April 26, 2024, 07:35:39 AM

Author Topic: Miss T&T Universe & Miss World Thread  (Read 102674 times)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Miss USA Question About Gay Marriage
« Reply #240 on: April 29, 2009, 06:22:14 AM »

These beauty pageants are just cattle shows anyway.
Naming a woman miss this or that for commercial reasons , no substance, they are de-meaning to womanhood.

Many of the ladies I have had encounters with are more beautiful , articulate, intelligent, physically nimble, have great vocal chords, very dexterious, make more money than them and never back down on their contracts. ( And they always provide the consumables)
Ah want de woman on de bass

truetrini

« Reply #241 on: April 29, 2009, 06:34:50 AM »
These friggin basement dwellers want yuh to accept they buggery and if yuh doh accept it they want to chastize yuh . ::) ::) ::)Go away with alyuh buggery far far away.

friggin cosigh zuluwarrior!!!! It's getting friggin ridiculous, how suddenly sodomy is supposed to be accepted like if it's as natural as the heterosexuality that allows human beings to reproduce and go on! It's ridiculous and disgusting. I won't accept that nonsense. I accept that people have complex issues with their sexuality they need to resolve, namely homosexuality, along with other things, but don't try to tell me it should be accepted and acted out, and not sorted out with a psycologist.

Kudos to Miss California, you looked absolutly lovely, and gave and excellent and very true answer, but too bad so many millions in America are ignorant about the truth on this topic,are unwilling or unable to put deeper though into it, are lying to themselves, or in denial.

chill out...what de hell is normal?

And cause you eh like bullin dat doh make it some sort of crime, nor does it make de bullers and dem sick!

There is so much education out there that shows the cause is very most likely genetic.  yet you spout so many ignorant millions in America!

stop the nonsense, leave de people and stop de hate.

dat said I feel marriage is fuh man and woman alone.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 29, 2009, 09:04:40 AM »
That was a stupid arse question to ask.... It was almost like thet were trying to get her to promote homosexuality in a technical way, obviously they was not expecting that genuine answer from her. I 100% agree with her. This is one lifestyle I will never accept, who vex lorse.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #243 on: April 29, 2009, 02:20:53 PM »
That was a stupid arse question to ask.... It was almost like thet were trying to get her to promote homosexuality in a technical way, obviously they was not expecting that genuine answer from her. I 100% agree with her. This is one lifestyle I will never accept, who vex lorse.

yeah i agree perez hilton was not expecting that answer, the look on his face after her response was priceless.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #244 on: April 29, 2009, 04:42:33 PM »
Bun them peter bun them bun all ah dem basement  dewellers :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower:
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 29, 2009, 05:40:29 PM »

lol allyuh iz really listen your yourselves?  promote homosexuality in a technical way?  What does that even mean? ...especially the part about "in a technical way"....

yuh feel homosexuality is a fete or what?

And why would the Ms USA organization be interested in their candidates "promoting" homosexuality? 

Homosexuality is a sexual preference....ain't no promoting necessary breds.  Homos will be homos no matter the level of promotion.  Homos (and heteros) fighting for equal rights aren't interested in winning a popularity contest...

The pageant organization was probably attempting to showcase on a public platform the acceptance of different sexual preferences....maybe...who knows what the agenda (if any) was behind that question.  If anything they were indirectly attempting to promote acceptance/tolerance...

If that was the agenda, then it semi- backfired- I actually thought her answer was respectful.  She said that it's great that in America you have the ability to choose so she obviously showed some respect to those who are fighting for equal rights for same-sex couples....and then she stated her personal opinion.  I don't see the fuss (well I do see the fuss, but it shouldn't be a big deal in my opinion)...

I could totally understand too why that answer could cost her the crown-  I'm sure the Ms USA pageant org wants to promote themselves as a progressive organization, and currently her view on same sex marriage (rights) is not viewed as progressive, so in their opinion, an answer such as hers probably doesn't embody what they stand for.  If she made non-progressive statements about race, religion or politics or society in general it'd be the same thing...There's a reason why they ask those questions and I doubt it's just to see whether or not the girls can put together a full sentence (though that should be a measured criteria as well  ;D)... If the nature of her answer didn't have any bearing on her success in the competition, then it shouldn't have been asked... and if every contestant were to put together a politically correct canned answer for her question, then the section of the pageant would have no merit either. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 05:57:38 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2009, 07:05:21 PM »
I could totally understand too why that answer could cost her the crown-  I'm sure the Ms USA pageant org wants to promote themselves as a progressive organization, and currently her view on same sex marriage (rights) is not viewed as progressive, so in their opinion, an answer such as hers probably doesn't embody what they stand for.  If she made non-progressive statements about race, religion or politics or society in general it'd be the same thing...There's a reason why they ask those questions and I doubt it's just to see whether or not the girls can put together a full sentence (though that should be a measured criteria as well  ;D)... If the nature of her answer didn't have any bearing on her success in the competition, then it shouldn't have been asked... and if every contestant were to put together a politically correct canned answer for her question, then the section of the pageant would have no merit either. 

The question wasn't anything planned by the Miss USA organization (from what I can tell), it was a question that Perez Hilton himself personally opted to ask.  There isn't anything "un progressive" or regressive about her response.  A response in support of homosexuality itself isn't necessarily 'progressive' either.  I thought she gave two responses... an objective one and a subjective one.  Objectively she stated that it's great that we live in the USA where people are free to choose same gender unions or heterosexual unions.  However she was asked her personal opinion ("what do YOU think") and thus also gave a personal response... sharing what her personal beliefs are, which is from a biblical perspective that homosexuality is wrong... and there is evidence to support that belief.

My understanding of these types of pageants is that the questions are meant to test the contestant's ability to think on their feet and give poised, articulate responses.  I think it's fair to dock her points for not being articulate, but if she's being judged on the content of her response then from an objective standpoint it's a very balanced response.  Perez Hilton was just being an ass for costing her the crown by scoring her negatively because he personally disagreed with her perspective.  His bias was later revealed in a follow up interview on The Today Show on NBC where they showed clips from his video blog where he called her a "stupid bitch" and what not.  THIS is the person Miss USA has judging their show?

Anyways, I think Miss California will be none the worse for this experience.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 29, 2009, 07:33:41 PM »

The question wasn't anything planned by the Miss USA organization (from what I can tell), it was a question that Perez Hilton himself personally opted to ask.  There isn't anything "un progressive" or regressive about her response.  A response in support of homosexuality itself isn't necessarily 'progressive' either.  I thought she gave two responses... an objective one and a subjective one.  Objectively she stated that it's great that we live in the USA where people are free to choose same gender unions or heterosexual unions.  However she was asked her personal opinion ("what do YOU think") and thus also gave a personal response... sharing what her personal beliefs are, which is from a biblical perspective that homosexuality is wrong... and there is evidence to support that belief.

My understanding of these types of pageants is that the questions are meant to test the contestant's ability to think on their feet and give poised, articulate responses.  I think it's fair to dock her points for not being articulate, but if she's being judged on the content of her response then from an objective standpoint it's a very balanced response.  Perez Hilton was just being an ass for costing her the crown by scoring her negatively because he personally disagreed with her perspective.  His bias was later revealed in a follow up interview on The Today Show on NBC where they showed clips from his video blog where he called her a "stupid bitch" and what not.  THIS is the person Miss USA has judging their show?

Anyways, I think Miss California will be none the worse for this experience.

I hear you....and I agree as I said, I thought her response was a good one.  As you say, she was objective & respectful whilst stating her personal view.  As far as where the question came from, I don't claim to know that process but I would like to think that the pageant committee has/had some control over what is/was asked... or knowledge of the range of questions that can be permitted/asked...If otherwise, that could be a real scene lol...

About how progressive of unprogressive her response was, I'm not one to judge...I meant to state that it could be viewed as unprogressive an thus unrepresentative of the Miss USA pageant...but that of course is just my speculation.

I also find it difficult to imagine that the content of a contestant's answer will have no bearing on their success, regardless of how articulate and quick on her feet the contestant appeared to be... But it might just be my perception that these competitions are very politically charged.  Even if just subconsciously, I'd be surprised if unpopular responses are not more risky than the canned PC answer. 

That said, I'm not surprised to learn that Perez Hilton let his personal bias get the better of him.... He's a celebrity gossip tabloid clown for f*ck sake....lol...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 29, 2009, 07:50:37 PM »

That said, I'm not surprised to learn that Perez Hilton let his personal bias get the better of him.... He's a celebrity gossip tabloid clown for f*ck sake....lol...

I see on de news one of the other judges was the fat man from saturday night live.....and he come to judge the show nattily attired a juzzy and ah hoodie sweatshirt
from the time yuh see dat me eh know why anybody even take da show seriously
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #249 on: April 29, 2009, 08:03:55 PM »
Yuh know what killing  Perez Hilton the most the lady spoke the truth and the truth does hurt ,she stand firm on her belief
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 29, 2009, 09:56:41 PM »

I see on de news one of the other judges was the fat man from saturday night live.....and he come to judge the show nattily attired a juzzy and ah hoodie sweatshirt
from the time yuh see dat me eh know why anybody even take da show seriously

Yeah I doh really take dem glorified horse and pony shows seriously... I cyah even tell when last I watch one ah dem, way back somewhere in de 80s I'm sure.

Kicker I think it's fair to take the content of the response into consideration as well... just disagree with holding her response against her because it doesn't square with your own personal beliefs.  Also, in the Today Show interview Hilton was talking about why he thought the question would be a good question... he didn't mention sharing it with anyone else or anything.  Maybe he did... but the impression was that this was definitely something he himself just brought to the table and thought would make a 'nice' challenge question.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 29, 2009, 10:18:11 PM »

Yeah I doh really take dem glorified horse and pony shows seriously... I cyah even tell when last I watch one ah dem, way back somewhere in de 80s I'm sure.

Kicker I think it's fair to take the content of the response into consideration as well... just disagree with holding her response against her because it doesn't square with your own personal beliefs.  Also, in the Today Show interview Hilton was talking about why he thought the question would be a good question... he didn't mention sharing it with anyone else or anything.  Maybe he did... but the impression was that this was definitely something he himself just brought to the table and thought would make a 'nice' challenge question.

right right I hear you...

Agreed those shows are a joke and like you I haven't watched one of them in ages.  I remember making a comment amongst coworkers in Trini when I was back there for a bit, that T&T hailing Wendy as a nat'l hero for winning Ms. Universe is a joke and borderline embarassing (I'm sorry but parading yourself on a stage in categories labeled "swimsuit", "nightgown" & "costume" in order to be judged on a points scale is so backward and pathetic I'm surprised that we still persist with that kinda sh*t in 2009).....and man wanted tuh blow me out yes lol.....
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 08:10:05 AM by kicker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Miss California to appear in ad for conservative group
« Reply #252 on: April 30, 2009, 05:52:25 AM »
Miss California to appear in ad for conservative group
CNN

Miss California Carrie Prejean, who declared her opposition to same-sex marriage during the Miss USA pageant, will star in a new $1.5 million ad campaign funded by the National Organization for Marriage.

The organization has scheduled a press conference with Prejean in Washington on Thursday to unveil the new ad, called "No Offense."

Prejean was roasted by same-sex marriage advocates after she stood up for what she called "opposite marriage" (marriage between a man and a woman) when responding to a question from celebrity blogger and pageant judge Perez Hilton.

Prejean has also become a fresh-faced standard-bearer for the same-sex marriage opponents, who have rallied to her defense.

"She is attacked viciously for having the courage to speak up for her truth and her values," the National Organization for Marriage said in a press release. "But Carrie's courage inspired a whole nation and a whole generation of young people because she chose to risk the Miss USA crown rather than be silent about her deepest moral values."

According to the group, the ad will call "gay marriage advocates to account for their unwillingness to debate the real issue: gay marriage has consequences."

The Miss California TV ad is the group's second. Their first, "A Gathering Storm," ran in several states earlier and featured actors issuing ominous warnings about the threats posed by same-sex marriage.

Executive directors and producers of the Miss California USA pageant released a statement Wednesday lamenting that Prejean had taken on such a "polarizing" issue.

"We are deeply saddened Carrie Prejean has forgotten her platform of the Special Olympics, her commitment to all Californians, and solidified her legacy as one that goes beyond the rights to voice her beliefs and instead reveals her opportunistic agenda," the group said.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 30, 2009, 08:25:47 AM »
Milk it sister milk it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 01, 2009, 05:05:09 PM »
These friggin basement dwellers want yuh to accept they buggery and if yuh doh accept it they want to chastize yuh . ::) ::) ::)Go away with alyuh buggery far far away.

friggin cosigh zuluwarrior!!!! It's getting friggin ridiculous, how suddenly sodomy is supposed to be accepted like if it's as natural as the heterosexuality that allows human beings to reproduce and go on! It's ridiculous and disgusting. I won't accept that nonsense. I accept that people have complex issues with their sexuality they need to resolve, namely homosexuality, along with other things, but don't try to tell me it should be accepted and acted out, and not sorted out with a psycologist.

Kudos to Miss California, you looked absolutly lovely, and gave and excellent and very true answer, but too bad so many millions in America are ignorant about the truth on this topic,are unwilling or unable to put deeper though into it, are lying to themselves, or in denial.

chill out...what de hell is normal?

And cause you eh like bullin dat doh make it some sort of crime, nor does it make de bullers and dem sick!

There is so much education out there that shows the cause is very most likely genetic.  yet you spout so many ignorant millions in America!

stop the nonsense, leave de people and stop de hate.

dat said I feel marriage is fuh man and woman alone.

Ok, I know that was a bit abrasive, and also I don't hate homosexuals at all, in fact I know a few and I'm cool and friendly with them, even though they're openly gay, but that doesn't mean I agree with their lifestyle. The reason I was so harsh was because it just got me extremely angry that Perez asked her such a polarising question, and because she answers it in the way that infact most people worldwide feel, she's vilified for it.

Yeah, there's scientific research saying that it probably is genetic, but like most scientific studies, there are opposing views in the same scientific community. The entire media and a great amount of the scientific community has jumped on the Global Warming bandwagon, but there are still many very reputable scientists around the World who disagree with that theory. In the end all humans have free will, but this accepting homosexuality as something that should be lived out in public if those feelings come upon you is something new. If we can just introduce that into the list of things we accept as natural human lifestyle even as it's not been seen as such throughout most of history, what else can we introduce into our circle of accepted behavior that was previously seen as deviant. I can think of plenty arguments you can say against this, but that's my view. That's the path the world is going down, and a very dangerous one.

I got very angry to see Perez flauting his misguided beliefs and trying to tell the peope who have the historically accepted views on human sexuality and relationships that they should shut up and everyone gets behind him- the World has gone blasted MAD.

Facts also show that the rate of drug use is abnormally high in the homosexual community. Also, a very high percentage of people who turn homosexual were molested or sexually abused, or viceversa. Do you think that's a coincidence? Many people dismiss this, but I don't, I don't trust anyone in this world, noone, I think things through for myself and question science and accepted views, because there are so many agendas that sometimes fuels many scientific and medical things other than pure unbiased science and genuinely wanting the best for others- eg. Money. Sexual puts so much confusion in one's mind, that is part of the reason people turn into homosexuals, among MANY other variables. I understand that I have the much less politically correct view on the subject, but you too must look at the other side of homosexuality, that the very untrustworthy big media(CNN, etc) don't show you. Most homosexuals are not at peace with themselves, and constantly second guessing themselves and their life, which leads to depression and the drug use I mentioned above. Why? If everyone continues to encourage this homosexual lifestyle, it will be the end of man, as we won't replenish ourselves because too many people will be homosexual, I can already see the first nation that will go down because of this will be the US. That's because as I said, it is not natural for a human being to be in an emotional relationship that is with the same sex, and doesn't allow procreation.  Do some research on this topic that will never be shown in the main media.

Even though I disagree with the views on homosexuality the media is trying to kick down our throats, that doesn't mean I in any way dislike or much more hate homosexuals- the persons. I simply disagree with the largely held view in political-correctness gripped America. I totally understand that homosexual feelings can come upon many many people, and some stronger feelings than others, but I don't believe that one should just accept that those urges are natural and healthy. These feelings fueled by a great deal of very underexamined issues, a big one is childhood sexual abuse. I understand how strong these urges can be, so to be honest don't really have an argument with homosexuals in relationships and living together, because the homosexual feelings may be too strong to hold out, if they understand that  that lifestyle is not natural and healthy, and they are getting counselling. I totally disagree with them flauting in public homosexual parades and such like homosexuality should be accepted and applauded as healthy behaviour for humanbeings. Yeah yeah, I know my view are extremely politically incorrect and very against the views that the media in "The Greatest Nation on Earth" is trying to push, but I don't care one bit, I think independently and compare all inforation, news and facts with opposing views and research, then I inject my own reasoning and logic into it,I trust no one and questions everything, then mix them together and form my opinions. I don't care one bit about what the most visibly supported views are in the US. I'm always open to more knowledge, arguments and info though, from all sides.

This is not hate speech, it's love speech,as I won't accept and support homoexuality as it's simply not a healthy lifestyle physically and psychologically. All the homosexuals I know are very depressed people, one guy lived a very depressed and tragic life, and had an equaly tragic death, another friend is taking hormones to grow breasts, and is in serious psycological turmoil and I fear for him. In the same way I'll never accept girls doing porn as it's getting accepted today, because no matter how vehemently they deny it, the clear evidence is there to see that it's unhealthy for them physically and phschologically- just like the lifelong homosexual lifestyle. This is not hate speech, this is love speech.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 10:54:03 PM by Peter »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Next T&T Miss Universe - Alyssah Ali ?
« Reply #256 on: July 05, 2010, 08:42:54 PM »
Ah little on the mahga side... but pretty.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #257 on: July 05, 2010, 08:46:39 PM »

5'10 breds  and all legs  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 05, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »

It eh have yam whey she living?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #259 on: July 05, 2010, 08:54:44 PM »

:D she grew up in canada, but yuh still get yam up north lol shes an aspiring supermodel so it comes with the territory.

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 06, 2010, 07:13:52 AM »

Not yam..........iz plantain she need  :devil:
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 06, 2010, 10:07:23 AM »

Not yam..........iz plantain she need  :devil:

Yu wicked!!!!!!!!!!

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #262 on: July 06, 2010, 11:01:54 AM »
shes beautiful nonetheless  8)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 06, 2010, 03:52:17 PM »
she should start singing  maggalypso

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #264 on: July 06, 2010, 05:13:04 PM »
she should start singing  maggalypso

no need to, from what ive read she will be big soon, valentino big :beermug:

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 06, 2010, 08:11:57 PM »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 07, 2010, 08:17:17 PM »
leave meh family alone please. she built for the profession she's in.

beautify inside and out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 08, 2010, 04:24:30 AM »
Them pictures professionally done, leh we see ah real one nah.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2010, 10:39:55 AM »
Yeah man... she could get "ah shot at de title..."
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 08, 2010, 11:53:46 AM »
if jack finance she campaign then she go win.

1]; } ?>