March 29, 2024, 09:17:18 AM

Author Topic: Federer the Pele of tennis  (Read 2793 times)

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
Federer the Pele of tennis
« on: January 28, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »
Being an avid tennis fan, I watched the matches from the past week. I am a huge Roger Federer fan and believes he will be the greatest ever to pick up a racket. I want him to continue the legacy, but he has looked vulnerable in this tounament. However, I like the excitement and fun Baghdatis brings to the court. Plus he have a bess gyul ;D. Who will win?
Ketch footballitis

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Federer the Pele of tennis
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 05:06:21 PM »
he had ah hard fight in his matchup against an unseeded marcos baghdatis of cyprus.he went down the first set.he won his second australian open in three years.he won in four sets.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 07:33:22 PM »
we have to remember federer looking vulnerable is him losing a set. all other players lose entire matches when they are vulnerable. federer is in a class of his own. when he wins the french his greatness will be confirmed

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 08:29:29 AM »
I didn't think he looked vulnerable at all, but I understand what you are saying. Baghdatis played some of the best tennis of his life in that first set and the first 11 games of the second set. As the match played on Federer wore him down with solid, consistent tennis.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 12:40:01 PM »
Besides his superb talent, Federer beats opponents mentally - by figuring them out during matches, and forgetting about lost sets. Case in point is that final. Baghdatis was giving him all kinda trouble, but as soon as he adjusted and got his game going, he crushed him.
Ketch footballitis

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 12:54:30 AM »
I don't think anybody in the history of the game had quaite the all round game Roger Federer possesses.  Matter of fact, he has some shots that just defy belief.  Federer is one of those rarities in sport.  He reduces the opposition to irrelevancy.

Michael Schumacher prior to last season was one.

WI cricket team in the late 70's and 80's was another

Michael Jordan in the NBA playoffs was a nex one

Tiger Woods is a nex one.

When these special athletes or teams come along, those who are fortunate to be around to see them in action just have to cherish those memories.  Cherish Roger Federer because he is something special fuh real.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 10:34:25 AM »
I don't think anybody in the history of the game had quaite the all round game Roger Federer possesses.  Matter of fact, he has some shots that just defy belief.  Federer is one of those rarities in sport.  He reduces the opposition to irrelevancy.

Michael Schumacher prior to last season was one.

WI cricket team in the late 70's and 80's was another

Michael Jordan in the NBA playoffs was a nex one

Tiger Woods is a nex one.

When these special athletes or teams come along, those who are fortunate to be around to see them in action just have to cherish those memories.  Cherish Roger Federer because he is something special fuh real.

True talk Palos.  dat man have power, finesse, brains and the ability to decipher his opponents weaknesses.

he makes adjustments and when he looks like he might be going down, he chsnges gears and motors away.

by the time his career is done, he will be leading in wins in all categories.

next step the French open.

Can he overcome the demons and win there?  Surely!

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 10:47:53 PM »
No one can match Federer's consistency in men's tennis right now. He might lose the odd game to someone who peaked in a single tournament (Nadal) but he'll still be winning the other 20 tournaments for the year :)

I think he'll definitely go done in the history books as one of the best ever.

1]; } ?>