March 28, 2024, 07:52:25 PM

Author Topic: Brian Haynes Thread  (Read 9633 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Atlanta Silverbacks Series: Head Coach Brian Haynes
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2013, 04:47:07 AM »
1st installment of the Atlanta Silverbacks podcast series featuring Head Coach Brian Haynes.

Atlanta Silverbacks Series: Head Coach Brian Haynes
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Haynes named NASL Coach of the Year
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2013, 07:10:34 PM »
Haynes named NASL Coach of the Year
By Neal Malone (atlantasilverbacks.com)

Atlanta Silverbacks coach Brian Haynes has been named North American Soccer League Coach of the Year.

In his first full season in charge, Haynes led the Silverbacks to the NASL Spring season title and with it the right to host NASL Soccer Bowl 2013 where they will take on the New York Cosmos on Saturday, November 9 at 7.30pm ET at Atlanta Silverbacks Park.

The Silverbacks won on the final day of the spring campaign, beating Minnesota United 3-0 away from home on the Fourth of July to win the first half of the season by a single point with a record of 6 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses.

“I think all of us who have been associated with Brian Haynes for the course of the year are better people for it,” said Silverbacks Technical Director Eric Wynalda.  “Brian Haynes was just the right guy for the job and everything I knew and had been told about him, that seemingly made him a perfect fit, was true.”

As a player, Haynes earned twenty-one caps, scoring eight goals, with the Trinidad and Tobago national team between 1987 and 1996.

He was a standout for the Dallas Burn having attended Erskine College, playing on the men’s soccer team from 1986 to 1989 where he was a three time NAIA All American.  In the fall of 1989, Haynes signed with the Atlanta Attack of the American Indoor Soccer Association where he was the 1990 Rookie of the Year.  Haynes remained with the Attack until 1996.

He began his outdoor career with the Orlando Lions and also played for the Maryland Bays, Colorado Foxes, where he won the 1992 and 1993 APSL championships and the Seattle Sounders, where he won his third APSL and fourth championships.  The Dallas Burn selected Haynes in the 4th round (33rd overall) in the 1996 MLS Inaugural Player Draft.

The NASL Coach of the Year was selected from a vote by media who cover the league on a regular basis.  In 2012, Ricky Hill of the Tampa Bay Rowdies won the inaugural award.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 07:33:52 PM by Tallman »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Congrats to Brian Haynes
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2013, 04:27:05 PM »
Well done.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 05:44:19 PM »
:applause:

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2013, 01:36:11 PM »
and now they release him...

Atlanta, Ga. (December 9, 2013) – The Atlanta Silverbacks have decided not to exercise the contract extension on head coach Brian Haynes for the 2014 season, the club announced Monday.

“The decision not to exercise Brian’s contract extension was an incredibly difficult one,” said Silverbacks President and General Manager Andy Smith. “Brian deserves a tremendous amount of credit for leading the club to a NASL Spring Season Championship, but the organization felt that the team did not meet its expectations towards the end of the season.”

On the field, it was a tale of two seasons for the Silverbacks under Haynes. The club clinched a dramatic championship on the final night of the NASL Spring Season, finishing one point clear of the Carolina RailHawks and San Antonio Scorpions. The spring season title earned the team a place in NASL Soccer Bowl 2013, a game they would eventually drop to the New York Cosmos at Atlanta Silverbacks Park.

The NASL Fall Season was an entirely different story for the Silverbacks. The team accumulated just 16 points over 14 games, posting a -8 goal differential, losing five of its last six games, and finishing in seventh place out of eight teams in the fall season standings.

“We ended the 2013 season on a downward trend and failed to generate any momentum going into the Soccer Bowl,” said Silverbacks Chairman Boris Jerkunica. “The organization didn’t feel good about the direction we were going in 2014, and had to make the tough decision of declining Brian’s contract option.”

Haynes posted an overall record of 10-7-9 (W-T-L) in his first full season in charge of the Silverbacks. He assumed the position in late 2012, taking over for then interim head coach Eric Wynalda, who is now the club’s technical director.

“On behalf of the entire Silverbacks organization, we wish Brian the best of luck moving forward,” Jerkunica said.

Wynalda will continue to oversee the club’s soccer operations as it prepares for the 2014 NASL season.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2013, 02:20:05 PM »
Smh...I just moved to New York last month and lived in Atlanta and went to a bunch of Silverback games. He turned that team around tremendously and really put together a solid plan for the midfield. Hate that politics that's in this game >:(

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2013, 03:15:07 PM »
... ent dahis de runnings in forrin?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2013, 03:21:09 PM »
Smh...I just moved to New York last month and lived in Atlanta and went to a bunch of Silverback games. He turned that team around tremendously and really put together a solid plan for the midfield. Hate that politics that's in this game >:(

What politics?

Wasn't the team losing?
Or I missing something?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2013, 03:31:39 PM »

What politics?

Wasn't the team losing?
Or I missing something?

VB

"...losing five of its last six games, and finishing in seventh place out of eight teams in the fall season standings."

VB peeps must be know something what we doh know :)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, 04:25:53 PM »
Interesting I wonder how much of a hand Wynalda has in this? both in the direction of the team with regards to coaching and in the decision to change coaches. Wonder what changed between spring and fall

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 04:50:18 PM »
Great shame, maybe he'll head back here and head a pro team :p

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2013, 07:52:05 AM »
and now they release him...

Atlanta, Ga. (December 9, 2013) – The Atlanta Silverbacks have decided not to exercise the contract extension on head coach Brian Haynes for the 2014 season, the club announced Monday.

“The decision not to exercise Brian’s contract extension was an incredibly difficult one,” said Silverbacks President and General Manager Andy Smith. “Brian deserves a tremendous amount of credit for leading the club to a NASL Spring Season Championship, but the organization felt that the team did not meet its expectations towards the end of the season.”

On the field, it was a tale of two seasons for the Silverbacks under Haynes. The club clinched a dramatic championship on the final night of the NASL Spring Season, finishing one point clear of the Carolina RailHawks and San Antonio Scorpions. The spring season title earned the team a place in NASL Soccer Bowl 2013, a game they would eventually drop to the New York Cosmos at Atlanta Silverbacks Park.

The NASL Fall Season was an entirely different story for the Silverbacks. The team accumulated just 16 points over 14 games, posting a -8 goal differential, losing five of its last six games, and finishing in seventh place out of eight teams in the fall season standings.

“We ended the 2013 season on a downward trend and failed to generate any momentum going into the Soccer Bowl,” said Silverbacks Chairman Boris Jerkunica. “The organization didn’t feel good about the direction we were going in 2014, and had to make the tough decision of declining Brian’s contract option.”

Haynes posted an overall record of 10-7-9 (W-T-L) in his first full season in charge of the Silverbacks. He assumed the position in late 2012, taking over for then interim head coach Eric Wynalda, who is now the club’s technical director.

“On behalf of the entire Silverbacks organization, we wish Brian the best of luck moving forward,” Jerkunica said.

Wynalda will continue to oversee the club’s soccer operations as it prepares for the 2014 NASL season.

we should get him for our under 20 team .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2013, 12:37:54 PM »

What politics?

Wasn't the team losing?
Or I missing something?

VB

"...losing five of its last six games, and finishing in seventh place out of eight teams in the fall season standings."

Wynalda is all I'm going to say.

As far as form, 2 or 3 of the last games they didn't even play a full strength side the whole game because they were out of contention to win the group and was preparing for their Soccer Bowl match. They also made changes between the spring and fall half seasons (or whatever you want to call them) that really changed the team IMO.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2013, 06:35:55 PM »
Brian Haynes reacts to the sudden end of his tenure as Atlanta Silverbacks manager
By Neil Morris (indyweek.com)

In a surprising move, the Atlanta Silverbacks of the North American Soccer League announced yesterday it was declining to exercise their option to extend the contract of head coach Brian Haynes. A month after Haynes’ Silverbacks lost the NASL Soccer Bowl 1-0 to the New York Cosmos, the league’s 2013 coach of the year now finds himself out of a job.

Originally brought to Atlanta in July 2012 as an assistant to interim manager Eric Wynalda, Haynes assumed the managerial reins a month later after Wynalda left to resume his Fox Soccer television duties.

In 2011, the Silverbacks finished last in the league standings with a dismal record of 4-4-20. In 2012, prior to Haynes and Wynalda’s arrival, the team was staggering along with a mark of 1-5-8.

After taking over as interim manager on Aug. 16, Haynes guided Atlanta to a 3-3-1 record over the remainder of the 2012 regular season. Haynes was named full-time manager in the offseason, and his Silverbacks raced out to a record of 6-3-3 over the NASL’s spring season, part of the league’s inaugural split regular season format. As a result, Atlanta was crowned spring season champions and awarded both a berth in the Soccer Bowl and the right to host the league final in November.

Over the intervening months, however, Atlanta struggled during their otherwise meaningless fall campaign, mustering only a 4-4-6 record. Although the team regained much of their early season form for last month’s final, the Silverbacks ultimately fell a Marcos Senna golazo short of a Soccer Bowl championship.

Triangle Offense spoke with Haynes by telephone Monday afternoon, mere hours after he was informed his tenure as the Silverbacks’ manager was over. Since the Soccer Bowl, Haynes says he had been going about preparations for next season, including an open tryout last weekend and a planning session about three weeks with club officials, including Wynalda, currently the Silverbacks’ technical director.

Haynes says that during this time, no one associated with club management expressed displeasure to him over his job performance or indicated he would not return as manager in 2014. However, at no time did the subject of his contract extension arise, an omission that Haynes did not find alarming, perhaps naively he now admits. There were also no discussions about renegotiating his contract or compensation.

“My option stated that the second of December was the day they were going to let me know if they weren’t going to renew my contract,” Haynes says. “And when they didn’t say anything, I thought, ‘Maybe I’m OK.’”

Read More...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2013, 07:00:48 PM »
That is some level :bs:  I sure they going and pump some money into that program and Haynes is not the face they want to be at the forefront of their franchise. From his tone Haynes know what going on and he know what the real deal is.

Look Lalas let the cat out de bag.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2014, 11:28:07 AM »

What politics?

Wasn't the team losing?
Or I missing something?

VB

Wynalda is all I'm going to say.

As far as form, 2 or 3 of the last games they didn't even play a full strength side the whole game because they were out of contention to win the group and was preparing for their Soccer Bowl match. They also made changes between the spring and fall half seasons (or whatever you want to call them) that really changed the team IMO.

Just going to leave this here.... http://www.nasl.com/index.php?id=3&newsid=6104

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2014, 11:46:34 AM »
Ouch!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2014, 03:07:37 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2014, 07:04:39 PM »
the club announced that technical director Eric Wynalda will manage the team without the presence of a head coach

What kind of crap is that. Wynalda is the friggin' coach. So the players go coach themselves. Haull they arse with the crap.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2019, 10:31:15 AM »
Former Trinidad and Tobago midfielder, Brian Haynes, to be inducted into Erskine College's Athletic Hall of Fame. Other Trinidadian footballers in the Hall of Fame include Anton Corneal, Veron Skinner, and Garth Pollonais. Brian is currently the U-19 Academy Head Coach at Inter Miami CF.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2019, 01:09:44 PM »
Former Trinidad and Tobago midfielder, Brian Haynes, to be inducted into Erskine College's Athletic Hall of Fame. Other Trinidadian footballers in the Hall of Fame include Anton Corneal, Veron Skinner, and Garth Pollonais. Brian is currently the U-19 Academy Head Coach at Inter Miami CF.

They made him wait ... decades.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brian Haynes named Charlotte Independence Assistant Coach
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2021, 12:59:41 PM »
Brian Haynes named Charlotte Independence Assistant Coach
By Charlotte Independence Communications

Charlotte Independence announced today that Brian Haynes will join the club as Assistant Coach. Haynes will work with Independence Head Coach Mike Jeffries as a key member of the coaching staff.

“Brian will mesh quickly with our staff and players as he is a positive, forward looking individual,” said Charlotte Independence General Manager and Head Coach Mike Jeffries. “He was the first person I hired for my staff when I started with the Dallas Burn, so I have seen firsthand his exceptional ability to work with and help motivate players individually. The team will enjoy working with him and benefit from his quality.”

As Charlotte Independence’s Assistant Coach, Haynes will play a key role in the day-to-day preparation, training, and development of the Jacks’ playing philosophy and culture.

“I feel like Mike and I have some unfinished business from our days together in Dallas, so it was a no-brainer when he asked me to come to Charlotte,” said Haynes. “I am seeing signs that this club is headed in the right direction, so I’m excited to join Mike’s staff and help him get this team as far as we can get it to go.”

Born in Couva, Trinidad and Tobago, Haynes joins the Independence from FC Dallas, where he was in charge of the MLS side’s ECNL 08 Boys. Prior to this, Haynes joined Inter Miami CF’s Developmental Academy staff where he served in a variety of coaching positions, including a recent appointment as their U19 Academy Head Coach.

Haynes, who was tabbed as Jeffries’ first Assistant Coach in 2001 with Dallas Burn (now FC Dallas), brings valuable experience to the Independence as a professional player and coach. The former Trinidad and Tobago international had a successful playing career with the Burn from 1996-2000. His coaching experience dates back to 2001, when he joined Jeffries’ technical staff from 2001-06 as an assistant, following his retirement as a player. In 2012, he took over as the Head Coach for the Atlanta Silverbacks in the NASL, where he was named the 2013 NASL Coach of the Year.

Haynes also worked two years at Houston Dynamo FC’s Developmental Academy from 2018-2019.

Haynes graduated from Erskine College in 1989 where he was a three-time NSCAA All-American and a two-time District 6 MVP. He finished his career with 61 goals and 40 assists, both fourth on Erskine's all-time list, and was inducted into the Erskine College Hall of Fame in 2019.

Haynes holds a USSF National "A" Badge coaching license. He and his wife Jeanne have a son and a daughter.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brian Haynes Thread
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2021, 01:21:37 PM »
All this while I thought he was still at Inter Miami.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Brian Haynes Thread
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2022, 06:16:52 AM »
Former Trinidad and Tobago international Brian Haynes has joined Colorado Rapids 2 as Assistant Coach ahead of the club’s inaugural season in MLS NEXT Pro.

1]; } ?>