April 25, 2024, 05:21:07 PM

Author Topic: Miss T&T Universe & Miss World Thread  (Read 102627 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Support my cousin Sheneille Leelah for Miss Universe T&T..
« Reply #390 on: October 22, 2012, 07:12:44 PM »
she looks more "sleek" than malnourished from dat pic.........needa here nor there in d meat department but den ah eh see do show or what she look like in she b\suit
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 22, 2012, 07:19:23 PM »
she looks more "sleek" than malnourished from dat pic.........needa here nor there in d meat department but den ah eh see do show or what she look like in she b\suit

this is the best pic i could find

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 22, 2012, 07:33:22 PM »

this is the best pic i could find

dem knees saying ah different story. hope she got a supply of coconut oil with that win.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 22, 2012, 07:39:49 PM »
ashiness aside the girl nice. 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 22, 2012, 07:44:23 PM »
Alright I see who it is. Them gyul need to eat ah food.

Congrats Ms TT. But ladies on this forum, how could a woman walk in them shoes. It can't be women who design these new type of heels for women. It have to be a man.  Part of living life is running from danger. How can a woman run  from an attacking tortoise in them shoes?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 22, 2012, 08:06:34 PM »
Alright I see who it is. Them gyul need to eat ah food.

Congrats Ms TT. But ladies on this forum, how could a woman walk in them shoes. It can't be women who design these new type of heels for women. It have to be a man.  Part of living life is running from danger. How can a woman run  from an attacking tortoise in them shoes?

lol Kick off the shoes then run?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #396 on: October 24, 2012, 02:55:28 AM »
Avionne Mark is TT’s Miss Universe 2012
Leiselle Maraj (Newsday), October 23 2012

Twenty-three-year-old Champs Fleurs resident, Avionne Mark emerged as a winner of the 2012 Miss Trinidad and Tobago Universe title at the finals of the competition held on Sunday evening at the National Academy for the Performing Arts, Port-of-Spain.

Mark was adjudged the best of the ten finalists chosen to compete for the crown by a panel of judges which included TT’s own Miss Universe 1977 Janelle Penny Commissiong and former Miss Trinidad and Tobago World, Valene Maharaj.

Mark will represent Trinidad and Tobago in the upcoming Miss Universe pageant which will be held on December 19, in Nevada, USA. On Sunday evening, contestants paraded in swimsuits and evening gowns before the top five were chosen to compete in a question and answer segment. When asked if given the opportunity by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar to head any ministry, and why, Mark responded she would choose Tourism. She is pursuing a Bachelors of Science in International Tourism Management at the University of the West Indies at present, and her dream is to become a Tourism Ambassador.

“It would be a great opportunity to instill policy changes with regards to customer service in the Tourism industry of Trinidad and Tobago,” she told host Jason Williams and the audience. Mark also won the Spirit of Carnival special award during the show which was the culmination of Tribe Carnival’s first attempt at hosting the pageant, now that they are the new franchise holders.

Apart from winning the chance to represent Trinidad and Tobago at the Miss Universe pageant, Mark also received several make-up, hair and accessory prizes and a $10,000 cash prize and costume, courtesy Tribe. First runner-up at the pageant was Mauricia De Peza, second runner-up Ria Da Costa, third runner-up was Fan Favourite award recipient Sarah Jane Waddell, and rounding out the top five was Jessica Didier who also copped the Spirit of the Champion award.

The five finalists who did not place were Amanda Chedu, Sheneille Leelah, La Toya Franklyn, Mary Esdelle and Renee Bhagwandeen. The finalists were chosen after two casting calls held earlier this month.

MISS UNIVERSE CANDIDATE: Miss Trinidad and Tobago Universe 2012 winner, Avionne Mark. The show was held on Sunday evening at the National Academy for the Performing Arts in Port-of-Spain.
Author: Azlan Mohammed

SIZZLING HOT Curvy Ria Da Costa sizzles at the Miss TT/ Universe pageant which tookplace at NAPA, Port-of-Spain on Sunday night. Da Costa was the second runner-up.
Author: Azlan Mohammed

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 24, 2012, 10:15:35 AM »
Ah welllll....I wish her all the best, but I foresee another year of salt for T&T and the Ms. Universe competition  :(
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 19, 2012, 09:04:26 PM »
Miss USA won ;D

Let me get my popcorn ready

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 20, 2012, 05:22:44 AM »
Our girl never had "it".  I wasn't feeling her at all.  Didin't even bother to watch the show last night......the girl that should have won the local leg is the 2nd runner up.  Unfortunately, she for some strange reason, decided to end her answer with "dais it ah done....."   And lost the crown in that one moment of madness......Still boggles the mind......

Oh and Peter Elias need to come back.  Its been all down hill since he gave up the franchise.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 20, 2012, 05:28:15 AM »
Me ain't even know that was last night . Never like her anyway
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 20, 2012, 12:32:25 PM »
Our girl never had "it".  I wasn't feeling her at all.  Didin't even bother to watch the show last night......the girl that should have won the local leg is the 2nd runner up.  Unfortunately, she for some strange reason, decided to end her answer with "dais it ah done....."   And lost the crown in that one moment of madness......Still boggles the mind......

Oh and Peter Elias need to come back.  Its been all down hill since he gave up the franchise.....

Buh dahis what the local leg is designed to do ... separate the wheat from the chaff.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 20, 2012, 02:14:03 PM »
That pageant last night was terrible. The show done jus so jus so    ???   No serenading the winner or nutten.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 20, 2012, 04:58:05 PM »

Buh dahis what the local leg is designed to do ... separate the wheat from the chaff.

I eh no beauty pageant fan because I think women are held to diffirent standards than men. But beauty pageants are not about a pretty face only. Some inteligence and 'intellect" does help too. On the night of the TT pageant, the one with the "looks" did not display her inteligence and intellect to please the judges. The one without the "looks" did.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 20, 2012, 08:09:37 PM »
ms venezuela seemed to have been the fave...at least judging by the amt of pics of her on the ms universe fb page.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 20, 2012, 08:28:13 PM »
ms venezuela seemed to have been the fave...at least judging by the amt of pics of her on the ms universe fb page.

If only they could prepare their football team the way they churn out all those Ms. U. We would be talking about Ven, instead of Brasil.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Support my cousin Sheneille Leelah for Miss Universe T&T..
« Reply #406 on: December 20, 2012, 09:04:23 PM »

If only they could prepare their football team the way they churn out all those Ms. U. We would be talking about Ven, instead of Brasil.

Trinidad following the football team.
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 21, 2012, 04:22:14 AM »

This is probably why she lost..... ???  :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nh4SiZXDMVo
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Support my cousin Sheneille Leelah for Miss Universe T&T..
« Reply #408 on: December 21, 2012, 05:15:06 AM »

This is probably why she lost..... ???  :-

Que?

At least it not as bad as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 21, 2012, 12:18:59 PM »

This is probably why she lost..... ???  :-

Que?

At least it not as bad as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:rotfl:
Yeah, yeah, I remember this.....56 million views!!.....lawd fadder.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
First Indian-American crowned Miss America
« Reply #410 on: September 16, 2013, 01:38:29 PM »
Congrats to the girl.  She born in the US, father emigrated 30 years ago and established himself as a gynecologist.  Despite this, pretty sad racist people vex. Media having a field day with this story

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/16/showbiz/miss-america-racist-reactions/
whey boy!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: First Indian-American crowned Miss America
« Reply #411 on: September 16, 2013, 01:49:58 PM »
Weird. So only white people are real Americans? Funny all of them are immigrants.
Youtube Channel

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 16, 2013, 10:54:52 PM »
i notice some of my fb "friends" who normally comment on pageants strangely silent about this one...i wonder if we had social media back when vanessa williams won what would have been people's responses then.  i glad she win...lots of Americans black and white have a thing against people from other cultures

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 17, 2013, 12:14:33 AM »
Lots of Trinis have thing against people of other cultures... even have thing against we own people because they belong to a different race.  Lest we should forget Sat's history and the support he still gets in many corners, including the government.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 17, 2013, 09:13:05 AM »
ah rush-read de headline an tort was ah sioux or cherokee or one ah dem folks oui

dem an all mus be sayin 'WDF we cyah even ketch ah break for beauty queen self?'
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 17, 2013, 09:16:12 AM »
About time.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 17, 2013, 11:09:10 AM »
ah rush-read de headline an tort was ah sioux or cherokee or one ah dem folks oui

dem an all mus be sayin 'WDF we cyah even ketch ah break for beauty queen self?'

Them eh Indian them is Native American
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 17, 2013, 11:45:12 AM »

True but de anti politically correct does call dem American Indian.
Up on dis side they called First Nations.......or de people dat does sell cigarettes real cheap

Either way, yuh hadda shake yuh head..dem yankee take one look at de woman and say she is ah taliban
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 17, 2013, 12:35:04 PM »

Up on dis side they called First Nations.......or de people dat does sell cigarettes real cheap

Either way, yuh hadda shake yuh head..dem yankee take one look at de woman and say she is ah taliban

Yea I remeember in the 1990's there was an International Community Policing conference at home and there was a white Canadian commenting about the work they do with the First Nation people. It was the first time I heard the term. Got 2 luv dem Yanks Rush and them must be nearly have a stroke.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 17, 2013, 03:17:50 PM »

ha ha ha, you is tears oui
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>