April 27, 2024, 05:04:29 PM

Author Topic: Fastest footballers  (Read 19274 times)

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
Re: Fastest footballers
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2006, 02:21:43 PM »
Fastest footballers I've seen over the years (at least they seemed really fast)....in no particular order

1.Claudio Caniggia
2.David Suazo
3.Thierry Henry
4.Roberto Carlos
5.Clint Marcelle
6.Marc Overmars
7.Ronaldo
8.Eto'o

Daz the all-time 100m dash right there

*Craig Bellamy is the alternate if one of them withdraws

yea bellamy is quick....

buh aye aye

wam to Leonce Lewis?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2006, 02:27:27 PM »
yea bellamy is quick....

buh aye aye

wam to Leonce Lewis?

Jefferz ah let this pass about ten times.....

but who de hell is "Leonce" Lewis?

ah know yuh is a young warrior eh... but careful yuh ent get ah ticket for dat

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2006, 03:08:21 PM »

I agree with some of  the choices you'll made but don't forget we sweet Trinidad and Tobago. Even Though Cornell Glen may not be in the Caliber of the above mentioned players I think he will give any of them a run for their money possibly even win. I agree but add to that list Cornell Glen. This may not be substantial evidence but on FIFA 2005, when you look at a player you see their skill level and their Pace , the only two I saw with really high pace were Henry and Glen with 99 out of a 100. Nah but really Cornell have lightning speed.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2006, 03:19:06 PM »
Marc Overmars.  Dat fella cause nuff pressha fuh nuff defenders. Good call dey kicker
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2006, 03:54:31 PM »
Ah remember that Ato was telling he story, that a coach saw him running on a football field down the wing, and tell him that he should run track instead with that speed. So add Ato Boldon to that list.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2006, 04:00:17 PM »
I read recently that Ronaldo (fat or not) is the fastest at Real, with Roberto Carlos being 4th fastest.
i also read where Cole was the fastest at Arsenal. So add them

Fast over what distance I wonder?

Ronaldo is still the striker that has the quickest off the mark pace of any striker in the world.  I would doubt he could repeat that magical run he had for Barcelona back in the day.

I remember over de weekend ah Spanish commentator say Ronaldo is only living on his legend these days, I think looking back at how he was fuh PSV and Barca men expect him to breeze through 5, 6 men still. I think he still could, he have the speed and the dribbling ability and the intelligence, but I think he tryin not risk serious injury again...over de past two years his striking style seems to be more of finishing than attacking really. He could still score from anywhere, one of de few strikers who could do that

Dat man talking assness Ronaldo has been in the top two of the Spainsh League in scoring for the last 3 years. In 2004 he was the top scorer yet he miss 8 games. he was also the top scorer for the WC qualifications for South America.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2006, 04:01:18 PM »
I still think Glenn is a dunce as a player but I cyah deny his pace...its actually frigtening.....back in the day I'd also put Leonson Lewis up there as well as Marc Overmars...and Andrei kanchelskis but I think nuff men forget about a younger Giggs .......who coulda deal with Giggs in his prime?

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2006, 04:06:19 PM »
I'm suprised no one else is backing Vassell. The guy has lots of pace. Although he didn't play beyond secondary school wasn't Kona Hislop really fast?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2006, 04:25:18 PM »
Carron Williams has run de 100m in 10.4
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2006, 04:34:26 PM »
i find the normal charity football games e.g  ronaldinho11 vs shevchenko 11 to be boring just a whole bunch ah stars but no passion so not muh fun as passion is the fuel for greatness. what i would really like to see is a 100m race of the eight fastest footballers in the game
my 8 and yours may differ here is mine( not in any particular order)

Eto'o
Martins
Henry
Carlos
Robben
Owen
Messi
Cisse
who u think will win? who deserves the speed merchant crown?

I have a question ..... is there a ball somewhere in this race ? If not then it is not a race for footballers but for flat race athletes ! The winner cannot therefore claim to be the fastest footballers can he ?
Secondly...why 100 metres ?? How many footballers run 100 metres during a game ? I cant think of any player who has ever run full throttle for 100 metres in any game ever ! a player may have run the length of the pitch but would have had to check or measure or change direction during the run unless it was a dark night with the opposing team having trouble to locate the venue !
a more realistic test of the quickest footbballer would be over the distance you need to be quick ...maybe 10 or 20 yards or maybe 30 if you are stretching it.
a 100 metres event may see many defenders , who are often ignored, running away withe the title anyway because you dont see them running more than 30 yards ! anyone can really tell how quick Rio Ferdinanor Sol campbell is ? Or Perea for athletico madrid or canavarro or Roque junior ?
Its good for de ole talk and speculation but not realistic to rate the 100 metre as the fastest footballer...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2006, 04:48:52 PM »
i find the normal charity football games e.g  ronaldinho11 vs shevchenko 11 to be boring just a whole bunch ah stars but no passion so not muh fun as passion is the fuel for greatness. what i would really like to see is a 100m race of the eight fastest footballers in the game
my 8 and yours may differ here is mine( not in any particular order)

Eto'o
Martins
Henry
Carlos
Robben
Owen
Messi
Cisse
who u think will win? who deserves the speed merchant crown?

I have a question ..... is there a ball somewhere in this race ? If not then it is not a race for footballers but for flat race athletes ! The winner cannot therefore claim to be the fastest footballers can he ?
Secondly...why 100 metres ?? How many footballers run 100 metres during a game ? I cant think of any player who has ever run full throttle for 100 metres in any game ever ! a player may have run the length of the pitch but would have had to check or measure or change direction during the run unless it was a dark night with the opposing team having trouble to locate the venue !
a more realistic test of the quickest footbballer would be over the distance you need to be quick ...maybe 10 or 20 yards or maybe 30 if you are stretching it.
a 100 metres event may see many defenders , who are often ignored, running away withe the title anyway because you dont see them running more than 30 yards ! anyone can really tell how quick Rio Ferdinanor Sol campbell is ? Or Perea for athletico madrid or canavarro or Roque junior ?
Its good for de ole talk and speculation but not realistic to rate the 100 metre as the fastest footballer...

Well it was only ole talk to begin with.........
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2006, 04:50:27 PM »
By the way allyuh remmeber a guy by the name of Jerron Nixon

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2006, 05:54:08 PM »
If it is simply for de talk..we once ran off race in the stadium in Costa Rica before a game and Leonsen , nagga 19, as he was called then ...burned everybody, he was really fast and a natural sprinter. This eliminates some of the names mentioned .... 1985 i think it was ???

Offline underrated

• New Warrior
  • never put a wishbone where a backbone should be!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2006, 06:10:58 PM »
freakaziod......next time yuh making a list with the fastest footballers on it...make sure C. Glen name on it 4 meh please. :beermug:   
underrated

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2006, 06:36:13 PM »
The fastest player with the ball on their foot would been be Ryan Giggs. The fastest footballer with out the ball would be Leonson Lewis. That's World Wide.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline TriniItalian

• Sr. Warrior
  • Never Wait to Procrastinate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2006, 06:41:39 PM »
Go to each club site click on team and check who is he fastest at 100m owen ran 100 in 10 flat 5yrs ago Adriano really fast as well
A.W.A.T.T. INFORMANT

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2006, 06:46:03 PM »
jai john has a point cause i would never say cole faster than henry but to test a man true pace an accepted yard stick is used and its d 100 . ppl backing up walcotts speed by saying he run 11. something
and carron hav real pace 4 real he was part of the U17 4 x 100 relay team that dethroned jamaica in carifta but he  1st touch not so good back in st clairs coaching sch when a man mistrap players use to  joke and ask if u is carron big up d bago boy still
elan u really think giggs faster than ronaldo with d ball at his feet?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2006, 03:53:32 AM »
freakaziod......next time yuh making a list with the fastest footballers on it...make sure C. Glen name on it 4 meh please. :beermug:   

oh gosh cornell if yuh gonna vote for yourself, at least give we some evidence, a PR time, a clip someting  ;D

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2006, 07:15:50 AM »

and Anelka. (yuh could say whateva yuh want about his overall skill, but you CANNOT deny he pace)

boy Anelka is real pace dread
I remember ah game he play against Manure the man make that backline look like they have concrete in they shoes.
If he and Henry line up for France I eh feel it have no defense that could keep up. Too bad he attitude stinks.

But out and out speed will have to go henry. When he have is pure athleticism. He have the Michael Johnson finish them long strides and he chest up not looking like he running fast but jes pure pace.

If Ronaldo and Henry line up Ronaldo go take it in the first 40 metres but then henry go pass him. To use a car term he have more top end speed. That is what Ronaldo does beat defendres with everytime his quick turn of pace whereas when Henry pick up the ball and get a full head of stem yuh not stopping him.

Més que un club.

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2006, 11:00:05 AM »
Martins is there for sure. What about Guily from Barca???
He have real pace, is finishing needs some help though.
For Trinidad and Tobago it will definitly be Glenn, he have some goals in MLS where he just blow past some players he is real death.

Troy 8)
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2006, 11:05:37 AM »
me ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2006, 01:53:19 PM »

and Anelka. (yuh could say whateva yuh want about his overall skill, but you CANNOT deny he pace)

boy Anelka is real pace dread
I remember ah game he play against Manure the man make that backline look like they have concrete in they shoes.
If he and Henry line up for France I eh feel it have no defense that could keep up. Too bad he attitude stinks.

But out and out speed will have to go henry. When he have is pure athleticism. He have the Michael Johnson finish them long strides and he chest up not looking like he running fast but jes pure pace.

If Ronaldo and Henry line up Ronaldo go take it in the first 40 metres but then henry go pass him. To use a car term he have more top end speed. That is what Ronaldo does beat defendres with everytime his quick turn of pace whereas when Henry pick up the ball and get a full head of stem yuh not stopping him.

Ronaldo go need water and start pantin by the end of the first 25 metres
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
He still great doh, i jus kicksin'
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2006, 02:53:29 PM »
Allyuh remeber Steve McManaman for Liverpool and Real Madrid? Dat man had real speed!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2006, 03:54:00 PM »

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2006, 07:18:18 PM »
one more for the list - Trabelsi

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2006, 07:43:53 PM »
Just speed ?

Then owusu ( arsenal) or some other 17-18 year old we just haven't heared from yet.
Just speed is I think, fasted at that age ? 17-till 24 ?
so really non of the 'names' on the list.
my 2 cents

Then after ( 25 year and up) if they have a brain they should learn where to be walking thus run less ?
not ?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 07:48:08 PM by dutchman »
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline underrated

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2006, 09:38:19 PM »

oh gosh cornell if yuh gonna vote for yourself, at least give we some evidence, a PR time, a clip someting  ;D
Mr. Mc... ah not as gifted as you and alot of de other forumites when it come de computer..so ease meh up nah bossman..until ah get more computer literate go to de photo gallery...and open files 18,26 and 28. :beermug:
underrated

Offline underrated

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2006, 09:42:25 PM »

I agree with some of  the choices you'll made but don't forget we sweet Trinidad and Tobago. Even Though Cornell Glen may not be in the Caliber of the above mentioned players I think he will give any of them a run for their money possibly even win. I agree but add to that list Cornell Glen. This may not be substantial evidence but on FIFA 2005, when you look at a player you see their skill level and their Pace , the only two I saw with really high pace were Henry and Glen with 99 out of a 100. Nah but really Cornell have lightning speed.
8) :beermug:
underrated

Offline underrated

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2006, 09:50:03 PM »
I still think Glenn is a dunce as a player but I cyah deny his pace...its actually frigtening.....back in the day I'd also put Leonson Lewis up there as well as Marc Overmars...and Andrei kanchelskis but I think nuff men forget about a younger Giggs .......who coulda deal with Giggs in his prime?
big man yuh more than entitled to yuh opinion..but if yuh doh mind..list a couple reasons for the statement yuh make when yuh say"I still think Glenn dunce as a player". 8)
underrated

Offline underrated

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2006, 09:57:01 PM »
Martins is there for sure. What about Guily from Barca???
He have real pace, is finishing needs some help though.
For Trinidad and Tobago it will definitly be Glenn, he have some goals in MLS where he just blow past some players he is real death.

Troy 8)

8) :beermug:
underrated

1]; } ?>