April 27, 2024, 01:31:49 AM

Author Topic: Minshall comin with "Sacred Heart" for 2006  (Read 1894 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Minshall comin with "Sacred Heart" for 2006
« on: January 29, 2006, 12:47:42 AM »

Minshall coming with 'The Sacred Heart' for Carnival

Sunday, January 29th 2006 - Trinidad Express

[/color]

Acclaimed designer Peter Minshall is returning to Carnival after an absence of two years with a band "The Sacred Heart".

"It is not now. Is years now the heart of this country been broken into two parts. The "River" trilogy was about that, "Red" was about that, "The Lost Tribe" was about that, "Tapestry" was about that", he told the Express, yesterday, referring to parts of his legendary mas lineage over the years.

"This country", he elaborated. "is at war with itself, Surveillance blimps in the sky. The battle ground is here. It is not in Germany. The Soca Warriors need to take to the streets of Port of Spain to play the mas, heal the broken heart of Trinidad and Tobago with a red ribbon of hope".

The band is expected to feature some nine sections and Minshall is well aware that he is coming to the Carnival late.

"There is a clock in my kitchen. I look at it and I know what time of day it is. I know what time of year it is and how long it is to Carnival but we need courage and a miracle to make the mas happen. But if there is a war you have to go and fight. Need and struggle is what excites and inspire us".

He further added that " it is only by risking ourselves from one hour to the other that we live at all. I was asked to make a heartfelt statement. I had no choice. I had to do it."

He envisions his pending presentation as " a band of sexy, urban, samurai cowboys and girls wrapping a red ribbon of hope around the heart of Trinidad and Tobago. Soca Warriors will take over the mas".

For the first time in years, too, this new Minshall band will feature a king tantalisingly named " Son of Saga Boy", reminiscent of half of two of his most famous costumes, "Tan Tan" and "Saga Boy".

Designs will be on show at the Woodbrook restaurant Veni Mange's fete on February 3 but the band will begin opening up its heart to the public via a series of press advertisements over the next few days.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>