping Haynes in some capacity. "We are going to talk to him about a few things," said Hitch, "We would like to try and keep him in the organization."

"If there is something else I can do for them and they want to talk, then I will listen" said Haynes. "But I am going to be speaking at the [NSCAA] convention and I will be looking at other options; MLS, College, whatever.  It comes at an ideal time for me, I am ready to move on and accept the next challenge where my talents might perhaps be more fully utilized. This decision will be made by what is right for my family."

Haynes will be at the NSCAA convention to give a speech to the NSCAA Black Soccer Coaches Committee. According to the NSCAA website the Black Soccer Coaches Committee is more than 100 members strong and includes coaches of color representing the United States, the Caribbean, South America, Europe and Africa.  Haynes will also be meeting with the Trinidad and Tobago National Team directors to explore possible state side operations for their national team program to capitalize on the large number of T&T citizens playing for US colleges.

Haynes, who holds a Class "A" coaching license, is married to Jeanne and has a daughter, Jordan, and a son, Jonah.  In 2000, Haynes was honored with the MLS Humanitarian of the Year award for his extensive work in the community.  Prior to joining the Burn, Haynes played indoor soccer for the Kansas City Attack and outdoor soccer with the Orlando Lions, the Maryland Bays, the Colorado Foxes and won a championship with the Seattle Sounders in 1995.

Haynes also had a solid career playing for Trinidad and Tobago, including netting the final goal ever scored against East Germany.  Haynes is graduate of Erskine College. During his Erskine career he scored 61 goals (fourth all-time) and had 40 assists (fourth all-time), and had the ninth-best single-season scoring mark with 21 goals his freshman year.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 12:59:11 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brian Haynes Leaves FC Dallas
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 08:46:10 AM »
i hope we get chinapoo on board also and roache i think is his name on board also
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 09:09:33 AM »
hope we grab this guy to wrok for TT in some way.  Was a very good player, decent qualifications and from what i hear just a really good human being. 

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 09:11:23 AM »
Good to see these guys interested in helping.We too small and resources limited not to involve these guys.And I agree there are many more like Chinas.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 09:23:59 AM »
Men looking to come back to the roost.  We have a lot of talented coaches that could bring a different perspective to coaching and managing in football.  It's good to see that men a re looking to give back, starting with Lincoln.  He would be a good scout forthe  North American region.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Silverbacks Name Brian Haynes Assistant Coach
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 08:18:23 AM »
Atlanta, Ga. (July 11, 2012) – The Atlanta Silverbacks have appointed BRIAN HAYNES to be the team’s primary assistant coach, the club announced Wednesday.

Haynes will start with the club in an assistant role, but will eventually take over for current interim head coach Eric Wynalda later in the season. Wynalda personally selected Haynes after conducting an extensive coaching search once he took charge of the club on July 2.

“It has always been a dream of mine to become a head coach at the professional level, so I’m thrilled to be given this opportunity by the Silverbacks organization,” Haynes said. “I feel that after all of these years of coaching, I’m ready for the challenge, and to be able to get an opportunity in a city like Atlanta is fantastic.”

The 50-year-old Haynes brings six seasons of experience as an assistant in Major League Soccer with the Dallas Burn (now FC Dallas). He was with the organization from 2000-2006, and helped the team get to the U.S. Open Cup final in 2000 and 2005. 

Following his time in MLS, Haynes took charge of W-League side Real Colorado Cougars from 2007-2008. He then settled in Texas with his family, becoming the Boys Director for Albion Hurricanes FC, an elite youth club in Houston.

“Finding the right person to lead your team is usually a very difficult process, but knowing someone like Brian made it a lot easier,” Wynalda said. “Our candidate needed to meet very specific criteria, and I can say that Brian fits in on all levels.”

Haynes’ move to Atlanta is a homecoming of sorts given the fact that he started his career as a player in the city. The former midfielder debuted as a professional with the Atlanta Attack, an indoor team that competed in the National Professional Soccer League from 1989-1991.

The Couva, Trinidad native went on to have a successful playing career, winning titles as a member of the Kansas City Attack, Colorado Foxes, and Seattle Sounders in the mid-90s. In 1996, Haynes was taken in the fourth round of the inaugural MLS SuperDraft by the Dallas Burn, where he would play five seasons as a regular in their starting lineup.

Haynes is also a Trinidad and Tobago international, appearing in 21 games and scoring eight goals, including one in an international friendly against East Germany.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Silverbacks Name Brian Haynes Assistant Coach
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 10:14:15 AM »
Congrats Brian. Do yuh ting. Eat ah food
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 02:20:39 PM »
8 goals in 21 games? dais decent  ...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 02:32:24 PM »
wow this is good news indeed.   mr haynes is building quite a solid coaching c v

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 03:36:27 PM »
congrats Brian, good to see a man from Couva representing ..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 04:58:33 AM »
Andre, state your source !!!!!!!!!!!

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 06:27:30 AM »
I live in Atlanta and to my knowledge Wynalda is not the coach of the Silverbacks.  In fact I believe he coaches a team in CA.  Don't believe this is true but I may be wrong.... I guess that happens when yuh really don't like the Silverbacks....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 07:14:02 AM »
Flex/TM,

I've been meaning to ask for a while now: Do we have a data base of foreign based TT coaches abroad?

VB

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 07:18:25 AM »
Flex/TM,

I've been meaning to ask for a while now: Do we have a data base of foreign based TT coaches abroad?

VB

It is not published on the website, and it is not as comprehensive as our player database, but I have some of that info.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 07:20:55 AM »
Flex/TM,

VB

It is not published on the website, and it is not as comprehensive as our player database, but I have some of that info.

I have some info in my head as well of many who are doing their thing especially in the US.

Should we start a database?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 07:22:52 AM »
Flex/TM,

VB

I have some info in my head as well of many who are doing their thing especially in the US.

Should we start a database?

No problem. Send me what you have and I'll add it to mine, and publish it.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 07:23:50 AM »
Cool, TM, will do.

Some real names from the old CFL coaching now.

VB

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brian Haynes Named Atlanta Silverbacks Head Coach
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 07:28:42 AM »
http://www.atlantasilverbacks.com/pro/news/Haynes-Assumes-Head-Coaching-Role

Atlanta, Ga. (August 16, 2012) – The Atlanta Silverbacks announced on Thursday that assistant coach BRIAN HAYNES has assumed the team’s head coaching position following the departure of ERIC WYNALDA, who was serving in an interim role.

“I already knew coming in that Brian was a very capable coach, and that is why I brought him here to Atlanta as an assistant,” Wynalda said. “Over the course of the last month, however, I was amazed at how many things we saw eye-to-eye on, so I can say that the team is in great hands with Brian in charge.”

The club wanted to work with Wynalda’s schedule at FOX Soccer, where he is employed as one of their primary TV analysts, to keep him as the coach in Atlanta for longer, but with the international soccer calendar underway, it was too difficult. Wynalda will remain with the club as a team advisor, a role that will entail periodic visits back to Atlanta. The former U.S. Men’s National Team star posted a 3-1-3 record as the team’s interim head coach, helping the team climb back into the NASL playoff hunt.

A native of Couva, Trinidad, Haynes takes over as head coach after serving as the team’s primary assistant coach since July 11. The 50-year-old Haynes, a former midfielder, moves up to the head coaching ranks with six seasons of experience serving as an assistant coach for MLS side FC Dallas (formerly Dallas Burn), where he also spent five seasons as a player.

Less than two weeks ago, Haynes guided the Silverbacks to a 4-2 win over the Fort Lauderdale Strikers in Wynalda’s absence, an experience that he feels was very important for the team moving forward.

“It was nice to get a taste of what it feels like to win a game when you’re fully in charge of a team,” Haynes said. “It makes you feel good that you can do your job and have the players respect you as the head coach. Once again, I’m very excited for this opportunity and I owe a lot to Eric for believing in me as a coach.”

With the appointment of Haynes came another announcement on Thursday, as Silverbacks Reserves Head Coach RICARDO MONTOYA was named assistant coach of the professional side. Montoya has been in charge of the organization’s reserve team since 2007, and has recently been helping the professional side with coaching and scouting following the end of the Reserves’ NPSL season.

“Ricardo is a great coach and has proven to be one of the club’s biggest assets,” Wynalda said. “Whether it is through coaching or scouting, he has been an extremely hard-working professional, and he deserves to have this opportunity.”

“I would like to thank Eric and Brian for the opportunity to work with them during the last 4 weeks, and I’m delighted to officially join the staff as an assistant,” Montoya said. “The experience I've had learning from such great professionals has been thrilling and fun at the same time. I think that is the most important thing about this game - being passionate and having fun with it.” 

Also joining the professional team’s coaching staff is assistant coach ALEJANDRO POMBO and fitness coach JUAN CASTELLANOS, who both recently served on the Reserves staff under Montoya. All three of Haynes’ new assistants will remain in charge of the Reserves on top of their new duties with the professional team.

The Silverbacks are back in Atlanta getting ready for a key two-game homestand, which will begin on Saturday against Minnesota Stars FC at 7:30 p.m. at Atlanta Silverbacks Park. To purchase tickets, please call 404-969-4900 or visit atlantasilverbacks.com.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 08:04:50 AM »
Excellent. Congrats.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 09:58:31 PM »
Yes bro as Ragga say represent Couva ,Caroni ,Trinity Grassroots from in the back by the market  ,glad to see you out there  breds go brave .

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 02:40:46 PM »
http://www.atlantasilverbacks.com/pro/news/Haynes-Signs-Contract-Extension

HAYNES TO RETURN AS SILVERBACKS HEAD COACH IN 2013
Trinidad native led team to league’s top record over final nine regular season games

Atlanta, Ga. (October 5, 2012) – After helping the Atlanta Silverbacks turn their 2012 season around, head coach BRIAN HAYNES has been awarded a contract extension, the club announced Friday.

“I’m absolutely thrilled about this opportunity, and I’m just excited to get back to work and keep things headed in the right direction,” Haynes said. “I owe a big thanks to Silverbacks management and Eric Wynalda for bringing me here, and I look forward to putting a great product on the field next season – something that will make the city of Atlanta want to come out and see us play.”

Haynes, 50, initially joined the Silverbacks organization as an assistant coach on July 11, serving under interim head coach Eric Wynalda. When it was time for Wynalda to return to his duties as a TV analyst for FOX Soccer, the former U.S. Men’s National Team star, along with general manager Andy Smith and chairman Boris Jerkunica, selected Haynes as his replacement.

“When Brian was initially brought in as an assistant, Eric had identified him as a great candidate for the head coaching position, and he couldn’t have been more right,” said Silverbacks General Manager Andy Smith. “The players respond positively to Brian’s coaching style and the results at the end of this past season speak volumes about our potential going into 2013.”

The Couva, Trinidad native assumed the club’s head coaching role on August 16, and picked up his first official win in charge when the team topped FC Edmonton, 2-0, at Clarke Stadium on September 2. Haynes ended up coaching the final seven games of the regular season, posting three wins, three ties, and one loss – a record that included an undefeated September.

“The team’s record and quality of play under Brian’s leadership spoke for itself,” said Silverbacks Chairman Boris Jerkunica. “As next season approaches, we’re very excited to give him the opportunity to lead this team and pick up right where he left off.”

A former Trinidad and Tobago international, Haynes played professionally as midfielder from 1989-2000. He was selected by the Dallas Burn in Major League Soccer’s inaugural draft in 1996, and it was in Dallas where he would spend four seasons, appearing in nearly 80 games for the club.

Haynes remained with the Burn (later became FC Dallas) as an assistant coach from 2001-2007, helping guide the team to a pair of U.S. Open Cup finals and a regular season championship. He also served as the head coach of the Real Colorado Cougars of the W-League from 2007-2008.

Many Atlanta soccer fans may know Haynes from the time he spent with the Atlanta Attack, a professional indoor team that used to play their home games at the Omni in downtown Atlanta. He started his career with the Attack in 1989, meaning his recent position with the Silverbacks has brought his career full circle.

Haynes will be working with Silverbacks management, including Wynalda, who serves as a team advisor, to make all personnel decisions going into the 2013 NASL season.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 09:37:20 AM »
for anybody who looking for a pro team or know a player looking.

SILVERBACKS ANNOUNCE PLAYER COMBINE DATES
Team advisor Wynalda will assist coaching staff in evaluating talent

Atlanta, Ga. (October 26, 2012) – The Atlanta Silverbacks have released the dates for their offseason player combines, the club announced Friday.

In addition to a pair of local combines at Atlanta Silverbacks Park, the Silverbacks will host a combine in California and another two in England and Germany. The combines will be held on the following dates:

•   December 7-9 at Accrington and Rossendale College (Lancashire, England)
•   December 9-11 at Karlsruhe Regional Sports Center (Karlsruhe, Germany)
•   December 13-14 at Atlanta Silverbacks Park (Atlanta, GA)
•   January 5-6 at Atlanta Silverbacks Park (Atlanta, GA)
•   January 26-27 at Newbury Park High School (Thousand Oaks, CA)

At each of the domestic combines, Silverbacks Head Coach BRIAN HAYNES will be joined by Silverbacks Team Advisor and former U.S. Men’s National Team star ERIC WYNALDA. Wynalda will assist Haynes in evaluating talent for the Silverbacks as well as his California-based amateur club, Cal FC. Haynes will be working closely with European-based sports organizations to host the tryouts in Germany and England.

Exact times for the sessions will be announced on atlantasilverbacks.com within the next few weeks.

Over the last two years, several players have been discovered and signed to contracts following Silverbacks player combines, including current Silverbacks goalkeeper Joe Nasco. 

Combine participants must be 18 years or older. To register, visit atlantasilverbacks.com/combine or click on the “combine” tab on the Silverbacks homepage. Registration forms and payments can be submitted either electronically or through the mail.

Any questions regarding the combines should be emailed to Silverbacks Operations Manager Nathan Charlton at nathan.charlton@atlantasilverbacks.com.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Brian Haynes: 20 People To Watch in 2013
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 03:12:58 PM »
Hey yall,
I was suppose to do this piece but was out of town covering a college basketball game. Anyway, it's a great piece and I'm glad my home and my ancestors home are connecting together somehow. ATL is excited to grow in soccer.
http://clatl.com/atlanta/brian-haynes-the-soccer-coach/Content?oid=7204889

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brian Haynes: 20 People To Watch in 2013
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 05:00:42 PM »
I thought about this brother as I reflected on 2012 becoming 2013. I'm wishing him EVERY success.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Catching up with Atlanta Silverbacks coach Brian Haynes
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 05:47:59 PM »
Catching up with Atlanta Silverbacks coach Brian Haynes
atlantasilverbacks.com

The team missed out on the playoffs last season, but you had to be proud of the way the team finished during the final stretch of games in 2012. Does that give you momentum going into this season?

“There is momentum because the guys from last year know what it takes to win and go on a run like that. It’s unfortunate we missed out on the playoffs because we had what every playoff team needed at the end of the season, and that’s momentum. I really think we would have faired well in the postseason had we made it. But it’s a clean slate now, and everyone is starting at zero points.”

How excited are you to begin your first full season as the head coach of a men’s professional soccer club?

“It’s kind of a dual feeling. On one hand, I’m just relieved because this opportunity has been a long time coming for me. I’ve always wanted to be a head coach and now I get to fulfill that dream. On the other hand, I am very excited. I can’t wait to get going.”

Read More...

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Congrats to Brian Haynes
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2013, 08:40:09 PM »
Congrats to Brian Haynes and the Atlanta Silverbacks.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The party is just getting started
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013, 01:50:58 AM »
http://atlantasilverbacks.com/fc/news/item/it-s-time-to-celebrate

The party is just getting started for the Atlanta Silverbacks. Less than 24 hours after clinching the North American Soccer League Spring Season Championship in dramatic fashion, Silverbacks players and coaches will land at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

The Silverbacks, who captured the NASL Spring Season title on Thursday night thanks to a 3-0 win over Minnesota United FC and 2-0 Carolina RailHawks’ loss to the San Antonio Scorpions, will arrive back in Atlanta at 2:39 p.m. ET on Friday. Fans who would like to greet the team at the airport may do so in between the main baggage claim areas of the north and south terminals (at the top of the escalators).

The club will host a championship media day at Atlanta Silverbacks Park on Wednesday – an event that will feature photo opportunities with the NASL Spring Season Championship trophy and interview availability with players, coaches, and Silverbacks Chairman Boris Jerkunica.

For fans, the club is currently planning a party, tentatively set for Tuesday, July 16 when all of the players return from their 10-day vacation period. Further details on that event will be released as soon as they’re finalized in the coming days.

As for an official trophy presentation, NASL Commissioner Bill Peterson will be in Atlanta to formally present the Silverbacks with the hardware on Saturday, August 10 when the team hosts the Carolina RailHawks in their first home game of the NASL Fall Season, which will feature the return of the New York Cosmos.

Prior to that presentation, the Silverbacks will be doing a NASL Championship Trophy Tour from mid-July until early August. While final details of the tour haven’t been finalized yet, the club plans to take the trophy to sponsor locations, political offices, local charities, bars, and other community establishments.

1]; } ?>