April 23, 2024, 06:08:20 PM

Author Topic: Wales book Soca Warriors Friendly  (Read 4503 times)

Offline Falkirk and proud

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Wales book Soca Warriors Friendly
« on: February 01, 2006, 06:36:10 AM »
May 27th in Austria ;D ;D
The Falkirk Stadium where a genius plays.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: T&T v Wales
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 06:43:02 AM »
Why the hell are they having the match in Graz??! Could they make it ANY more difficult for fans to travel? Is it going to be at the Arnold Schwarzzenegger stadium?

I still think this is a step below the calibre of teams that we should be playing at this point...

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 06:52:42 AM »
Why the hell are they having the match in Graz??! Could they make it ANY more difficult for fans to travel? Is it going to be at the Arnold Schwarzzenegger stadium?

I still think this is a step below the calibre of teams that we should be playing at this point...

Hmmm, maybe they're having the match there cause that's where our team will be based.

Step below what?  Some people never satisfied it seems.  Doh worry yourself we playing the Czechs on June 3 so we could get the licks you're looking for  ::)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 07:00:03 AM »
Step below what?  Some people never satisfied it seems.  Doh worry yourself we playing the Czechs on June 3 so we could get the licks you're looking for 

Christ almighty...look, I just think that if we are playing three world class teams in the world cup, we should be playing against teams close to that level in our friendlies. I don't think Wales is a team close to that level. I'm not "looking for licks"...I'm looking to be prepared.

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 07:03:27 AM »
besids which, it eh no guarantee we beating Wales..dat is ah damn good side..could compete in CONCACAF anyday!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 07:14:51 AM »
Step below what? Some people never satisfied it seems. Doh worry yourself we playing the Czechs on June 3 so we could get the licks you're looking for

Christ almighty...look, I just think that if we are playing three world class teams in the world cup, we should be playing against teams close to that level in our friendlies. I don't think Wales is a team close to that level. I'm not "looking for licks"...I'm looking to be prepared.

The object here is not necessarily to play a team close in quality to a game in the WC but to play a decent team similar in style to that of one your first round games. Style of play and tendencies here is more important than quality.

The US played a somewhat weak Norway team but I am sure Bruce Arena got exactly what they wanted out of that game, and I dont mean  5 goasl!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 08:12:11 AM »

The TTFF must be real stupid to not consider the fans before the team ent??

de team staying there and got a friendly match with a team that plays similarly to england.......what more alyuh want?? BLOOD??

WALES ARE A GOOD TEAM!! since when we feel that we must play world class teams all the time?  U feel these so-caled world class teams rushing to play us??

think again!!

ah love it!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006, 08:15:00 AM »

The TTFF must be real stupid to not consider the fans before the team ent??

de team staying there and got a friendly match with a team that plays similarly to england.......what more alyuh want?? BLOOD??

WALES ARE A GOOD TEAM!! since when we feel that we must play world class teams all the time?  U feel these so-caled world class teams rushing to play us??

think again!!

ah love it!!

so andre  wait nah, dey not rushing tuh play we?

steups...and did not realize dat at all, at all.

Dey must be fraid tuh face we because we go show dem up as being overated and ting?

we is ah World Class side yuh know.  Dem jes fraid we. ::)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2006, 08:26:09 AM »
de team staying there

Good point...I genuinely didn't know that... Apologies

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2006, 08:31:58 AM »

dat stadium was  renamed overnight ......
warmonga...
Black Lives Matter..

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Wales book Soca Warriors friendly
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 08:48:02 AM »
Wales book Soca Warriors friendly
(BBC Sport)

Toshack happy with Euro group 
Wales have organised a friendly match against England's World Cup opponents Trinidad and Tobago.
John Toshack's side will play the Soca Warriors in Austria on 27 May, at Graz's Liebherr GAK Stadium.

Trinidad and Tobago begin their World Cup campaign on 10 June against Sweden, before facing England and then Paraguay in their remaining Group B fixtures.

Toshack is also close to arranging a match for Wales against a Basque XI, using his links with Real Sociedad.

Having missed out on the World Cup finals in Germany, Toshack is now building towards the qualifiers for the 2008 European Championships.

Wales have been drawn in Group D along with the Republic of Ireland, the Czech Republic, Germany, Slovakia, Cyprus and San Marino.

Toshack says he will use the forthcoming friendlies to accelerate his youth policy, and Derby's 17-year-old defender Lewin Nyatanga could become Wales' youngest international if he plays against Paraguay.

"They will have to come in, and it is important that when they do they realise they haven't 'made it'," said Toshack.

"Some of them will not be ready. But they must realise they have the chance of a lifetime and run harder than ever and not think they have made it at 19 years of age.

"Their enthusiasm and work rate will be needed as never before.

"When the squad is named for Paraguay there will be half-a-dozen who were in the Under-21s last season.

"We must realise there is a big gap between where they are playing and the top level.

"But the sooner they go into my side the sooner they will learn and be ready."

Wales' Euro 2008 campaign kicks off on 2 September, although the fixtures have yet to be finalised.

The Millennium Stadium will be unavailable for the first two dates in early 6 September, but Toshack says he does not want to begin with two away games.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 10:31:20 AM by e-man »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 08:52:40 AM »
U feel these so-caled world class teams rushing to play us??
think again!!

Having missed out on the World Cup finals in Germany, Toshack is now building towards the qualifiers for the 2008 European Championships.
Wales have been drawn in Group D along with the Republic of Ireland, the Czech Republic, Germany, Slovakia, Cyprus and San Marino.

Looking at Wales group for the Euro Cup, it's clear that they are using T&T as preparation for Czech Republic and Germany because we are the same calibre and play a similar style!  They rushing to play us for true!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 08:56:48 AM »

so andre  wait nah, dey not rushing tuh play we?

steups...and did not realize dat at all, at all.

Dey must be fraid tuh face we because we go show dem up as being overated and ting?

we is ah World Class side yuh know.  Dem jes fraid we. ::)

ent ?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 09:00:17 AM »
I think they realize how they move left with us with the original friendly planned in Feb/March cause it was probably agreed in principle and then they cancelled so they trying to come back with this friendly. Me aint care nah, as long as we get some good practise matches
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 09:02:39 AM by g »
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 09:07:35 AM »
I don't know where all of a sudden that some people think that teams like wales and iceland aren't good enough for us to play friendlies yuh know. Some people just don't appreciate nothing at all yuh know.  At least we getting teams that our opponents are also playing as friendlies too. I don't even know what else to say nah....steupssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 09:29:18 AM »
Wales is a good test,
Craig Bellamy, John Hartson, Robbie Earnshaw, Robbie Savage, Ryan Giggs, Simon Davies, Danny Gabbidon, Gary Speed, Jason Koumas. Most of their starting players play in the EPL and England only beat them 1 - 0 in their last WCQ. They beat Azerbaijan 2 - 0, a team that we also beat. They are a very good test. And their keepers, Mark Crossley, Danny Coyne and Paul Jones are very good. As good a test as any.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 09:42:04 AM »
wales is a good test, better test than iceland by far, wales will give us some good prep

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 09:46:38 AM »
think again!!

Looking at Wales group for the Euro Cup, it's clear that they are using T&T as preparation for Czech Republic and Germany because we are the same calibre and play a similar style!  They rushing to play us for true!

I think our style more similar to CYPRUS and SAN MARINO.........bout we similar to Czech Republic and England........hhhahaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa.

Wales is still a good match up for us

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 10:02:25 AM »
think again!!

I think our style more similar to CYPRUS and SAN MARINO.........bout we similar to Czech Republic and England........hhhahaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa.

You talking bout Canada right.

Don't disrespect!
TnT Patriot

Offline citizenK

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2006, 10:14:30 AM »
The funny thing about that story is that the link on the BBC site says:
"Wales book Tobago friendly"

I was thinking, what the hell... they playing Tobago only? Or, they book a holiday in Tobago?  ;)

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wales book Soca Warriors Friendly
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 12:24:37 PM »

i doh think it call arnold schwarzenegger stadium anymore.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006, 02:29:51 PM »

I think Wales is a very good test. I saw them beat Italy during Euro 2004 qualifying....a very good squad on their day. And now they have ex-Real Madrid coach,Toshack, in charge...this will not be easy at all.

I also think it makes no sense playing only ultra difficult teams in our prep for the WC. At our level we need at least a few competitive games where we can still execute certain strategies, try new tactics, new formations, blood new players and hopeful even gain some confidence from a positive result or two. Running down a team that we not ready for may not be as constructive as improving our level of play against a slightly less competitive team. US didn't play Norway B to get a taste of the level of compe they facing..they did it to execute a few new tactics and try some fringe players and get a good result...that is all part of the prep too

btw...I'm not comparing Wales to Norway B

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2006, 02:59:13 PM »
think again!!

You talking bout Canada right.

Don't disrespect!

Who cares about Canada ? Not me ........

Homie.............U joking Righttttttttttt, well if you not I go still :rotfl: at this statement

I say all yuh living in Bubble breds...........I am a Warrior and a FAN.............However I do have a brain and yes we will get on bad in Germany, how man could say we have the same calibre team as Czech and England...............

True we could have gotten better teams to play, but still Wales is aight...........right up our Alley

Homie hav one a these :beermug: and relaxxxxxxxxx.

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2006, 03:15:47 PM »
Wales is a good test and have plenty quality players but gary speed isnt one of them because he retire from international football so that would be a good game for we.......as far as USA and Norway goes ah was real mad that norway let the US give them 5 but that norway team had none of they big names and the coach said that only 2 or 3 of the players on that team might make his Euro 2008 squad

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2006, 05:08:34 PM »
All yuh quick to call man waggonist. The man ain't know we based in Germany. Heaven Help Us.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2006, 05:31:49 PM »
I meant based in Austria.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>