April 26, 2024, 01:54:32 AM

Author Topic: thoughts on Dida  (Read 1510 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
thoughts on Dida
« on: January 28, 2006, 02:26:24 PM »
Before the 2002 WC he was Brazil's no.1 for a while but lost the first spot to Marcos who I thought was really good.

This season, I've watched quite a few of Milan's games (watching one now)......and I have to say that I am surprised that Dida is still Milan's starting goalkeeper, and I wouldn't be surprised if he lost the Brazil starting spot to Julio Cesar (Inter's keeper).....I've seen him makes some terrific saves in the past, but the number of schoolboy errors that he makes is not fitting of a starting keeper for Milan & Brazil......He also looks shaky on many routine saves. (The goal he just conceded from Sampdoria was atrocious).

Anyone think he's overrated ?.......or just a little out of form/lacking confidence ?

Any fans of Dida, Brazil, or goalkeeping experts...I'd like to get your opinion.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
Re: thoughts on Dida
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 02:31:08 PM »
I'm a big AC MILAN fan and I've watched alot of the games and I think that he is just out of form right now but other than that I think that he is a good keeper but not a great keeper though.  So if a coach is picking his team on form as of right now Dida is not Brazils number one.  That's my two cents.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 02:32:51 PM »
Before the 2002 WC he was Brazil's no.1 for a while but lost the first spot to Marcos who I thought was really good.

This season, I've watched quite a few of Milan's games (watching one now)......and I have to say that I am surprised that Dida is still Milan's starting goalkeeper, and I wouldn't be surprised if he lost the Brazil starting spot to Julio Cesar (Inter's keeper).....I've seen him makes some terrific saves in the past, but the number of schoolboy errors that he makes is not fitting of a starting keeper for Milan & Brazil......He also looks shaky on many routine saves. (The goal he just conceded from Sampdoria was atrocious).

Anyone think he's overrated ?.......or just a little out of form/lacking confidence ?

Any fans of Dida, Brazil, or goalkeeping experts...I'd like to get your opinion.

I think mistakes aside, Dida is a otherwise consistent 'keeper, he is tall, quick and have a good reaction time. I really think dem schoolboy errors is jess a bad moment, ah remember fuh de Confederations cup and champions league he pull off some boss saves. De best keepers does look amateur sometimes, best example of dis is Oliver Kahn and Buffon.
People say Brazil defence is underrated sometimes, dis WC it will be very true if Dida or Cesar is in net, and Lucio (Bayern Munich) and Edmilson (Barca) in defense, with Emerson (Juventus) in defensive mid. World class all around.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 03:03:59 PM »
Would say that Dida is a solid keeper, but not a great keeper.  Does not figure anywhere in my top 5 keepers in the world.  He also has strong competition from Julio Caesar and the boss man at Sao Paolo, who I think is very good and handles crosses very well.  Dida lacks range on crosses for a big man, and that has been my gripe about him.  He should be more aggressive on crosses given his size, but he does not use it to his advantage.  He is more of a good shot stopper.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 03:51:20 PM »
Back a few years I find Dida was real shitty but since he reach back at Milan I see him make some surprisingly good saves, but after he make dem he does look like he doh know how he do it.

He good at reaction saves but he's not a solid keeper.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 08:35:36 AM »
Dida going through a real poor spell of form, but Ancelloti will stick with him so he can regain his confidence. Over the past 3 years Dida has been outstanding for Milan and Brazil. At the top of his form he has no weaknesses. The big 3 in Italy never used foreign keepers until very recently...that, to me, is the sign of quality in Dida. Also, last year in a 442 interview when Peter Cech was  asked who he tries to  emulate he metioned Buffon and Dida. But Julio Cesar at Inter is in better form and showed his worth in the Copa America and is Keeping Toldo on the bench so he is making a very strong case.

Funny...for a country that is not reknowned for producing the greatest goalies...Brazil has exported more goalies to Serie A than any other foreign country. Taffarel was actually the first non-Italian goalie in Serie A ever.

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 09:29:06 AM »
How many blacks players are on the AC Milan team, not that I am saying anything but do you know how many play on that team. Do you know the names of them?

rasajoy :angel:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 09:50:44 AM »
How many blacks players are on the AC Milan team, not that I am saying anything but do you know how many play on that team. Do you know the names of them?

rasajoy :angel:

who is this question directed towards.....and why?

anyway...off the top of my head, currently Milan's first team has 4 black players who are regulars: Dida, Cafu, Seedorf and Serginho. Not sure if there are any black squad players.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 10:23:28 AM by Filho »

1]; } ?>