April 20, 2024, 06:33:52 AM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors Merchandise announcement  (Read 5092 times)

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors Merchandise announcement
« on: January 30, 2006, 11:13:52 AM »
Press Conference at 2:00 pm today announcing the sale of merchandise and the locations
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 11:31:50 AM by Tallman »
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca warriors Merchandise
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 11:28:18 AM »
Ah wonder wha quality ah jersey dem go give we... it mite be addids, but is it goin to be a cheap quality or regular like other addias supporter kits?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors Merchandise announcement
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 12:35:41 PM »
so does this mean we finally get a chance at the jersey?
Hart for president

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 12:56:14 PM »
Maybe it's that Graphix Advantage Limited outfit they had a press release about last month that's announcing their stuff? Anyway it's past 2. Anyone here the conference?

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 12:57:50 PM »
update us when u get new info.    ;D

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 02:29:17 PM »
These people just like to call press conference oui. I feel they get some pressure from Jack to say something, but they ain't ready. Or it have confusion in that. Ross advertising seem to hijack the merchandising thing.
Plenty merchandise on display. The usual caps, t-shirts, key chains, travel mugs, hand bands, bandanas etc.
From Monday Yorke Garments and Standards selling Caps and T-shirts for about $88.00 each
KFC already selling copy books ($20. pack of 8 ) & posters ($20.00) for and a wicked car visor from next week. Wasn't sure if KFC selling the caps & t-shirts too.
Still no official team replica. They say they getting these middle of February
Bruce Aanansen spoke and  Spann, Gray and Wolfe was present.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 07:20:59 AM by sweetiepaper »
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline trinikid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 04:49:13 PM »
Boy them real sticking them innno people waiting for that replica jersey to come out and we in want no jokey thing is adidas kit we want willing to pay wahever it cost steupsss them inw ah make money

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 09:01:44 PM »
Soca Warriors' merchandise on sale Monday
Kern De Freitas

Tuesday, January 31st 2006
trinidadexpress

From as early as Monday, members of the public can start collecting their official "Soca Warriors" memorabilia ahead of the national team's debut at the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany in June.

Yesterday, T&T Germany 2006 launched their official "Soca Warriors" merchandise and announced the authorised distributors as Standard Distributors Ltd, York Garments Ltd and KFC.

Patrons can purchase official caps and T-shirts bearing the Soca Warriors' shield and logo from next week, with other items, such as key chains, bottle openers, bottle coolers, travel mugs, beer mugs, handbags and cell phone cases being introduced by the end of February.

KFC will be offering Soca Warriors copybooks, visors and posters only.

"...We are not only launching a range of football-related merchandise, but memorabilia of a proud, historic moment for Trinidad and Tobago," Trinidad and Tobago senior team manager Bruce Aanansen told the gathering yesterday at the memorabilia launch at the cinema lobby of Movie Towne, Invaders Bay.

"People will wear these items or own them with pride. It becomes the way we individually connect to our national team's presence upon the hallowed football fields of the largest, most exciting sporting event on the Earth, the FIFA World Cup," said Aanansen.

Purchasers of the Soca Warriors memorabilia will also be supporting the national footballers, as a substantial percentage of earnings from sales will go directly towards the players themselves, according to Aanansen.

"It is important to note here that these distributors have agreed to contribute significant portions of the sales of these items back to the Soca Warriors," Aanansen disclosed.

"In fact, the minimum return on the sale price of items such as T-shirts and caps would be 49 per cent."

Aanensen also announced that 30 per cent of the proceeds will "go to the player's pool for the benefit of the players".

The T&T manager also warned against unlicensed entities producing items that do not bear the Soca Warriors official shield and logo, as well as that of the T&TFF, saying there have already been cases where such retailers are even using the phrase, 'part proceds go towards the Soca Warriors', adding that the Federation's legal team was looking at that situation.

"There is no relationship between the T&TFF, the Soca Wariors, and those items which are sold by any distributor other than those announced today," he stressed.

"We urge members of the public not to support the sale of fake merchandise which robs members of the national team of their hard-earned, well-deserved incentives."

In addition to the accessories launched yesterday, T&T Germany 2006 co-ordinator Peter O'Connor revealed the official replica adidas kit is soon to arrive in Trinidad and Tobago next month, giving a likely date of February 10.

FIFA will also be releasing a "limited quantity" of official Germany 2006 items for retail in T&T.

Official T&T Soca Warriors merchandise can be purchased from the following outlets: Standard Distributors (ANSA House; Queen and Henry Sts; Princes Town; Grand Bazaar; Western Main Road; Coffee St; High St; Old Blanchisseuse Rd; the Croisee; and Milford Road, Tobago) and York Garments (El Socorro; Abercromby St; Frederick St; Piarco International Airport; and Crown Point Airport).

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WATCH: The launch of a new line of Soca Warriors merchandise
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 08:29:27 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ijfQUOnd6hA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ijfQUOnd6hA</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 09:28:17 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ijfQUOnd6hA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ijfQUOnd6hA</a>

Thats good. They are finally taking the right steps to market the Soca brand. There is a market for these items in the Trini diaspora. I hope they price the products appropriately and try not to get rich by overpricing them..

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 10:12:42 PM »

Thats good. They are finally taking the right steps to market the Soca brand. There is a market for these items in the Trini diaspora. I hope they price the products appropriately and try not to get rich by overpricing them..
good job!! and good looking merchandise too. anybody have the link to the online store? (or it will be 'commin' for a while again)?

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 06:37:30 AM »

Positive !!!!

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2015, 12:51:51 PM »
Ah would take a scarf to hang in meh cubicle and a couple of the team jerseys in kids sizes plz.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 01:27:01 PM »
well done kimmy and co. now lets hope you can have actual stock available and at a price which will encourage sales and see some level of viral exposure

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2015, 04:11:54 PM »
Good job...

Suggestions:

Get stores in Canada like Champs, Foot locker, pro image and/or Walmart... To carry the merchandise... Especially the kit..

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2015, 04:37:20 PM »
clever advertising ceo andreas cardenas, just google it and saw clever "outdoor" advertising so somebody not too clever. with the spainsh accents thought was some foreign company, but in reality its a local start up doing ads for purina, how much is their contract mr.tim kee?? notice a glitch in the video,let hope its not a loop hole in the matrix of corruption....

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2015, 07:15:24 PM »
Good job...

Suggestions:

Get stores in Canada like Champs, Foot locker, pro image and/or Walmart... To carry the merchandise... Especially the kit..

creep first grasshopper! to get into those stores, is not easy as it may seem (especially with the admin track record and in most cases you have to pay top dollar for rack space). I would start with online.. eBay, amazon or even their own store. The key will be to process and ship quickly and keep prices down. With Amazon (very simple to create a store) they can drop ship to their regional depots.. customers will have their purchase as early as next day in some cases (Canada / US/ UK).

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2015, 08:51:23 AM »
Good job...

Suggestions:

creep first grasshopper! to get into those stores, is not easy as it may seem (especially with the admin track record and in most cases you have to pay top dollar for rack space). I would start with online.. eBay, amazon or even their own store. The key will be to process and ship quickly and keep prices down. With Amazon (very simple to create a store) they can drop ship to their regional depots.. customers will have their purchase as early as next day in some cases (Canada / US/ UK).

Good points brother... It should still be their aim for the future... But that will come with TT winning some big games in the coming years .. As well as making and doing well in wcq

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 09:05:14 AM »
Good job...

Suggestions:

Good points brother... It should still be their aim for the future... But that will come with TT winning some big games in the coming years .. As well as making and doing well in wcq

agree.. like we're seeing now with the Jays - every granny and the ugly step-granchile have Jays gear. Ah sure yuh coasting ah snapback!  ;)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2015, 09:07:53 AM »
Contro not sure how things run in Canada, (but if NYC is any example) getting into these type of stores in the US will be virtually impossible.  Jerseys are either found in specialty stores or in the brand manufacturer stores here.  Even the stores that are sporting goods stores have limited international jerseys.  You can barely find USMNT jerseys in Foot Locker, Modells, Champs, and Walmart here.  And if they do have any other it may be Mexico (although very unlikely).  So the idea of Tim Kee being able to accomplish that is a pipe dream.  Unless of-course your aim is to set a bar he cannot get over only to use in your campaign against him :rotfl:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »
Contro not sure how things run in Canada, (but if NYC is any example) getting into these type of stores in the US will be virtually impossible.  Jerseys are either found in specialty stores or in the brand manufacturer stores here.  Even the stores that are sporting goods stores have limited international jerseys.  You can barely find USMNT jerseys in Foot Locker, Modells, Champs, and Walmart here.  And if they do have any other it may be Mexico (although very unlikely).  So the idea of Tim Kee being able to accomplish that is a pipe dream.  Unless of-course your aim is to set a bar he cannot get over only to use in your campaign against him :rotfl:

:D :D

I spoke to a regional manager from pro image in Toronto.. All they need is a reliable supplier in Toronto and they will carry the jerseys in the GTA... Like my bro jumbie stated.. It will take a lot for the bigger stores to carry them...

I have nothing personal against TK.. At the end of the day he is a fellow TT brother, I will always voice my opinion and condemn nonsense from my people, doesn't mean I hate anyone... If I wanted to set up TK for a fall, it would be a lot more clever than that, trust me ;)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2015, 09:24:29 AM »
Good job...

Suggestions:

agree.. like we're seeing now with the Jays - every granny and the ugly step-granchile have Jays gear. Ah sure yuh coasting ah snapback!  ;)

I pull out my jays hat because they made me happy that they invested in their future... Nostalgic moments to come I hope...

TT fans need that inspiration again and I believe this team under SH can do it... God willing, or as the Muslim brothers would say it, inshallah ...

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2015, 08:51:03 PM »
One of the reasons why I went to this game was to get my hands on some soca warriors merchandise. Got excited when I walked in the main gate to the stadium.... Neon lights, strobe lights, costumed individuals, fancy tents, loud dj music.... All this just to promote the merchandise... Then to my utter dismay all they had for sale was round neck jerseys and dem 1980s style caps with the netting in the back... I didn't bother to ask price... Where are the jackets, hoodies, scarfs and ties that were in the video presentation launch?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2015, 08:59:25 PM »
One of the reasons why I went to this game was to get my hands on some soca warriors merchandise. Got excited when I walked in the main gate to the stadium.... Neon lights, strobe lights, costumed individuals, fancy tents, loud dj music.... All this just to promote the merchandise... Then to my utter dismay all they had for sale was round neck jerseys and dem 1980s style caps with the netting in the back... I didn't bother to ask price... Where are the jackets, hoodies, scarfs and ties that were in the video presentation launch?

The simplest of things we can't get correct. But blame fans and cooperate Trinidad and Tobago for lack of support. Well dun Kimmy and Co. BTW ah sure none of here really surprised.

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2015, 11:03:04 AM »
http://www.worldsoccershop.com/shop-by-national-team-trinidad-and-tobago-national-soccer-team.html

World Soccer Shop already has the new warriors logo on their site (sweats and Ts)

One ting dat ball at bottom look like a volleyball ?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:07:58 AM by socachynee »

1]; } ?>